HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

+/- Pens v Rags . . . Pens Spank a Good Team

Old
01-19-2012, 11:20 PM
SirBrad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I didn't notice him at all tonight.

I also didn't notice Callahan, Gaborik, Richards...

What would have made tonight perfect though was someone breaking Dubinski's face. I honestly hate him more than Hartnell.
I only noticed Rupp when he got into it with Kunitz and Malkin I believe.

Definitely did not notice Richards all night.

And yes I'd like to see someone smash that peckerhead Dubinsky's face in. He looks like a little girl.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:24 PM
SEALBound

Heres what i take away from tonights game...

Malkin was a beast and is saving this team right now.

Fleury won this game for us. We didnt beat the Rags, Fleury beat King Henry. Had it not been for him...would have been nasty.

Letang being back is huuuge...beyond huge. End of story.

Nice to have an asset like Jeffery. Important to have him back with all the injuries.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:32 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Big big win. Just a huge sixty minute effort. Only one plus to me...

+ 71,29,58: Three absolute stars of the league played like stars tonight. Those three played so damn well. I underestimate just how much letang helps this team. The guy was great tonight. And geno.... Wha a ****ing treat. Wow.

Kudos to the pens for a huuuuuuge win.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Dylonus

+ Flower. If he has any haters left, they need to shove it up their ass. He's been nothing short of amazing this year. All the haters who blasted him in the past have no room to talk. He's an elite goalie, plain and simple. Anyone overlooking the difference he made tonight either hates MAF, or doesn't pay attention to this game too well.

There isn't a trade offer you could make me right now to give Flower up. His importance to this team is so underrated.

+ Geno. Need I explain?

+ Letang. Oh boy, did he ever make up for some of the issues we've had. I missed Letang so much [/mancrush]

+ Team aggression. Two weeks ago, this team needed a speech from Therrien. Fast forwards two weeks, and you have a team that is looking like the 2009 Cup team. These last 4 wins have been an aggressive Penguins team. Tonight they showed no mercy by all means against a team they needed to show it against. That aggression was what won this game tonight. No one backed down, not even Martin

- Tangradi. The hell are you doing kid? That fight was good... for the Rangers Otherwise he was sloppy as hell. How do you show one game (Florida) that you deserve top 6 minutes, then show up tonight like you deserve to go back to WBS? The hell?

- Martin. Dear God, this dude could drive me to drink. I can't fault Shero for this one, because let's be honest, this had us all fooled; Martin is barely average. We got stuck with a bad contract. There's no excusing Martin anymore. Back to back games he's got an open chance in the slot and can't bury it. He was the reason for the long goal against tonight (Another pinch ) and would have been the fault for another if Ruslan Fedosucko didn't screw up. At least he showed he has a pair by standing up for MAF, until he stopped trying to defend him when Fleury easily convinced him to back down

- Bylsma (regarding Letang). I know we needed him back, but 25 minutes? He should have never played more than 16 tonight. Don't over exert him already. We don't have Despres available to play if he has headaches. I know it was a big game, but tomorrow we play a beaten and weaker Montreal. If Letang plays 25 again he will regret it. Play him no more than 17-18 and let him use that 25 or so for Sunday in Washington.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:37 PM
ColdStare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I only noticed Rupp when he got into it with Kunitz and Malkin I believe.

Definitely did not notice Richards all night.

And yes I'd like to see someone smash that peckerhead Dubinsky's face in. He looks like a little girl.
The level of hate that I have for this pr*ck is unhealthy. My blood boils whenever he is on the ice. Of course tonight, he is able to get a free punch at Malkin's face with no penalty or punishment from any of the Pens.

ColdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

+ "Not my two points, it two points team important right now." - Geno post game. His line about his backhand 'no good somtime' was pretty great too.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStare View Post
The level of hate that I have for this pr*ck is unhealthy. My blood boils whenever he is on the ice. Of course tonight, he is able to get a free punch at Malkin's face with no penalty or punishment from any of the Pens.

Same here... The best part about him is every chance he gets he comments on Crosby and how all he does is whine and what not.

So basically, it's fun to listen to Dubinsky WHINE about Crosby

Old
01-20-2012, 12:08 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Same here... The best part about him is every chance he gets he comments on Crosby and how all he does is whine and what not.

It's kind of funny because he's all the things (and worse) that Rags fans supposedly hate about Crosby.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
+ "Not my two points, it two points team important right now." - Geno post game. His line about his backhand 'no good somtime' was pretty great too.
This is great. Geno is all about the team and winning. Not that he wasn't before. But I love that quote and this is 2 days after he laid out on on the ice to block that shot to keep the game 1-1 yesterday and send it to OT. He's really stepping up as a leader.

Damn, that first line of Geno, Kunitz and Neal. You cannot break that up until the playoffs are over. Gonna have to find soneone else for Sid and Dupuis when the time comes.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
It's kind of funny because he's all the things (and worse) that Rags fans supposedly hate about Crosby.
I know, right?

Old
01-20-2012, 12:34 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStare View Post

That right there was my biggest disappointment of the night, along with Engo not doing anything to Prust for falling into Fleury right at the end. Let's not forget, he also pushed Martin into Fleury in the first period. That would have been a perfect time, with a three goal lead and less than a minute left to get a few nice shots in.

Dubinsky looks like the punk/jerk rich kid in any number of 80's comedies who's dating the hot girl who only realizes at the end of the movie what a loser he is. He just has that face and that hair that makes me want to skate over it. I can soooo see that little ***** wearing the sleeves of a sweater around his neck with white shorts and a t-shirt as he prepares for a tennis match.

This sums up Dubinsky in one clip. "I'm a selective tough guy, so **** you for hitting me...oh **** it's Bieksa I'm dead please God give me the strength to hug really really hard"

MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:08 AM
FDBluth

Malkin is easily the best player in the league right now.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
Malkin is easily the best player in the universe right now.
FTFY, and yessir.

Coach John McGuirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

This game looked a lot like the last game we played against the Rags, only this time they didn't have a horseshoe wedged you know where.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:12 AM
AndreasSwede

Carl Hagelin

I Thought Carl Hagelin looked really sharp for the Rags. This guy on Genos or Sid wing would be great

AndreasSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Awesome win for the Pens against a winning team.

Pluses for everyone, they played extremely well even in the face of adversity.

Plus, my GDT is done. I hate back to back games and doing the second. You get no time to prepare for a lot of stuff.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
- Martin. Dear God, this dude could drive me to drink. I can't fault Shero for this one, because let's be honest, this had us all fooled; Martin is barely average. We got stuck with a bad contract. There's no excusing Martin anymore. Back to back games he's got an open chance in the slot and can't bury it. He was the reason for the long goal against tonight (Another pinch ) and would have been the fault for another if Ruslan Fedosucko didn't screw up. At least he showed he has a pair by standing up for MAF, until he stopped trying to defend him when Fleury easily convinced him to back down
This right here seems like hating a player just to hate him. Martin had a good game last night. The play on Feds was bad, but he was good to very good the rest of the night. Of course he pinched, that's what our D are supposed to do. Did you see when he pinched and we scored that goal? That was pretty cool wasn't it? Remember when Engo went in and we scored a goal? That was pretty cool too. That's how our system is designed for the D. They are just supposed to have support from the forwards. That long goal is on the forwards at least as much as its on Martin even though it was really just a poorly timed change.

Quote:
- Bylsma (regarding Letang). I know we needed him back, but 25 minutes? He should have never played more than 16 tonight. Don't over exert him already. We don't have Despres available to play if he has headaches. I know it was a big game, but tomorrow we play a beaten and weaker Montreal. If Letang plays 25 again he will regret it. Play him no more than 17-18 and let him use that 25 or so for Sunday in Washington.
He didn't miss all that long. This kid is a horse he can handle his minutes. I have no doubt that Tanger knows how much exertion he is capable of right now.

I agree with everything else you wrote. Especially Tangradi.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I thought Queen Henry made MAF look like he was wearing a velcro suit tonight.

I have no idea how many bad angle shots he just kicked out into the slot, but it was a lot.
Thats something teams never try against him. He can really be directed around. I guess the Rangers hyper style of defense doesn't really give teams time to set up.

+ Another plus from me for that long pass. Caught the Rangers agressive style a number of times last night.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Malkin is in beast mode again. I dread when he cools off though. We'll obviously hit another losing skid when that happens since he and Neal are basically carrying the offense this year. Hopefully Crosby and Staal can get back by then and provide some legitimate scoring depth.

It's obviously a + to get Letang back as well. He's a machine back there.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Malkin is in beast mode again. I dread when he cools off though. We'll obviously hit another losing skid when that happens since he and Neal are basically carrying the offense this year. Hopefully Crosby and Staal can get back by then and provide some legitimate scoring depth.

It's obviously a + to get Letang back as well. He's a machine back there.
the deadline is just over a month away too. We may have some new scoring depth by then.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Boocock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
And one pretty timely goal, if memory serves . . .
He also set up Staal beautifully during Game 5 against the Caps.

Starts at 1:53.

Boocock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Saving Greiss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
pucks1

Malkin is a beast! What happends when Sid comes back? i cant see Dan breaking up this 1rst line. Malkin has earned his wingers

pucks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1 View Post
Malkin is a beast! What happends when Sid comes back? i cant see Dan breaking up this 1rst line. Malkin has earned his wingers
Not sure what this means, could you explain it? Has Crosby not "earned his wingers" when he plays?

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Not sure what this means, could you explain it? Has Crosby not "earned his wingers" when he plays?
I think he means with the way Malkin has been playing, he deserves to keep the wingers that are allowing him to produce like he has been. Don't rock the boat so to speak.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote