HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Vrbata has been an assured 20 goals consistently on a Phoenix team that isn't a big goal producer. That's why you won't see Vrbata go anywhere.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
Two things I want to talk about.
1 - What is Dean waiting for?
2 - How come there's no LOVE to get Vbrata? Just curious.
Who?

Old
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Dallas just signed Ryder to reunite with Ribiero and he is playing well.

Dominic Moore? He gets around more than my high school girlfriend, 5 teams in like 4 seasons. He is a center, something we have a ton of....We have one line that is all centers and another line that has 2 centers on it....

Kopitar, Richards, Stoll, Loki, Richardson, Lewis and Fraser.
There are rumors of Ribiero being dealt at the deadline. Dealing Forbort would be a steep price but I'd be willing to do it.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Buffalo is imploding. With a record of 2-6-2 in the standings and slowly losing ground of a playoff spot, 7 points out and only 3 points ahead of last place, I am thinking that Darcy Regier will look to make some moves to shake up the foundation of a struggling team. He seems to be very loyal to Lindy Ruff so I can't imagine him being let go at this point.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
johnjm22

Maybe Lindy Ruff's time has FINALLY come. If I was the GM i'd go that route first before making a major roster move.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Their owner isn't the type to just sit by, and after the money he added to the payroll in the offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't axe Regier and Ruff.

Old
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
There are rumors of Ribiero being dealt at the deadline. Dealing Forbort would be a steep price but I'd be willing to do it.
He's a pretty slick and talented player, but I really hate that guy.

It's been a few years now, but I've got this image of him stuck in my head from when he played in Montreal. Faking an injury by flopping around on the ice like a fish plucked out of the water and thrown onto the docks.

It was just so pathetic...

Old
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't think Roy, Stafford or Gaustad make it to this offseason as Buffalo Sabres.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Their owner isn't the type to just sit by, and after the money he added to the payroll in the offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't axe Regier and Ruff.
In my opinion, that's where the problem started. Guy's who have been there for years seeing the contracts they handed out to Erhoff and Leino couldn't be too happy about that.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
In my opinion, that's where the problem started. Guy's who have been there for years seeing the contracts they handed out to Erhoff and Leino couldn't be too happy about that.
then watching Ehrhoff and Lieno take massive ***** all over the ice night in and night out.

I am telling you...for all the guys complaining about Roy...and Stafford...and Gaustad.

Those guys were great last year. The 3 worst players in the Sabres this year...Regher, Ehrhoff, Lieno.

How does this team go from playoffs to terrible in 6 months when almost none of their core changed from this year to last year? Yea injuries are hard...but seriously....it doesn't make sense. Something isn't right with that team..

Old
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I could see Regier trying to get back in the playoffs by packaging off several D for a forward, they have some good guys and depth on the backend

Old
01-19-2012, 01:41 AM
johnjm22

Adam Henrique is a player the Kings should be inquiring about.

He's quitely putting together an excellent rookie campaign. Currently on pace for nearly 70 points in his first season.

He's quick, can finish, plays a two game, and can be utilized at center or wing.

If the Devils are looking for young defense and goaltending we make good trading partners.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:14 AM
guderian

Adam Henrique?

Why would Devils trade away their 1st line center whit huge upside and time on his side??

Old
01-19-2012, 05:41 AM
stonedhenge

Adam Henrique? He is good, but you forgot to mention he has Kovalchuk and Parise on his wings. But that's how you should develop young talent and hope Kings start using the same way. Problem is, there is hardly any forward talent in Kings organization (maybe Toffoli), who is talented enough to play with Kopitar or Richards.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
SFKingshomer

Henrique isnt going anywhere. The Sabres new additions have been awful with the exception of Regehr. They need to make a major shake up.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:10 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
Two things I want to talk about.
1 - What is Dean waiting for?
2 - How come there's no LOVE to get Vbrata? Just curious.
1- We are 9-1-6 in our last 16 games. Why would he do anything right now?
2- Vrbata is golden in Phoenix and is having acareer best year there, signed for two more years. Why would they tarde him?

Quote:
A name that never gets tossed around, probably because Dallas is still in the thick of it, but who'd be a great fit here in LA is Ryder.

Forbort for Ryder?
Pass. To steep for my liking and I doubt Dallas does it anyways.

Quote:
No for many reasons, the biggest being Primakov!'s explanation below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
He's a pretty slick and talented player, but I really hate that guy.

It's been a few years now, but I've got this image of him stuck in my head from when he played in Montreal. Faking an injury by flopping around on the ice like a fish plucked out of the water and thrown onto the docks.

It was just so pathetic...
It was. Then he goes back to the bench and laughs at the Bruins about it. Ias dispicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I don't think Roy, Stafford or Gaustad make it to this offseason as Buffalo Sabres.
Give me the last two, or even one of Stafford or Gaustad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

He's quitely putting together an excellent rookie campaign. Currently on pace for nearly 70 points in his first season.

He's quick, can finish, plays a two game, and can be utilized at center or wing.
Why in the world do you think NJ would even consider trading Henrique? 70 point rookie, who trades those? And they want to convince Parise to stay, so they trade his centre away?

Old
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
then watching Ehrhoff and Lieno take massive ***** all over the ice night in and night out.

I am telling you...for all the guys complaining about Roy...and Stafford...and Gaustad.

Those guys were great last year. The 3 worst players in the Sabres this year...Regher, Ehrhoff, Lieno.

How does this team go from playoffs to terrible in 6 months when almost none of their core changed from this year to last year? Yea injuries are hard...but seriously....it doesn't make sense. Something isn't right with that team..
I'd add Ryan Miller to that list as well. His numbers are horrendous this year-I have him on 2 fantasy teams and he's been a human anchor.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'd add Ryan Miller to that list as well. His numbers are horrendous this year-I have him on 2 fantasy teams and he's been a human anchor.
Wasn't really following him before the concussion, was he that bad early in the year as well or did his issues start with the concussion? Cause yeah he's been horrible lately, but I can't see a team that takes his contract on in a trade that the Sabres would do...

Old
01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Kingler

How about Andrei Kostitsyn?

Montreal is struggling. Kostitsyn will be UFA. If they can't re-sign him i bet they will have to trade him.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Wasn't really following him before the concussion, was he that bad early in the year as well or did his issues start with the concussion? Cause yeah he's been horrible lately, but I can't see a team that takes his contract on in a trade that the Sabres would do...
He was really good in the second game of the year.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Who?
He is a hockey player who plays on the Phoenix Coyotes.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:35 AM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Wow, I've seen some pipe dreams on here before, but this is ludicrous. The guy is going to win Rookie of the Year and is going to be their franchise player for years to come.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
johnjm22

in·quire [in-kwahyuhr] verb, -quired, -quir·ing.
1. to seek information by questioning; ask: to inquire about a person.

^Since some of you don't seem to understand.

-

We have some assets that would be very enticing for NJ; I'm not saying I would expect to be able to get Henrique, but considering NJ's needs on the back end, and how much young D and goaltending we have, we should at least be inquiring.

Swing for the fences Dean.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I know we want to see Lombardi make a big splash and really swing for the fences, but trades like that are very rare and he can't sit around for such a trade to fall in his lap or waste his time pursuing moves that aren't there.

Over the past few years, the Kings have made the following deadline moves:
2-28-2011: Acquired Dustin Penner from Edmonton for Colten Teubert, 2011 first round pick (#19- Oscar Klefbom), 2012 conditional pick (second round if Kings win 2011 Stanley Cup, else third round)

3-3-2010: Acquired Freddy Modin from Columbus for 2010 conditional seventh round pick (if Kings win 2010 Stanley Cup) (not exercised)

3-3-2010: Acquired Jeff Halpern from Tampa Bay for Teddy Purcell, 2010 third round pick (#63-Brock Beukeboom)

3-4-2009: Acquired Justin Williams from Carolina for Patrick O'Sullivan, 2009 second round pick (#51-Brian Dumoulin)

How many big trades have we seen over the past few years around the trade deadline?

2011 Trade Deadline Moves:
Jason Arnott for David Steckel and a 2nd
Chris Higgins for Evan Oberg and a 3rd
Dennis Wideman for Jake Hauswirth and a 3rd
Brad Boyes for a 2nd
Bryan McCabe for Tim Kennedy and a 3rd
Alex Kovalev for a conditional pick
Kevin Shattenkirk, Chris Stewart and a 2nd for Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a 1st
Eric Brewer for a 3rd and Brock Beukeboom
Ian White for a 2nd
Tomas Kaberle for a 1st, a 2nd and Joe Colborne
Kris Versteeg for a 1st and a 3rd
Mike Fisher for a 1st and a conditional pick
Francois Beauchemin for Joffrey Lupul and Jake Gardiner

2010 Trade Deadline Moves:
Ilya Kovalchuk and Anssi Salmela for Johnny Oduya, Nicklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and a 1st
Olli Jokinen and Brandon Prust for Ales Kotalik and Chris Higgins
Dion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom and Keith Aulie for Matt Stajan, Ian White, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers
Jean-Sebastien Giguere for Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake
Lubomir Visnovsky for Ryan Whitney and a 6th
Joe Corvo for Oskar Osala, Brian Pothier and a 2nd
Lee Stempniak for Matt Jones, a 4th and a 7th
Clarke MacArthur for a 3rd and a 4th
Raffi Torres for Nathan Paetsch and a 2nd
Eric Belanger for a 2nd
Wojtek Wolski for Peter Mueller and Kevin Porter
Dennis Seidenberg and Matt Bartkowski for Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2nd
Derek Morris for a conditional pick
Alexei Ponikarovsky for Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula
Andy Sutton for a 2nd
Denis Grebeshkov for a 2nd
Jordan Leopold for a 2nd
Cam Barker for Nick Leddy and Kim Johnsson
Matt Cullen for Alex Picard and a 2nd
Dominic Moore for a 2nd
Niclas Wallin and a 5th for a 2nd
Ville Leino for Ole-Kristian Tollefson and a 5th

Very few significant trades have taken place in the past two trade deadlines, the biggest moves being the Kovalchuk trade and the Phaneuf trade. The Devils have not made their intentions clear with what they plan to do with Parise other than to attempt to re-sign him. Calgary has come out and said they are not trading Jarome Iginla. There are a few struggling teams in the East with Carolina publicly announcing they are sellers and there is the possibility that Tampa Bay and Buffalo will look to make some major moves. If Lombardi is going to swing for the fences, I want to see him go after Martin St. Louis.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:18 PM
verbalkint47

Florida waived Michal Repik. Hopefully Dean puts in a claim, definitely has some skill and is dirt cheap. Might look good on Richards RW.

Closed Thread