HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky Is On Detroit's Radar

Old
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
TatarTangle

vCash: 500
Big Rig isn't going anywhere but if he does it won't be for Ales Hemsky. He's just the whipping boy for casual Red Wing fans.

Any combination of 1st + Ericsson + Tatar + High prospect can probably net you something more worthwhile than Hemsky. He's a fine player, don't get me wrong, but he is injury prone and a rental, not much value in that. It outweighs the fact that he's nearly a PPG player.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

But Hemsky's on the verge of being an 80 point winger!

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
Detroit would be stupid to give a 1st for a guy who will probably be injured when it counts. Hemsky is worth a 2nd and a project prospect at best.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
SephF
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
But Hemsky's on the verge of being an 80 point winger!
He could still put up an 80 point season, especially if he resigns in Detroit. Remember he's only 28 and was playing the best hockey of his career last season, on pace for around 80 points and was a +3 on the 30th place team in the NHL where everyone else was a minus. He was 3rd place in the NHL in even strength scoring per 60 minutes last season. He only played 47 games but still impressive considering what team he was playing on.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I pray Detroit gets their hands on him, it should really open up the ice for Pav. Detroit would probably offer something around Kindl + Emmerton, hopefully that is enough. Their would be so much skill on the ice, it would be crazy.

Also don't fool yourselves Detroit fans, he would be a ppg on the Wings.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

I'd be very happy with a return of Kindl +

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Helm + 2nd for Hemsky?

Ovechking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:22 PM
MessierII

Hemsky would get 80-90 points next year if they re signed him. He'd never get hurt again either because he'd be not on the Oilers.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:22 AM
TatarTangle

To be clear; nobody is doubting his potential to be a 80+ point player on the Red Wings. Rather there are too many variables (will he resign, will he get hurt, will he stay healthy) to give up what *most* Edmonton fans are asking.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
To be clear; nobody is doubting his potential to be a 80+ point player on the Red Wings. Rather there are too many variables (will he resign, will he get hurt, will he stay healthy) to give up what *most* Edmonton fans are asking.
I don't think most are asking for anything crazy, but we are also asking for what it seems like our GM would ask for.

If the best offer we get is like a 2nd round pick straight up or an average prospect, then I think they might take their chances he takes an injury discount and can stay healthy.

It's been known to happen. I've seen guys like Havlat, Gabby, etc. go on a great run of health after being injury prone, so anything can happen.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:35 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Pulkkinen and a second round pick conditional (first if he resigns) That is a fair offer. Good prospect plus a potential to turn the pick into a first round pick.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

For all the Edmonton fans saying Smith. I doubt the Wings would even make Kindl available for this, Smith isn't being made available for anybody not named Ryan or Parise, even on those two I have my doubts. The Wings don't have a ton of defensive prospects, what they have are a boatload of potential top 6 players. Smith is as close to untouchable as it gets.

Old
01-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
could see Detroit giving up something like: Emmerton and a 2nd/3rd
lol sure i could see fans of detroit wanting that Oilers say no way

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:11 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
i think the wings will lowball tambo and hemsky will end up going to a playoff contender in the east like winnipeg for a higher draft pick which theyre coveting right now rather than game-ready players who could muddle with their tank job. im sure tambo got lowballed enough last year.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:12 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGilbert2point0 View Post
I think probably something around Brendan Smith.
LOL.
No offense bud, but pro hockey analysts who watch the Oilers for a living are insinuating that the Oilers want Hemsky gone because he's sulking and playing lazy hockey, and they don't want their young starts getting any ideas that that stuff is acceptable.

So, lower your demand.
I'll give you a second and Joakim Andersson.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:42 AM
Nick Rash

Kindl
Jurco
1rst

Hemsky
Omark

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Jrtu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Part of the weekly chat with Lebrun.

Sergei (Madison, WI)

Sometimes, when someone asks you about a possible trade by Detroit, I hear you mention Hemsky and I want to know why? I don't see him fitting anywhere on the offense! He is not good enough to be in the top six, our checking line is great, so, where? Third line? Then who's the odd man out and why? The only player on the Wings I'm not thrilled about is Ericsson on defense, and that's where Sutter will hopefully come in.

Pierre LeBrun
(11:27 AM)

All I can tell you is that the Wings have scouted him closely. A Wings source confirmed to me he is on their radar. Doesn't mean they'll actually go through with it _ especially not if Edmonton asks for too much _ but Hemsky is of interest to Detroit

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-pierre-lebrun
How about Hemsky for Jurco and 2nd round pick?

Hemsky is great, but injury prone.
Jurco seems like a great prospect with unbelievable skills and there is also a second round pick thrown in to sweeten the pot.

What do you guys think?

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:59 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Kindl
Jurco
1rst

Hemsky
Omark
No thanks from a Wings perspective. Chances are if Omark fell all the way to the fourth round as an undersized skill hyped Swede that Hakan Andersson didn't like him very much. Could be wrong but this trade assumes the Wings are crazy about him. Those three assets are big time, means the add on to Hemsky who is a UFA would have to be MPS which I realize is a non-starter for Edmonton fans. But what is listed there is essentially three first round picks. One an NHL ready player who was drafted in the first round, the other is solidifying he never should have fallen out of the first last year and of course the first rounder itself. That is a huge package to offer, Omark isn't enough of a + to provide that balance.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:06 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
How about Hemsky for Jurco and 2nd round pick?

Hemsky is great, but injury prone.
Jurco seems like a great prospect with unbelievable skills and there is also a second round pick thrown in to sweeten the pot.

What do you guys think?
If Detroit was to offer Jurco and I would be pretty surprised, that would be it, no sweetener is needed at that point.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:10 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

He's a liability.

Even on an expiring contract.

To Detroit:

Hemsky and a 3rd

To Edmonton:

2nd

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Kindl
Jurco
1rst

Hemsky
Omark
Wow, the most I could see Holland offering for Hemsky is one of those pieces, but then you make it three of about the same value? Wow. Omark isn't going to make the deal either. Switch him for MPS and you might have the Wings thinking

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Alpha190

Wow some of the demands on these boards are really silly. Smith? Really? He's projected to be a top 3 defenseman. The Wings brass love him and he's our top prospect. That will never happened.

I don't think either Kindl will be traded, maybe, but due to the lack of defensemen leaving this summer in Lidstrom and Stuart. What we have an excessive amount of is forwards and we got loads of guys ready to play in the NHL playing in the AHL right now. Emmerton, Mursak, Abdelkader, Helm might be traded along with a midlevel prospect or pick.

Kindl + 3rd/mid level prospect might do it too if Oilers asks for a dman.

Alpha190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:31 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Wow, the most I could see Holland offering for Hemsky is one of those pieces, but then you make it three of about the same value? Wow. Omark isn't going to make the deal either. Switch him for MPS and you might have the Wings thinking
Said the same thing Banks, and to be honest even though Oilers fans are gaga over MPS. I am not sure if when the Wings are done thinking they still pass. All reports are the Wings are elated with Jurco, he is even better than they thought, it would depend on just what kind of review Hakan Andersson returned on MPS, because he isn't helping his value much this year.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha190 View Post
Wow some of the demands on these boards are really silly. Smith? Really? He's projected to be a top 3 defenseman. The Wings brass love him and he's our top prospect. That will never happened.

I don't think either Kindl will be traded, maybe, but due to the lack of defensemen leaving this summer in Lidstrom and Stuart. What we have an excessive amount of is forwards and we got loads of guys ready to play in the NHL playing in the AHL right now. Emmerton, Mursak, Abdelkader, Helm might be traded along with a midlevel prospect or pick.

Kindl + 3rd/mid level prospect might do it too if Oilers asks for a dman.
Kindl might be available only because they seem to be benching him this season. I don't think his play has earned that, but maybe I am missing something. Commodore full time makes me a little sick to my stomach, so they better have something lined up or promote Smith the next day.

I actually think his availability revolves around how close they are to Dekeyser coming this off-season. Nill's kid played lower-level hockey with him and they are still family friends according to most reports. If they know he is signing come the end of his season, then the Wings have another asset (He would slide into our top ten immediately if we are to believe scouting reports, probably between 7-10) to think about when they are dealing over the next month. It means Sproul and Kindl could be made available. Would hate to see Kindl go though.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:59 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
we all know that wings have targeted hemsky since the oilers have bounced them in 06, just like they targeted babcock after the ducks bounced them that year.

this is why.

that being said, the wings are an inter-conference foe which will up the value, as well as other teams being interested as well which might create a bidding war.

these two factors mixed with the fact that the wings want to win now and don't need a draft pick, will make their bid higher than the perceived value of hemsky.

Last edited by t0psh3lfclu7ch: 01-19-2012 at 04:18 AM.
t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote