HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
  #1
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Continue the discussion here........

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:22 PM
  #2
Gabotrick
Registered User
 
Gabotrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Because adding one player, say a goal scorer, is not going to make that big of a difference. The key is to bring in a player who can help fill out the roster while putting other players in their correct roles and not being too expensive considering this team's goal should be to compete for a Cup for 10 years, not 2.

Bring in Moen to be the complimentary LWer on the Stepan line who can retrieve pucks and drive hard to the net. Move Anisimov to the 3rd line center. Boyle back to the 4th line.
I beg to differ if we add a player like ryan, not only will he provide goal support, but it will also take pressure of Gaborick which will allow him to do what he does best, like put the puck in the net. Rather than someone like Moen or the people suggesting ruutu.

I say offer AA Sauer Thomas, Wolski and a 1st for Ryan.

Ryan Stepan Gaborick
Hagelin Richards Callahan
Fedetanko Dubisnky Boyle
Prust Rupp Mitchell

I feel like those would be great goal scoring lines.

Gabotrick is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
  #3
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
I would be okay if the player they bring in is a player like Ryan (who by all reports is no longer available), nut I would not be okay with moving a 1st rounder for a player like Ruutu at the deadline.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
  #4
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: East Lansing
Country: United States
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Need another scorer. Maybe an upgrade on the bottom 6 but we have so many of those guys. Any powerplay specialists out there!

nyrleetch is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
  #5
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
It's Dolans fault.

He ****ed us with that Jan. prediction...

Love this team but Brad needs a highly skilled winger on his left.

HAPPY HOUR is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
  #6
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,593
vCash: 500
Trayed Stahl!!!!11!1

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
  #7
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Trayed Stahl!!!!11!1


It's Stall...



























qwertyaas is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
  #8
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Thread title compliments of Mr. Jonathan

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
  #9
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Need another scorer. Maybe an upgrade on the bottom 6 but we have so many of those guys. Any powerplay specialists out there!
Not necessarily. I'd like to see them get a solid 3rd liner who can actually score and have him play with Hags and Feds, and just move Boyle to the 4th with Prust and Rupp and send Mitchell down or keep him as the spare forward and get rid of Wolski

Stugots is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:42 PM
  #10
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,600
vCash: 500
In all seriousness, though, I think a move should be made if the offense doesn't wake up.

We're not going far if we can't put in more than 1 goal on MAF and his jitterbugs.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
  #11
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Brad Richards has looked like complete crap for over a week. I said it in the Game Thread, it doesn't matter who you bring in, if you have 7 million dollars of your cap either playing like crap or not playing at all, it is difficult to win consistently in this league.

Richards playing like crap + Wolski ~ 10.5 million in absolute crap the past couple of weeks.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
  #12
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,435
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Thread title compliments of Mr. Jonathan
TRAID STALL

TRAID THE CORPSE

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

I feel like I am on the FAN!

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
  #13
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,435
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Brad Richards has looked like complete crap for over a week. I said it in the Game Thread, it doesn't matter who you bring in, if you have 7 million dollars of your cap either playing like crap or not playing at all, it is difficult to win consistently in this league.

Richards playing like crap + Wolski ~ 10.5 million in absolute crap the past couple of weeks.
Richards needs to up his game. He needs someone else to play with, though. He's always had a legit sniper on his wing. I feel like he thinks he has to do more work himself (since we have no legit sniper that he's allowed to play with) and is just overcompensating and pressing. It's frustrating.

We need Cherry...

Bird Law is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
  #14
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,871
vCash: 500
we need to change the title and quick! plus they spelt Staal wrong

need a scoring winger, duuuurrrrrrrrrrr............it will happen eventually

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
  #15
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Richards needs to up his game. He needs someone else to play with, though. He's always had a legit sniper on his wing. I feel like he thinks he has to do more work himself (since we have no legit sniper that he's allowed to play with) and is just overcompensating and pressing. It's frustrating.

We need Cherry...
I know its a slightly different player, but God, when people say that, all I think about is the Gomez signing and how people clamored the same thing for his years as a Ranger.

So half a season into his 9 year contract, we are all agreeing that he is a complimentary player signed to about a 7 million dollar a year contract?

And Jon, this is not directed at you. Just decided to rant.

Back on topic, I REALLY wish Cherry had made it. Such a tragedy......

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:53 PM
  #16
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I know its a slightly different player, but God, when people say that, all I think about is the Gomez signing and how people clamored the same thing for his years as a Ranger.

So half a season into his 9 year contract, we are all agreeing that he is a complimentary player signed to about a 7 million dollar a year contract?

And Jon, this is not directed at you. Just decided to rant.

Back on topic, I REALLY wish Cherry had made it. Such a tragedy......
We all agree playing with Brandon ****ing Prust and John Mitchell isn't going to cut it.

He's a playmaker who stepped up as a goalscorer because we sucked at goalscoring. Now he's in a slump and there's nobody to help bust him out of it because Dubi and Cally, as much as I love them, are not Neal and Loui Eriksson.

If not for Richards, Cally would probably not be on pace for 30 goals. But because we all love Cally, we ignore that and just say Richards has sucked. We need somebody who can do 30 goals WITHOUT an elite playmaker, who can break that line out of a slump (and yes, Cally has been slumping offensively too) or else our offense is going to continue to be mediocre.

If we could do Dubi/Hags/whoever-Stepan-Gaborik and 30 goal scorer-Richards-Callahan, I bet you the 30 goal scorer is on pace to top his career highs.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
  #17
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
The reason he is playing with Prust is because he has been playing like crap. Torts didn't just move him around because he is playing well.

He has played with Gaborik, Dubisnky, Callahan, Hagelin, Prust, Mitchell and Fedotenko during his slump. Nothing has worked.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
  #18
Captain Monglobster
Registered User
 
Captain Monglobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
We need Cherry...
You said it man.

Captain Monglobster is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
  #19
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The reason he is playing with Prust is because he has been playing like crap. Torts didn't just move him around because he is playing well.

He has played with Gaborik, Dubisnky, Callahan, Hagelin, Prust, Mitchell and Fedotenko during his slump. Nothing has worked.
Hagelin, Prust, Mitchell and Fedotenko aren't exactly slump busters.

I agree with your point, because i'm saying the same thing. He's in a slump, and if we had another 30 goal scorer I doubt it would be this bad.

A cup contender needs more than one consistent 30 goal scorer.

Torts' benching and banishing to the 4th line isn't going to work when we have nobody who he can return on a line with when he starts playing better and light up the world. The offense is a serious problem.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
  #20
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,871
vCash: 500
I still say get balzy and see what a package around Anisimov can get.

package him with a 2nd plus Thomas or Zuccarello and teams will listen.

Has to be the right guy but I would pull the trigger.

In the end though its tough to find that perfect deal so guys like Whitney, Smyth, Hemsky, Rutuu make the most sense.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
  #21
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Hagelin, Prust, Mitchell and Fedotenko aren't exactly slump busters.

I agree with your point, because i'm saying the same thing. He's in a slump, and if we had another 30 goal scorer I doubt it would be this bad.

A cup contender needs more than one consistent 30 goal scorer.

Torts' benching and banishing to the 4th line isn't going to work when we have nobody who he can return on a line with when he starts playing better and light up the world. The offense is a serious problem.
But the Rangers should have, if all turns out alright, 4 20 goal scorers (Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov), a 30 goal scorer this season (Richards) and a 40 goal scoerer (Gaborik).

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
  #22
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 500
Staal, AA, Kreider, Wolski, 1st for Malkin

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
  #23
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
But the Rangers should have, if all turns out alright, 4 20 goal scorers (Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov), a 30 goal scorer this season (Richards) and a 40 goal scoerer (Gaborik).
I seriously hope they all turn it around since I only see one actually getting your predictions so far. (Cally)

lbrowne is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
  #24
PromNite
Cloud Strife
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Maybe it's time to try Richards with Gabby on the first line again...

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
  #25
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I seriously hope they all turn it around since I only see one actually getting your predictions so far. (Cally)
Gaborik is on pace for his as well.

Richards is not the only one struggling, but he was brought in to help these young guys get to the next level. The past 2 weeks or so, that has not been the case.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.