HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're on Pace for Our 2nd Worst Season since 1948

Old
01-20-2012, 02:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
who did we draft in 1949?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
Mathieu Darche's grandfather.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:01 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Fire Gauthier and Gainey... i think we can all agree on this, they killed our franchise
Gainey relocated the Nordiques?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1085233
With a thread like that you can't possibly think anyone here considers you a Habs fan.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:59 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Just throwing that out there...

Maybe Gauthier IS tanking, or at least considering it. You know not to the point of purposely throwing out games but with a team with a compete level so low you have to wonder. Still I'm confident he'll be a seller, he's already started with Cammy (without damaging the team too much however).

I don't think he'll admit it if he wants to, its not to his advantage to declare forfeit for the playoffs already. Anyone with half a brain knows the team won't make the POs however and Gauthier knows it. I know some people think he's dimwitted, but he's not. I'm sure he understands statistics and has access to many of these, including playoff chances.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
who did we draft in 1949?
Well you mean 1948. If our top 1929/30 birth player was a draft pick I'd say our 1st rounder was Dollard St. Laurent haha (2nd rounder-Paul Meger, 3rd rounder-Eddie Mazur, 4th-Ernie Roche, 5th-Rollie Rousseau, 6th-Frank King, 7th-Bert Hirschfield). Now 1949? That would've been sick! (1st-Jean Beliveau, 2nd-Bernie Geoffrion, 3rd-Dickie Moore, 4th-Paul Masnick, 5th-Lorne Davis, 6th-Fred "Skippy" Burchell, 7th-Reg Abbott). I love doing hypotheticals

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:04 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Just throwing that out there...

Maybe Gauthier IS tanking, or at least considering it. You know not to the point of purposely throwing out games but with a team with a compete level so low you have to wonder. Still I'm confident he'll be a seller, he's already started with Cammy (without damaging the team too much however).

I don't think he'll admit it if he wants to, its not to his advantage to declare forfeit for the playoffs already. Anyone with half a brain knows the team won't make the POs however and Gauthier knows it. I know some people think he's dimwitted, but he's not. I'm sure he understands statistics and has access to many of these, including playoff chances.
The timing is impeccable this draft and the next are really deep,the Habs have a chance to move some veterans like Ottawa did and reboot.The prospects will give the Habs choices to bring some rookies in again next season and pick through the UFA's.It's like Christmas all over and the Habs can pick one of the best presents.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Miller Time

sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before accepting that you need a drastic change...

while the writing has been on the walls for a long time now, maybe... hopefully... this embarrassing year is the tipping point that convinces ownership that the Gainey/Gauthier regime is a failure, and that their influence needs to be extricated from the franchise and replaced with more capable leadership to take the organization back towards the direction of excellence instead of mediocrity.

worrisome part is that Molson's leadership thus far doesn't point to an individual with a strong sense of what excellence is/looks like, so there is a very real risk that he gets the next hiring wrong, which would just prolong the misery even further.

next 6-7 months will be instrumental in setting the tone/direction for the next few years, my fingers are crossed i hope you are all doing the same!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:51 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

In all honesty guys, who do you see who could replace Gauthier? Does the team look for a GM with past ties to the team or do they try and get a seasoned GM/Asst GM from another club? I would want a new GM sooner rather than later so that he has time to assess the situation before the trade deadline. I just don't have any faith in PG. Never did to be honest.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Ubercron9000

All you have to see is the philidelphia flyers. |They traded Richards and carter and look at where they are today. You have to make proactive moves to insure a future for your team. Good prospects and draft picks. The Rivet trade was the best gainey did. The reason was he got a serviceable young player right away in Josh Gorges and a 1st round pick that ended up being max pac.

I realise you can't do that all the time. Sometimes you have to be proactive with your players and make trades that help the team. Again look at the flyers. They got decent returns but they are playing well.

We need a GM that has a vision. We need one now while max, subbs and price are young.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Won't deny it. We are pretty bad lol. Thank god my 49ers are in the parade. Gives me something to follow. There's also the MLS debut of the Impact that gets pretty exciting.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:10 AM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Fire Gauthier and Gainey... i think we can all agree on this, they killed our franchise
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Gainey relocated the Nordiques?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1085233
With a thread like that you can't possibly think anyone here considers you a Habs fan.
Yep, he's a phony. Theres nothing worse than someone who cheers for his teams greatest rival after they leave town. Its like if Montreal left and we all became Bruins fans. There are a ton of closet Nordique fans who do nothing but aimlessly bash the Habs because their jealously towards the team itself. Patofqc should have cheered for the Avs, but instead he became a fake fan.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
sukimono

We haven't drafted any elite forward since 1971. Don't you think the time has come ?

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote