HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take for Parise

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
  #26
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
An act of god. I would rather have Ryan and I think we'd have to give away less for him.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
  #27
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
then when the summer rolls around everyone will say "it would have been stupid to get into the bidding war for Parise, Team X overspent big time on him, we're better off with the kids maturing"
... nailed it sir ... except this time ... I wouldn't cry one bit if we were the ones "overpaying"

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
  #28
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
An act of god. I would rather have Ryan and I think we'd have to give away less for him.
Ryan would most definitely cost more to acquire. He has several years left on his deal whereas Parise is UFA.

Think Richards/Carter type of return for Ryan, and Kovalchuk/Forsberg return for Parise

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:43 PM
  #29
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
If Parise is moved at the deadline to a team that is not us, do you think it hurts our chances of landing him during the summer?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:01 PM
  #30
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
If Parise is moved at the deadline to a team that is not us, do you think it hurts our chances of landing him during the summer?
Depends on the team.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  #31
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
To answer the original question, in my mind... I'd send a conditional 2nd round pick this summer for his rights after the season.

Trading for him in season, if he is moved - which I doubt, will be too expensive. If he wants to test the FA market, Poile could send Lou a pick for negotiating rights with Lou knowing that Parise could decline Nashville's offer and re-sign with him come July 1st.

IMO, it makes more sense to do it that way instead of trading away a hunk of your future this season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
  #32
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
To answer the original question, in my mind... I'd send a conditional 2nd round pick this summer for his rights after the season.

Trading for him in season, if he is moved - which I doubt, will be too expensive. If he wants to test the FA market, Poile could send Lou a pick for negotiating rights with Lou knowing that Parise could decline Nashville's offer and re-sign with him come July 1st.

IMO, it makes more sense to do it that way instead of trading away a hunk of your future this season...
Would trading the rights to Radulov be fair compensation in part of the deal...for Parise in your kind of a deal

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
  #33
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,067
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Would trading the rights to Radulov be fair compensation in part of the deal...for Parise in your kind of a deal
No not at all. The rights to parise would expire july 1 and aren't worth nearly what the rights to rads are worth. He is signed and owes a year at 975k. That is priceless in a cap era. My thought would be we trade nj a third or if need be a second for parise's rights, with that pick becoming a first if we do in fact sign him

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:05 PM
  #34
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Would trading the rights to Radulov be fair compensation in part of the deal...for Parise in your kind of a deal
I think the goal is to bring back Radulov too... IMO, he'll play for $987k for a season if the Preds agree to pay for his buyout fee in the KHL this summer... Radulov himself has stated he has an outclause for this summer to return to the NHL...

FWIW, I don't know if that would be considered a salary cap violation though. It might not be allowed...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
  #35
cju1979
Radulov Convert
 
cju1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Shea\

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
  #36
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think the goal is to bring back Radulov too... IMO, he'll play for $987k for a season if the Preds agree to pay for his buyout fee in the KHL this summer... Radulov himself has stated he has an outclause for this summer to return to the NHL...

FWIW, I don't know if that would be considered a salary cap violation though. It might not be allowed...
I hope the Preds can move on from Radulov. Even though if he turns out to be a superstar. After the deal for 987k goes away what kind of deal would he want? If he scores 70 goals then he'll want Ovie and Crosby money right? If he scores 30 goal more like then we sign him for the Poile 3 year safe deal for 5 or 6. Then you got to remember that he did quit on the team. He had an out and he took it. Ok he's a kid and kids do stupid things sometimes. I wouldn't just trade his rights for the right to try and sign Parise but I would throw him in a deadline deal to get Parise if that's what it will take

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
  #37
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
There's a couple of teams in the West that can offer us a solid package and those teams are the Kings, the Blues and yes, the Preds. We are in desperate need of bluechip blueliners and would welcome a Voynov, a Cole or a Ellis with picks, prospects and a roster player.
If Parise went to the Blues I would puke, and be forced to hate him. I pray that does not happen.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:17 AM
  #38
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Ryan would most definitely cost more to acquire. He has several years left on his deal whereas Parise is UFA.

Think Richards/Carter type of return for Ryan, and Kovalchuk/Forsberg return for Parise
Contracts aside, the Devils aren't out of the playoffs yet....I just don't see them selling Parise when they're still in it. Whereas the Ducks are out at the moment and don't look like they'll be making it in this year.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:25 AM
  #39
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
If we are to land Parise and retain Suter and Weber we will have 30 mil locked up in 4 players...


Recipe for disaster!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:14 AM
  #40
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,067
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
If we are to land Parise and retain Suter and Weber we will have 30 mil locked up in 4 players...


Recipe for disaster!
More like recipe for being a Cup contender every year for the forseeable future. If the owners follow through with what they have said, we can afford it.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:31 AM
  #41
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
More like recipe for being a Cup contender every year for the forseeable future. If the owners follow through with what they have said, we can afford it.
And what about the other 19??? What they gonna get paid? Gum?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:09 AM
  #42
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,067
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
And what about the other 19??? What they gonna get paid? Gum?
That still leaves at least thirty five million to pay the others. Trust me I've done the math. Erat leggy and fisher will all make less than their cap hit going forward

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:47 PM
  #43
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
That still leaves at least thirty five million to pay the others. Trust me I've done the math. Erat leggy and fisher will all make less than their cap hit going forward
You might need to do the math again.

We are 32.8 mil dew next season already for 13 players signed.

That is without Suter, Weber and Parise( let's keep him in the pool as our conversation was around him)

To land all 3 of them we need 22 mil if not more

And that leaves us with less then 10 mil for 7 players.

One of them is Wilson who will get around 3 mil.

So 6 mil for 6 players:


We need 2 D which I believe can be Blum and Ekholm, and a golie Smith or Lindback

So we have 3 for 3 left. Which is not bad.

But then the season of 13-14 with 7 guys dew for a good raise... What we gonna do then????

And we will have to forget about Radulov for sure, because he will get 5 mil at least!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
  #44
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Lindback + Ellis + 2012 1st round pick and I'd be one happy NJD fan. I think one of your moderators proposed the same type of package and added SK but in all honesty, I'd be content with the proposal above.

*Maybe add a conditional 1st if he resigns

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
  #45
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
You might need to do the math again.

We are 32.8 mil dew next season already for 13 players signed.

That is without Suter, Weber and Parise( let's keep him in the pool as our conversation was around him)

To land all 3 of them we need 22 mil if not more

And that leaves us with less then 10 mil for 7 players.

One of them is Wilson who will get around 3 mil.

So 6 mil for 6 players:


We need 2 D which I believe can be Blum and Ekholm, and a golie Smith or Lindback

So we have 3 for 3 left. Which is not bad.

But then the season of 13-14 with 7 guys dew for a good raise... What we gonna do then????

And we will have to forget about Radulov for sure, because he will get 5 mil at least!
wrong. radulov is on the hook for 900k if he does not play this year, which is looking doubtful. and having radulov and parise means we are gonna have to drop two guys via trade. Most sense would be hornquist and his 3 million

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:57 PM
  #46
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
You might need to do the math again.

We are 32.8 mil dew next season already for 13 players signed.

That is without Suter, Weber and Parise( let's keep him in the pool as our conversation was around him)

To land all 3 of them we need 22 mil if not more

And that leaves us with less then 10 mil for 7 players.

One of them is Wilson who will get around 3 mil.

So 6 mil for 6 players:


We need 2 D which I believe can be Blum and Ekholm, and a golie Smith or Lindback

So we have 3 for 3 left. Which is not bad.

But then the season of 13-14 with 7 guys dew for a good raise... What we gonna do then????

And we will have to forget about Radulov for sure, because he will get 5 mil at least!
I posted this a few weeks ago. Bolded are estimates.

Code:
Erat		 $5.500 	Legwand	 $4.000 	Hornqvist	 $3.250 
Kostitsyn	 $3.000 	Fisher		 $3.000 	Wilson	 $3.000 
Tootoo	 $1.700 	Spaling	 $1.100 	Bourque	 $0.635 
Halischuk	 $0.825 	Smithson	 $0.800 	Smith		 $0.690 
McGratton	 $0.650 	K Wilson	 $0.550
					
Weber	 $7.500 	Suter		 $6.500 		
Klein		 $1.350 	Josi		 $0.875 	
Blum		 $0.800 	Ellis		 $0.810 		
Ekholm	 $0.900 				
					
Rinne		 $7.000 	Lindback	 $0.900 		
					
Dumont*	 $1.333 	Lebda*	 $0.467 		
					
					
Total:	  $57.135  	Cap:	 $64.300 	Space:	$7.165
If we get a forward for $7M, have him take Hornqvist's or Kostitsyn's spot, and that leaves us with $3M left. And that is assuming the cap doesn't rise (which it will)


Last edited by Paranoid Android: 01-22-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: tweaked some free agent estimations
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
  #47
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I posted this a few weeks ago. Bolded are estimates.

Code:
Erat		 $5.500 	Legwand	 $4.000 	Hornqvist	 $3.250 
Kostitsyn	 $3.000 	Fisher		 $3.000 	Wilson	 $3.000 
Tootoo	 $1.350 	Spaling	 $1.100 	Geoffrion	 $1.000 
Halischuk	 $0.825 	Smithson	 $0.800 	Smith		 $0.690 
K Wilson	 $0.550 	McGratton	 $0.650 		
					
Weber	 $7.500 	Suter		 $6.500 		
Blum		 $1.100 	Klein		 $1.350 		
Josi		 $0.875 	Ellis		 $0.810 		
Ekholm	 $0.900 				
					
Rinne		 $7.000 	Lindback	 $1.250 		
					
Dumont*	 $1.333 	Lebda*	 $0.467 		
					
					
Total:	 $57.800 	Cap:	 $64.300 	Space:	$6.500
If we get a forward for $7M, have him take Hornqvist's or Kostitsyn's spot, and that leaves us with $2.5M left. And that is assuming the cap doesn't rise (which it will)
So Parise long term might be a option for you guys. Good to know.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
  #48
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,067
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I posted this a few weeks ago. Bolded are estimates.

Code:
Erat		 $5.500 	Legwand	 $4.000 	Hornqvist	 $3.250 
Kostitsyn	 $3.000 	Fisher		 $3.000 	Wilson	 $3.000 
Tootoo	 $1.700 	Spaling	 $1.100 	Bourque	 $0.635 
Halischuk	 $0.825 	Smithson	 $0.800 	Smith		 $0.690 
McGratton	 $0.650 	K Wilson	 $0.550
					
Weber	 $7.500 	Suter		 $6.500 		
Klein		 $1.350 	Josi		 $0.875 	
Blum		 $0.800 	Ellis		 $0.810 		
Ekholm	 $0.900 				
					
Rinne		 $7.000 	Lindback	 $0.900 		
					
Dumont*	 $1.333 	Lebda*	 $0.467 		
					
					
Total:	  $57.135  	Cap:	 $64.300 	Space:	$7.165
If we get a forward for $7M, have him take Hornqvist's or Kostitsyn's spot, and that leaves us with $3M left. And that is assuming the cap doesn't rise (which it will)
I used similar figures and dropped Kostitsyn, substituted Parise and had us under 60 million

and if rads is back at 975K we could either replace Borque or consider trading Hornqvist to restock the prospects pool

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:36 PM
  #49
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Parise-Wilson-Radulov
SK-fisher-Erat
halishcuk-legwand-Smith
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo

Weber suter
Klein Josi
Ellis-Blum-Ekholm Vet D

lineup has potential and that first line is down right dangerous

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
  #50
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I used similar figures and dropped Kostitsyn, substituted Parise and had us under 60 million

and if rads is back at 975K we could either replace Borque or consider trading Hornqvist to restock the prospects pool
I'd drop Hornqvist before I'd drop SK. If we land Parise, he can take the place of Hornqvist in front of the net. Smith seems to like parking in front of the net on the PP as well so I think we'd be set there.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.