HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Ontario Team vs. Not Nearly as Good Ontario Team | Jan 17

Old
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Afro Thunder*

vCash: 500
Lols that Gardiner is to Karlsson/Rundblad as Aulie was suppose to be Cowen and Myers.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
topshelfie

sens last goal

kyle turris top shelf assisted by alfie and kadri, i mean cowen

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Greening and Condra belong on the 3rd line with Smith. We'd all be loving them if they were. Personally think Foligno should be in the top 6 mix and add in another legit top 6 and we got ourselves a great forward group.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The Leaf fans just wanna believe so bad that they have something on us. As soon as something good comes around (Gardiner), they immediately think he must be better than what we have.

The hilarity was that instead of talking about the 11 points in 15 games Turris has in Ottawa, since asking to get out of a situation that was terrible for him, they clinged to his 3 goals in 21 games this year.

My favourite was "Gardiner has as many points as Turris on the season as a defenseman in his rookie year I think lol? I might be off by 2 points." Dont even mention about Gardiner playing more then double amount of games.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The Leaf fans just wanna believe so bad that they have something on us. As soon as something good comes around (Gardiner), they immediately think he must be better than what we have.

The hilarity was that instead of talking about the 11 points in 15 games Turris has in Ottawa, since asking to get out of a situation that was terrible for him, they clinged to his 3 goals in 21 games this year.

Alot of Leafs fans are just grasping at straws now this many did think was going to be there year and Ottawa would be a awful team well that really has not gone according to plan so far.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Jerry Aldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Alot of Leafs fans are just grasping at straws now this many did think was going to be there year and Ottawa would be a awful team well that really has not gone according to plan so far.
After last night's game, coupled with today's announcement of Alfie captaining an all-star team, it's a very dark time in leaf land

Jerry Aldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Aldini View Post
After last night's game, coupled with today's announcement of Alfie captaining an all-star team, it's a very dark time in leaf land
We understand but it's behavior like that which leads to a lot of fan bases hating the team and when Toronto finally plays well, no one respects thee.

Last edited by ReginKarlssonLehner: 01-18-2012 at 07:44 PM.
ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:00 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Aldini View Post
Not to mention lots of rumours of Phaneuf being another Captain totally torn to bits by having an ex-Senator being captain instead

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Some comment on TSN by a Leafs fan was talking about how we have no future because Spezza is getting older. I guess Stone/Silfverberg/Zibanejad/Noesen/Puempel + the next 5-7 years of drafting won't help our poor hockey team once Spezza is done.

I really don't hate their team that much, but the fans are just so ridiculous with their comments.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:17 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Turris is sick.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Mephias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I think Greening has a home on this team for a long time. It remains to be seen if Condra does.
For me it's the other way around. IMO Condra's shown he can kill penalties and shut down opposing scoring lines, while Greening has been crashing the net less and less recently.

I still like Greening though; I just feel he needs to go back to where he was at the beginning of the year in terms of being a net presence if he wants to cement himself in the team's long-term future.

Mephias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Some comment on TSN by a Leafs fan was talking about how we have no future because Spezza is getting older. I guess Stone/Silfverberg/Zibanejad/Noesen/Puempel + the next 5-7 years of drafting won't help our poor hockey team once Spezza is done.

I really don't hate their team that much, but the fans are just so ridiculous with their comments.
What some Leaf fans fail to understand is Ottawa does have a good pool of younger players plus they have alot of cap space next year aslo if things got very bad and Ottawa was a lottery team they could trade Alfredson & Spezza etc and get a big return.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Cowen Time

Hmm, may not be a good time to drop in the Leafs board to state the obvious, that Alfie's career is better than Sundin's. No, probably not a good time at all.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
topshelfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Hmm, may not be a good time to drop in the Leafs board to state the obvious, that Alfie's career is better than Sundin's. No, probably not a good time at all.
Since you would be wrong, it's definitely not good timing.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Umm how about almost everyone we picked in last year's draft in the first 2 rounds plus Silverberg, Petersson, Hoffman etc. Were drafted because of their top 6 upside and will replace Cobdra and Greening in those lines. I wouldnt be surprised If Petersson pushes himself and puts condra back on the bottom 6 at the end of the season. I can almost gurantee that Silverberg will replace Greening on that line by mid season or even 20 games into next season.
Sure, they'll probably be displaced eventually from the top two lines, but why on Earth would we let them go? Greening demonstrated he's an extremely versatile player; he was capable of putting up some points earlier in the season and played a shut-down role on Bingo's Calder Cup Champion team last year. Condra's role is more suited to PK, 3rd/4th line player, but he's also been quite good in his position.

Greening's been a bit off lately, but this is his first pro season.

They're hard-working guys, the type of players you win with. They play like vets, and their ability to rotate in and out of the top 6 gives them great value (esp. for their price). It's also handy to have them if Silfverberg, Hoffman, Petersson, Zibby, and the rest of the young guys struggle a bit in making the transition. Being able to ease the rookies in is important, and something Detroit (MacLean's former team) emphasizes.

Butler... his NHL career is in jeopardy, but he's played well the last couple games--maybe Petersson's promotion putting some heat on him. To stay in the NHL, he's either going to have to regain last year's form or find a spot on a bad team.

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
Sure, they'll probably be displaced eventually from the top two lines, but why on Earth would we let them go? Greening demonstrated he's an extremely versatile player; he was capable of putting up some points earlier in the season and played a shut-down role on Bingo's Calder Cup Champion team last year. Condra's role is more suited to PK, 3rd/4th line player, but he's also been quite good in his position.

They're hard-working guys, the type of players you win with. They play like vets, and their ability to rotate in and out of the top 6 gives them great value (esp. for their price). It's also handy to have them if Silfverberg, Hoffman, Petersson, Zibby, and the rest of the young guys struggle a bit in making the transition. Being able to ease the rookies in is important, and something Detroit (MacLean's former team) emphasizes.

Butler... his NHL career is in jeopardy, but he's played well the last couple games--maybe Petersson's promotion putting some heat on him. To stay in the NHL, he's either going to have to regain last year's form or find a spot on a bad team.
But..but.. he already plays on the Eastern Conference's 15th place team, who could be worse?

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:33 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i was bored, so i played around in paint.

01-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Um.......

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:48 AM
FreakyBunny

An Open Letter to Leafs' Fans (posted here so I won't be accused of trolling)

Dear Leafs' Fans,

I feel sorry for you. Your franchise clearly doesn't deserve the kind of unwavering devotion you offer it. Year in and year out they fail to live up to puffed up expectations. It's not the players' fault, either. It's the whole system. It's the fact that they are the most profitable club in the league and therefore upper management is not as hungry to appease the owners as their counterparts are. There's one less layer of motivation, apprehension, and even fear there. For many teams a decades long losing streak would spell relocation. In Toronto it's spelled p-r-o-f-i-t. There's something wrong about that.

Would the ownership be as stable in Ottawa if we suffered nine humiliating seasons in a row as Toronto has? Nope. As far as Bell and Rogers go, the only winning that counts takes place in the financial arena.

I am so happy Mr. Melnyk is passionate about hockey because that's the best way to build a winning culture. We have an identifiable boss whose love of the game is evident. Toronto does not. That's why they lose, and that's why we are surely not going to go nine seasons without hockey in May (or June, for that matter).

So, Leafs' fans, if you are cheering for the Leafs because your grandpa did, it's time to get free of his ghost and put your passion where it will truly be appreciated...behind a team like Ottawa, Winnepeg, hell, even Montreal. Better yet, put whatever support you can behind someone like Jim Balsillie and build a new grass-roots team in the GTA worthy of your loyalty, hopes, and dreams. It's the only way you'll ever get the respect you deserve. And I bet that scares the hell out of the powers that be in MLSE.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:58 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Season isn't over yet.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Tuna99

If the leafs were smart they'd declare a rebuild and hire Tim Murray as their new GM And let him draft for 2-3 years and build a foundation

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:21 AM
FreakyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
If the leafs were smart they'd declare a rebuild and hire Tim Murray as their new GM And let him draft for 2-3 years and build a foundation
I would love to see some kind of duel for the job. They could hold a scowl-off. I would buy a ticket to see that.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Season isn't over yet.
You said it. We aren't even at the all-star break, and all the talking heads confidently state who's in & who's out of the playoffs this spring.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:37 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post

Condra is better as RW; Greening should not be a LW1. Put them with Smith and you've got chemistry for years I think. As Silfverberg and Zibanejad and Stone and Hoffman start to roll through in the next years (or with a LW trade) we will be fine and they will still dominate as the 3rd line

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephias View Post
For me it's the other way around. IMO Condra's shown he can kill penalties and shut down opposing scoring lines, while Greening has been crashing the net less and less recently.

I still like Greening though; I just feel he needs to go back to where he was at the beginning of the year in terms of being a net presence if he wants to cement himself in the team's long-term future.
Greening has 24 pts & 9 goals in half an NHL season in his rookie yr, it seems to me he is doing just fine. Condra is the guy that if he doesn`t start scoring again could be in trouble since a number of guys can play on the PK. Butler needs to find the net too, he has been playing well, has had numerous chances & hit a few posts & crossbars. If he can start finding the back of the net this team could take off. BTW Greening is signed for 3 yrs, & Butler & Condra for two yrs.

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote