HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Honestly this place never ceases to amaze me. A tounge-in-cheek thread title proclaiming "Traid Stahl" is actually taken seriously.

Never mind the fact that he missed 9 MONTHS or so with a concussion, perhaps the most untreatable injury there is. It's gonna take time. Jesus.

01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Honestly this place never ceases to amaze me. A tounge-in-cheek thread title proclaiming "Traid Stahl" is actually taken seriously.

Never mind the fact that he missed 9 MONTHS or so with a concussion, perhaps the most untreatable injury there is. It's gonna take time. Jesus.
This board is horrendous when we're not on a season-long win streak.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
This board is horrendous when we're not on a season-long win streak.
I try not to visit the day after a loss... Today I failed. lol

Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
You guys are out of your face if you the rangers defense could continue this kind of success long term without staal

Lunacy

If your on the phone with anahiem and they ask for staal you hang up

If anything this season has showed us the importance of defensive depth. But now since we squeeked through ok without our BEST defensman for half a season we think we can cast him off?
Not now pal, read my post! Longterm, McDonagh has way more upside than Staal and Girardi is already just as good defensively and better offensively than Staal is without the mindless mistakes when pinching in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Staal doesn't have as high a ceiling as the other guys and his name recognition (because as we all know this is a pedigree league) would bring more in a trade in the future. All of this is HYPOTHETICAL of course so stop getting your bowels in an uproar!!

Old
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Remember when before this season, Marc Staal was our best defenseman?

THAT'S how he's better than Girardi and McDonagh.

Ridiculous that people think he'd be at his best 9 games after coming back from a debilitating injury.
I'm not even looking at the 9 games he's been back and evaluating him. I know who he is and what he's been on the Rangers.. I also know he isn't back to form yet. I'm saying this team played just fine without him, and it wasn't just a fluke.. We now have a system in place that works, and Girardi and McD have only gotten better.

Sorry it's my opinion that we could use Bobby Ryan a lot more than Staal right now. The Rangers strongest position of depth is their defense, coupled with an all world goalie we will survive. I am sure of it.

We need to put more pucks in the net is the bottom line.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
You guys are out of your face if you the rangers defense could continue this kind of success long term without staal

Lunacy

If your on the phone with anahiem and they ask for staal you hang up

If anything this season has showed us the importance of defensive depth. But now since we squeeked through ok without our BEST defensman for half a season we think we can cast him off?
One other thing, if Anaheim would (hypothetically) accept Staal for Bobby Ryan straight up, you do that deal in a nano second if and only if Sauer is 100% healthy by the trade deadline. We have and would continue to survive and perhaps even thrive w/o Staal and with Ryan because we need what Ryan would bring to this team a heck of a lot more than we would lose if Staal was gone. We managed quite nicely w/o Staal for the first 35 games, didn't we? I didn't notice Girardi's game go into the toilet and McD stepped in w/o a hiccup.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
I'm not even looking at the 9 games he's been back and evaluating him. I know who he is and what he's been on the Rangers.. I also know he isn't back to form yet. I'm saying this team played just fine without him, and it wasn't just a fluke.. We now have a system in place that works, and Girardi and McD have only gotten better.

Sorry it's my opinion that we could use Bobby Ryan a lot more than Staal right now. The Rangers strongest position of depth is their defense, coupled with an all world goalie we will survive. I am sure of it.

We need to put more pucks in the net is the bottom line.
Great post, you hit the nail right on the head! We do need what Ryan brings a hell of a lot more than what Staal brings but this trade will never happen here because we don't make bold moves the way some other franchises do(like the Flyers, watch what they do at the deadline!).

Old
01-20-2012, 09:41 AM
NYR Viper

Where is Jonathan? Well done sir, perfect addition to the thread title.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Emptyvoid

I wonder would Repik be a better fit for our lineup or Zuccarello? It seems we could use a bit of an injection of skill.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:46 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
You seem to think that Marc Staal is Chris Pronger or something.. In what ways is he better than Girardi or Mcd?
derp derp I know Staal is better defensively and physically because I've been following this team since before this season, have you?

I don't know why context and a decent memory beyond the last 40 games is so hard for people to grasp

Old
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Longterm, McDonagh has way more upside than Staal and Girardi is already just as good defensively and better offensively than Staal is without the mindless mistakes when pinching in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Staal doesn't have as high a ceiling as the other guys
How quickly they forget. Sometimes, I really have to scratch my head at what I see on this board.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Ya know a thread is going downhill when you see someone write "I know <defensemen here> is good defensively but..." I could have sworn that's what his job was, but I could be wrong.

Staal is going nowhere, and rightfully so. He's been our best d-man for the last 4 years and he's on a bargain of a contract. Just because he hasn't regained his form doesn't mean he's suddenly expendable. Then again, this board jumps from one extreme to the other as quickly as Paula Dean jumps on a piece of pie. Last year Del Zotto was worthless and we couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. Now, he's a bonafide top-4 d-man after 44 games, so let's go ahead and trade Staal. Funny how that works.

Last edited by Trxjw: 01-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
NYR Viper

Hey, does anyone remember when it was the cool thing to want to trade Girardi? You know, the all-star?

How about when Sauer was being thrown in proposals like a throw-in?

Or MDZ over the off-season?

I guess it is Staal's turn.......

Old
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Vitto79

yea this Staal talk has to be a joke

Old
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
derp derp I know Staal is better defensively and physically because I've been following this team since before this season, have you?

I don't know why context and a decent memory beyond the last 40 games is so hard for people to grasp
You either have a crush on him or you are 15 years old. You probably think he's top ten in the league as well.

Let me clarify again. I'm a Staal fan, and I didn't decide after last nights game that he all of a sudden sucks.. I know he is a good shut down defenseman, but if you think he's leaps and bounds better than Girardi, Mcd, or even Sauer you are simply wrong.

If we had someone potting more goals and taking some pressure off of Gabby, it's a no brainer.

If you guys think we can get a Ryan for a Wolski and other garbage, keep dreaming.

Last edited by FATCHAMALA11: 01-20-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How quickly they forget. Sometimes, I really have to scratch my head at what I see on this board.
I stated all of the above last summer dude. It has nothing to do with forgeting anything here. I stated that Staal has limited upside especially offensively and that he makes mindless decisions when pinching in and turns the puck over way too much. I think last nite's game is aberdeen proof of what I stated and he now has 10 games under his belt since he returned.

I'll repeat myself, going forward into the future(1,2 yrs down the road)n we would be much better served moving Staal for that much needed goal scorer. Somehow(assuming Erikson and Mcilrath work out), I believe this team would survive and even thrive if that happened.

Old
01-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post

Yep, he was just wonderful last nite with yet another mindless, senseless pinch leading to a 3 on 1 and a goal and a "classic Staal turnover" leading to Malkin's goal. Apart from that, I guess he is "A God on defense."

Old
01-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Yep, he was just wonderful last nite with yet another mindless, senseless pinch leading to a 3 on 1 and a goal and a "classic Staal turnover" leading to Malkin's goal. Apart from that, I guess he is "A God on defense."
lol he just came back from a terrible concussion and people are crapping on him........these boards are ridiculous

Old
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea this Staal talk has to be a joke
The only joke here is all of the Staal lovers walking thru life with blinders on. Did I miss something in last nite's game(I was there of course) or are we talking about another Staal? Even Dave Maloney could be heard in the press box saying, "Oh No" when the Pens 3 on 1 developed on Staal's stupid pinch in. The guy needs to take a course in Pinching in Offensively 101!!

Old
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
You either have a crush on him or you are 15 years old. You probably think he's top ten in the league as well.

Let me clarify again. I'm a Staal fan, and I didn't decide after last nights game that he all of a sudden sucks.. I know he is a good shut down defenseman, but if you think he's leaps and bounds better than Girardi, Mcd, or even Sauer you are simply wrong.

If we had someone potting more goals and taking some pressure off of Gabby, it's a no brainer.

If you guys think we can get a Ryan for a Wolski and other garbage, keep dreaming.
Awesome post! I will never understand this perpetual love affair with Marc Staal and I do think many of the posters on this forum are maybe 10+ years removed from spitting up on their mother's shoulders and soiling their diapers.

Old
01-20-2012, 10:19 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
The only joke here is all of the Staal lovers walking thru life with blinders on. Did I miss something in last nite's game(I was there of course) or are we talking about another Staal? Even Dave Maloney could be heard in the press box saying, "Oh No" when the Pens 3 on 1 developed on Staal's stupid pinch in. The guy needs to take a course in Pinching in Offensively 101!!
Yes, because it had nothing to do with the fact the all 3 forwards were down near the goal line. That is how the team plays. That is how the coaches want the defensemen to play. Aggressive with the forwards coming back hard. It happens ALL THE TIME except there should have been a forward back.

Old
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
no player is perfect and its easy to pt out a flaw instead of focusing on all the good. How many games has Staal played this yr?

btw Rangers offering Wolski and EC around according to this article, duhhhhh ..........hope the Wild bite as they do seem desperate right now

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/min120119.html

Old
01-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
lol he just came back from a terrible concussion and people are crapping on him........these boards are ridiculous
He's 10 games in and played 26+ minutes last nite! What, does he need to get his freakin feet wet for 50 games before he's fair game? His pinch and turnover last nite where "Classic Staal" in that he's done it before many times and will continue to do it again. I'm not advocating for his trade right now but in the FUTURE to get a legit goal scorer, I would dump him in a heartbeat!

Old
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
He's 10 games in and played 26+ minutes last nite! What, does he need to get his freakin feet wet for 50 games before he's fair game? His pinch and turnover last nite where "Classic Staal" in that he's done it before many times and will continue to do it again. I'm not advocating for his trade right now but in the FUTURE to get a legit goal scorer, I would dump him in a heartbeat!
ok then we will agree to disagree. I don't mind him pinching here and there btw..........they got scored on, it happens

Old
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Are you serious? 10 games in after missing a ton of time due to a concussion is sufficient time to you? Unbelievable. Yes, he doesn't look great out there. I admit it. But let's be realistic, it's going to take more than that to get back to 100%. How quick people are to forget how great he's played for us the past several years.

Closed Thread