HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
Just like any big business negotiation, you have to pick & choose your battles... Henrique isn't a battle you're going to win, so there's no need to waste the time. Can we please move on now?
Any battle can be won for the right price.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Quote:
B Schenn wasn't in the middle of a Rookie of the Year season...
Brayden Schenn was viewed as one of the best prospects out there in the hockey world at the time of the trade.

And btw, I wasn't aware there were NHL awards given in January...

Old
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If the cost is a Kovalchuk like package with one established player, two prospects and a high draft pick, I think it is something worth considering. If Tampa Bay asked for a combination of say, Jonathan Bernier, Derek Forbort, Oscar Moller and LA's 1st for Martin St. Louis, I pull the trigger. The only prospects or rookies I'd consider "hands off" would be Toffoli and Voynov.

If the Kings need a backup to Quick, that could be easily obtained from Tampa with Roloson, or maybe even pursue Nabokov from the Islanders or Sanford from Columbus.
I don't see Dean moving Bernier until one of Quick/Bernier is signed to a reasonable long term deal. Parise is a player that might get Bernier included in a package. I don't think Bernier would be included in any deal for a player over 35 years of age, I don't care how good the player.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
MSL is a Selenne-type. I think he'll be a very productive player for the duration of his contract.

I advocated going after him last year and everybody said he was too old then. He went on to post a measly 99 points for the 10-11 season.

He's consistently been one of the best wingers in the game for years now.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Selanne hasn't shown signs of slowing down. The age isn't a concern when he's producing. He's not injury prone either, having appeared in 80 or more games over the past seven seasons. How many 90-plus point scoring wingers are out there and how often are they moved? I see him still being productive over the next three seasons.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Just like any big business negotiation, you have to pick & choose your battles... Henrique isn't a battle you're going to win, so there's no need to waste the time. Can we please move on now?
How that is even a "battle" is beyond me. Again, you are inquiring about a player's availability. I remember a few years back, Lombardi made a comment about knowing he had a nice stable of prospects because other GM's were always inquiring about them. I can't imagine a GM would ever take offense to another GM asking if a player is available. THat is how business gets done.

I could see a GM being offended about an offersheet or a the threat of one but asking for a fair trade isn't the least bit insulting. Especially when one of us idiots on the internet suggests it. Maybe other team's fans are offended by it but as we've seen with Gretzky and to a much lesser extent, Mike Richards, any player is available for trade. Hell, I remember a lot of GM's saying they were shocked by the Joe Thornton trade and they didn't even know he was available. Obviously somebody had to make that first call and I doubt it was the Bruins GM saying "I need Sturm and Primeau on my team, how do I get them"?

Old
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Minor Boarding

Why cann't Hemsky just go to the LTIR list (because of farting problems) so there won't be more of these Oiler Hemsky trade threads/proposals on the HFboards?
It's almost getting to the annoying level of old Maple Leafs Schenn proposals...

How manny of you fellow Kings fans believe that Hemsky is a good fit for our team?

Personally I don't.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Minor Boarding

St. Louis has a NMC clause I am not sure that at the age of 36 he's interested to play for another team.

Old
01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
dman3474

I would love to see a deal that was centered around MPS for hickey/martinez/ one of the other D prospects.

I can see Muzzin filling the hole that Mitchell will make (hopefully not next season but maybe the season after aka we need to resign WM for at least another year) and Campbell taking one of the shutdown spots. so that leaves hickey/martinez/voinov, and with Voinov doing well I dont see him getting moved. So it comes down to hickey/martinez being the most NHL ready and one of them on their way out soon.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
How manny of you fellow Kings fans believe that Hemsky is a good fit for our team?

Personally I don't.
He'd look really good on the Kings' IR.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Travis Moen has 9 goals and 6 assists with a total of 15 points. He would be tied with Justin Williams for 4th highest goal total on the team and the Kings 8th scorer in terms of total points. That is not bad for a guy making just over a million who can scrap and penalty kill.

Penner has 3 goals, 11 assists and makes over 4 million.

It's not only that the Kings need scoring but there are certain guys on the team getting paid a lot of money that can be replaced by other NHL'ers who are either cheaper, tougher or faster....Stoll and Penner are two that come to mind.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:39 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I am not sure what the NYI would want for Grabner, but IMO he is exactly the kind of player Lombardi should be after. I don't care that he isn't lighting it up this season. He has the talent and with the right coaching and development I think he would be in our top six.
lol i think Eklund read your post. Now he is tweeting that Isles and Kings talking.

Depends on the asking price, but i would be all for trying to get him in our top 6. Hell, i would kind of like to see him and Lokti can do on the same line. But he would inject some good skill and speed into the lineup.

Old
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
SFKingshomer

When is the last time a team traded their 1st line center who happens to be a Calder candidate?

Old
01-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Kingurentai

I'm sure it's been asked but who is MPS?

Old
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
I'm sure it's been asked but who is MPS?
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson

Old
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Travis Moen has 9 goals and 6 assists with a total of 15 points. He would be tied with Justin Williams for 4th highest goal total on the team and the Kings 8th scorer in terms of total points. That is not bad for a guy making just over a million who can scrap and penalty kill.

Penner has 3 goals, 11 assists and makes over 4 million.

It's not only that the Kings need scoring but there are certain guys on the team getting paid a lot of money that can be replaced by other NHL'ers who are either cheaper, tougher or faster....Stoll and Penner are two that come to mind.
And he did this playing for the Kings and Terry Murray?

BTW, Travis Moen has a career shooting percentage of 8%. Want to know what he is doing this season? 20.2%. This season is the anomoly, not the norm. Did you know that Travis has 1 goal in his last 20 games? Penner has 3 goals in his last 21 games.

Aren't the Kings over 3 goals per game since Nicholls was brought in to work with the PP and offense? Why don't we wait and see how the regular season and playoffs end before we declare everyone expendable?

Old
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
We don't need more midgets - Kings is already too soft and too small team. And Martin St. Louis is too old, too expensive and his contract is too long.

I hope Lombardi trades a couple big veteran players, like Montreal's Travis Moen or Buffalo's Paul Gaustadt. We need to get a big, 3rd /4th line center, because Richars, Loktionov and Fraser are all under 6 foot-200 lbs.
I agree, pass on St. Louis, but not due to size. More due to the contract. A 35+ contract has the potential to be a huge anchor for a team.

Also yes, sign me up for Moen and/or Gaustad. They'd help a lot more than people think, especially Gaustad. I'm sure JaysKings can add more to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
How is inquiring about a player insulting? While I don't know NJ's situation, asking about a young player and potentially willing to offer young players in return could actually be something they are interested in. Maybe not? Hockey deals do happen at the deadline occasionally. It isn't always futures for now type deals. I don't see how that is insulting and especially when somebody proposed it here in fantasy land on the internet. Good Lord we take ourselves way too seriously sometimes.
The inquiring isn't the issue really, but if you are going to inquire you have to be ready to offer up something that the other team is willing to discuss. Considering Henrique is playing with Parise on the first line and has 34 points in 41 games, honestly who would the Kings be able to offer up for him? Doughty, Johnson, Kopitar, Richards, Quick, Brown? Anyone outside of that group likely would be an insult to New Jersey and I can't see DL willing to trade anyone from there for Henrique, with the possible exception of Brown. And NJ isn't going to want a bunch of prospects or even Voynov for their first line centre who is on pace for a 68 point rookie season.

So unless DL is calling and is ready to flop Brown on the table in a trade, it's would be rather insulting to NJ to ask about Henrique.

Quote:
The Kings are a team that is incapable of scoring. I don't think Moen or Gaustad are going to fix that problem.
Not fix it no, but help them I think.

One thing I have come to strongly believe in is the impact Handzus and Simmonds had on our team offensively. I didn't believe they had that much of an impact until I've seen the team play without them, and their sheer size and strength really helped. Not only by getting to the front of the net, something few Kings do now, but also by wearing down the opposing D with their forechecking and puck possession. LA doesn't have that now, but Moen and Gaustad would sure help a lot and I think help out LA's offense overall more than people think.

Quote:
If the cost is a Kovalchuk like package with one established player, two prospects and a high draft pick, I think it is something worth considering. If Tampa Bay asked for a combination of say, Jonathan Bernier, Derek Forbort, Oscar Moller and LA's 1st for Martin St. Louis, I pull the trigger. The only prospects or rookies I'd consider "hands off" would be Toffoli and Voynov.

If the Kings need a backup to Quick, that could be easily obtained from Tampa with Roloson, or maybe even pursue Nabokov from the Islanders or Sanford from Columbus.

No to trading Bernier until Quick is locked up. I think that should be a generally excepted thought on this board. I'd trade the rest of that package, but not for St. Louis. I'm very opposed to getting a 35+ contract like St. Louis, simply for the salary cap implications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Maybe other team's fans are offended by it but as we've seen with Gretzky and to a much lesser extent, Mike Richards, any player is available for trade. Hell, I remember a lot of GM's saying they were shocked by the Joe Thornton trade and they didn't even know he was available. Obviously somebody had to make that first call and I doubt it was the Bruins GM saying "I need Sturm and Primeau on my team, how do I get them"?
Actually, the Oilers were rather insulted the first time the Kings asked about Gretzky. It wasn't until Pocklington needed money that the Kings were contacted. Philly also called DL about Richards, and I'm sure DL's past connection with the Flyers had a lot to do with him getting involved like he was.

As for Thornton, we don't know who called who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Why cann't Hemsky just go to the LTIR list (because of farting problems) so there won't be more of these Oiler Hemsky trade threads/proposals on the HFboards?
It's almost getting to the annoying level of old Maple Leafs Schenn proposals...

Personally I don't.
Just have to stomach those threads for five more weeks and then the tarde deadline is over, thankfully. I'm as sick of them as you are.

I would consider Hemsky here, but only as Plan D, both for the trade deadline and again in the off-season.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
lol i think Eklund read your post. Now he is tweeting that Isles and Kings talking.

Depends on the asking price, but i would be all for trying to get him in our top 6. Hell, i would kind of like to see him and Lokti can do on the same line. But he would inject some good skill and speed into the lineup.
Maybe we're trying to get Moulson back

"Wait...you mean it wasn't a loan? YOU GUYS SIGNED HIM??"

Old
01-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Why does anyone want Moen? He has 1 goal in his last 20 games. Do the Kings need another struggling forward?

Old
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Why does anyone want Moen? He has 1 goal in his last 20 games. Do the Kings need another struggling forward?
I could care less about Moen, but I think people are looking beyond what he can do on the score sheet. He's never really lit it up before, but if you remember, he was amazing on the 3rd line for the Ducks in their cup run. At least that's why I assume people want him.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I'd take Moen over Lewis right now, and I don't give a flying rats ass about Lewis' speed either.

We've *****ed and moaned all season about the lack of size on this teams lower lines without Handzus and Simmonds and guys like Moen and Gaustad could at least partually solve that without costing an arm and a leg.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I was going to propose on the main board. What do you say about:
Stoll
Martinez

To Chicago for:
Michael Frolik
2nd

Kings get a skilled winger who's stuck behind the depth of Hossa and Kane. They also get a pick to keep the farm healthy. Chicago gets center and defensive depth.

I know it's not gamebreaking talent, but Stoll is out of his element on the wing. The salary difference is negligible, and the Kings get value for two players who are victims of depth where the Kings are strongest.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
The inquiring isn't the issue really, but if you are going to inquire you have to be ready to offer up something that the other team is willing to discuss. Considering Henrique is playing with Parise on the first line and has 34 points in 41 games, honestly who would the Kings be able to offer up for him? Doughty, Johnson, Kopitar, Richards, Quick, Brown? Anyone outside of that group likely would be an insult to New Jersey and I can't see DL willing to trade anyone from there for Henrique, with the possible exception of Brown. And NJ isn't going to want a bunch of prospects or even Voynov for their first line centre who is on pace for a 68 point rookie season.

So unless DL is calling and is ready to flop Brown on the table in a trade, it's would be rather insulting to NJ to ask about Henrique.
If you ask if the guy is available and they say "no", you say "Ok, thanks". Not really insulting. If you ask and they say "sure, give me Brown" and DL says "no way". Again, not really insulting. If they respond when DL says no about Brown and they ask what he had in mind and he says "a 5th of Jameson". Then yeah, maybe they are offended. But I highly doubt a GM calls and inquires about a player unless they are ready to pony up.

Not fix it no, but help them I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Actually, the Oilers were rather insulted the first time the Kings asked about Gretzky. It wasn't until Pocklington needed money that the Kings were contacted. Philly also called DL about Richards, and I'm sure DL's past connection with the Flyers had a lot to do with him getting involved like he was.

As for Thornton, we don't know who called who.
Great, the point is nobody is untouchable and the Oilers still dealt Gretzky even though there were some how offended by McNall's inquiries. I guess the money healed the wounds. DL wasn't offended when Philly asked for the #1 prospect in the world. You'll never get anything if you don't ask. Something tells me GM's in the NHL aren't as sensitive as some of you guys think.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Gaustad is like a young Handzus. I'd take him.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I just can't wait till the deadline to see what is going to happen. We are on the market for serious help, but given that it is Lombardi, anything can happen though it is likely we will make minor depth moves.

Eklund is saying that we are talking to Philly for Voracek. Which would be a good alternative to JVR since he is out with a concussion. Who knows...

Old
01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I just can't wait till the deadline to see what is going to happen. We are on the market for serious help, but given that it is Lombardi, anything can happen though it is likely we will make minor depth moves.

Eklund is saying that we are talking to Philly for Voracek. Which would be a good alternative to JVR since he is out with a concussion. Who knows...
Just guess somebody from Philly or SJ and you'll be in the hunt.

Closed Thread