HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXIV

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=612462

4 Player Trade with the Panthers and Hurricanes.

Quote:
The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired forward Evgenii Dadonov from the Florida Panthers in a four-player trade announced Wednesday.

Along with Dadonov, the Hurricanes get forward AJ Jenks while sending the Panthers forwards Jonathan Matsumoto and Mattias Lindstrom.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=612483

Blues re-sign goalie Elliot. 2 years, $3.6 million.

Quote:
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Brian Elliott, the St. Louis Blues' lone All-Star, signed a two-year contract extension rather than capitalize on his breakout season and test the free agent market.

The goalie likes the makeup of this team that has surged under coach Ken Hitchcock and is among the NHL's best.

"I think we have a pretty good thing going right now," Elliott said Wednesday night. "I've been on the other side of it, and I'm not a guy that will want to roll the dice all the time.

"I just like to have it done and not worry about it, so I can just play hockey."

Old
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
That is about the nicest possible way you can put it.

For the first time ever, maybe people start looking at whether or not Ruff is the guy that will take the Sabres forward.
He certainly got my interest and suspicion.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Just like that, Washington is in 3rd place and will go on to win their division. Again.

Florida is in 8th place in what will be a dogfight for positioning all season.

Rangers are one of 3 teams (Bruins, Blues) to have not allowed 100 goals this season.

Adjust for tack-on shootout loss goals, and we actually have allowed only 87 goals, tied with the Bruins with one more GP.

Blues adjusted are at 89, since they are only 1-5 in the shootout.

01-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Our guys are such characters, such funny guys. In order from first to last tweet.

BrandonPrust8 Had to make sure u n @DerekStepan21 were worthy rt "@RMcDonagh27: Finally got the invite from @BrandonPrust8 to do dinner downtown tonight"

DerekStepan21 @MGaborik10 @BrandonPrust8 @RMcDonagh27 dinner with the fellas tonight #toughguydinner

BrandonPrust8 Order of toughness at dinner.. @DerekStepan21 @RMcDonagh27 @BrandonPrust8 and last place @MGaborik10 .. We'll bully him into buying

MGaborik10 @BrandonPrust8 @RMcDonagh27.. Anything for my boys. Especially my centerman @DerekStepan21,so he can pass tomorrow #eatsomecarrotsderek

If this twittersation (I just made that up) doesn't make you laugh, especially the bolded parts, then I don't know what else will.

lol that was great, the hash tag at the end was gold

Old
01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Just like that, Washington is in 3rd place and will go on to win their division. Again.

Florida is in 8th place in what will be a dogfight for positioning all season.
Good, my nightmare scenario is the Rangers getting a high seed but drawing Washington as the 6-8 seed, I'm so sick of seeing them in the playoffs

Old
01-19-2012, 09:21 AM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Good, my nightmare scenario is the Rangers getting a high seed but drawing Washington as the 6-8 seed, I'm so sick of seeing them in the playoffs
Yeah I agree with you. I would rather have Washington in one of the later rounds. It would be nice to have a first round match up that would be a bit easier.

01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Last week Washington was the 8 seed one day, and Pittsburgh the next.

Clearly do not want either of them in round 1.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play Florida in a best of 7.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Last week Washington was the 8 seed one day, and Pittsburgh the next.

Clearly do not want either of them in round 1.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play Florida in a best of 7.
I might be the only one who wants to play Washington 1st round this year...

Old
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
yes....yes you are.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I do not want to see Washington again. We've seen them enough of them. Florida, Ottawa, Toronto, or New Jersey would be my choices on who I'd like to play in round 1. I wouldn't even mind Philly with our success against them this season, but they are better than any of those teams mentioned before.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Jagr wants to re-sign on a 1 year deal with Philly.

https://twitter.com/#!/tpanotchCSN/s...52616406114305

Quote:
@tpanotchCSN
Tim Panaccio
Jagr m ore definitive today. says he wants to re-sign a 1-yr deal with flyers but doesnt want talks till after season

Old
01-19-2012, 12:16 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Buffalo is a mess.
Big time. They were treading water before the Lucic/Miller incident but since then they've gone off the deep end...chemistry is a fickle thing, they went into a tailspin since then.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i remember some people...namely me, getting absolutely shredded by this board for thinking the Sabres would flop colossally.

Buffalo Sabres this year = New York Rangers prior to the lockout. They tried to spend their way into a championship by overpaying for guys who are made by the teams they played on rather than who they are....coupled with injuries = miserable season. exactly like the Rangers of yesteryear.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i remember some people...namely me, getting absolutely shredded by this board for thinking the Sabres would flop colossally.

Buffalo Sabres this year = New York Rangers prior to the lockout. They tried to spend their way into a championship by overpaying for guys who are made by the teams they played on rather than who they are....coupled with injuries = miserable season. exactly like the Rangers of yesteryear.
Admittedly, I was one of the people who had them winning their division over the Bruins and finishing up no worse than a 3 seed behind the Pens and Caps. Oh well, guess it's a good thing they play the games!

Old
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

I was indifferent on Buffalo. I saw a team that would finish anywhere from 3-8, but I thought they were a playoff team. I also said the Rangers would be better than them, which was ridiculed on the main board because the Rangers aren't that good. Looks like a lot of people were wrong.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

I definitely didn't shred you...but when they got their new owner I was concerned that they would become a team to reckon with. I felt Buffalo and Washington would both improve greatly in the next couple of years based on ownership (Buf) and draft picks (Was).

Old
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
OverTheCap

I didn't think the Sabres were going to amount to much this year.

Leino is really a bottom 6 forward who was a good fit with Hartnell and Briere in Philly. Ehrhoff is a decent defenseman but benefited from playing on stacked San Jose and Vancouver teams. Regehr is past his prime. The additions they made over the summer weren't going to help them all that much.

Ryan Miller had one great season and the rest were mediocre. This season he flat out sucks. Lots of players aren't progressing as expected... Myers, Stafford, etc. I'm not sure if Ruff is the right coach for that team anymore.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Levitate

I don't think the Sabres are the equivalent of pre-lockout Rangers...they do have a lot of players on their team that they drafted and developed.

They did overpay for Leino and that's biting them in the ass. Erhoff has a decent caphit, but they still expected too much out of him . Regher has been good, can't find fault there.

It's really that overall the core of their team just isn't good enough, and some mediocre free agent signings don't fix the problems, just exacerbate them.

All that said, they SHOULD be better than they are this year, but it's like that team has no heart, which I think falls squarely on its core players like Roy

Old
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:

I really thought that we'd see a 4/5 matchup Sabres/Rangers (in that order) this season prior to the start. I'm not ready to count Buffalo out yet though. They may seem dead in the water now but last season they got off to a slow start (albeit not this bad) and still climbed into a higher seed than NYR.

I don't think they're done yet. Mostly because they don't have many good trading pieces to sell, management is dedicated to Lindy, and Pegula seems dedicated to Darcy. Lind Ruff is an exquisite hockey mind.

Old
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I was indifferent on Buffalo. I saw a team that would finish anywhere from 3-8, but I thought they were a playoff team. I also said the Rangers would be better than them, which was ridiculed on the main board because the Rangers aren't that good. Looks like a lot of people were wrong.

Same. Thought they were definitely a playoff team but didnt hype them as much as some others did.

Old
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Regher has been good, can't find fault there.
No one like Regher more than I do but I think even he would tell you he hasn't been very good this year.

Last edited by bobbop: 01-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

What a horrible ****ing call on Boyle. Michalek tried to low bridge him.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
It's still hard for me to believe that Dylan Reese is an NHL defenseman.

It's just pain.
Old
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Vitto79

so Buffalo is gonna do something drastic soon , they keep losing with that high payroll...........just trade Roy, Hecht, guys that have been there forever, shake it up

Old
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Nostaalgic

smh at the penguins getting 2 top plays on Sportscenter against the Rangers

Closed Thread