HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We're on Pace for Our 2nd Worst Season since 1948

Old
01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
larek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Gauthier was given a team that made round 3 in playoffs...

Now sunk it to the bottom of NHL.

AND we all sit scared as you know what , to see him with the power to trade away at deadline.

So what will be left?

Habs PP now dead last ,yet he paid 4.25 million to fix it .

Gauthier is closer to Houle than you think.
corey was the comander of the ship -Houle took the orders

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Dharvey33

We are drafting doug Wickeneiser

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
OneSharpMarble

*Gainey takes a dump on the floor and Gauthier has to clean it up*

Hfboards reaction = "FIRE GAUTHIER!!"

What a sad group.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

[QUOTE=OneSharpMarble;42770385]*Gainey takes a dump on the floor and Gauthier goes and rolls around in it. Then waves his arms frantically near a fan so everyone can 'get some.' QUOTE]
Fixed.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
It's sad because we DON'T have too too bad lineup...
You are what you are...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
*Gainey takes a dump on the floor and Gauthier has to clean it up*

Hfboards reaction = "FIRE GAUTHIER!!"

What a sad group.
not as sad you --all crybaby because the goat might be put out to pasture! Bizzare

icould see it if he had a real good history as a GM--thers nothing special about the old guy

Old
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
MJN79

Can someone tell the Sabres to not rain on our parade and stop losing games??????

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
not as sad you --all crybaby because the goat might be put out to pasture! Bizzare

icould see it if he had a real good history as a GM--thers nothing special about the old guy
Did you scrape together some ammo or are you going to babble about the same nonsensical ******** as usual?

"He traded superstar spacek for Kaberle!?!? OMG gauthier killed the future!"

"I can't believe Gauthier traded for Eller, he is so...white and errr Danish! Fire him!"

Cmon lets hear it already, i'm waiting to hear something of value out of you. I don't even like Gauthier, I really only want a good GM and so far PG has made no mistakes I can really say "Well PG ****ed that up, he should be fired"

Unlike you I actually need a reason to want someone gone, you just hate him and have a massive unsubstantiated against the guy. I dunno maybe he kicked your dog or something.

So yes keep crying about him, it is amusing watching you try desperatly to run him into the ground.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
As much as this sucks, it will suck even more if management continue to make short term gain moves. I heard tonight on TSN that we're in the market for a forward... why? I mean, why in the world would we even consider being buyers right now? It just makes no sense at all.
Someone is trying to save his job by still clinging at the very small hope that we will make the playoffs so he keep adding band aids thinking that it will fix this mess.

And we all know who

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
It's sad because we DON'T have too too bad lineup...
Actually ...

Pretty good lineup + high draft pick next season = oh yeah

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:44 PM
larek

Quote:
Did you scrape together some ammo or are you going to babble about the same nonsensical ******** as usual?

"He traded superstar spacek for Kaberle!?!? OMG gauthier killed the future!"

"I can't believe Gauthier traded for Eller, he is so...white and errr Danish! Fire him!"

Cmon lets hear it already, i'm waiting to hear something of value out of you. I don't even like Gauthier, I really only want a good GM and so far PG has made no mistakes I can really say "Well PG ****ed that up, he should be fired"

Unlike you I actually need a reason to want someone gone, you just hate him and have a massive unsubstantiated against the guy. I dunno maybe he kicked your dog or something.

So yes keep crying about him, it is amusing watching you try desperatly to run him into the ground.
give it a break and go play with your marbles- his record speaks for itself- crkpes you sound like habs would be firing pollock - if goat is let go he will dissapear into the night
and things will keep on keeping on -never heard such rabble over nothing

Old
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Undertakerqc

Fire Gauthier and Gainey... i think we can all agree on this, they killed our franchise

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Fire Gauthier and Gainey... i think we can all agree on this, they killed our franchise
not really sure the franchise hadmuch life to begin with but cripes how some can have such a woody for goat is bizzare-reallywhats he done thats brought the results - and the way he has handled things is embarrassing- never read such tripe

Old
01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
give it a break and go play with your marbles- his record speaks for itself- crkpes you sound like habs would be firing pollock - if goat is let go he will dissapear into the night
and things will keep on keeping on -never heard such rabble over nothing
Quote:
I don't even like Gauthier, I really only want a good GM and so far PG has made no mistakes I can really say "Well PG ****ed that up, he should be fired"
Yes THAT makes it seem like I think Gauthier is Pollock. How can I do anything but laugh at your posts?

Cmon I challenged you to bring something substantial against Gauthier, something with some meat.

"Play with your marbles" good work on that one

Old
01-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
As much as this sucks, it will suck even more if management continue to make short term gain moves. I heard tonight on TSN that we're in the market for a forward... why? I mean, why in the world would we even consider being buyers right now? It just makes no sense at all.
The writing is on the wall, and it was written by Jim Rutherford.

"For a Good time call Pierre at ..."

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:16 PM
larek

Quote:
Yes THAT makes it seem like I think Gauthier is Pollock. How can I do anything but laugh at your posts?

Cmon I challenged you to bring something substantial against Gauthier, something with some meat.

"Play with your marbles" good work on that one
come on did we need campoli??
did we need kaberle and his contrct? has he improved the PP?
did he need to fire martin to replace him with cunny?
did he need to apologize for cunny hiring?the pearn deal wasvery amateur the way it went down
eventhe way the cammydeal went was weird
is the teambetter with gauthier?
all of a sudden now habs need to get bigger??where was tht before?
even eller yes he shows some good stuff at times but its way to early to say how he turns out --being non proactive after the semi finals hurt this team ,babbling on all summerabout how good this team was even though they were outplayed through both series at times rather badly
the whole markov saga makes management look incompetent
heshould have offered gorges the 3 years at the time and 1 for markov
obviously he is trying to make the playoffs- have these moves gotten the team closer to that goal??
shoddy work by management

Last edited by larek: 01-19-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old
01-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Sundinftw

pierre mcguire for GM

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
come on did we need campoli?? Depth because he was under the impression Markov was coming back, couldn't see the future though, Ooops
did we need kaberle and his contrct? has he improved the PP? If we had a powerplay I am sure his passing would improve it. When you are dishing to the likes of weber and subban (who forgot how to shoot) I guess no the PP doesn't improve
did he need to fire martin to replace him with cunny? martin was stinking the joint up just as much, does it really matter? martin wasn't the guy, good to get rid of him asap
did he need to apologize for cunny hiring?the pearn deal wasvery amateur the way it went down When you have a million frothing fan boys like those on these boards you kinda wanna placate the masses once in awhile. This really has nothing to do with how the team is playing.
eventhe way the cammydeal went was weird Uhhh who cares?
is the teambetter with gauthier? Umm do you want him on the ice or something? WTF do you expect him to do exactly, trade Gill for Crosby? You do understand that when you are locked into massive unmovable contracts you don't have a pile of flexibility right?
all of a sudden now habs need to get bigger??where was tht before? This is the first time Gauthier has had a chance to truly clean house. If the spazs are freaking out now about his moves how would it have looked if he started dismantling the team after Halaks run?
even eller yes he shows some good stuff at times but its way to early to say how he turns out --being non proactive after the semi finals hurt this team ,babbling on all summerabout how good this team was even though they were outplayed through both series at times rather badly I don't really know what this is. I think I addressed it one up.
the whole markov saga makes management look incompitent He was told by doctors Markov would be ready, his moves indicate that was the imprression he was under. WTF would you have done if someone said "Markov will be ready early in the season" Would have said "**** signing one of the best dmen in the league im gonna roll the dice on a random UFA! "
I am really curious what people expected from PG, he was given a set team that had massive unmovable contracts. Then when those players massively underperformed people expected him to just flip them for superstars and turn the team around in a week.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:35 PM
larek

Quote:
I am really curious what people expected from PG, he was given a set team that had massive unmovable contracts. Then when those players massively underperformed people expected him to just flip them for superstars and turn the team around in a week.
and you probably were thumbs up when gaineymade those moves _-
you dont think gauthier had any input being head of pro scouting at the time
obvious by your replies to my points that your more stubborn than my mother in law
excuses for every single thing--chances arevery good that gauthier will not be running this ship long term
and really thats the best for this org--get rid of all management- time for something different

Last edited by larek: 01-19-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old
01-19-2012, 11:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
and you probably were thumbs up when gaineymade those moves _- YES, I am widely known/blocked around these boards because I am a very big gainey supporter. That man was my hero.

you dont think gauthier had any input being head of pro scouting at the time I don't know if he did or didn't, by the look of all his moves they are almost night and day to gaineys moves so I am going to say he didn't. If he did say "bob that is a stupid move" and bob just ignored him what would you expect his reply to be? *Shotgun blast to the face?* Gainey was in charge, wtf could Gauthier do?

obvious by your replies to my points that your more stubborn than my mother in law
excuses for every single thing Excuses? nah this is common sense.
Like I said bring me something to hang the guy with and I will agree but all you have is Kaberle and honestly if he was our biggest problem we wouldn't need a overhaul of the team.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
larek

Quote:
Like I said bring me something to hang the guy with and I will agree but all you have is Kaberle and honestly if he was our biggest problem we wouldn't need a overhaul of the team.
lets just see how long he lasts --you going to hire him when he is available?? no one else will not as a gm

you think he will be high on teams lists after his stint in montreal??

Old
01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm surprised that the 97/98 team had a poor home record. That was the year of the corson-koivu-recchi line. While that team was flawed, I thought they were fun to watch.

It was a nice mix of sandpaper (corson, manson, quintal, thornton, stevenson, Rivet, ulanov, and vukota (although he wasnt much of a player), and talent (Damphousse, Koivu, Recchi, Rucinsky, Malakhov, Richer, Savage).

Some of those guys were crossovers into both categories. Ultimately, they lost to the red hot goaltending of dominik hasek in the 2nd round, but I think that team could have made a memorable run had they got some strong goaltending. I mean, moog did well but he was at the end of his career, and thibault simply flopped. Nobody was going to beat the red wings that year, though.

Heh, the AV/Dave King era... about 14 years ago... cant believe how time flies

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:29 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
lets just see how long he lasts --you going to hire him when he is available?? no one else will not as a gm

you think he will be high on teams lists after his stint in montreal??
I dunno we will see after his stint in Montreal. If he maximizes value and turns the team around quickly why would we fire him? Neither of us knows what is going to happen but so far he is taking very decent steps to the future.

His signings have been good, his trades have been decent and his contracts have been reasonable given the circumstances. Everyone wanted bigger players and he is doing it, after years of *****ing at gainey the habs are FINALLY getting bigger.

IMO the team is moving in the right direction, if that changes I will be right there beside you howling for blood lol

Old
01-20-2012, 12:36 AM
larek

Quote:
I dunno we will see after his stint in Montreal. If he maximizes value and turns the team around quickly why would we fire him? Neither of us knows what is going to happen but so far he is taking very decent steps to the future.

His signings have been good, his trades have been decent and his contracts have been reasonable given the circumstances. Everyone wanted bigger players and he is doing it, after years of *****ing at gainey the habs are FINALLY getting bigger.

IMO the team is moving in the right direction, if that changes I will be right there beside you howling for blood lol
we see things a bit differently - i reallydont think gauthier will be in montreal long term but thats justmy opinion

Old
01-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Kirk Muller

Its actually a much needed embarrassment for this franchise. Hopefully so embarrassing we actually see a different movement instead of guys continuing on with the failed past. Maybe for once we can bring in a guy with a new attitude to the type of team they build instead of the passive, pathetic defense to the soft, speedy, supposedly skilled forwards (but lets not forget other teams have bigger more skilled forwards) who are forced to play defensive hockey we have seen for 15 years now. This team is classic round hole, square peg.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote