HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Gaustad to Philadelphia

Old
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
If Pronger was not hurt and Bryz was playing as expected, the forum discussion would be faceoffs during a potential long playoff run.

As for next year, I don't see how Couturier remains on the fourth line.
Only way that makes sense is to move Giroux/Briere to wing.

Down the middle:
Giroux/Briere
Couts
Schenn
Talbot

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
There's a glaring lack of JvR in your lines. Though I assume you were proposing those lines as if we acquired him today. Then Zolnierczyk or Rinaldo would be out of a lineup spot when he returns. Can a team be too deep? I'd also look to see if BUF would add a guy like Gragnani to the trade. I have no idea what the asking price would end up being though...Might be someone like Read + pick(s)?
Buffalo fans would add Gragnani for a bag of pucks.

Srsly... offer them a 4th rounder for him and they'd be ecstatic.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:17 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
There's a glaring lack of JvR in your lines. Though I assume you were proposing those lines as if we acquired him today. Then Zolnierczyk or Rinaldo would be out of a lineup spot when he returns. Can a team be too deep? I'd also look to see if BUF would add a guy like Gragnani to the trade. I have no idea what the asking price would end up being though...Might be someone like Read + pick(s)?
Yep, I went with variations on who is available at the moment, especially as we don't know for how long JvR will be out. With a healthy JvR, I'd go with:

Hartnell – Giroux – Jagr
JvR – Schenn – Briere
Read – Couturier – Voracek
Talbot – Gaustad – Simmonds

Hartnell – Giroux – Voracek
JvR – Schenn – Briere
Read – Couturier – Simmonds
Talbot – Gaustad – Zolnierczyk/Rinaldo/Shelley

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I appreciate your opinion on Briere. However, he's been largely a weak link in the forward roster this season, and if moving Briere to wing creates an overall stronger line-up, I'd hope Laviolette does it.
There's a lot of things we hope to happen. There's also things that won't happen. Briere moving to the wing, on a full-time basis, won't happen. It's been tried, it's failed. Every time they moved Briere back to center, sometimes sparking his offense (which is why I say full-time).

But the point remains, the Flyers are willing to sacrifice defense from their center when Briere is on the ice. Probably why you've been seeing Talbot with him recently because he's the one who thinks about that kind of stuff (defense).

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Buffalo fans would add Gragnani for a bag of pucks.

Srsly... offer them a 4th rounder for him and they'd be ecstatic.
Fine with me That's a very solid up and coming 5-6 guy who may become a 3-4 in time.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:47 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
There's a lot of things we hope to happen. There's also things that won't happen. Briere moving to the wing, on a full-time basis, won't happen. It's been tried, it's failed. Every time they moved Briere back to center, sometimes sparking his offense (which is why I say full-time).

But the point remains, the Flyers are willing to sacrifice defense from their center when Briere is on the ice. Probably why you've been seeing Talbot with him recently because he's the one who thinks about that kind of stuff (defense).
Honestly, I think in the offseason it's probably time for Briere to go. Hopefully w/ the kids on summer break from school, etc. we can find a location for Danny to be moved to.

I really like Danny, but he's kind of a square peg and this team is a round hole at the moment. We have Schenn and Couturier ready to take over @ center and Danny doesn't play very well on the wing.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
achdumeingute

Gaustad is a good player. For extremely little, I'd take him.

But we need a defender.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:14 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Fine with me That's a very solid up and coming 5-6 guy who may become a 3-4 in time.

Gragnani?! No-****ing-way. What is it with people always wanting to add soft-ass players on this team? He's not that good, is Buffalo fans want to just throw him in there. I remember them *****ing about him being soft for awhile now. Somebody even made a thread about him being the "softest player in the nhl". No. Just like a no to Marc-Andre Bergeron, and Hal Gill.

NOOOOOO SOFT PLAYERS!!!!!! We are a minus of Hartnell, Simmonds, our 4th line, and an angry Coburn from being the Habs.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:54 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Gragnani?! No-****ing-way. What is it with people always wanting to add soft-ass players on this team? He's not that good, is Buffalo fans want to just throw him in there. I remember them *****ing about him being soft for awhile now. Somebody even made a thread about him being the "softest player in the nhl". No. Just like a no to Marc-Andre Bergeron, and Hal Gill.

NOOOOOO SOFT PLAYERS!!!!!! We are a minus of Hartnell, Simmonds, our 4th line, and an angry Coburn from being the Habs.
Yeah I'm not buying all that crap. Just angry impatient rabble on message boards, much like Matt Carle being awful, Scott Hartnell worth nothing anymore, Bryzgalov being worse than Leighton, and JvR already being a bust.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 05:41 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Yeah I'm not buying all that crap. Just angry impatient rabble on message boards, much like Matt Carle being awful, Scott Hartnell worth nothing anymore, Bryzgalov being worse than Leighton, and JvR already being a bust.
While impatient fans are not always the best persons to judge a players true value, I would stay far, far away from Gragnani based on what I've seen from him this year. Soft and out of position more often than not. If we want a cheap, not so good, bottom pairing dman from the Sabres I'd rather have Mike Weber. He at least brings some size. I'd rather we find someone better elsewhere though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote