HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I didn't say THAT made him a bad GM. I said terrible signings(Connolly Komisarek etc) and being an all around big talker who hasn't backed it up made him a bad GM in Toronto. He is in his 4th year in Toronto and still isn't in a playoff spot, in Montreal he'd been hung by now.

His better moves were salary dumps, which is not hard to do when you have the budget and cap room(see Gomez trade) but some backfire(Lombardi Giguere).
Phaneuf, Lupul and Kessel are far from salary dumps

And I think we can all agree that when Brian Burke took over the Maple Leafs, they were in a real mess compared to when Pierre Gauthier took over the Habs. Big time difference. One is working at making his team better for the future and the other is always thinking of finishing 8th. We will see in the next couple of years which team has more success

Old
01-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Phaneuf, Lupul and Kessel are far from salary dumps

And I think we can all agree that when Brian Burke took over the Maple Leafs, they were in a real mess compared to when Pierre Gauthier took over the Habs. Big time difference. One is working at making his team better for the future and the other is always thinking of finishing 8th. We will see in the next couple of years which team has more success
Phaneuf and Lupul were. Kessel he paid through the nose(Seguin Hamilton Knight).

If his team was that bad why did he trade away a lottery pick for Kessel saying he was the "missing piece" then suck all the way to 29th? even HE thought the team he inherited was pretty good.

Trading away Steen and Colacciovo for Stempniak looks horrible right now also.

"One is working at making his team better for the future and the other is always thinking of finishing 8th." If that was the case he would have kept his picks and not traded for Kessel, Giguere and other short term fixes. I don't think you want to compare what Toronto is icing for 25 and under and what we have.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Sam I Am

I don't see why Florida won't even consider trading him but how about:

To Florida

Tomas Plekanec
PK Subban
1st rounder 2013

To Montreal

Jonathan Huberdeau
Alex Petrovic

Plekanec and PK enormously strengthen a Panthers team that aspires to playoff competition. Both are young and will help the team for years to come. With them and if a few injured players return (Bergenheim, Jovonowsky, Upshall...), the Panthers could do some damage.

Huberdeau was the most exciting player in the WJC this year. Tons of offensive skill. A bona fide number 1 center in the making and the keystone for the new Habs going forward. Petrovic is a beast...think a RH Tinordi with more offensive upside. Will add some muscle to a defensive corps big on swift, but smaller, puck-handlers.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 01-20-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old
01-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I don't see why Florida won't even consider trading him but how about:

To Florida

Tomas Plekanec
PK Subban
1st rounder 2013

To Montreal

Jonathan Huberdeau
Alex Petrovic
Horrible trade from a Habs perspective. Huberdeau is a good prospect, but at this point he is only a prospect.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
...Huberdeau is a good prospect, but at this point he is only a prospect.
True...but that's the only reason why the trade might fly. A year from now, when Huberdeau has cut his teeth in the NHL, he will be completely untouchable (assuming he is not already!)

Florida is going to need serious enticement to trade a prospect of this calibre. PK, a player who I would hate to see leave, provides that enticement.

If the trade is that unbalanced--and I'm no so sure it is--the draft choice can be down-graded to a 2nd rounder 2012...

Old
01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
True...but that's the only reason why the trade might fly. A year from now, when Huberdeau has cut his teeth in the NHL, he will be completely untouchable (assuming he is not already!)

Florida is going to need serious enticement to trade a prospect of this calibre. PK, a player who I would hate to see leave, provides that enticement.

If the trade is that unbalanced--and I'm no so sure it is--the draft choice can be down-graded to a 2nd rounder 2012...
Subban alone is worth that much, without adding Plekanec. He is a guy that has high upside(as much or more than Huberdeau) plus he's done a lot of the apprentiship, if we trade him now the team getting him gets a guy that should come out of this year a better player than he was last year(much like Price in 09-10).

Old
01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Subban alone is worth that much, without adding Plekanec. He is a guy that has high upside(as much or more than Huberdeau) plus he's done a lot of the apprentiship, if we trade him now the team getting him gets a guy that should come out of this year a better player than he was last year(much like Price in 09-10).
PK is having an okay year. Not as bad as some would have you believe. But to believe that his year is a plus because he will come out of it improved totally ignores the possibility that he will never become quite the superstar we once thought.

PK alone will never fetch Huberdeau. If it were only the case, I would pull that trade in a second.

The absence of PK and Plekanec will surely cause the Habs to plummet in the standings this year...and maybe next. This will likely assure the team of a lottery pick and a chance at one of the plum prospects this June.

It's a big step back now for sure and a gamble--but the team could be much different and much stronger by the 2013.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Beakermania*

If the Kessel trade should have taught us anything, you don't include that 2013 first rounder, when we are not a playoff team now. It could very well be MacKinnon, or someone like that.

This after I think Pleks + Subban alone is overpayment for Huberdeau.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Jagemon

No one speculating about Derek Roy to the Habs?

Old
01-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
If the Kessel trade should have taught us anything, you don't include that 2013 first rounder, when we are not a playoff team now. It could very well be MacKinnon, or someone like that...
Point well taken. Make that a 2nd-round pick this year instead. Less risky for the Habs--MacKinnon will not still be on the board--but still an interesting bargaining chip as the Habs' 2nd will likely come just after the end of the 1st round.

And we are getting Petrovic back as well. He is a very good prospect and one of the last cuts from the Canadian WJC roster.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Phaneuf and Lupul were. Kessel he paid through the nose(Seguin Hamilton Knight).

If his team was that bad why did he trade away a lottery pick for Kessel saying he was the "missing piece" then suck all the way to 29th? even HE thought the team he inherited was pretty good.

Trading away Steen and Colacciovo for Stempniak looks horrible right now also.

"One is working at making his team better for the future and the other is always thinking of finishing 8th." If that was the case he would have kept his picks and not traded for Kessel, Giguere and other short term fixes. I don't think you want to compare what Toronto is icing for 25 and under and what we have.
Phaneuf was far from being a dump, far from it and would be our best D right now. He needed a change from Calgary, a 25 year old player being a top pick having a bad year isn't a DUMP. Lupul I could agree up to a certain point but a DUMP was going the other way in Giguere

Old
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Phaneuf was far from being a dump, far from it and would be our best D right now. He needed a change from Calgary, a 25 year old player being a top pick having a bad year isn't a DUMP. Lupul I could agree up to a certain point but a DUMP was going the other way in Giguere
Phaneuf was a dump, he has a 6.5 mil cap hit and even now playing better he isn't worth it. He was definitely NOT worth it playing like crap on a cap strapped Calgary team. The mistake wasn't trading him, it was getting short term players in return instead of picks and prospects, similar to the Cammaleri trade.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
No one speculating about Derek Roy to the Habs?
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...abs-e3/1/41489

Derek Roy to Habs (e3)

Digging further, but there appears to be much to this....

What the Ek is he thinking .... lol

Well i pass on that one !!

Old
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
The Price is Right

Subban for Eric Staal?

Would you guys trade a deal package which would include PK and Eric Staal?

Last edited by The Price is Right: 01-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

Which Staal?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
If the Kessel trade should have taught us anything, you don't include that 2013 first rounder, when we are not a playoff team now. It could very well be MacKinnon, or someone like that.

This after I think Pleks + Subban alone is overpayment for Huberdeau.
Exactly Huberdeau and Erik Gudbranson at least the deal would be in the ballpark without the #1st round pick.Petrovic sucks at least Gudbranson stands up for teammates and plays great defence and he's a Habs fan.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Price is Right View Post
Would you guys trade a deal package which would include PK and Staal?
I wouldn't do it 1 for 1 let alone in a package, the guy makes 8.5 mil a year and is below 1 PPGM. His overall production is only slightly better than Plekanec and being 6'3" or 6'4" doesn't magically make you 5x better contrary to what some believe.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:41 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Jared?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
gusfring

Which Staal?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
shutehinside

Is this a rumor or just asking?

Old
couris

Eric Staal for subban yes please. After trade plekachu for a dman.

Old
guest1467

Who the hell is Stall?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Who the hell is Stall?
Bathroom Stall?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
gusfring

Jordan, yes. Eric, not so sure. Eric is almost 28 and Jordan is only 24 coming into himself as a player.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Jordan, yes. Eric, not so sure. Eric is almost 28 and Jordan is only 24 coming into himself as a player.
Trading Subban for a #2 center regardless of if he is 6'3" makes no sense.

Closed Thread