HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
But the Rangers should have, if all turns out alright, 4 20 goal scorers (Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov), a 30 goal scorer this season (Richards) and a 40 goal scoerer (Gaborik).
Stepan plays on a different line and putting him and Gabby with Richie destroys any offensive depth we've had.

With Gaborik, it's either Stepan or Richie. Gabby has been struggling to pot goals but he's been making some good passes that have led to goals. He's in a goal scoring slump but he's been productive. But yes, he should score 40 goals.

Richie himself has only put up 30 goals once (even then, it was 28 but he missed 10 games so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt) and that was playing with Loui Eriksson, one of the most underrated players in the league.

Anisimov has just been in an offensive slump, don't know what's up with him.

We have one guy who's a consistent 30 goal scorer in Gaborik. Couple this with a ****** powerplay and we need an upgrade on offense.

Quote:
Quote:
Gaborik is on pace for his as well.

Richards is not the only one struggling, but he was brought in to help these young guys get to the next level. The past 2 weeks or so, that has not been the case.
Yes, because he's in a slump. But before that he was a huge reason in helping Cally become a 60 point player.

The problem is we have nobody on his line who can help lift the offense significantly while he's in a big slump.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:24 PM
GregSirico

Top 6 forward

I still think we need a top 6 forward ... When Torts said the team was playing well despite having talent ... he wasn't far off. We are probably on most nights the toughest, smartest, hardest working team in the league ... but to take that next step we need more firepower .... it will also take the pressure off the offensive talent we do have.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Vitto79

talk to Selanne and Koivu about coming to NY for a run at the cup.............hey ya never know

Old
01-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Dorado*

Face reality 62 PTS or not this is a flawed team with a brutal power play and no consistent scoring . The common fabric o this tram has been good team defense . Players are going to have mental breakdowns leading to goals against but it doesn't matter if you only give up 2 god forbid three goals against if you can't score one more .
Perhaps a bit of a fall back to the pack will for e the rangers into making a few changes

Old
01-19-2012, 09:35 PM
CHS

We're seriously kidding ourselves if we're saying that Richards has been in a slump for 2 weeks. Pointwise, yes, but apart from his game winning goals im very underwhelmed with his entire play this season. In the beginning it was talk about letting him settle in - getting to know the city and his linemates. I'm still waiting...

I won't go inte details about his play here (check my post from today in the Richards thread) and I do think he's had a positive impact on this team. I'm sure he's had a thing or two to teach the younger players and he provides leadership. The question is are we getting our money worth for 6.5 million a year? Not from what he's shown this season, that's for sure. With a 9 year contract I pray to God this isn't another Drury/Gomez/Redden. I am however not liking the early indications.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
talk to Selanne and Koivu about coming to NY for a run at the cup.............hey ya never know
i like this idea.

one can't really blame sather right now though. his drafting has been amazing.

if only cherapanov was still around =( this team would be complete.

rip cherry.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Richards is not the only one struggling, but he was brought in to help these young guys get to the next level. The past 2 weeks or so, that has not been the case.

A little HBO hangover before the All Star Game. I like seeing them win, I also don't think they need to gangbusters hot all season long. That's not realistic.

Love the idea of adding another bona fide scorer, but I'm more concerned about the young blue line getting tapped out with the amount of games it takes to make it deep.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Selanne would be perfect. His team is looking at the lottery and he's on a one year deal so there's no commitment past this season. Plus he's still a sniper. Seriously he has more pts than any of our guys this season...

Old
01-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
i like this idea.

one can't really blame sather right now though. his drafting has been amazing.

if only cherapanov was still around =( this team would be complete.

rip cherry.
what type of player was he? if u could give a comparison? Was in 7th grade when it happened and all I knew was that he was guy we drafted who was supposed to be good

Old
01-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
what type of player was he? if u could give a comparison? Was in 7th grade when it happened and all I knew was that he was guy we drafted who was supposed to be good
Not quite Malkin or AO... Think Alexander Semin... production wise.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Cherepanov had 80-90 point potential. That's how good he was...

Old
01-19-2012, 10:29 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Not quite Malkin or AO... Think Alexander Semin... production wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Cherepanov had 80-90 point potential. That's how good he was...
Eh... there's really no way to say that authoritatively. He was skilled. NHL game and the desire to play to your potential are both big factors. He most likely would be putting up 60+ points this year though which would be a huge impact.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:36 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

I had an hallucination that I woke up on January 22nd and Vaclav Prospal was a Ranger. Something about conditional picks depending upon how far the Rangers go in the playoffs.....

Old
01-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

go get me bobby ryan.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

You misspeeled trade

Old
01-20-2012, 04:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
For this must be understood: Even in a conference where every team other than the defending Cup champion Bruins appears pock-mocked with deficiencies, even if the Rangers could be one player away from a trip to the Eastern finals, that does not equate to being One Player Away.

There is no single individual out there whose acquisition would install the Blueshirts as an odds-on choice to advance through two rounds, let alone three, much less win the Cup; not Rick Nash, not Shea Weber, not Ryan Sutter and not Bobby Ryan.

There is no individual whose acquisition is worth dismantling the program. Long ago and in a galaxy far away everyone thought it the wise decision to tear up an evolving core by shipping Pat Hickey, Mike McEwen, Lucien DeBlois and Mario Marois — all significant components in the trip to the 1979 Cup Final — to Colorado for Barry Beck. It wasn’t the wise move at all.

This is not the time for a blockbuster; this is not the time for the GM to seek a shortcut through the building process.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1jzi0P65j

I have mentioned the Beck trade before. McEwen went on to get his rings with the Islanders. The Rangers players resented Beck who they didn't like very much. Marois wasn't part of the Beck trade.

Everyone including Dolan knows its a process. That's the gist of the Brooks column.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:53 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers were in Columbus last for BJs-Nashville

Quote:
Other scouts from Chicago, Winnipeg, Los Angeles and NY Rangers.
http://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/sta...78732638801922

They didn't see much from Columbus. They lose 3-0.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
The reason he is playing with Prust is because he has been playing like crap. Torts didn't just move him around because he is playing well.

He has played with Gaborik, Dubisnky, Callahan, Hagelin, Prust, Mitchell and Fedotenko during his slump. Nothing has worked.
Well, I agree that Richard hasn't been a success this far, but still he's 2nd after Gaborik in total points, 2nd on the team in scoring. Yeah, he's making 7 million and I would like him to contribute more, but it's not like he's been awful.

And I can't see why all focus is on him, when for example Dubinsky has 5 goals and a 4.2 million contract?
A lot of player are doing a lot worse in scoring this year comparing to last year.

Dubinsky had 24 goals in 77 games last year. On pace for 9 in 77 g
Boyle had 21 goals in 82 games. On pace for 5
Prust had 13 goals in 82 games. On pace for 3
Anisimov had 18 goals in 82 games. On pace for 13

Richards had 28 goals in 72 games. On pace for 24

Stats wise Richard isn't doing that bad, what's bothering me is that he hasn't been running the PP as well (at all) as I would have hoped.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:39 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Well, I agree that Richard hasn't been a success this far, but still he's 2nd after Gaborik in total points, 2nd on the team in scoring. Yeah, he's making 7 million and I would like him to contribute more, but it's not like he's been awful.

And I can't see why all focus is on him, when for example Dubinsky has 5 goals and a 4.2 million contract?
A lot of player are doing a lot worse in scoring this year comparing to last year.

Dubinsky had 24 goals in 77 games last year. On pace for 9 in 77 g
Boyle had 21 goals in 82 games. On pace for 5
Prust had 13 goals in 82 games. On pace for 3
Anisimov had 18 goals in 82 games. On pace for 13

Richards had 28 goals in 72 games. On pace for 24

Stats wise Richard isn't doing that bad, what's bothering me is that he hasn't been running the PP as well (at all) as I would have hoped.
First - Richards salary this year is 12 million, not 7 million. Quite a difference. He has the highest salary in the league this year. Period. His cap hit is lower (6,7 M) only because he got a deal so long to lower it (he will not play out his final 2-3 years) which was possible as a loophole in the CBA.
He has been wildly inconsistent this year. Putting up some pretty nice clutch goals and some fine play at times combined with mediocre and slow, uninspired periods. He is by no means a superstar in the league right now and to be the leagues highest played player - well - you gotta expect more. A lot more. I think we have seen at least one player on each team we have faced that has a more dominating role on the ice. Sad to say. For example - compare him & Malkin last night. Two different universes of level & performance.
He is smart but not dominant. His skating is far below what I thought I had seen before. His shot is pretty good - if he decides to hit the net (not always the case). He combines good passing with periods of senseless, abysmal giveaways. He was brought in to QB the powerplay and well - that has basically been a catastrophe so far.
He seems very frustrated at the moment. This is not a good thing. Can he raise his level of play. I hope & think so. His mentor role is a good thing - but we cannot pay this kind of money to mentor young players. Heck - we could have resigned Jagr for that...
He definitely needs some talent (sniper) on his flanks. Prust/Mitchell/Feds are not elite wing talent. Totally agree here. I would go back to putting him with Gaborik (and Hagelin) on a first line. I think this could work amicably and they could dominate for longer periods. Patience. BTW - Hagelin has been our best forward the past 5-6 games now in overall play imo. Reunite the Pack line as a checking line (that can also contribute offensively) matching up against other teams top units and maybe try Wolski - Stepan - Feds (or MZA) on a 3rd line with a more offensive role (play against other teams 3rd line). I think they could contribute considerable points (this line was good last year in spurts). Rupp/Mitchell - Boyle - Prust back on the 4th line where they belong - but getting more minutes than in Torts usual 4th line strategy - in an important defensive role (a 2nd checking line).
If this doesn´t work - well then look at making a trade with not maybe dealing any core players but something. Which might not be that easy since if you are not willing to give up anything - what are you gonna get? Which I think we should make at the deadline nonetheless (not any blockbusters but getting some important yet rolefilling pieces compensating obvious holes).
But anyone now saying that Brad Richards play has been up to expectations and isn´t doing bad so far is simply lying to themselves. Or has an extremely flawed perception of what production & reward is about.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Sticky Fingers

BBKers

Yeah, true about the salary. But the salary doesn't really matter as much as the cap hit, not to NYR anyway. However, Richard has been playing under expectations, without a doubt. Still I don't think he's been as bad as many point him out to be. What I'm saying is that a lot of players are playing under expectations and need to step up their game. If we get the PP running and Richard a part of it, we'll be all good and happy campers!

Old
01-20-2012, 06:24 AM
racer90

richards got the game winner in the WC so that should buy him a little more slack.

trading Staal? seriously? I would think he should get more time before he gets written off as trade bait

Old
01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Bieber View Post
richards got the game winner in the WC so that should buy him a little more slack.

trading Staal? seriously? I would think he should get more time before he gets written off as trade bait
I love Staal as much as the next Ranger fan, but I think we do tend to overrate him as fans. This team played pretty freaking well without him this season.

If you can get a Bobby Ryan centered around Staal you gotta do it. Mcd and Girardi are just as good as Staal IMO.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:13 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
I love Staal as much as the next Ranger fan, but I think we do tend to overrate him as fans. This team played pretty freaking well without him this season.

If you can get a Bobby Ryan centered around Staal you gotta do it. Mcd and Girardi are just as good as Staal IMO.
Yes, with our defensive depth we might make it without Staal, but I'm not going to trade him just because he is a bit slow to get back to his usual playing level. And I'm not sure Ryan is a player worth Staal +. He definitely fixes a hole (another top-6 winger) but he's playing on a line with a lot of talent and yet his stats aren't blowing anyone out of the water. In the end there are certainly a few players I'd trade Staal for, but all of them would cost far more and they aren't available anyway.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1jzi0P65j

I have mentioned the Beck trade before. McEwen went on to get his rings with the Islanders. The Rangers players resented Beck who they didn't like very much. Marois wasn't part of the Beck trade.

Everyone including Dolan knows its a process. That's the gist of the Brooks column.
I agree.

We will be adding Kreider in camp in September.

With McIlrath, Erixon, and Miller not far behind.

And while that doesn't guarantee further success, we would have a clearer idea of what we need to add or subtract.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers were in Columbus last for BJs-Nashville

http://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/sta...78732638801922

They didn't see much from Columbus. They lose 3-0.
Prospal and Pahllson are options in my mind. Won't cost a ton

Closed Thread