HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Voynov in LA to stay?

Old
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

if you think Voynov's ceiling is Coffey, you didn't watch Coffey play much. Voynov's a potential 50 point, 20+ minute a game D-man with a great shot and the ability to quarterback the powerplay.

That's about what Coffey did in the 90s when the game changed from the 80s era.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I love VV and have championed him around here since his draft before allot of posters had found out how good he actually is and to compare him with Paul Coffey is simply ridiculous. VV is not only playing in a different era of NHL play but he is just not close to Paul Coffey in so far as talent and overall ability is concerned.

VV is an exceptional you Dman and maybe even an elite player but not likely to be close to Coffey.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:19 AM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Young Alexei Zhitnik Jr.

That answer your question?
Without the alcohol abuse of course.

fuzzerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
That's about what Coffey did in the 90s when the game changed from the 80s era.
The first time Paul Coffey went below 67 points in a season in his career (outside of his rookie year and the lockout year of 1994-1995) was when he had 34 points in 57 games in 1996-1997, at the age of 35.

He scored 103, 93, 69, 87, 58 (in 45 games) and 74 point seasons during the 1990's before that and won a Norris.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1042

Voynov has 11 points in 28 games. Stop comparing him to Coffey until he's actually done something. Zhitnik is a much more fair and realistic comparision.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

He reminds me a bit of Sergei Zubov. Similar build, thinks the game very well, crisp passer with a great ability to get the shot through. Maybe a bit more physical with a little less offensive potential.

I love his game and hopefully he is a King for a long time.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Whiskeypete

Coffey seems like a bit of a stretch. granted its a great player to strive to equal, but likely won't happen. hell we already have that 'problem' when it comes to DD trying to live up to that level of hype. let's not start throwing the same on VV.

one reason like i said in my initial post why i hate comparing using names, because it sets ridiculous levels of expectations to often. i think in most cases it retards the development of some guys, because of the added pressure. each guy is different and you have to let each develop on their own pace.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
johnjm22

Coffey or not, VV has TREMENDOUS upside. He could end up being a top pairing defenseman one day.

Paul played in a completely different era.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Coffey or not, VV has TREMENDOUS upside. He could end up being a top pairing defenseman one day.

Paul played in a completely different era.
He may have, but even if you dumby his numbers down, Coffey still captured three Norris trophies, would have still likely easily eclipsed 1,000 career points, is a HOFer and played in some of the biggest international games in history, such as Rendezvous 87. And he has three cup rings too.

Voynov has 28 NHL games ever and has gone over the 30 point level once in 3+ pro seasons in North America. And he did that in the AHL.

I agree VV has great upside, and he might be a top pairing guy someday. Saying VV and Coffey in the same sentence is assinine though. Even Zubov is crazy IMO.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He may have, but even if you dumby his numbers down, Coffey still captured three Norris trophies, would have still likely easily eclipsed 1,000 career points, is a HOFer and played in some of the biggest international games in history, such as Rendezvous 87. And he has three cup rings too.

Voynov has 28 NHL games ever and has gone over the 30 point level once in 3+ pro seasons in North America. And he did that in the AHL.

I agree VV has great upside, and he might be a top pairing guy someday. Saying VV and Coffey in the same sentence is assinine though. Even Zubov is crazy IMO.
Um......^this.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote