HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 01:30 PM
mcsauer2738

vCash: 500
Are there any rumors of Rick Nash to NYR? At the barber shop this morning while wearing a rangers shirt a kid came up to me and said looks like the Rangers are gonna get Rick Nash from what I've been reading. I asked him what he read and he said he couldn't remember. Is there any rumors out there like this?

Old
01-19-2012, 01:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Are there any rumors of Rick Nash to NYR? At the barber shop this morning while wearing a rangers shirt a kid came up to me and said looks like the Rangers are gonna get Rick Nash from what I've been reading. I asked him what he read and he said he couldn't remember. Is there any rumors out there like this?
Yes, but they are just rumors.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There was a thread about it on the trade board, but I wouldn't put much credence into it. Columbus isn't going to trade Nash and the Rangers aren't going to give up what it would take to get him.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Ace2008

trade idea

NYR swap Bourque+Wolski+pick(yes its alot) for Tuomo Ruutu+J.Samson

Then they Swap Tuomo Ruutu+Zuccarello+1st+prospect for E.Johnson
prospect could be McIlrath because Noreau looked just as good as McIlrath @ the rookie tourney and has similar size. Keep Kreider/J.t.Miller
*(very expensive but E.Johnson skates well enough to back check after completing end to end rushes and a potential pairing of Erixon(*Def*) + Johnson (*Offense) will be very tough to match.

if the duo of MCDonagh_Sauer is reunited_ and Staal girardi works as well...then the team can make a move to then add a spare Right shooting PP defender w/ good shot and low price maybe Y.Weber from MTL or C.Franson from Toronto both being playoff hopefuls that aren't getting much production from either of the 2 but could fit in nicely come playoff time.

then comes the power element....as much as I'd love to recommend going for a S.Doan or a B.RYan the realistic thing is to study ice time. Both are natural RW's that play occasional Center and need about 20+ minutes to thrive. Expecting either to play LW well enough to make a power line with either Dubinsky/RUPP+_Callahan/Boyle for best results isn't that realistic despite Ryan's LW exp w/ Perry...Problem is that the cost of obtaining either would probably include both a top calibre NHLer+ a top prospect on top of leaving enough cap room to fit it all while heavily affecting chemistry....my solution

Look outside the box.

a Team like Chicago has been getting lots of mileage out of their top 6 fwd's and getting some young guns like Hayes+Shaw some nice ice time as well.

That leaves the young trio of
B.Bickell(6'4/231lbs)
Brandon Saad(6'2/211) and
Kyle Beach(6'3/210) very under the radar. For the physical wars of the playoffs, the NYR will need more than just speed and shooting that snipers like Hagelin/Fedotenko/potentially Kreider) can bring....They'll will need the size and grit which Dubinsky brings. Granted Faceoffs are a big strength of Dubinsky's and he should play Center again like last season after being mostly a LW.

M.DelZotto + a prospect should be enough to land Bickell+Saad both of whom have little hype perceived value...but look closer SAAD looked comfortable on the PP earlier this season as a teenager playing on a cup calibre team before being sent for extra conditioning. Bickell had about 13 minutes per game avg last season and managed a healthy 17 goals*same total as Dubinsky earlier in his career*. Although neither are great skaters....they go to the net, stick up for their teammates and get screens/ deflection goals on the PP. Beach is a throw in but with all of the talent the NYR have w/ smaller skill forwards...1 or 2 good grinders w/ Playoff experience or good upside could be huge since the time it took for the current group to really gel was about 30 games... a trade now would give another 30+ for this group to re-align.

projected lineup including extra depth

Anisimov--Stepan--Gaborik

Bickell---Richards-Callahan

Hagelin--Dubinsky-Boyle(*has played RW and is less of a passer)

Fedotenko/SAAD-Rupp-Prust

Avery(for playoff)-Newbury-Beach/Mitchell

Staal---girardi

McDonagh-Sauer/

Erixon-E.Johnson(each pairing gets even 20 minutes like the NYR did a few seasons back w/ Mara/roz/ etc... in the 2009 season.

Woywitka/Eminger-Y.Weber/C.Franson

the chemistry is mildly adjusted(MDZ replaced by Erixon and EMinger/Bickell upgraded into a real skating threat w/ size in Erik Johnson...obviously gross overpayment will be needed but the NYR have plenty of prospects to get a deal done along w/ a few good NHL'ers.

THe ability to just throw any Def pairing on the ice will be HUGE come matchup time as the NYR will even be able to match size for size against the bigger lines w/ a split pairing of Staal-E.Johnson...speed size and 2 way threats from both sides of the ice.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The Canes don't make the first trade which then renders the second trade moot (and the value was bad anyway).

01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
egelband

hanh??!

Old
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
ruckus*

There's a trade proposal thread.

Old
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
jniklast

With our team defense system I don't think our blueline needs a big upgrade once Sauer is healthy. We need an upgrade to our bottom 6 forwards far more. And that upgrade with Bickell (Saad would be future) isn't exactly big considering we move MDZ for them.

And what's EJ's cap hit anyway?

Old
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Leetch3

5 lines and 4 d pairs, now thats some depth

Old
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He's been getting bottom six minutes with grinders and defensive forwards, and I thought he had actually been playing pretty well. It's not a great use of his abilities, IMO, but I understand why they aren't using him. They have a bunch of guys probably about as good as him offensively already populating their top six.

It's a waste because he's an NHLer, IMO, and they're going to lose him for nothing. Maybe they get lucky and no one picks him up. We'll see. If I was a bunch of teams around the league, I would definitely put in a claim.

The Rangers don't need him or anything, but he has more talent than at least 5 forwards currently dressing for a team that still lacks talent.
But given how poorly Florida has been in recent years, he really had every opportunity to blossom into a top-six threat. Yet now he's on the wire, which says there really isn't much of a market out there for a speedy, underachieving winger. If he couldn't beat out guys like Kopecky or Bergenheim for top-six minutes, I can't see him doing much better here.

I dunno. I guess I just don't see the pedigree in him that would make him worth taking a gamble on. I see Enver Lisin, not Michael Grabner.

Old
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
But given how poorly Florida has been in recent years, he really had every opportunity to blossom into a top-six threat. Yet now he's on the wire, which says there really isn't much of a market out there for a speedy, underachieving winger. If he couldn't beat out guys like Kopecky or Bergenheim for top-six minutes, I can't see him doing much better here.

I dunno. I guess I just don't see the pedigree in him that would make him worth taking a gamble on. I see Enver Lisin, not Michael Grabner.
While true, but what's the risk for us? It's a low risk, medium reward situation. I don't see why we don't take a chance on him.

Old
01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
the rumor was that boomer esiason said on the radio that the rangers were going after him, although i don't know anyone that actually heard it...and given the fact that the next day there were stories in the paper about the knicks going after STEVE nash i'm guessing that is what boomer said and was misunderstood lol

Old
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Zipay debunked this rumor like 2 days ago on twitter when I asked him about it.

01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I think what you said at the end there helps make my point, though. Look at how Florida handled Grabner.

Did Repik really get the chance to? He had 31 games last year, 16 this year, rarely playing with skill players. Grabner certainly didn't get the chance in Florida. And I think that has to do with the fact that the Panthers are desperate to improve and make the playoffs, thus the reliance on veterans. Look at all the veterans they brought in. Hell, they just signed Madden and I think he was getting second line minutes.

For the record, in no way am I suggesting that Repik is the next Grabner. But I think he has a much better shot at sticking in the NHL than Lisin does.

I just think players with his offensive potential and youth are not often found on waivers at this point in their careers. I'm of the opinion that those are the kind of players that you might as well always put a claim in for. You have very little to lose in that situation.

Old
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
NYR Viper

I would 100% be okay with them going out and trading for Moen to play some LW on this team. He would fit the mold of a hard-working player who will do anything to win and can play anyhwhere from the 2nd line to the 4th line. He will drop the gloves. He has PO experience. He can play center if need be.

Moen-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Mitchell

Old
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would 100% be okay with them going out and trading for Moen to play some LW on this team. He would fit the mold of a hard-working player who will do anything to win and can play anyhwhere from the 2nd line to the 4th line. He will drop the gloves. He has PO experience. He can play center if need be.

Moen-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Mitchell
they need a goal scorer. i dont know how that can be anymore obvious than tonight

Old
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
they need a goal scorer. i dont know how that can be anymore obvious than tonight
Because adding one player, say a goal scorer, is not going to make that big of a difference. The key is to bring in a player who can help fill out the roster while putting other players in their correct roles and not being too expensive considering this team's goal should be to compete for a Cup for 10 years, not 2.

Bring in Moen to be the complimentary LWer on the Stepan line who can retrieve pucks and drive hard to the net. Move Anisimov to the 3rd line center. Boyle back to the 4th line.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Clearly need another goal scorer.

Powerplay needs fixing and team needs more offensive talent.

Closed Thread