HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Molson gives Gauthier kiss of death

View Poll Results: When will he get fired?
Before end of season 19 15.70%
At the conclusion of the season 72 59.50%
Not this year 18 14.88%
Never 12 9.92%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
what was Gauthier role before he was gm? Doesn't matter
and is Gainey still on his original contract? Who cares?
and just because they are canned doesnt mean they dont get paid for the contract they signed I didn't say they didn't
I think that sums that up rather nicely, any other conspiracy theories you wanna formulate?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think that sums that up rather nicely, any other conspiracy theories you wanna formulate?
conspiracy? what are you talking about?
think a little bit- definately shows that Gainey has some influence- dont be as daft as Molsons

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
conspiracy? what are you talking about?
think a little bit- definately shows that Gainey has some influence- dont be as daft as Molsons
"Oh noes gainey still around team = Gauthier is puppet and gainey puppetmaster!!?!?11one"

How ridiculous. Gauthier has been actively shopping and making smart moves towards a bigger more offensive team. Moving old/useless players for bigger players on cheaper contracts. We have given up no useful parts and begun overhauling the team. None of this smacks of gainey. If it was up to him we would have Redden and Drury on board by now and shipped out Gallagher and Tinordi a long time ago. Cole is not someone gainey would have ever gone after, Hemsky would be more up his alley.

It is obviously Gauthiers team now.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hate when people say this size stuff.

Wingers:

NameHeightWeight
Pacioretty 6'2196
Bourque 6'2211
Cole 6'2205
Kostitsyn 6'0214
Moen 6'2215
White 6'0193
Darche6'1 215
Leblanc 6'0178
Palushaj 5'11187
Blunden6'4218
Gionta 5'7173

Centers:

NameHeightWeight
Plekanec 5'11198
Desharnais 5'7177
Eller6'2198
Gomez 5'11198
Nokelainen6'1202
Enqgvist6'4199

Two guys under 5'11 in entire forward lineup including first call ups. The best part is the two guys who are undersized outbattle big guys all the time.

Let's drop the size issue alright? It would be nice to add another versatile Top 6 guy who can play center and wing but really, it's not a huge size thing. Let's move on from it.
Problem with undersized players is, while freak accidents happen to anyone, small players having to battle bigger ones tend to get hurt more often no matter tough they are... remember Koivu. And Gionta happens to be hurt again.

I believe average size for NHL player is something like 6'1" 205 lbs, so 5'11" under 200 lbs is already on the small side.

I think were close but couple more tweaks might be neccesary to that forward lineup, if one of Diaz/Weber moved aswell.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
IMO the fact that PG was given the go ahead to deal Cammalleri shows there is no imminent plan to fire him. Which surprised the heck out of me.

This is something that should have been done a long time ago. Mickey Mouse could have been the GM for this move. This means nothing. The order to get rid of his "smurf ass" may have come from Molson for all that we know.

vanejorg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:23 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Being the person in charge of the return means a lot, IMO. Making a 4 year commitment to Rene Bourque is not the kind of decision you let a lame duck GM make.

It would be easy to dump Bourque's ass if he doesn't perform in the way Montreal wants. For now, he effectively lowered the boom on some of the New York Rangers players the other night. Even though he did not contribute offensively, I believe he was a catalyst in that victory. He was driving the truck running over Rangers, and throwing them off of their game, allowing the other players to score. Trust me Montreal were the winners of this deal. They just beat the number one team in the NHL(while Calgary lost), got rid of a skinny, short-assed snot, and 3 million dollars in salary, while acquiring at the very least an interesting pick, and prospect. This was a classic Montreal trade, for the first time since the 1970's. It was about time. FLEECED, FLEECED, FLEECED....that is what Calgary got. Just two more of these moves, with Nashville, and Tampa Bay, or Columbus(you know which players I'm referring to), and they WILL BE in the playoffs...this year...now...the present....get it done Gauthier!!!

vanejorg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
The Sens have two things we don't have (did not have so far):

SIZE - all their forwrads are 6 '0 and over and most of them are young too.

Toughness: Neil, Konopka, Carkner + Smith
and Karlson

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Gauthier has done an admirable job and made some very schrewd trades. If you cannot see the night and day difference between his and gaineys moves then you are beyond hope.

I don't see him getting fired and if Cunneyworth gets this team going in the right direction he will stay aswell. Gauthier still has the majority of gaineys mess left to clean up but he is making his way through it one piece at a time. I see gomez being sent to the AHL and Gionta being moved once healthy. Then deal with the Markov situation and sign some decent UFAs in the offseason.
Pipe dream.

Gomez will never go down to the AHL.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote