HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2012, 12:47 AM
  #101
DM Smiths
Rookie User
 
DM Smiths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostaalgic View Post
smh at the penguins getting 2 top plays on Sportscenter against the Rangers
Which were they? Lemme guess, Malkin's goal on Stall's blunder, and the Park goal.

DM Smiths is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 06:41 AM
  #102
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,076
vCash: 500
Detroit back on top of the league standings... where a team whose owner knows and loves the sport of hockey belongs.

Megustaelhockey is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 07:45 AM
  #103
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 500
Taylor Hall after the skate that hit his face during warm ups..



Poor fellah...

Could've gone much worse though...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 07:51 AM
  #104
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Which were they? Lemme guess, Malkin's goal on Stall's blunder, and the Park goal.
Malkin's goal and Letang diving across crease blocking Girardi slap shot with shaft of stick in 1st period on an open net.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
  #105
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Malkin's goal and Letang diving across crease blocking Girardi slap shot with shaft of stick in 1st period on an open net.
Malkin's goal was sweet, but Del Zotto looks like he was doing the backstroke.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
  #106
DM Smiths
Rookie User
 
DM Smiths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Malkin's goal and Letang diving across crease blocking Girardi slap shot with shaft of stick in 1st period on an open net.
Jesus. MDZ was asleep on that one.

DM Smiths is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 09:06 AM
  #107
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Detroit back on top of the league standings... where a team whose owner knows and loves the sport of hockey belongs.
I don't know if this is a shot at OUR organization, but i'm sure our players and staff don't know and love the sport enough to deserve to be at the top.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
  #108
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
NHL 27m
.@NHLFlyers GM Holmgren: Little chance Pronger will return in '11-12 season. http://t.co/eWDbo2qk from CoTweet retweeted 9 times
Wow. If that is correct could Pronger be done forever? Will he be forced into retirement by this thing?

And if so, will he go quietly or will he take the money and make them buy him out?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
  #109
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,206
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Wow. If that is correct could Pronger be done forever? Will he be forced into retirement by this thing?

And if so, will he go quietly or will he take the money and make them buy him out?
He is on a 35+ contract so his cap hit stays either way. I want to see him go for a buyout and cause some contraversy lol

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
  #110
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
He is on a 35+ contract so his cap hit stays either way. I want to see him go for a buyout and cause some contraversy lol
are u sure its a 35 plus? Thought he had one of those cap circumvention deals

after 2014-15 he would of retired
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=316

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
  #111
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
are u sure its a 35 plus? Thought he had one of those cap circumvention deals

after 2014-15 he would of retired
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=316
Yeah but Holmgren ****ed up and gave him a cap circumvention deal...when it became a 35+ contract.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
  #112
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Don't look now, but the Islanders have (3) 40 point players on their top line and before anyone says, "Parenteau is riding the coattails of Tavares!!!11!!", let's just say he would be #1 on the Rangers in points. Ahead of Gaborik and Richards.

And he isn't much worse defensively than either of those 2.

Sick of that crap.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
  #113
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Don't look now, but the Islanders have (3) 40 point players on their top line and before anyone says, "Parenteau is riding the coattails of Tavares!!!11!!", let's just say he would be #1 on the Rangers in points. Ahead of Gaborik and Richards.

And he isn't much worse defensively than either of those 2.

Sick of that crap.
I'm looking now, and I see they're also 11 points behind a playoff spot.

And PAP IS much worse than either of those two defensively.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 10:52 AM
  #114
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'm looking now, and I see they're also 11 points behind a playoff spot.

And PAP IS much worse than either of those two defensively.
I wouldn't blame that line. Their defense is horrible and their goaltending has been terrible.

Just pointing out that Gaborik and Richards, who are paid A LOT, are being outperformed. It's sad. They were brought in to carry the offense.

Richards is a -3 on the Rangers. Parenteau is a -3 on the Islanders. The Rangers are a MUCH better team in terms of GF/GA.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
  #115
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I wouldn't blame that line. Their defense is horrible and their goaltending has been terrible.

Just pointing out that Gaborik and Richards, who are paid A LOT, are being outperformed. It's sad. They were brought in to carry the offense.

Richards is a -3 on the Rangers. Parenteau is a -3 on the Islanders. The Rangers are a MUCH better team in terms of GF/GA.
Disagree that they're being outperformed. Gabby especially has been essential to where this team is. If putting up a ton of points in a system that focuses on offense since they're a terribly constructed team is outplaying them, so be it.

Also JT is already one of the best players in the Atlantic Division and even though you're saying not to say it, i'm just gonna say I doubt his line mates do what they're doing without him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
  #116
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
BR is banged up from Cooke hit last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevezipa...14103297466369

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
  #117
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Don't look now, but the Islanders have (3) 40 point players on their top line and before anyone says, "Parenteau is riding the coattails of Tavares!!!11!!", let's just say he would be #1 on the Rangers in points. Ahead of Gaborik and Richards.

And he isn't much worse defensively than either of those 2.

Sick of that crap.
He is a good hockey player and like Torts said he would have liked to keep him, he just took his opportunity elsewhere as was expected and far exceeded expectations.

End of day, we're 20 points ahead of the Islanders.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
  #118
DM Smiths
Rookie User
 
DM Smiths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
BR is banged up from Cooke hit last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevezipa...14103297466369
Was that the one where it looked like he slammed his head on the ice?

DM Smiths is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 11:58 AM
  #119
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Was that the one where it looked like he slammed his head on the ice?
Yeah. Sneaky little slew-foot. Cooke's no cleaner than he was before. He just picks his spots better now.

gluvhand is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
  #120
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Yeah. Sneaky little slew-foot. Cooke's no cleaner than he was before. He just picks his spots better now.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  #121
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Was that the one where it looked like he slammed his head on the ice?
I hope its not another concussion. Didn't he have two in last two years in Dallas???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
  #122
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Yeah. Sneaky little slew-foot. Cooke's no cleaner than he was before. He just picks his spots better now.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...not-practicing
No tripping penalty was called on the ice, but the play was reviewed by the NHL Department of Player Safety. The play apparently did not meet the threshold of a traditional slew-foot, so Cooke, a repeat offender, is not expected to receive any supplementary discipline.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
  #123
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
I hope its not another concussion. Didn't he have two in last two years in Dallas???
I think he only had 1 last year.

It still baffles me how Cooke is still in the National Hockey League with the amount of cheap shots he's thrown over his career.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
  #124
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Don't look now, but the Islanders have (3) 40 point players on their top line and before anyone says, "Parenteau is riding the coattails of Tavares!!!11!!", let's just say he would be #1 on the Rangers in points. Ahead of Gaborik and Richards.

And he isn't much worse defensively than either of those 2.

Sick of that crap.
Parenteau hasn't been on a line with Tavares for quite a few games now.

iamitter is offline  
Old
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  #125
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Hagelin and hitting the proverbial wall:

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...ting-the-wall/

Quote:
John Tortorella said recently that he isn’t worried about Hagelin hitting the rookie wall:

“I think he is full of energy, in great shape and he is such an efficient skater. He has been a very effective player for us and I think that adrenaline will help him.”

On the pregame show yesterday, Joe mentioned that the team told Hagelin to find a permanent place in NYC to live.

Jabroni is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.