HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #44 vs. Nashville Predators

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Henrik Lundqivst 88 96.70%
Carl Hagelin 53 58.24%
John Mitchell 33 36.26%
Ryan McDonagh 15 16.48%
Michael Del Zotto 3 3.30%
Marian Gaborik 3 3.30%
Brian Boyle 19 20.88%
Brandon Prust 6 6.59%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Derek Stepan 4 4.40%
Dan Girardi 47 51.65%
Brandon Dubinsky 5 5.49%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Marc Staal 1 1.10%
Other 2 2.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2012, 12:39 PM
skroob**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
what's so special about Mitchell?

The fact that he used "what not" "set the tone" and "rim it around the boards"
because most hockey players (and athletes in general) can barely manage to say their own name without tripping over a vowel when a mic is on, so even what 'simple' things he can do puts him a step above his peers.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Also, gotta say that Weber had little to no impact on the game last night. For the poster who told me Weber is the best defenseman in the league, where was he last night? He took a shot wide. He jumped into the rush once and put a soft pass on net, and he cross checked Dubinsky blatantly late in the third because he couldnt legally outwork dubi for the puck. Not saying he still isn't a top 10-15 defenseman, but Ryan Suter puts his stamp on the game nearly every shift, and IMO is the much better defenseman. 7.5 for what Weber does is bad. The only thing that stands out above the other defenseman in his price-range is his shot and goal production. Again, I'd much rather have Girardi at 3.3 or Staal at 3.9 than Weber at 7.5! You can basically have Weber or you can have Staal AND Girardi for the same cap space. I think Suter may be the best defenseman in the game, all things considered, and I still wouldn't want to sign him for more than 6.5 per.
Yeah, it's only one game, but Weber didn't stand out at all last night. He wasn't bad by any means, but he didn't do anything game changing either, which is theoretically what he should be doing for $7.5 mill per year.

Still, it's one game and could just be an off game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Also, gotta say that Weber had little to no impact on the game last night. For the poster who told me Weber is the best defenseman in the league, where was he last night? He took a shot wide. He jumped into the rush once and put a soft pass on net, and he cross checked Dubinsky blatantly late in the third because he couldnt legally outwork dubi for the puck. Not saying he still isn't a top 10-15 defenseman, but Ryan Suter puts his stamp on the game nearly every shift, and IMO is the much better defenseman. 7.5 for what Weber does is bad. The only thing that stands out above the other defenseman in his price-range is his shot and goal production. Again, I'd much rather have Girardi at 3.3 or Staal at 3.9 than Weber at 7.5! You can basically have Weber or you can have Staal AND Girardi for the same cap space. I think Suter may be the best defenseman in the game, all things considered, and I still wouldn't want to sign him for more than 6.5 per.
It was one game lol

Weber is still a great D-man with good size and a cannon of a shot.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
It was one game lol

Weber is still a great D-man with good size and a cannon of a shot.
Did you read my post? ...

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote