HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Next Two Games

Old
01-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Bryz is going to have a great game, and we're going to beat Boston.

I'm trying positivity for a change.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I love the responses on this board. 5th place in the east (2 points out of 4th with 4 games in hand on the Sens...) and the team was on top of the division and conference for a pretty good chunk of the season and suddenly we don't have the personnel to compete consistently. This is my favorite part of HF Boards. Win a couple, team is unstoppable OMG I can't believe how awesome they are. Team loses a couple, nothing can help this team is terrible are you kidding me they won't win another game ever.

While these next two games are obviously big, win or lose both of them, I don't think it changes the direction this team is going. Trades will be made regardless and Lavy isn't going anywhere regardless.
we played against boston and i think we all know how it turned right?. there is not much place to be optimists against them..

but speaking for myself, i didn't say our team is bad and nothing them help them all i said was i don't believe we can win over boston while we are not doing as well as we did in first part of season

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Bryz is going to have a great game, and we're going to beat Boston.

I'm trying positivity for a change.
worked for me last time against minnesota

Old
01-20-2012, 10:19 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
The most likely notable occurrence over the next 30 games is that the team's high performing rookies hit their respective walls, as rookies are wont to do, and the Flyers suffer dire consequences as a result. Add in Jagr's age and the wear and tear on Timonen and the prospective picture for March and April is not a lovely one.

More importantly, if one believes the aforementioned player performance degradation to be likely, then one cannot believe that trading significant futures for a blueliner will result in anything more than an extra game or two won in the early rounds.

So I agree Dats, patience is a virtue here.

And DFF it ain't "suddenly", it's a gradual process wherein rookies wear down and older player do the same.
I agree the rookies will likely hit a wall. Jagr and Timonen wearing down, I'm not so sure of, but that is obviously a huge possibility. You also have to factor in that some of the guys that have not exactly been lighting it up could also turn it around and pick up the slack dropped by the rookies. Not to mention the possibility of a trade(s) for a D-man and a forward. Whether they bet the farm on a big name or trade picks and prospects for a rental(s), adding a new D-man and winger to this team could really make a difference. It is unlikely they go out and get Weber or Suter PLUS a winger, but I could see a deal bringing in players like Gleason and Rutuu from Carolina, which would be a great help to this team now and down the stretch. Either way, this season is far from over and the team is from not competing consistently. Rough patch, yes. In trouble, no.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
we played against boston and i think we all know how it turned right?. there is not much place to be optimists against them..

but speaking for myself, i didn't say our team is bad and nothing them help them all i said was i don't believe we can win over boston while we are not doing as well as we did in first part of season
While I wouldn't consider the Flyers favorites against Boston, there is absolutely no reason to think they can't beat them.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
RyK15*

I think Boston is going to be make or break for Bryz. If he cannot deliver and prove that he can show up big time, then I think he gets run out of this town.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
While I wouldn't consider the Flyers favorites against Boston, there is absolutely no reason to think they can't beat them.
basicly thats what i meant

Old
01-20-2012, 06:19 PM
mirimon

Quote:
I agree the rookies will likely hit a wall. Jagr and Timonen wearing down, I'm not so sure of, but that is obviously a huge possibility. You also have to factor in that some of the guys that have not exactly been lighting it up could also turn it around and pick up the slack dropped by the rookies. Not to mention the possibility of a trade(s) for a D-man and a forward. Whether they bet the farm on a big name or trade picks and prospects for a rental(s), adding a new D-man and winger to this team could really make a difference. It is unlikely they go out and get Weber or Suter PLUS a winger, but I could see a deal bringing in players like Gleason and Rutuu from Carolina, which would be a great help to this team now and down the stretch. Either way, this season is far from over and the team is from not competing consistently. Rough patch, yes. In trouble, no.
Quote:
I agree with these.

At least, I hope Holmgren doesn't do anything drastic just based off of two or three games played. I like this patient approach he's had so far. I hope we can land some players(s) to improve our team before the trade deadline, but we're not in a position where we need to overpay for someone just to add players.

Boston is a really good team, and they would clearly be the favourites in a playoff matchup against us, but they are not invincible.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:26 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
3 out of 4 points minimum this weekend, IMO. Flyers will step up

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
I think Boston is going to be make or break for Bryz. If he cannot deliver and prove that he can show up big time, then I think he gets run out of this town.

He isnt going anywhere.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I just want to say what a huge weekend this was for our team. Yeah we didnt get the two points , because we suck at shootouts, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

The flyers out hit and out muscled the Bruins, a team that won a stanley cup by out muscling everybody. Scheen, Sesitito,Coburn, and Voracek were all flying around and being Physical.Sestitio took Chara Down two times with Hits. I can't even recall the last time we took him down once.

I think the lineup we fielded out there today will be more effective against physical teams, then a team with Briere, JVR and JAGR. Say what you want about those 3 guys, I love them, but I also know what style of hockey they play.

I hope this game opens Lavy's eyes to the idea of playing Sestito more regularly, and open's Holmgren's eyes to the fact that he Needs to replace Bourdon with a Physical Defenseman Type.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:05 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
3 out of 4 points minimum this weekend, IMO. Flyers will step up
Good call MountainHawk

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Good call MountainHawk

agreed, nice use of the crystal ball there..

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

All in all a good and fun weekend.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I just want to say what a huge weekend this was for our team. Yeah we didnt get the two points , because we suck at shootouts, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

The flyers out hit and out muscled the Bruins, a team that won a stanley cup by out muscling everybody. Scheen, Sesitito,Coburn, and Voracek were all flying around and being Physical.Sestitio took Chara Down two times with Hits. I can't even recall the last time we took him down once.

I think the lineup we fielded out there today will be more effective against physical teams, then a team with Briere, JVR and JAGR. Say what you want about those 3 guys, I love them, but I also know what style of hockey they play.

I hope this game opens Lavy's eyes to the idea of playing Sestito more regularly, and open's Holmgren's eyes to the fact that he Needs to replace Bourdon with a Physical Defenseman Type.
JvR would do just fine against a physical team. I think Jagr would as well. Briere...not so much.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote