HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Couturier

Old
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
After watching this group of young forwards there is ZERO chance I move Simmonds, Couts, or Voracek...these guys are going to be great for this team for a long time.

I'd have to be overwhelmed to deal Schenn as well.
Speaking of Schenn/Couturier, what is Laviolette waiting for to switch them centering 3rd and 4th line?
Couturier's complete game outshines Schenn's by 50% so far and he is just 19.....

In my mind, Lavy should have Couturier centering 3rd line this year and put Briere on Couturier's wing next season.

The jury is still out on Schenn and count me as not convinced.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Speaking of Schenn/Couturier, what is Laviolette waiting for to switch them centering 3rd and 4th line?
Couturier's complete game outshines Schenn's by 50% so far and he is just 19.....

In my mind, Lavy should have Couturier centering 3rd line this year and put Briere on Couturier's wing next season.

The jury is still out on Schenn and count me as not convinced.

It's better for the team to have Couturier on the 4th line because his defensive play single-handedly prevents Rinaldo/Shelley/Zolnierczyk from being staggeringly minus players. Without him, that bottom line would be a total liability.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
It's better for the team to have Couturier on the 4th line because his defensive play single-handedly prevents Rinaldo/Shelley/Zolnierczyk from being staggeringly minus players. Without him, that bottom line would be a total liability.
Lack if depth?

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
This is why I would be fine with a healthy Betts coming in on the 4th line eventually

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I agree he will be good, and has great offensive instincts, but I think Marchand was a bit better at the same age. You have him coming into the NHL at age 20-21. That either A) forgoes his O/A year to play NHL, or B) plays an O/A in the OHL then straight to NHL, or AHL in his O/A year then NHL year after. I can't see that happening, not with Cousins. A 2-3 year projection out of the draft would be an absolute best case scenerio for him, and it isnt from a lack of ability, but some of the best drafted players, the best, take that long. While it's entirely possible, I just can't see it happening. It is a wait and see none the less, no sense arguing that.

Why exactly is that, if we see him play multiple times a year? I guess you don't offer your opinion on other players around the NHL aside from the Flyers then eh?
The OHL opinion on Cousins is very negative. He's hated league wide by many and has made an enemy of a Flyers fan on this board who says she never wants to see him in the NHL. When Cousins is discussed by non-soo fans, the negativity is very high. Personal biases could get in the way.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
The OHL opinion on Cousins is very negative. He's hated league wide by many and has made an enemy of a Flyers fan on this board who says she never wants to see him in the NHL. When Cousins is discussed by non-soo fans, the negativity is very high. Personal biases could get in the way.
Again, so you don't judge other teams? Any opinions on Crosby, Gaborik, Parise?

Cousins has done nothing to the OHL team I cheer for except score a few goals. I can offer an unbiased opinion on any player in the OHL except for Michael Liambas when he played and thats because he almost killed a player 30 feet infront of my eyes. Literally.

Even Soo fans will offer a similar opinion that if he can screw his head on straight and keep it that way, he is a very effective player.

And btw, Soo fans wont also offer a biased opinion based on your theory? A hometown Bias?

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post

Yeah...I couldn't care less. If Cousins can fight it would be awesome to have a troll like that on the Flyers.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM
BillDineen

I like others would like to see Couturier move up in the lineup, but why not at least some PP time? He has arguably been the Flyers best forward on both sides of the ice the past 10 games. At the very least, he should take Schenn's point position on the second unit IMO.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote