HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky Is On Detroit's Radar

Old
01-19-2012, 04:24 AM
FissionFire

vCash: 500
Things you will not get for Ales Hemsky
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok
Darren Helm (Wings are super thin at C)

Things you may get ONE of for Ales Hemsky
Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
Cory Emmerton (Only because the Wings have no C depth right now)
1st round pick

Things you might get TWO of if you get nothing from the previous list
Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler
2nd - 3rd round draft pick

Fodder in terms of maginal prospects and 4th or lower draft picks can be added to the first list as well.

Hope that pretty much clarifies things for everyone in terms of what Detroit is likely to be willing to trade.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 04:32 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

Fodder in terms of maginal prospects and 4th or lower draft picks can be added to the first list as well.

Hope that pretty much clarifies things for everyone in terms of what Detroit is likely to be willing to trade.
Pretty solid list and accurate to what most people believe is the case around the Wings. It actually would not surprise me if Abdelkder and Tvrdon are on the list of things you might get one of as you have it? I actually think most of those guys except Tatar and Kindl would be offered with a middle round draft pick.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 04:32 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

You're so generous!

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 05:27 AM
joe89

Something around Kindl on Detroit's part would make sense to me and for Edmonton to target. Edmonton needs defense, Kindl is very steady already and has solid upside, but is expendable on the Wings(we can give him a #6 role and Babs likes to play Commodore against physical opponents). I have a hard time seeing many playoff teams giving up a better defensive asset in a trade deadline deal.

It depends a little bit on how the situation with Stuart looks though. Possibly losing Lidstrom, Stuart and Kindl in a matter of months would be a big blow. Also, I'm not even sure if Wings are willing to give up any of the top7 D's in a deadline deal unless another (NHL ready) D is coming back our way, whether in the same deal or via another deal. With Smith we have eight NHL capable D's, and Holland likes to make sure he's on the safe side if injuries occur.

Other tradeable roster players include Emmerton, Mursak, Abdelkader, Hudler, Miller, Eaves. Basically any of the rotating 4th liners and Hudler. There are also a couple of prospects available, however an UFA like Hemsky won't yield any of the biggest names.

But Kindl would be my first name to throw out that would probably make sense for both clubs.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Nick Rash

Kindl
Jurco
1rst

Hemsky
Omark

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
More teams trying to buy than teams trying to sell, good time to trade Hemsky.

Hemsky was 3 pts shy of 80 in his first "full" season.

With Dats or Z he could become that guy again.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I would love if Omark or MSP could be added, although I doubt Detroit would pay for them.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Big Rig isn't going anywhere but if he does it won't be for Ales Hemsky. He's just the whipping boy for casual Red Wing fans.

Any combination of 1st + Ericsson + Tatar + High prospect can probably net you something more worthwhile than Hemsky. He's a fine player, don't get me wrong, but he is injury prone and a rental, not much value in that. It outweighs the fact that he's nearly a PPG player.
Sure.

Syckle78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:43 AM
doulos

Quote:
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

Great list, and probably quite accurate. Also why I don't expect the Red Wings and Oilers to make a deal. Oilers need a defenseman and only a defenseman and Kindl alone is likely to not be enough.

I'd be shocked if these two teams found a deal and if they did it would most certainly be in Detroit's favour.

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Syckle78

I doubt understand how Kindl would not be enough. Especially for a team that NEEDS defense above all else. You aren't really giving up a very valuable asset, and aren't likely to get a better defense prospect in return. If I am the Oilers I take that deal and run.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Beerfish

A big question here is does Holland roll the dice as others have done in the past, some with success and some with utter failure when dealing for ufa. I happen to think that whatever team deals for Hemsky will resign him but obviously that is no guarantee.

Holland I'm pretty sure does not have a history of making moves like this. However how confident are Wings fans that the team as is is a very solid cup contender? If they are happy with the team as is then no deal should be made. You can't deny though that a bit of a window is closing for the Wings.

Bertuzzi 36
Cleary 33
Datsyuk 33
The Mule 32
Holmstrom 38
Zetterberg 31
Lidstrom 41

For wings fans, do you think Holland will roll the dice on any big move to get talent now at the cost of #1 pick or prospects for this year?

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

Tvrdon, Abdelkader and Ouellet need to move up. Edmonton would be all over a Tvrdon/Abdelkader trade. Not for the enigma named Ales Hemsky.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
A big question here is does Holland roll the dice as others have done in the past, some with success and some with utter failure when dealing for ufa. I happen to think that whatever team deals for Hemsky will resign him but obviously that is no guarantee.

Holland I'm pretty sure does not have a history of making moves like this. However how confident are Wings fans that the team as is is a very solid cup contender? If they are happy with the team as is then no deal should be made. You can't deny though that a bit of a window is closing for the Wings.

Bertuzzi 36
Cleary 33
Datsyuk 33
The Mule 32
Holmstrom 38
Zetterberg 31
Lidstrom 41

For wings fans, do you think Holland will roll the dice on any big move to get talent now at the cost of #1 pick or prospects for this year?
I can only speak for myself, but I would prefer he makes a big splash and go for another cup this year. But, I am also not so sure the window is closing, only because we are going to have a ton of cap room for the first time and and we have a few pretty good prospects.

I want him to go for it, but be somewhat cautious. Especially when dealing for a UFA that could walk after the season. Giving up Kindl or a top prospect for a couple months of Hemsky would suck.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Jimbo7200

Kindl/Ericsson + 2nd for Hemsky and Peckham is the deal I could see happening.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul

Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet

Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

I truly don't see Kenny moving any of the bolded, in addition to those that you've listed.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
doulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
I doubt understand how Kindl would not be enough. Especially for a team that NEEDS defense above all else. You aren't really giving up a very valuable asset, and aren't likely to get a better defense prospect in return. If I am the Oilers I take that deal and run.
Kindl is a fine player, but I suspect there are better options out there for a Hemsky deal (even with all of his warts). The Oilers would be smarter keeping Hemsky (if that's even in the cards any more) over trading him for a depth defenseman and not even any picks etc.

But what do I know as I sit at my computer

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
The Wings are not going to trade Kindl.
It's probably worth it, player for player to move Kindl + 2nd tier prospect for Hemsky.
But Holland isn't going into the playoffs with 7 defensemen when the 5-6-7 slots are Commodore, Ericcson and Smith.
Having Kindl gives us a buffer. You can have two guys hurt and still have a capable defenseman in the lineup.
You don;t want to *that* close to using Garnet Exelby or Logan Pyett in a playoff series.

The only way Holland moves Kindl is if he was a plan to trade for another D. And Holland just doesn't make that many trades, so it's pretty unlikely.

If Edmonton wants a D, it's gonna have to be Sproul, Marcenko, Ouellet or Backman

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Tomas Jurco
Riley Sheahan
Calle Jarnkrok

Jakub Kindl
Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen
1st round pick

Landon Ferraro
Jan Mursak
Justin Abdelkader
Ryan Sproul
Joakim Andersson
Marek Tvrdon
Mattias Backman
Xavier Ouellet
Ben Marshall
Jiri Hudler

I think that is a fair assessment. I'd have no problem with a return of Abdelkader and a 2nd to be honest. Good skater and good physicality, limited offence and sometimes undisciplined with stick work (seem to remember a playoff game against the Sharks last year where he took 3 high-sticking penalties in the same game). Probably a 4th liner for the time being, but could develop into a quality 3rd liner in a year or two (would look good on the opposite wing of Ryan Jones).

Not sure what my fellow Oiler fans will think about that return, but I'd prefer to get guys who can step in and play right away (especially guys with some sandpaper to their game).

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
GeoSacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Good skater and good physicality, limited offence and sometimes undisciplined with stick work (seem to remember a playoff game against the Sharks last year where he took 3 high-sticking penalties in the same game).
Kid was a train wreck of high sticking penalties that series.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I think that is a fair assessment. I'd have no problem with a return of Abdelkader and a 2nd to be honest. Good skater and good physicality, limited offence and sometimes undisciplined with stick work (seem to remember a playoff game against the Sharks last year where he took 3 high-sticking penalties in the same game). Probably a 4th liner for the time being, but could develop into a quality 3rd liner in a year or two (would look good on the opposite wing of Ryan Jones).

Not sure what my fellow Oiler fans will think about that return, but I'd prefer to get guys who can step in and play right away (especially guys with some sandpaper to their game).
Well, keep in mind that pick is likely going to be in the 55-60 range.

Don't you think that we have drafted some guys in the last 3-4 years that can easily do the job that Abdelkader does right now? I do.

Personally, I'd rather just take the 1st and hope you can find a solid NHLer in the 25-30 range. You never know, we would have 2 picks in the 25-35 range, perhaps we try to move up with both? Move up with one and a roster player?

I think a 1st rounder gives us more options to getting what we need than a package of Abdelkader and a 2nd does right now.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote