HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Campoli only netted a second last year and had a hard time getting a contract this year after blowing chicagos playoffs on a bad turn over.

Gionta is worth a first but needs to go to the right team because he is not a rental.

Anyone else unsure.
Campoli was late getting a contract because he was a RFA that Chicago walked away from the arbitration...much like Toronto/Atlanta with MacArthur. Why can nobody process that?

Old
01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Campoli was late getting a contract because he was a RFA that Chicago walked away from the arbitration...much like Toronto/Atlanta with MacArthur. Why can nobody process that?
Chicago walked away because he wanted too much money.

Edit: you don't think a team trading a higher pic for a young RFA and letting him walk is considered not having contract problems?

Old
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I would like to make a serious pitch to acquire a pick we can use to draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and with our 2nd rounder, I would like to see us go for Tanner Pearson
I also like Pearson. He seems to be a legitimate late bloomer, he added a lot of height and weight way later than is usual. Not sure that he's a typical Timmins pick, I didn't think his skating was an asset in the WJC, but I like his intelligence and jam.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/index....n-matteau.html

Quote:
The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Matteau is a prototypical power forward with the U.S. National Team Development Program, playing alongside many of the top prospects the country has to offer. But it’s Matteau that leads the NTDP in points with 23 (10 goals, 13 assists) and penalty minutes (110) in 30 games.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I also like Pearson. He seems to be a legitimate late bloomer, he added a lot of height and weight way later than is usual. Not sure that he's a typical Timmins pick, I didn't think his skating was an asset in the WJC, but I like his intelligence and jam.
I hated Pearson when I saw him with the Colts a few years ago and I didn't like him in the main WJC camp. Last season he started "getting it" in terms of hockey sense. It was shocking tbh. Like a different person. And the chemistry with Scheifele was amazing and it showed as the games went on in the WJC.

He's someone I'd pick no higher than in the 3rd round as I think he won't be more than a solid grinder at the NHL level, but I firmly believe he'll be a 2nd round pick based on the WJC.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:11 PM
lou4gehrig

I just saw Gaunce moving up in the ISS rankings. Number 7 now with Grigorenko number 1. He's 6-2, 210. Is this the franchise center we're looking for?

Old
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I just saw Gaunce moving up in the ISS rankings. Number 7 now with Grigorenko number 1. He's 6-2, 210. Is this the franchise center we're looking for?
Grigorenko, yes.
Gaunce, no.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Gaunce is a huge question mark imo. He could turn into a mini-Getzlaf or a Chipchura.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:45 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i tweeted this Video of Galchenyuk and got a RT by him and checked his timeline and he's RT bunch of habs related stuff and replying with fans wich is pretty cool. Look like a good kid. Of course he's injured so he's not as busy as others so he can waste his time on twitter lol

Old
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i tweeted this Video of Galchenyuk and got a RT by him and checked his timeline and he's RT bunch of habs related stuff and replying with fans wich is pretty cool. Look like a good kid. Of course he's injured so he's not as busy as others so he can waste his time on twitter lol
He's retweeting habs stuff!!!!! Does he has stuff from other teams or just the habs? Maybe God is making us have a terrible season just so we get Galchenyuk. DESTINY

Old
01-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
His wrist shot and release is absolutely amazing!

Old
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Red Line forward rankings...

1-Yakupv 2-Forsberg 3-Grigorenko 8-Aberg 9-Galchenyuk 12-Collberg 22-Digiuseppe 25-Kosmanchuk 26-Gaunce 28-Frk 29-Samuelsson 30-Teravainen

Old
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I really hope something can be done by our GM and land us an extra 1st rounder. That would be sweet

Old
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
He's retweeting habs stuff!!!!! Does he has stuff from other teams or just the habs? Maybe God is making us have a terrible season just so we get Galchenyuk. DESTINY
LOL it's not about the Habs. He's just re-tweeting stuff like "Scored more goals than Ovi in the game" + someone "watching a highlight video of him"

Old
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I really hope something can be done by our GM and land us an extra 1st rounder. That would be sweet
If we can get an extra 2nd I'm sure we could trade up from 32-37 to 21-24 by adding another 2nd or 3rd depending on if there is somebody we want.

If we don't draft top 2 and can't reasonably trade up, Forsberg sounds like a nice package of skill and decent size.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
I don't normally value draft picks too much, but this looks like a pretty impressive crop.
I agree.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
If we can get an extra 2nd I'm sure we could trade up from 32-37 to 21-24 by adding another 2nd or 3rd depending on if there is somebody we want.

If we don't draft top 2 and can't reasonably trade up, Forsberg sounds like a nice package of skill and decent size.
I know we could move up but I don't want that, we have players to trade away and if by any chance we could land another 1st it would be awesome

Old
01-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I know we could move up but I don't want that, we have players to trade away and if by any chance we could land another 1st it would be awesome
I think our best chance at another 1st is for AK to go on a tear.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I think our best chance at another 1st is for AK to go on a tear.
That's the player I was thinking about. If Gauthier is in charge by then(hopefully not) he better push for it. I think it's possible

Old
01-20-2012, 12:42 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Meh i would try to get a 2013 first pick before a 2012 first. First round is not very deep imo, 2013 is looking like the best draft since 2003 as of now

Old
01-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Meh i would try to get a 2013 first pick before a 2012 first. First round is not very deep imo, 2013 is looking like the best draft since 2003 as of now
The 2012 draft looks great if you need a defenceman though.

I really, really like the D that will be available.

Hopefully for that lets some forwards fall to us though.

I look at the draft and see it very strong in a position where we have a ton of young guys, both in the NHL and in the system.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:18 AM
NewHabsEra*

If you look at the standing and take a look at the team below the habs, I expect the Canes to win a couple with Skinner back in the line-up.. I expect the Bolts to win their share of games, Anaheim are on a hot streak, hopefully they keep playing good hockey and the Oilers may start to win again with their injured guys coming back.. So a top 2 pick isnt out of question at this point if Gauthier has enough balls to become a seller.. I heard Columbus was effraid to draft another Russian and after the last draft Oilers' GM said they were now planning to revamp their D core.. So, there is still some chances to work a deal if we end bottom 5..

Old
01-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Beakermania*

I agree the only team that I really see us as a sure thing to finish ahead of is Columbus. I could see us anywhere from like 20th to 29th, with lower being better obviously.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:42 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
If you look at the standing and take a look at the team below the habs, I expect the Canes to win a couple with Skinner back in the line-up.. I expect the Bolts to win their share of games, Anaheim are on a hot streak, hopefully they keep playing good hockey and the Oilers may start to win again with their injured guys coming back.. So a top 2 pick isnt out of question at this point if Gauthier has enough balls to become a seller.. I heard Columbus was effraid to draft another Russian and after the last draft Oilers' GM said they were now planning to revamp their D core.. So, there is still some chances to work a deal if we end bottom 5..
It's a lottery guys but if Edmonton gets their guy it will be Dumba.Montreal could end up 3rd from last from where I'm sitting that's not a bad bet.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Why would Gauthier need "balls" to become a seller? It's the logical moves at this point.

Closed Thread