HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Foligno or Kulemin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
  #26
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Foligno..
greater defensive player, great at forechecking, has just as great or probably greater offensive side that kulemin.

eazy

Next time you should probably explain how he DIFFERS from foligno before you say "easy".
Just watching them should be enough explanation if you ask me

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:22 PM
  #27
superrich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
lol alfie hit on tucker was clean, just ask the league and the refs...Good job coming up with bad examples...

I must have missed his suspensions...
Please explain in your opinion why it is clean.

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
  #28
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post


When have the Sens ever been cheap shot artists? Look at our captain!!! He is the definition of class and respect. If he did cheap shot someone, he would apologize. He wouldn't go in and take advantage of that cheap shot to score a goal or something like that.


Kulemin rather easily, he'll bounce back soon.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  #29
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superrich View Post
Please explain in your opinion why it is clean.
Alfredsson hits his shoulder. done.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  #30
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Just watching them should be enough explanation if you ask me
Quote:
Originally Posted by superrich View Post
Please explain in your opinion why it is clean.
Why didn't the NHL suspend alfredsson?

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:08 PM
  #31
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
I prefer Kulemin for the Sens as he's a better top 6 option. I'd rather have Foligno on the 3rd line, though. Kulemin I think will easily be a 25-30 goal player for most of his career, while being a 50-60 pt guy. Kulemin is also better defensively than Foligno. Foligno should end up as an extremely physical 25 goal 50 pt player, I think Kulemin has slightly higher offensive and defensive upside though.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
  #32
Mansfield
possession obsession
 
Mansfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,030
vCash: 500
kulemin AINEC

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  #33
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Kuly pretty easily

He isn't having a great year but hes better in every area then Foligno except cheapshoting
Oh man...tears of sadness today.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
  #34
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Kulie Ainec

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:15 PM
  #35
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Just to point out Foligno has 119 hits in 48 games. While Kulemin only has 48 in 45 games.

If you point out physicality, Foligno beats Kulemin hands down.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  #36
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
kulemin AINEC
Foligno is top 15 in the league in hits for fwds, on pace for 21 goals and 29 assists, over 200 hits, almost 120 pims, has won every fight he's ever been involved in by quite a fair margin (as per hockeyfights.com), is okay defensively, and has done most of that on the Sens 3rd line. All of this is at the ripe age of 24.

Please, sir, elaborate on why its not close.
Will Kulemin be a 35 goal, 40 assist, 250 hit, 150 pim beast of a fighter who dominates the defensive zone as a first line winger? Because if not, I'd say its pretty close.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
  #37
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Just to point out Foligno has 119 hits in 48 games. While Kulemin only has 48 in 45 games.

If you point out physicality, Foligno beats Kulemin hands down.
Kulemin isn't really physical, except battling for the puck in the corners. He barely ever hits except for a really bonecrusher every few games. He is however, better than Foligno in pretty much every offensive aspect as far as I'm concerned. Don't let this years point totals fool you, he is much better than he has been playing.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
  #38
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless
 
MrCraigAnderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kulemin isn't really physical, except battling for the puck in the corners. He barely ever hits except for a really bonecrusher every few games. He is however, better than Foligno in pretty much every offensive aspect as far as I'm concerned. Don't let this years point totals fool you, he is much better than he has been playing.
I think Foligno's offensive ability is underrated. I don't see Kulimen having the same ability as Foligno with the puck on his stick. I'm not sure Kulimen is better in every aspect.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
  #39
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kulemin isn't really physical, except battling for the puck in the corners. He barely ever hits except for a really bonecrusher every few games. He is however, better than Foligno in pretty much every offensive aspect as far as I'm concerned. Don't let this years point totals fool you, he is much better than he has been playing.
OR don't let last year's number's fool you, kulemin isn't as good as you think?

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
  #40
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Foligno is top 15 in the league in hits for fwds, on pace for 21 goals and 29 assists, over 200 hits, almost 120 pims, has won every fight he's ever been involved in by quite a fair margin (as per hockeyfights.com), is okay defensively, and has done most of that on the Sens 3rd line. All of this is at the ripe age of 24.

Please, sir, elaborate on why its not close.
Will Kulemin be a 35 goal, 40 assist, 250 hit, 150 pim beast of a fighter who dominates the defensive zone as a first line winger? Because if not, I'd say its pretty close.
This. Especially the last part. Any leaf fan should read this before they say anything...especially "ainec"...for it to not be even be close, kulemin would have to be an great 1st liner because foligno sure as hell looks like he'll be a good 2nd liner.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
  #41
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
OR don't let last year's number's fool you, kulemin isn't as good as you think?
I don't let numbers fool me, I watch the games. Something perhaps you could try I guess. Last year will be closer to Kulemin's norm, than a fluke. Wait and see (or wait and read the stats, in your case I suppose).

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
  #42
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,174
vCash: 500
Hahah.

Kulemin.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
  #43
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
I don't let numbers fool me, I watch the games. Something perhaps you could try I guess. Last year will be closer to Kulemin's norm, than a fluke. Wait and see (or wait and read the stats, in your case I suppose).
you say "dont let the numbers fool you"

i say "dont let the numbers fool you"

you say "you dont watch hockey and only look at stats"

Great argument pal. If you get the idea that someone doesnt watch hockey because they say "dont let the numbers fool you" then YOU don't watch hockey either because you said it as well.

Or even worse, you're using the "you don't watch hockey" argument because someone disagrees with your opinion...which is it?

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:10 PM
  #44
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
you say "dont let the numbers fool you"

i say "dont let the numbers fool you"

you say "you dont watch hockey and only look at stats"

Great argument pal. If you get the idea that someone doesnt watch hockey because they say "dont let the numbers fool you" then YOU don't watch hockey either because you said it as well.

Or even worse, you're using the "you don't watch hockey" argument because someone disagrees with your opinion...which is it?
No. I said not to be fooled by the numbers and watch the games. You can see Kulemin is an effective player our there. He is snakebitten. He gets tons of chances, but none of the bounces. Last year, he played pretty much the exact same way but got the bounces. You can WATCH him and see that he is a better offensive player than Foligno, to me its an easy distinction to make.

You simply replied not to be fooled by the numbers last year, Kulemin isn't good. That doesn't have any merit to it. I watched Kulemin last year. I saw the numbers he put up last year. The numbers weren't fooling anyone, because he was playing to the level he was producing. This year, he is still playing at the level, but is just getting goose egged for his efforts. They will start going in, eventually.

If you can't see the difference between my argument, and your "no you!" response, then I can't help you.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
  #45
Rangers1135
Registered User
 
Rangers1135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Why didn't the NHL suspend alfredsson?

Why didn't the NHL suspend the Wolski cheapshot on Alfredson? Not everyone gets suspended for a cheapshot.

Rangers1135 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:27 PM
  #46
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Kulimen seems better as a second liner. He seems more consistent. Foligno is more of a 3rd liner, can fill in on the 2nd. Both have 50 point potential. Basically very similar players. This year is Foligno, but I'd prefer Kulimen. Really they are a very similar players but Foligno is half the price (IIRC).

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
  #47
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
I think Foligno's offensive ability is underrated. I don't see Kulimen having the same ability as Foligno with the puck on his stick. I'm not sure Kulimen is better in every aspect.
His 30 goal season begs to differ

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
  #48
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
This. Especially the last part. Any leaf fan should read this before they say anything...especially "ainec"...for it to not be even be close, kulemin would have to be an great 1st liner because foligno sure as hell looks like he'll be a good 2nd liner.
Hes never had more then 35 pts or 20 goals...How do you see him more then a 3rd liner is beyond me

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:36 PM
  #49
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
lol alfie hit on tucker was clean, just ask the league and the refs...Good job coming up with bad examples...

I must have missed his suspensions...
We all know the hit on Tucker was a penalty but whatever I dont feel like arguing.

The one on Niedermayer is pure stupidity,his intent was very clear on that play

The hit on Tallinder should have got 5 and a game easily

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
  #50
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,320
vCash: 500
Foligno, because he is the better hockey player and a good Canadian boy!!

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.