HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

habs lose 3-0

Old
01-19-2012, 05:24 AM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
I've tried not to give up at the possibility of making the playoffs this year, but this loss is the loss that ended all hope. Not just the fact they loss, but the fact they didn't manage to score one goal on 8 minutes pp in the third. 8 minutes to regain the slightest pride, but nope...

I'll never wish my team to lose, no matter how bad they are. Yet, it's definitely time to stop thinking about the 2012 playoffs.

Twitter going crazy about the "habs are officially sellers" and "firesale coming". I think the habs will start a collection of draft picks till the trade deadline. 46,14,22,68,11,21,75,17,52 are made available (rumors)

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:03 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
bourque hit a post
just like Cammalleri did all season

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
oleHABSole*

Canadiens.com ''How many goals do you think Rene Bourque will score with the Habs in the 2nd half of the season?'' I voted 0-5.

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Simple enough, you can't score you can't win. People can be positive all they want but it is time to face reality and do a proper rebuild with the proper management in place.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:37 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Putting Eller in tough situations and reminding him when he failed is a good thing imo. It will make him stronger in the end, you're criticizing Randy every night for whatever reason. Your agenda is apparent.

You abandon your possession stats when it's convenient. 16-31 were the shots on goal. The habs deserved a better outcome. **** happens right, or does it only happen under JM. The team played good last night considering they were down 2 goals after 4 shots. A little bit deflating for any team, but the Habs responded well. Outshot them 2-1.
The problem is I'm not sure he even realise why he's failling since he doesn't seem to grasp matchups that much. Maybe he just thinks he's not playing the right way and needs to be punished for it but if he's not ready to handle it, he's not and trying it all over again won't change that. Like I said I hope not to seeEller matched up agaisnt Malkin next game.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:46 AM
ClasslessGuy

where can we follow our chance % to make the playoff?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
shaky start for price but he started to play well

our PP is SO bad
price had the same work as halak did when he was in town last week, only difference halak stopped all the shots, please don't tell me halak wasn't under pressure being back in montreal. Halak is more mentally tough than price is, why can't people see that !!!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:00 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
To the "Fire JM" people who said Habs would have been just as bad: Please tell me what Habs' record was this season under JM and what their record is under RC. And don't tell me the first several games under RC don't count due to adjustments because THEY DO count -- it is a reality when you fire a coach in the middle of the season.

Please provide some serious argument because I only saw vapor backing up your point.
You don't seem to get it, do you? This team sucked with Martin as well. I would have had no issue if Martin was retained until the end of the year and fired or if he was fired when he was. Made no difference to me as when he was fired the season was already over.

The team needs to be completely gutted so having Martin would put this on hold. Having PG is putting this thing on hold.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:26 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Putting Eller in tough situations and reminding him when he failed is a good thing imo. It will make him stronger in the end, you're criticizing Randy every night for whatever reason. Your agenda is apparent.
Do you actually believe this or are you just making excuses for Randy? Throwing a kid into the fire and acting shocked, SHOCKED when he flounders is good for him? If Martin had done this you'd have roasted him.

Quote:
You abandon your possession stats when it's convenient. 16-31 were the shots on goal. The habs deserved a better outcome.
To a point (the Habs only started to dominate with the score 3-0, score effects would take effect, teams that are well ahead are supposed to get outshot especially if they played the night before), but that does not excuse Eller's benching any more than the 4-1 win over the Rangers did.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:27 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
The problem is I'm not sure he even realise why he's failling since he doesn't seem to grasp matchups that much.
Frustratingly, Randy was hard-matching Eller with Ovie until he decided to bench #81. This was a conscious decision.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I thought Gomez player great. That said, some of Cunneyworth's decisions are really bugging me. Let Eller develop for Christ's sake... I was in favor of the Kaberle deal at first, and I still don't think he's that bad (I take him over Campoli any day of the week) but he really is constantly cheating in the defensive zone, making quick plays in order to avoid a hit, placing himself behind opponents instead of separating them from the puck, etc.

In the offensive zone, I still think he's good. He's no Markov though.

And yes, his contract blows.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
price had the same work as halak did when he was in town last week, only difference halak stopped all the shots, please don't tell me halak wasn't under pressure being back in montreal. Halak is more mentally tough than price is, why can't people see that !!!
Yeah where was that mental toughness last year when StL blueline went to **** and he was knocking goals into his own net and giving up 7 goals a game and at the start of this year? Oh that's right having a ******/depleted defense has nothing to do with mental toughness. If he wasnt mentally tough enough he would have requested a trade long ago but that fact seems to elude some people.

Quote:

You abandon your possession stats when it's convenient. 16-31 were the shots on goal. The habs deserved a better outcome. **** happens right, or does it only happen under JM. The team played good last night considering they were down 2 goals after 4 shots. A little bit deflating for any team, but the Habs responded well. Outshot them 2-1.
And they still didnt score a goal. At what point does outshooting a team become meaningless when you dont score a goal. Id also like to point out mtl usually gets alot of shots in the third because they are always behind and skews the stats a bit. Not to mention they had 6 full minutes of PP time in the third on which they gave up the best opportunities. Blame price for the 2-0 goal for sure but playing good is pointless if they cant put the puck in the net.

As far as eller goes yeah giving him the tough assignments will be good for him especially since this year will go down as a development year for him, but if you are going to give it to him you have to give him some rope and tell him what he did wrong and then put him back out IMO not bench him. It seems funny that all this benching came after gomez comes back.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Joe Cole

My stinkers of the night, Kaberlae and Weber.... oh my god Weber.

Weber, hopeless in his own end, slows down when carrying the puck in the neutral zone, handles the puck like a bomb on the offensive blueline and never seems to find a lane to shoot in.

Please develop him in practice, or Hamilton...

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:00 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on Andy. Who in the media really want Subban out. I might have heard 1 guy suggesting it on RDS. The others might blame him from a thing or 2 but to a point to ship him out?
Bergeron non stop on l'antichambre. Please don't deny this. Oh yeah i forgot about Villeneuve said it on his show last week, and i also heard Gagnon mention it before.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Bergeron non stop on l'antichambre. Please don't deny this.
You really think the Montreal Canadiens would take seriously something said by Michel Bergeron

He wanted Kostitsyn traded for so many years and last week he said he would give him 4 million extension

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
PricePkPatch

Kaberle needa to be better paired in his own zone..

Otherwise, his contribution on the power play has been solid. He really works his ass off to help us keep the zone, and knows when the pinch in.

The reason we ain't scoring on the PP, I believe, is a bad game plan. That, and a freakish bad shooting accuracy from EVERY****INGBODY.

PK really worked his ass of at the end, he's had a good game overall. So did Gomez. Kaberle is a bit of liability, but he's paired with Weber.. So am not expecting much of them.

Why I have the feeling RC got outcoached in his own freaking ice?!?

I hated the firing of JM then, I still hate it.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:17 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterikku View Post
I can't be anything less than Patrick Roy. If Molson really wants to gain instant karma after the season, he needs to put a big name to replace Gauthier. In fact, I would even fire Gauthier right now. Pierre McGuire? Really?

Gauthier ultimately failed us as a GM and we need to rethink our strategy. I don't want to tank so we'll have to change the mentality. We can build a great team with what we have, in fact, I am pretty sure that this exact same team under a open minded offensive strategy would fare better.
At least be informed before saying this crap. Roy said during his interview about the Habs that he would not be a GM but a coach only.

And McGuire is a solid choice and all you french lovers will be happy, he actually speaks the language.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
At least be informed before saying this crap. Roy said during his interview about the Habs that he would not be a GM but a coach only.

And McGuire is a solid choice and all you french lovers will be happy, he actually speaks the language.
Unfortunately some people only see the TV and Radio person McGuire is and don't see that the guy actually know's his stuff.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

How the **** is McGwire a solid choice?

I have watched him on TV for 10 years and he is the opposite of what I want as a GM, when a guy is playing well he annoints him as a god, when he isn't all you hear about is a lack of committment and bailing out and whatever. I don't want a bi polar GM that makes moves on emotions. Plus most of his "info" taht people think he is smart comes from friends who are scouts, do you honestly think that Joe who works for Detroit will tell Pierre who to draft and not to draft when he is working for another NHL team?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How the **** is McGwire a solid choice?

I have watched him on TV for 10 years and he is the opposite of what I want as a GM, when a guy is playing well he annoints him as a god, when he isn't all you hear about is a lack of committment and bailing out and whatever. I don't want a bi polar GM that makes moves on emotions. Plus most of his "info" taht people think he is smart comes from friends who are scouts, do you honestly think that Joe who works for Detroit will tell Pierre who to draft and not to draft when he is working for another NHL team?
That's his job as an NHL analyst and what he is paid to do for people watching. I wish some people would see that. Him being a GM wouldn't be the same guy you listen to on TV or radio, seriously

Old
01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
tritone

This team is about as bi-polar as its fans.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Hugo Sham

is that molson behind cunneyworth?

https://twitter.com/#!/Starr690/stat...619072/photo/1

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Even though some of you think Gomez had a great game...

12 mins of PP time...

Has no goals in almost 1 full year...

Just saying...

No wonder why Habs don't score on the PP... They put Plek with Gomez and AK, Gomez has to GTFO PP units. He's consistently FAILING TO SCORE and fails to make his teammates better (good playmakers actually make their teammates score goals).

I really believe RC is tanking on purpose. keep putting Gomez on the PP, genius.

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You really think the Montreal Canadiens would take seriously something said by Michel Bergeron

He wanted Kostitsyn traded for so many years and last week he said he would give him 4 million extension
That has nothing to do with what i wrote. Andy said no one in the media said they should trade Subban, so i just wrote who did.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's his job as an NHL analyst and what he is paid to do for people watching. I wish some people would see that. Him being a GM wouldn't be the same guy you listen to on TV or radio, seriously
He would need to be the complete opposite for it to work. I don't like the odds of that.