HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
I love Staal as much as the next Ranger fan, but I think we do tend to overrate him as fans. This team played pretty freaking well without him this season.

If you can get a Bobby Ryan centered around Staal you gotta do it. Mcd and Girardi are just as good as Staal IMO.
Good point dude. You sound like a Rangers fan who really gets it. There are way too many posters on here who are too sensitive and overly protective if anyone(like me for instance) says anyting negative about Staal or Gaborik. Don't get me wrong, I love Staal but if you've got a shot at getting a Bobby Ryan and it takes Marc Staal to get the deal done, you have to pull the trigger!

Old
01-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Good point dude. You sound like a Rangers fan who really gets it. There are way too many posters on here who are too sensitive and overly protective if anyone(like me for instance) says anyting negative about Staal or Gaborik. Don't get me wrong, I love Staal but if you've got a shot at getting a Bobby Ryan and it takes Marc Staal to get the deal done, you have to pull the trigger!
I don't think he's overrated. Fans have to realize he's not a top end Dman in terms of value because he doesnt have a ton of offensive upside.........there is a little just not a ton

when it comes to shut down D Staal is at the top of his class

I also think if Staal was offered for Ryan the Ducks would do it ASAP. He can be acquired without

Old
01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Selanne would be perfect. His team is looking at the lottery and he's on a one year deal so there's no commitment past this season. Plus he's still a sniper. Seriously he has more pts than any of our guys this season...
Selanne would be out of this world! This guy is tremendous and he can and will produce until age 50 if he so desires.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Stepanformayor*

I posted last year a couple times saying that IMO i thought Staal was overated and i couldn't understand the the fans Fetish with him, and i took alot of heat for it.. This was before he got hurt..He gets the same kinda lovin from Tort's that Boyle gets..He can do no wrong in the coach's eye, but yet night in and night out he makes more stupid mistakes than any of these young D.. For some reason these 2 players are the Poster boys and i just don't get it. Staal is far too soft and he thinks he's Bobby Orr. He needs to get back to the basics if the Rangers have any chance at all. IMO now's the perfect time to send him on his way for someone who we can count on to score most nights..

Old
01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
hagg18

I think that Staal might have a bad impact on this team. Now when he's getting more icetime it seems to me like the team is playing worse. I've only seen the highlights from each game and that's not much to make an opinion from, but I've seen Staal making several mistaces that lead to goals in those highlights. From listening to Tort postgame comments and read what people say about the games they've played worse with Staal in the lineup. But I'm not saying that's becaus of him, just that the team has performed worse. By looking at the stats we can see that in November and December NYR played 26 games and won 19 of them. That's 73 % won games. Since Staals return, or if you'd like to put it that way, the end of the WC-project that effected the team in some way, NYR have played 9 games and won 6. 66% won games. Not so big difference, but still a difference.

On the other hand, this team has played fantastic fo a long time and sooner or later there will be a downperiod. This time of the year is a tough time and there's no surprise that team's struggles now. By saying that, this downperiod might have nothing to do with Stall being back in the lineup.

By looking at Staals individual stats and compare them to other players on the team we can see that he's got the worst stats.

9 games, 0 points and -4.

Tim Erixon 13 games, 0 p, +-0
Stu Bickell 15 games, 4 p, +3
Michel Souer 19 games, 3 p, +9
Jeff Woywitka 26 games, 6 p, +2
Anton Stralman 22 games, 6 p, +9
Steve Eminger 30 games, 4 p, +2

These are the players that are fighting for the 4, 5 and 6 spots in the lineup. MDZ, Girardi and Mcdonagh I count as untuchable. Now Staal's only played 9 games and hopefully will step up his play in the near future, but if not, I don't see why NYR should keep him. Trade him for a forward instead. The defence has been solid without him.

My sugestion is trade him!

Old
01-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
We're seriously kidding ourselves if we're saying that Richards has been in a slump for 2 weeks. Pointwise, yes, but apart from his game winning goals im very underwhelmed with his entire play this season. In the beginning it was talk about letting him settle in - getting to know the city and his linemates. I'm still waiting...

I won't go inte details about his play here (check my post from today in the Richards thread) and I do think he's had a positive impact on this team. I'm sure he's had a thing or two to teach the younger players and he provides leadership. The question is are we getting our money worth for 6.5 million a year? Not from what he's shown this season, that's for sure. With a 9 year contract I pray to God this isn't another Drury/Gomez/Redden. I am however not liking the early indications.
I've been saying it over and over again since the day we signed him and that's this:
Brad Richards is NOT an elite player/game changer! He is an elite passer who will put up gaudy numbers when/if he is playing with wings who can not only put the ole biscuit into the net but who also have excellent offensive instincts. On dallas, Richards had that luxury playing with Neal, Ribiero, Benn, Erickson, Morrow, etc. We have nobody remotely close in ability offensive wise to those players I just mentioned. Brad Richards is basically a complimentary player. Still and all, if the opportunity presented itself to the Rangers to sign or pass on Richards, they are still better served having signed him.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I don't think he's overrated. Fans have to realize he's not a top end Dman in terms of value because he doesnt have a ton of offensive upside.........there is a little just not a ton

when it comes to shut down D Staal is at the top of his class

I also think if Staal was offered for Ryan the Ducks would do it ASAP. He can be acquired without
Good point but even though Staal is excellent defensively, he aint nearly at the top of his class! To be honest, I think the Ducks would want something in addition to Staal to get this hypothetical deal for Ryan done and I wouldn't be so inclined to do the deal until/unless Sauer's health isn't a question mark!

Old
01-20-2012, 08:05 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Continue the discussion here........
Finally someone that agrees with me.NYR has been GREAt without him..he can,for some reason fetch us a top 6 winger..Lets do this already..f Sauer gets healthy,we are more than set with top 4.. McDonagh-Girardi and DelZotto Sauer

Old
01-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
I posted last year a couple times saying that IMO i thought Staal was overated and i couldn't understand the the fans Fetish with him, and i took alot of heat for it.. This was before he got hurt..He gets the same kinda lovin from Tort's that Boyle gets..He can do no wrong in the coach's eye, but yet night in and night out he makes more stupid mistakes than any of these young D.. For some reason these 2 players are the Poster boys and i just don't get it. Staal is far too soft and he thinks he's Bobby Orr. He needs to get back to the basics if the Rangers have any chance at all. IMO now's the perfect time to send him on his way for someone who we can count on to score most nights..
Wow, the Staal sympathizers on here(and there are many) are going to tar and feather you for your comments, Lol! I have been a world renown Staal basher on here and posters think that I actually HATE the guy! Look, defense is probably the hardest position to play and get your game back after being away from it for 9 months and so I would give Staal some more time even though he's 10 games into his return. I just think that posters on here have a tendency to look at him as some kind of deity on the defensive end when in reality his game has some holes in it because he doesn't always make the best decisions while on the ice and he still doesn't get it when it comes to pinching it offensively.

We would have lost the game last nite anyway even though 2 goals against were directly attributable to a lousy decision pinching in and a bad turnover by him. He definitely is overrated and given the choice of who to move of our defensive core to make a deal happen, I wouldn't think twice about moving Staal, hypothetically of course!

Old
01-20-2012, 08:15 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagg18 View Post
Michel Souer
I THINK you mean Michael Sauer???

Old
01-20-2012, 08:16 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
Ive always thought he was and have posted so in here and im told im blind,im forgetting what he has done here...LMAO...I dont kno what ppl are saying.But they blow Stall like he is a GOD around here.its terrible.

I think all the love for Staal is based mainly on him being the first real top pairing d home grown prospect NYR fans have seen in years and years and years...Which is the reason these ppl are so loyal to hom.Girardi and McD will and are better than Staal and I also believe Sauer if he stay healthy will be better.Only reason Sauer did not go round one is do to injuries!!!!!!!!Thats a fact.

Quote:
Michel Souer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Continue the discussion here........
Finally someone that agrees with me.NYR has been GREAt without him..he can,for some reason fetch us a top 6 winger..Lets do this already..f Sauer gets healthy,we are more than set with top 4.. McDonagh-Girardi and DelZotto Sauer

Old
01-20-2012, 08:22 AM
hagg18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
hahahaha...you think?

Old
01-20-2012, 08:24 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
hahahaha...you think?
YES! Cause around here everyone is always right,so even when they are wrong they will swear to GOD they are right,so thats why i said " I THINK"

Old
01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
There are many fans that actually agree with you(myself included) but there are many more fans who look at Staal like he's some kind of God on defense, Mr. Elite Shutdown Defender or whatever. Look, it really is premature to be talking about this with Staal coming off a horrendous game and Sauer's health still a huge question mark. I will say that(and I've stated this before ad infinitum) that going forward, this team is going to have to make some tough decisions down the road due to constraints with the salary cap and given the choice of who to move of our defensive core, I believe we'd be better served moving Staal before anyone else. Needless to say, this is based on McD's and MDZ's game continuing to grow and Erikson and Mcilrath joining the lineup and becoming a serviceable pairing.

Marc Staal would bring more in a trade than any of our other defenseman because of who he is and how he's perceived by the rest of the league. I've stated this before, McDonagh(especially), Girardi and perhaps even MDZ have better upside than Staal!

Old
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
mullichicken25

You guys are out of your face if you the rangers defense could continue this kind of success long term without staal

Lunacy

If your on the phone with anahiem and they ask for staal you hang up

If anything this season has showed us the importance of defensive depth. But now since we squeeked through ok without our BEST defensman for half a season we think we can cast him off?

Old
01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Good point but even though Staal is excellent defensively, he aint nearly at the top of his class! To be honest, I think the Ducks would want something in addition to Staal to get this hypothetical deal for Ryan done and I wouldn't be so inclined to do the deal until/unless Sauer's health isn't a question mark!
if they want more than oh well dont bother with Ryan.......they will have a shot at some Free Agents like Parise........just be patient and wait it out..............The LD is stacked with Staal, McDonaugh, Del Zotto and Erixon eventually. Personally I want to keep it stacked.......we have seen DZ play the Right side with Staal lately

Teams are so even these days that if trades happen it could be a bold one. Anisimov plus for X Top 6 F plus...........I would bet Sather grabs a depth rental even though they have alot of bottom 6 guys

Old
01-20-2012, 09:02 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
You guys are out of your face if you the rangers defense could continue this kind of success long term without staal

Lunacy

If your on the phone with anahiem and they ask for staal you hang up

If anything this season has showed us the importance of defensive depth. But now since we squeeked through ok without our BEST defensman for half a season we think we can cast him off?
We are losing because we can't score not because of the defenese..

Old
01-20-2012, 09:07 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Yes, lets trade our #1 dman when his value is lowest coming off of a concussion, based on 44 game sample size with a goalie thats been the best in the world, and a defense with castoffs playing over their heads. Let's do it already!

Short term memories + misunderstanding of sample sizes + video game mentality =

Old
bubba5

I too always thought Staal was a bit overrated. He is a good d-man but not as good as the Rangers want you to think he is. Defensively he is very good, but the thing I always have had a problem with him is his puck control. The guy always seems to be fumbling with the puck, and it seems to happen at key points in a game. I have said this for 2 years now, and I don't see that part of his game improving. He is a good minutes man but really just a solid top 4 d-man and not the All-star people think he is. Just my 1 cent thought!

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I fully expected the "Staal is bad" crowd to reemerge. It's always the same people, too, some of which who don't even show up except to complain about very certain things like this.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
hagg18

True, but woudn't we need a goalscoring forward then? And Staal has been making stupid plays lately, that has led up to goals in our own net. Bad turnovers, bad pinching and so on. If you ask me I think he's looked unfocused.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Vitto79

gonna throw some names out there........first one is going back to the well with Nik Antropov ..........yea off yr and he has another yr at 4 million........pretty sure fans will say no but these are the types of guys they may have to look at given lack of options

or a Jussi Jokinen?.........guys like that, the team would have to take Wolski back

Last edited by Vitto79: 01-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old
01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Yes, lets trade our #1 dman when his value is lowest coming off of a concussion, based on 44 game sample size with a goalie thats been the best in the world, and a defense with castoffs playing over their heads. Let's do it already!

Short term memories + misunderstanding of sample sizes + video game mentality =
You seem to think that Marc Staal is Chris Pronger or something.. In what ways is he better than Girardi or Mcd?

Old
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
You seem to think that Marc Staal is Chris Pronger or something.. In what ways is he better than Girardi or Mcd?
Remember when before this season, Marc Staal was our best defenseman?

THAT'S how he's better than Girardi and McDonagh.

Ridiculous that people think he'd be at his best 9 games after coming back from a debilitating injury.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Gabotrick

Nothing will happen to Staal until the deadline I think the Rangers have their concerns about his play right now however they want to see how he plays in a couple of months and if they still feel that his is a liability they will move him for a goal scorer

Closed Thread