HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Maxwell Scored For The Ice Caps Tonight (formerly the BELIEVE thread)

Old
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Fact: 8 points out of a playoff spot with 37 games remaining.

8 points to make up in 37 games.

Hello.
3 teams in front of us that will push as hard as us to make the playoffs while NJ Was Pens and Florida will do everything to consolidate their playoffs spot.. Fact, we will need 92-93 pts to make the playoffs this year.. we have 42 pts in 45 games played, we need 52 pts in the next 37 games.. so we have to play a bit over .700.. good luck..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:56 PM
oleHABSole*

When the hell is Markov coming back! this would be the perfect time to get our 12% PP up to 20% and make the playoffs, I believe we can still do it without him, ffs we just spanked the Rangers and we're the only team to beat the Bruins twice this year, also the 2 loses to the Bruins were 1 goal games.

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
As I said in the other thread, we can still make the playoffs. The teams we're chasing aren't that good.
totally agree. Not only do i think Ott/Fla have nothing to do with PO's, Buff is showing great signs of weak team, Tor will start losing more and more games as teams will be playing better defensive hockey, something Tor is incapable of doing. Wpg is in Otta/Fla Territory.

If i'm going to be super optimistic, i would have to say Mtl will be fighting for PO spot with NJ, Buf and Fla.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Dekar

After the series of disappointments we've had throughout the first half season, I really just want to see some entertaining hockey with more highs than lows. The Rangers game was one such example.

The playoffs are always the goal for the organisations, but this the entertainment business to the fans.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:32 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
totally agree. Not only do i think Ott/Fla have nothing to do with PO's, Buff is showing great signs of weak team, Tor will start losing more and more games as teams will be playing better defensive hockey, something Tor is incapable of doing. Wpg is in Otta/Fla Territory.

If i'm going to be super optimistic, i would have to say Mtl will be fighting for PO spot with NJ, Buf and Fla.
Even Toronto could miss the PO. I do agree plenty of teams ahead of us seem to be playing over their heads this year and it's biting them in the ass. We could probably make it into 8th and who knows what injuries other teams might sustain For the record I'm not wishing injury, just stating a fact.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:58 PM
NBP81

Time for the Tebow avys!

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Game tonight against Washington...

(Bourque, Plekanec and Subban)

(Ovechkin and Johansson)

OT Winner: Bourque

GHG!

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:45 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
i never lost faith, there is no way a team this talented cannot make the playoffs

we must win the next 3 games!

! GO HABS !

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Even Toronto could miss the PO. I do agree plenty of teams ahead of us seem to be playing over their heads this year and it's biting them in the ass. We could probably make it into 8th and who knows what injuries other teams might sustain For the record I'm not wishing injury, just stating a fact.
I think TO is already out of a PO spot now aren't they?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:01 AM
BoNeS42

I think a new avatar theme would be nice, the one we have atm is funny but... considering we're struggling it kinda looks dumb imo

Go Habs Go, keep on believing boys

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:09 AM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post

This. Although I think NJ and OTT hold on to their spots while Buf, Tor, Wpg, Fla will slowly drop out..

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:14 AM
yianik

Im positive because I think we have alot of good players and as long as we dont do anything stupid we could have a good team in the near future.There is alot of Price isnt so good, PK sucks this year and so on, but I think its overeacting. Price is a good goaliem maybe great, sign him long term.So we are then set in nets, though we do need to replenish the goalie prospect pool. On the D a big problem has been Markov being out and us fans not having a clue about his return. Sign Emelin long term and we have a core, next year, of Markov, Gorges, PK and Emelin. To me thats a good top 4, though I know Emelin will make the occasional big giveaway.Diaz in the top 6, Weber in the top 7. Missing is a top 6 big, physical D-man for the bottom pairing who is alright defensively. Kaberle doesnt fit as I see it and if Markov is back we dont need him. Anyway, I think the D isnt looking bad at all. On the forwars we have 5 top 6 wingers ( though AK is UFA ). This includes 2 power forwards. Because Desharnais has done surprisingly well it might be an idea to justv stay with our current top 3 centers next year to see if Eller starts playing like a top 6 center. Rolling 3 offensive lines gives us this breathing room. Of course if we lose AK we would need another top 6 winger to replace him, though I prefer to keep AK.Keep guys like Moen , Blunden and White but add another 1 or 2 big , physical players who can skate okay to the bottom 3 and this team looks alright.
To me the key is PG not making any short term panic moves to make the play-offs and having a coach who instead of trying to force the team to play some system he scribbled on a piece of paper, is to have a coach ( maybe the one we have ) who uses the teams strong points ie speed and now size to our advantage.
So I dont know what tanking or not tanking means. The players and coach need to play to win, but I do not want trades made or not made ie please do trade Gill, Campoli and AK at the deadline ( if AK wont sign with us ) because otherwise you lose them for nothing , just to make the play-offs this year. If that is tanking then fine, Im for tanking.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

There's already one of those around.

Where's the tank thread ?

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:21 PM
sukimono

Yeah?

Where's the DON'T BELIEVE WE SUCK [Anti-Winning/Anti-Buying/1st overall Push/We're not gonna make it Thread Only] thread ?

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I'm not in the tank bandwagon . I want my team to win

And for me a high draft pick is a gift the NHL give me because I watched a horrible season

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Undertakerqc

Go Habs Go!!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Buffalo, Toronto, Pittsburgh.

Win those games. In regulation. And this is not over.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Buffalo, Toronto, Pittsburgh.

Win those games. In regulation. And this is not over.
Realistically... we have to win ALL those games or I think it is. We have to run the table or we can basically forget about it.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Realistically... we have to win ALL those games or I think it is. We have to run the table or we can basically forget about it.
As I said, win those or it's over. I agree.

Cunny doesn't think it's do or die this weekend, but it so painfully clearly is.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post

And for me a high draft pick is a gift the NHL give me because I watched a horrible season
Yeah and we entirely deserve it cause it was indeed a hell of horrible season.. Barely watchable..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
RandR

Simple statistics show that the Habs could be the best team in the entire NHL the rest of this year, and they still would miss the playoffs.

Last year the 8th place teams in the 2 conferences had 93 and 97 pts. At the current rate of points per game for each Eastern conference team, the 8th place team in the East conference (Florida) is on track to get 94.8 points. So, lets assume 94 points will be needed.

If 94 points will be needed, the Habs would need to gain 52 pts in their remaining 36 games, which is a rate of 1.44 pts/game.

However, the top team in the league right now (Rangers) isn't even earning points at that rate (they are at 1.41 pts/game).

And even the most optimistic of us would be silly to predict that the Habs will be the best team in the league the rest of the way.

So, sorry fellow fans; it is already too late for this team.

RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:16 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
Simple statistics show that the Habs could be the best team in the entire NHL the rest of this year, and they still would miss the playoffs.

Last year the 8th place teams in the 2 conferences had 93 and 97 pts. At the current rate of points per game for each Eastern conference team, the 8th place team in the East conference (Florida) is on track to get 94.8 points. So, lets assume 94 points will be needed.

If 94 points will be needed, the Habs would need to gain 52 pts in their remaining 36 games, which is a rate of 1.44 pts/game.

However, the top team in the league right now (Rangers) isn't even earning points at that rate (they are at 1.41 pts/game).

And even the most optimistic of us would be silly to predict that the Habs will be the best team in the league the rest of the way.

So, sorry fellow fans; it is already too late for this team.
post this here

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
When the hell is Markov coming back! this would be the perfect time to get our 12% PP up to 20% and make the playoffs, I believe we can still do it without him, ffs we just spanked the Rangers and we're the only team to beat the Bruins twice this year, also the 2 loses to the Bruins were 1 goal games.
true cause Carolina beated Boston 3 times this season

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
As I said, win those or it's over. I agree.

Cunny doesn't think it's do or die this weekend, but it so painfully clearly is.
he wont say it in front of the cam, but I'm pretty sure he knows full well we're playing the #7, #8 and #9 teams (East) this week.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Lafleurs Guy

And.... we're done.