HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres' Miller: "I have not and will not ask for a trade"

Old
01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Selanne00008

vCash: 500
also, do we really have that much (too much imo) respect for ryan that if the perfect trade is offered and it is on his list that darcy doesn;t pull the trigger??

This is a business, and if a move helps the team anyone is tradable. Nobody on this roster has saved the franchise, led us to a cup, etc. This isn't like trading Broduer or something.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Meh. Hooray for average to slightly above-average goalies making elite money.
I'm sorry but this post made me lol

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
yeah how does providing the list work? Does everyone with a limited trade clause all walk in on say september one to submit their list, or edit the list from the previous year?

Its not like in mid january if darcy is considering trading he then goes to ryan and asks for a list. That would be an awkward conversation hahah
About as awkward as a GM walking up to a player and asking to waive a regular NTC...

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Meh. Hooray for average to slightly above-average goalies making elite money.
I'd be happy if Miller elevated his game to average. I would breakdance if he could hit a slightly above-average level.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

All talk, I want to see him back it up and lead this team. One of the most highest paid goalies and
has a sub 900 svp and 3+ gaa??Just brutal.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
I'd be happy if Miller elevated his game to average. I would breakdance if he could hit a slightly above-average level.
Listed under "potential benefits of Miller playing better".

Hey, if he is better, they can zero in on their favorite draft position... #13 overall.

01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
sabregoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I'm pretty sure that the GM comes to the player and asks for a list if/when he decides to try and trade him.
I don't know specifically about his contract but I read somewhere before that typically a list is provided before each season or by a specific date.

I am not surprised what he said. He knows his options become limited if he asked. Other teams would think the sabres have to trade him and offer less and Darcy will say no.

I believe that Ryan is loyal to wherever he is and will not out right ask but he probably also will be willing to move and still will be on good terms with the buffalo fans.

sabregoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
southernsabrefan
Rookie User

New here and I love the Sabres, will watch the games no mater what!

But, I am so sick of Miller and his whining and the excuses for this team this season.

Someone needs to grow a pair and sit Miller for a period of time-let him be the back up. When he was out Enroth held his own and we stayed above 8th. If some of our players do not perform sit them down as well. Who cares at this point, dig from the minors and let them play. If you don't have heart stay off the ice. Do whatever it takes to make it to the playoffs, and do whatever to wake up the ones who are playing like slugs. Give us fans something to cheer about and clean house when the season is over.

southernsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Selanne00008

^^^ if that is the case. Smart on him. he could always go to Darcy privately and ask for a trade and ask that it be kept between the two of them.

That gets darcy the best value and keeps ryan a fan fav as you stated.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsabrefan View Post
New here and I love the Sabres, will watch the games no mater what!

But, I am so sick of Miller and his whining and the excuses for this team this season.

Someone needs to grow a pair and sit Miller for a period of time-let him be the back up. When he was out Enroth held his own and we stayed above 8th. If some of our players do not perform sit them down as well. Who cares at this point, dig from the minors and let them play. If you don't have heart stay off the ice. Do whatever it takes to make it to the playoffs, and do whatever to wake up the ones who are playing like slugs. Give us fans something to cheer about and clean house when the season is over.

Miller's excuses this year -

I need to play better
My game isn't where I want it
I've had a slow start
I cant stand up straight
I need to elevate my game
I'm not playing as good as I can
I need to step up and improve my game
My game still isn't where I would like it to be

Enroth's excuses this year:

Maybe we'd win if the team could score more then two goals.

Now who's the one making excuses again?

Old
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
sabregoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
^^^ if that is the case. Smart on him. he could always go to Darcy privately and ask for a trade and ask that it be kept between the two of them.

That gets darcy the best value and keeps ryan a fan fav as you stated.
And that shows respect by both parts. I am sick of players in all sports demanding to be traded in the media. It should be done privately.

sabregoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Some of the cynicism in here is ****ing disgusting. How is Miller saying that he has not and will not ask for a trade--in response to that question, no less!--equate to being "all talk" or "whining" or "having no heart?" Right, because running at the first sign of trouble would be a real demonstration of heart. This is just another thread where people who hate him can come in here and trash him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Zip15

Quote:

Fighting the hypocrisy is futile. Don't bother.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Mergus merganser

Quote:
Miller's excuses this year -

I need to play better
My game isn't where I want it
I've had a slow start
I cant stand up straight
I need to elevate my game
I'm not playing as good as I can
I need to step up and improve my game
My game still isn't where I would like it to be

Enroth's excuses this year:

Maybe we'd win if the team could score more then two goals.

So basically Miller has accepted responsibility for his horrendous play while Enroth blames the team?

In the words of Lindy "we are gunna need to win a game 1-0 at some point". Goalies that are on top of their games win when their team only scores 1 goal.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
So basically Miller has accepted responsibility for his horrendous play while Enroth blames the team?

In the words of Lindy "we are gunna need to win a game 1-0 at some point". Goalies that are on top of their games win when their team only scores 1 goal.
Honestly, I am not trying to put down on enroth, just pointing out the Hypocrisy of posts saying that miller is the one not taking responsibility this year, when the only goaltender that has said anything that could be described as whining and blaming others was Enroth. Even though I think Enroth was completely right in what he said. It IS hard to win a game when your defense is as bad as Buffalo's and your offense can't score more then 2 goals.

But referring to my previous post, my point is that miller has been saying that he needs to get better all year, not really blaming his team. The Enroth point was just pointing out that the poster I was referring to implied that Enroth doesn't say things like that, when he actually did.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Mergus merganser

Quote:
Honestly, I am not trying to put down on enroth, just pointing out the Hypocrisy of posts saying that miller is the one not taking responsibility this year, when the only goaltender that has said anything that could be described as whining and blaming others was Enroth. Even though I think Enroth was completely right in what he said. It IS hard to win a game when your defense is as bad as Buffalo's and your offense can't score more then 2 goals.

But referring to my previous post, my point is that miller has been saying that he needs to get better all year, not really blaming his team. The Enroth point was just pointing out that the poster I was referring to implied that Enroth doesn't say things like that, when he actually did.
My bad. I was skimming posts and thought you were saying that Miller is just making excuses for his play. Should have read the post you quoted.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

There are TWO Sabres Ryan. Not one. Your machoistic comment if flawed sir! Grammar nazi has spoken!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Sabretip

Obviously, Miller hasn't played well on most nights this year - he's admitted such. The main reason that it's become such a focal point this year is that, unlike in his better seasons of the past, he's not covering up for all of the defensive mistakes and missed scoring opportunities of his teammates that existed in the past. If the team around him held up their end, his mistakes wouldn't be as costly.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:19 PM
ohheyimmark

Anyone just see McKenzie attack Harrington on twitter? Awesome.

4 hours ago:

BNHarrington: Still shaking my head over fan's site ridiculous Miller rumor and TSN's need to address it. Miller addressed it in Buffalo Nov. 30 (more).

BNHarrington: Not one thing Monday from Miller said he wanted a trade. He said he didn't want ANYONE traded. You'd think these "Insiders" would read.

Bob lays the smackdown just now...

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington Still shaking MY head. Whatever the origin, fan website or whatever, Miller rumor(s) were all over NHL community this week.

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington You're right, Miller's comments Mon had nothing to do with rumors. Nov 30th? What's statute of limitations on fresh quote?

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington We don't have to like rumors or believe them but if countless hockey people are talking about it, fair game to address.

Then Harrington backtracks.

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie totally fair...but the timing of suddenly responding to a site with no credibility whatsoever was bothersome..

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie nature of the beast nowadays but beat guys of course would spend 24/7 on silliness if we followed every rumor trail.

Awesome.

EDIT: Still going

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington See, there's your first mistake. I don't even know what website you are talking about. But I know how many legit hockey...

TSNBobMcKenzie: ...people kept telling me they heard Miller had asked to be traded. I didn't believe it and I didn't even get the quote.

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington But it was a good, strong quote on an issue a lot of people, rightly or wrongly, were talking about. Nothing more or less.

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie i hear ya...the local guys are gonna know that's just foolishness but you're in the position of needing to vet it..totally.

Harrington is such a wuss.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Afino
The Juice

People in two countries now know Harrington is a hack.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:26 PM
HiddenInLight

That's hilarious.

Old
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Does Enroth starting tonight get anyone thinking?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
That's hilarious.
It is - TSN got a very definitive quote. Doesn't matter if it was all based on rumor - their work provided clarity to a situation many people were wondering about, which is more than can be said of most of the stuff that comes from the News.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Anyone just see McKenzie attack Harrington on twitter? Awesome.

4 hours ago:

BNHarrington: Still shaking my head over fan's site ridiculous Miller rumor and TSN's need to address it. Miller addressed it in Buffalo Nov. 30 (more).

BNHarrington: Not one thing Monday from Miller said he wanted a trade. He said he didn't want ANYONE traded. You'd think these "Insiders" would read.

Bob lays the smackdown just now...

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington Still shaking MY head. Whatever the origin, fan website or whatever, Miller rumor(s) were all over NHL community this week.

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington You're right, Miller's comments Mon had nothing to do with rumors. Nov 30th? What's statute of limitations on fresh quote?

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington We don't have to like rumors or believe them but if countless hockey people are talking about it, fair game to address.

Then Harrington backtracks.

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie totally fair...but the timing of suddenly responding to a site with no credibility whatsoever was bothersome..

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie nature of the beast nowadays but beat guys of course would spend 24/7 on silliness if we followed every rumor trail.

Awesome.

EDIT: Still going

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington See, there's your first mistake. I don't even know what website you are talking about. But I know how many legit hockey...

TSNBobMcKenzie: ...people kept telling me they heard Miller had asked to be traded. I didn't believe it and I didn't even get the quote.

TSNBobMcKenzie: @BNHarrington But it was a good, strong quote on an issue a lot of people, rightly or wrongly, were talking about. Nothing more or less.

BNHarrington: @TSNBobMcKenzie i hear ya...the local guys are gonna know that's just foolishness but you're in the position of needing to vet it..totally.

Harrington is such a wuss.
That is awesome. Harrington blocked me when I called him unprofessional for pining for a trade as the team's beat reporter.