HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
in·quire [in-kwahyuhr] verb, -quired, -quir·ing.
1. to seek information by questioning; ask: to inquire about a person.

^Since some of you don't seem to understand.

-

We have some assets that would be very enticing for NJ; I'm not saying I would expect to be able to get Henrique, but considering NJ's needs on the back end, and how much young D and goaltending we have, we should at least be inquiring.

Swing for the fences Dean.
pipe dream
n.
A fantastic notion or vain hope.

[From the fantasies induced by smoking a pipe of opium.]

-

DL would be wasting 15 seconds of his life (if that) making that call because he knows NJ would slam down the phone immediately unless we are dealing them some assinine overpayment.

In otherwords, put down the peace pipe and return to reality from whatever vision you are on.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalkint47 View Post
Florida waived Michal Repik. Hopefully Dean puts in a claim, definitely has some skill and is dirt cheap. Might look good on Richards RW.
meh yea i'd toss my hat in on that one.

77 nhl games, 9g 11a 20 points. If you compile those into a single year it's not a bad rookie season. only 23, and we are terribly thin on wing. Doubt he gets that far though.

I mean christ, Yip got claimed by Nashville.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
We have some assets that would be very enticing for NJ; I'm not saying I would expect to be able to get Henrique, but considering NJ's needs on the back end, and how much young D and goaltending we have, we should at least be inquiring.
Longterm at center is a bigger question mark to me than D/G. Zajac is UFA after next season and we're trying to figure out what Jacob Josefson brings to the table. Elias has quietly been a point per game, but he's getting up there in age. And after that, there's nothing in the pipeline.

Getting Larsson was fortunate and he'll hopefully improve his skating in the near future. For better or worse, we have three guys signed for the next 2-3 years in Greene, Tallinder, and Volchenkov. Mark Fayne is 24 and has played well enough to cement himself as an NHLer.

Recent drafts have focused on D as well. Jon Merrill has the tools and hopefully has learned from his suspension. Alex Urbom and Matt Taormina have looked respectable in a couple stints with the big club and one will probably have a spot for 2012-13.

Obviously adding another young D wouldn't hurt, but not as the expense of a productive young center.

As for goaltending, I'm hoping the Devils don't pay heavy to acquire one. Every year it seems like there are more and more NHL caliber goalies but only a finite amount of spots. In the Varlamov/Halak trades, the acquiring teams gave up value but didn't include a producing NHL player.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Longterm at center is a bigger question mark to me than D/G. Zajac is UFA after next season and we're trying to figure out what Jacob Josefson brings to the table. Elias has quietly been a point per game, but he's getting up there in age. And after that, there's nothing in the pipeline.

Getting Larsson was fortunate and he'll hopefully improve his skating in the near future. For better or worse, we have three guys signed for the next 2-3 years in Greene, Tallinder, and Volchenkov. Mark Fayne is 24 and has played well enough to cement himself as an NHLer.

Recent drafts have focused on D as well. Jon Merrill has the tools and hopefully has learned from his suspension. Alex Urbom and Matt Taormina have looked respectable in a couple stints with the big club and one will probably have a spot for 2012-13.

Obviously adding another young D wouldn't hurt, but not as the expense of a productive young center.

As for goaltending, I'm hoping the Devils don't pay heavy to acquire one. Every year it seems like there are more and more NHL caliber goalies but only a finite amount of spots. In the Varlamov/Halak trades, the acquiring teams gave up value but didn't include a producing NHL player.
Shut up and give us all your good prospects and rookies!

Old
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Shut up and give us all your good prospects and rookies!
I like to think that style of negotiation worked on Mike Milbury.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
johnjm22

Names like Nash, Vanek, Ryan, Parise, MSL ect. get thrown around here on a regular basis, but you're an idiot for suggesting Henrique should be added to the list of players Dean should inquire about. OK.

Anyways, like I mentioned before, I do think Dean is going to swing for the fences. The manner in which Dean & Co pursued Brad Richards indicates how ambitious this organization is.

Old
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If Lombardi is going to swing for the fences, I want to see him go after Martin St. Louis.
We don't need more midgets - Kings is already too soft and too small team. And Martin St. Louis is too old, too expensive and his contract is too long.

I hope Lombardi trades a couple big veteran players, like Montreal's Travis Moen or Buffalo's Paul Gaustadt. We need to get a big, 3rd /4th line center, because Richars, Loktionov and Fraser are all under 6 foot-200 lbs.

Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
HAHAHA.

Opposing GM, "Shut up and give us all your best rookies and prospects!"

Milbury: Duuuur okay you want Luongo also?

Old
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
BKR

Quote:
Names like Nash, Vanek, Ryan, Parise, MSL ect. get thrown around here on a regular basis, but you're an idiot for suggesting Henrique should be added to the list of players Dean should inquire about. OK.

Anyways, like I mentioned before, I do think Dean is going to swing for the fences. The manner in which Dean & Co pursued Brad Richards indicates how ambitious this organization is.
That's because ANA, BUF, and and CBJ are all "sellers".

It's not all about "inquiry" as you'd like to think. There's something to be said about not insulting other GM's/Organizations, which is exactly what the Kings would be doing by "inquiring" about Henrique. Relationships matter in big business...

Old
01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Mike Milbury would like to think it worked for him.

He would be wrong.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
That's because ANA, BUF, and and CBJ are all "sellers".

It's not all about "inquiry" as you'd like to think. There's something to be said about not insulting other GM's/Organizations, which is exactly what the Kings would be doing by "inquiring" about Henrique. Relationships matter in big business...
How is inquiring about a player insulting? While I don't know NJ's situation, asking about a young player and potentially willing to offer young players in return could actually be something they are interested in. Maybe not? Hockey deals do happen at the deadline occasionally. It isn't always futures for now type deals. I don't see how that is insulting and especially when somebody proposed it here in fantasy land on the internet. Good Lord we take ourselves way too seriously sometimes.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
We don't need more midgets - Kings is already too soft and too small team. And Martin St. Louis is too old, too expensive and his contract is too long.

I hope Lombardi trades a couple big veteran players, like Montreal's Travis Moen or Buffalo's Paul Gaustadt. We need to get a big, 3rd /4th line center, because Richars, Loktionov and Fraser are all under 6 foot-200 lbs.
The Kings are a team that is incapable of scoring. I don't think Moen or Gaustad are going to fix that problem. While I'd take those players on the Kings any given day, I'm not too concerned about LA's physical play as much as I am with their lack of offense. A couple of goals scored by or setup from St. Louis would give the Kings a few more wins and points in the standings.

If they are able to bring in a player like Moen, he's an upgrade over Hunter on the fourth line, or, Moen is used on the third line with Lewis sliding down to the fourth line. Same applies for Gaustad, he replaces Fraser in the lineup or slides in for Loktionov. Given Loktionov's play and puck possession strengths, I'd rather keep him where he is.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
The Kings are a team that is incapable of scoring. I don't think Moen or Gaustad are going to fix that problem. While I'd take those players on the Kings any given day, I'm not too concerned about LA's physical play as much as I am with their lack of offense. A couple of goals scored by or setup from St. Louis would give the Kings a few more wins and points in the standings.

If they are able to bring in a player like Moen, he's an upgrade over Hunter on the fourth line, or, Moen is used on the third line with Lewis sliding down to the fourth line. Same applies for Gaustad, he replaces Fraser in the lineup or slides in for Loktionov. Given Loktionov's play and puck possession strengths, I'd rather keep him where he is.
At what price? St. Louis is an all or nothing move IMO. You think the Kings are ready for that?

Old
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Capn Brown

Isn't St. Louis 36 or something crazy?!

Old
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post

Kings are too soft? and too small? Lol what.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
At what price? St. Louis is an all or nothing move IMO. You think the Kings are ready for that?
If the cost is a Kovalchuk like package with one established player, two prospects and a high draft pick, I think it is something worth considering. If Tampa Bay asked for a combination of say, Jonathan Bernier, Derek Forbort, Oscar Moller and LA's 1st for Martin St. Louis, I pull the trigger. The only prospects or rookies I'd consider "hands off" would be Toffoli and Voynov.

If the Kings need a backup to Quick, that could be easily obtained from Tampa with Roloson, or maybe even pursue Nabokov from the Islanders or Sanford from Columbus.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

"Hey, Dean.. you there? Ummm.. are Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds available?" Holmgren said.

Lombadi shouts "How insulting!" and hangs up the phone.

".... I'd be willing to give you Mike Richards..."

There is no response.

"Ummm.. ok.. sorry for the inquiry!"

Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
If Tampa Bay asked for a combination of say, Jonathan Bernier, Derek Forbort, Oscar Moller and LA's 1st for Martin St. Louis, I pull the trigger.

You'd ditch Bernier and a 1st for a 36-year-old? Dude......

Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Isn't St. Louis 36 or something crazy?!
Yes he is, but also consider that he also has back-to-back seasons of 94 and 99 points in the past two years. His lowest point total in the past five seasons is 80 points. Even at 36, he's a better offensive player than anyone on the Kings.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
BKR

Quote:
The Kings are a team that is incapable of scoring. I don't think Moen or Gaustad are going to fix that problem. While I'd take those players on the Kings any given day, I'm not too concerned about LA's physical play as much as I am with their lack of offense.
You mean you don't find the Dump & Chase brand of hockey exciting?!

Old
01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
"Hey, Dean.. you there? Ummm.. are Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds available?" Holmgren said.

Lombadi shouts "How insulting!" and hangs up the phone.

".... I'd be willing to give you Mike Richards..."

There is no response.

"Ummm.. ok.. sorry for the inquiry!"
B Schenn wasn't in the middle of a Rookie of the Year season...

Old
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Oh ok so Holmgren was the one that was insulted? I'm mean really.. if a GM of a hockey team was insulted by another GM inquiring about a player, there would never be trades.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
johnjm22

MSL is a Selenne-type. I think he'll be a very productive player for the duration of his contract.

I advocated going after him last year and everybody said he was too old then. He went on to post a measly 99 points for the 10-11 season.

He's consistently been one of the best wingers in the game for years now.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
What you described earlier doesn't exist in hockey. You ask, you always ask. There is no insult, this is professional sports. The guy that says "I am not going to insult by asking" is the guy saying "how the hell did they get that player for such a cheap price!?" later on... GM's always say that they listen to every offer. Of course there are stupid proposals, but they wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't turning around and offering stupid proposals themselves because every year or so, one of those proposals is answered with a yes, and they can have serious impacts on franchises...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Oh ok so Holmgren was the one that was insulted? I'm mean really.. if a GM of a hockey team was insulted by another GM inquiring about a player, there would never be trades.
Just like any big business negotiation, you have to pick & choose your battles... Henrique isn't a battle you're going to win, so there's no need to waste the time. Can we please move on now?

Closed Thread