HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
I think we could get at least 2 2nd rounders, 1 each for Moen and Gill, so I wouldn't want that deal. As for Orescovich, dime a dozen player, sign a UFA in the summer and just stock up the draft picks now.

Moen might even be worth more than a 2nd, he might be a 2nd + prospect or something.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't get me wrong I like Moen as well but this isn't about liking a guy anymore, we need to think going forward and the best move for the Montreal Canadiens right now is to sell, and Moen is having a good season so we are selling high.
As I said if you can get a 2nd or more you do it IMHO.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I just feel it's harder (at least for us) to find a player who is capable of dominating a game. Eberle is that type of player.

Dubnyk isn't playing well this year, but he was fantastic last year. He's a big goalie as well and still has some potential.

We could also try to pry Ben Bishop out of St. Louis.. maybe they'd be interested in getting Palushaj back? OR we could offer Josh Harding the starting job and he'd probably sign as a UFA.

-----------------

A trade from the main board from a Canucks fan.

I'd do it. Would you?

It would give us an unreal 4th line that actually might be feared.

Oreskovich - White - Blunden

That line would hit HARD.

If we could pull off those two trades + sign Harding and re-up Kostitsyn, next year could look like (hopefully we could pick up a Top-4 defenseman and use KA-BOOM as our 3rd pairing);

Bourque - Plekanec - Eberle
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kostitsyn - Eller - Gionta
Oreskovich - White - Blunden
Nokelainen

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Kaberle - Diaz
Weber - St-Denis

Harding
Dubnyk

EDIT: Forgot we still had Gionta cause he's never played this season.
The Gill + Moen for Victor would be awesome, but i truly believe that Plek is not a true #1 center. If we somehow could trade him (or package) for a proven #1 center or perhaps do something that could land us a prosepct with #1C potential, that would be ideal.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
The Gill + Moen for Victor would be awesome, but i truly believe that Plek is not a true #1 center. If we somehow could trade him (or package) for a proven #1 center or perhaps do something that could land us a prosepct with #1C potential, that would be ideal.
It's not so much that he isn't a #1 it's that you have to give him better wingers and use him in a more offensive role if you want #1 center numbers. Using him on the #1 PK plus having Blunden on his wing isn't going to maximise his production.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
The Oilers are in need of a good young offensive D-man who could help their powerplay. Think maybe a 2nd for weber?

Last edited by Kobe Armstrong: 01-19-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old
01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
The Oilers are in need of a good young offensive D-man who could help their powerplay. Think maybe a 2nd for weber?
this makes alot more sense than trading Subban or Price

Old
01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
That would be a great return, an Oilers 2nd is a late 1st!!!

Old
01-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Weber plus our 2nd for Oilers 1st?

Old
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That's garbage. The Oilers have a ton of D that's as good or better than Weber. And younger. Not to mention, if they're playing like this, they're likely getting another better-than-Weber D with their 2nd (if they don't pick Dumba/Murray).

Old
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Dreaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Dreaming even more.. get your head checked..

Unbelievable how you guys overrate our guys.. Weber is at this point a decent filler who is stagnant in his development, not good enough to run a first PP wave, barely good enough to run a 2nd and way too flawed defensively to even think we can get something good in return.. 4th round pick at the very best if we are lucky.. same for Gill, no way you can expoect the moon for him, a fourth - fifth round pick is what Im expecting..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 01-19-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Oilers will be picking in the top 5 again, they ain't trading that pick unless we send them Carey Price

Old
01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Maliki2

The_CreasyCreasy

#Habs Kostitsyn + Moen for #Kings Stoll + Clifford + Pick is the rumor right now. Nothing solid on it as of yet.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
habsrule22

Isn't Stoll a centerman, if that deal went down, another deal involving one of our centerman would happen.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:13 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Isn't Stoll a centerman, if that deal went down, another deal involving one of our centerman would happen.

Here's your answer.

JimmyCHfanZJimmy Zhang

@

@The_Creasy I dun understand why Stoll comes back in rumor all time? isn't he jsut a 3rd centre at most? we have enough of those

Il y a 1 heure FavoriRetweeterRépondre

en réponse à ↑

@The_CreasyCreasy

@JimmyCHfanZ it would be easier to deal Eller

But the "insiders" on Twitter are absolutely ridiculous. They just write what the fans want to hear. The funniest thing is their untouchables list wich changes every 3 days. Eller was in tons of rumors right before his 4 goals game. Last week he was an untouchable and now 2-3 bad games and he's off the list. They had Gill in their untouchables list at some point, I mean we're supposed to believe any team would have Hal Gill on their untouchable list? They also write HF like trade proposals wich makes no sense like Subban and a first for Nash since they know the average fan will love it.

Personally if Subban or Eller (just naming them since they are the only young guys always involved in rumors) goes during a rebuild then I lose complete faith in this management ability to ever win anything.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:34 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The Habs are in full trade mode or sure look like it to me for months.Cammalleri and the Smurf Show has to go.Bourque is at least a player that the Flyers and Bruins won't be hanging over the boards laughing at. Our team before a playoff series gets started again needs to have the type of player Gauthier has drafted and traded for since being GM.Halak may have been playing phenomenal hockey that year but when I seen the Flyers laughing at the Habs my stomach got knots in it.Pierre obviously felt the same way,at the draft he traded his 2nd to make sure he got Tinordi.Since then the team has slowly gained power forwards,Eller is huge compared to the centers we've had. He also signed Emelin and has changed the Habs defence went with the rookies,he's actually taken the team shook out the glitter and brought back a team with backbone and talent.By the time the next Draft and UFA deadline passes the Habs are going to resemble a team with lots of good pieces and prospects galore.I'm hoping he gets the rights to Radulov,the way Gauthier makes decisive moves that won't shock me.Getting into the playoffs this season would kill the team for the next year,so let's get the party started,trade away.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Penner discussion had me thinking, are there any cap dumps we could get with our cap room in order to add young(picks and prospects) assets, maybe another 2nd or 3rd.

Penner, LA 4.25 mil 36 GP 3-8-11
Booth, Van 4.25 mil 27GP 6-8-14(but he has 3 more years left)
Boyes, Buf 4.0 mil 34 GP 3-8-11
Hecht, Buf 3.525 mil 21 GP 4-4-8
Lombardi, Tor 3.5 mil 28 GP 3-5-8(but has another year left)
Komisarek, Tor 4.5 mil 23 GP 1-3-4(but has 2 more years left)
Sarich, Cal 3.6 mil 32 GP 1-1-2
Sturm, Fla 2.25 33 2-3-5(Florida is not to the cap but may be at their budget)
Rozsival, Pho 5.0 mil 20 GP 0-4-4

Would Mason Raymond be a fit for us? He is struggling somewhat and coming back from injury, takes up 2.5 mil of cap and they are up against it. If we have somebody Vancouver wants they may let him go cheaper?

Old
01-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Maxpac

It sucks that Gionta is out for the season, cause he's the kind of player that could of gotten a pretty good return if he was on the market. We already have his replacement in Ghallager next season. I think that to a team like the Kings or Wild, Gionta could of gotten us a 1st or a solid prospect.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It sucks that Gionta is out for the season, cause he's the kind of player that could of gotten a pretty good return if he was on the market. We already have his replacement in Ghallager next season. I think that to a team like the Kings or Wild, Gionta could of gotten us a 1st or a solid prospect.
I don't think it's realistic to expect Gallagher at 20 to replace Gionta(who scored 29 his last 2 full seasons and kills penalities etc).

Old
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
The Penner discussion had me thinking, are there any cap dumps we could get with our cap room in order to add young(picks and prospects) assets, maybe another 2nd or 3rd.

Would Mason Raymond be a fit for us? He is struggling somewhat and coming back from injury, takes up 2.5 mil of cap and they are up against it. If we have somebody Vancouver wants they may let him go cheaper?
I like your idea on this. Take on a big cap or a contract that a team no longer wants to get some solid futures. I like it.

But we need to be careful, just as an example....Komisuckass has a NMC so we couldn't bury him in the minors if we needed to.

But I completely agree that we use our approx 9mil in trade deadline capspace as a tool to help add young assets.

PG to BB - You want to drop Komi? add in Franson. We'll send you a forward

Old
01-20-2012, 07:38 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

Why would David Booth be traded? He's got 13 points in 21 games as a Canuck (51 points per 82 games -- just under 25 goals).

The rest could be considered, but no way Vancouver moves Booth right now.

I also don't think Raymond is struggling that much. He had a bad 9-10 game stretch after the initial adrenaline probably wore off from returning, he's played much better in the past 3-4 games. His line isn't really depended on for too much offense either as he's been bumped to the 3rd line since Booth returned (who showed good chemistry with Kesler/Higgins).

Old
01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

What's funny is that you said Brian Burke what a moron and a horrible GM for doing things like that and now you want the Habs to start doing the same

Old
01-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Chicago Blackhawks are rumored to be in the market for a defenseman and a veteran forward.
The Hawks want another top-four option on the blueline to ease the load that youngster Nick Leddy receives and depth at forward is always a welcome addition even though the club is getting good contributions from some new blood right now.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What's funny is that you said Brian Burke what a moron and a horrible GM for doing things like that and now you want the Habs to start doing the same
I didn't say THAT made him a bad GM. I said terrible signings(Connolly Komisarek etc) and being an all around big talker who hasn't backed it up made him a bad GM in Toronto. He is in his 4th year in Toronto and still isn't in a playoff spot, in Montreal he'd been hung by now.

His better moves were salary dumps, which is not hard to do when you have the budget and cap room(see Gomez trade) but some backfire(Lombardi Giguere).

Old
01-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I like your idea on this. Take on a big cap or a contract that a team no longer wants to get some solid futures. I like it.

But we need to be careful, just as an example....Komisuckass has a NMC so we couldn't bury him in the minors if we needed to.

But I completely agree that we use our approx 9mil in trade deadline capspace as a tool to help add young assets.

PG to BB - You want to drop Komi? add in Franson. We'll send you a forward
I don't think anybody NOT on the last year of their contract is realistic but maybe a player with another year left IF they take Gomez(bury him?) or we get a big time asset coming back. I would at least listen.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Why would David Booth be traded? He's got 13 points in 21 games as a Canuck (51 points per 82 games -- just under 25 goals).

The rest could be considered, but no way Vancouver moves Booth right now.

I also don't think Raymond is struggling that much. He had a bad 9-10 game stretch after the initial adrenaline probably wore off from returning, he's played much better in the past 3-4 games. His line isn't really depended on for too much offense either as he's been bumped to the 3rd line since Booth returned (who showed good chemistry with Kesler/Higgins).
I can see vancouver wanting to add certain pieces but they are up against the cap, so those are guys they may be willing to sacrifice to get it done. Just speculating here, don't shoot the messenger!

Closed Thread