HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#48 KINGS v. FLAMES, 1/19/12 ... More Loser Points ... yippie ?

Old
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
...... help Loki get someone who can finish.

Poni's the guy & it'll only likely cost us a 3rd round pick & Moller.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Only if Ruutu comes with him and somehow Penner goes the other way...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Only if Ruutu comes with him and somehow Penner goes the other way...

Then we'd have to add a 1st and maybe a prospect who hasn't bolted to Europe.

Old
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Guess what also might not be in the playoffs at this rate? The Kings...

These loser points they are getting are also giving points to other teams that are chasing them and that's bound to catch up to them sooner or later.
Teams that the Kings gave a "loser" point to, Kings got 2 points:

Toronto (Pre-Sutter)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Vancouver

Vancouver is going to get a top 3 seed no matter where the Kings finish, not a big deal to give them a point. Phoenix is the only one on this list that really matters. Are you really worried about Anaheim catching the Kings? Toronto doesn't matter at all.

Teams that gave the Kings a "loser" point and got 2 points

Winnipeg
Colorado
San Jose
Dallas
Edmonton
Calgary

Kings aren't going to catch San Jose anyways and Dallas is the only team that really matters from this list, being in the pacific division. I'm not worried about any teams in this list.

I guess we should just go back to the Murray days when the Kings lost in regulation more often.

Teams that the Kings beat in regulation under Sutter:
Vancouver
Chicago
Phoenix
Calgary
Washington

Team that beat the Kings in regulation under Sutter:
Columbus

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Kings aren't going to catch San Jose anyways......

Not with THAT attitude!!!

Old
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Not with THAT attitude!!!
Attitude doesn't have anything to do with it. The Kings just spotted them too big of a lead and Dean waited a month too long to fire Murray.

Old
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

cant we just trade Stoll already, he has a decent chunk of trade value as a solid 3rd line c who can fill in as #2, and if we are using him as a winger, we may aswell trade him for 1

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
That second line needs a shake up. Stoll sucks and Penner plays like he's 5'8.
Man this board is so typical. Penner just came off his best game as a King against Vancouver and earned a lot of praise. Then he has this game, which IMO wasn't terrible, and people want him run out of town. Run him out for his play since he's been a King, sure, but not for this one game. I swear half this board is bi-polar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
For getting at least a point pretty much every night people sure complain a lot.
100% agreed. For those who natter on and on that "we aren't 8-1-6, we are 8-7" who cares? We are 8-1-6 under the current point system. When the playoffs come, then we can talk about the issue of OT/SO losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
8-1-6 under Sutter

Is that really considered a great record? That's basically an 8-7 record. Mediocre.

But hey, thank God for hockey's point system.
Yep, thank God for the system that has us with the best winning percentage in the entire league since Sutter came on baord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
In the game, he's amazing. In shootouts, not so much.
Good, since we don't have shootouts in the playoffs huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
that many OT and SO losses really doesn't bode well for the playoffs, in all honesty -- especially when the teams the Kings are chasing manage to keep acquiring points at a faster pace than the Kings do. So, yes, I refuse to condemn people for complaining, or to apologize for any complaints I may have. I refuse to be bullied into not expressing my opinion by people who themselves complain just as much, but about other posters instead of the team.
No one is complaining about you, or bullying you. Chill out. They just have a different belief than you, which is fine.

As for the comment about other teams "acquiring points faster than the Kings," BS. We have the best winning percentage in NHL if we would have played the whole season under Sutter. I don't like going to OT/SO as often as we are either, but I'll gladly take this record at this point given how dire the playoffs were looking when Darryl came into the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Honestly Penner is too slow and lazy to be on this team and on second line. Gotta get him out of here. I dont care if his games been decent of LATE, he needs to be gone with stoll. Penner is just so noncompetitive. get penner and stoll out.
To slow, lazy, sucks, blah blah blah. A game ago most were praising him, now he's dog ****. It's amazing how this board gets when we lose, it's beyond predictable. Two other Kings had great scoring chances late too, but no one can ention those guys, just Penner. Only one Kings scored a goal all night, and none scored in the final 61 minutes (counting overtime) but yeah,. Penner sucks. Spread the blame around. Almost everyone but Quick deserves the blame for this loss.

Quote:
Ok, then how's 3-4 (and ten no-decisions) in OT then?
I'm fine with it, especially considering the fact we have no idea how those 10 no-decisions would have played out. The Kings are used to playing tight-checking, low scoring hockey. If that's who it'll be in the playoffs, I'll take my chacnes with this team for sure. Obviously the run and gun playoffs we've had the past two years didn't work out to well did they?

Quote:
Absolutely get rid of the shootout.

My proposal, for years, has been to extend OT to 10 minutes (five on five, none of this gimmick @#$@), and ditch the shootout... but go with soccer's point system. THREE points for a win (regulation or OT), ZERO points for a loss (regulation or OT), and ONE point each for a tie.

That still preserves an incentive to try to win in OT -- even if you lose more than you win in OT, you're still ahead of the points you'd get for settling for a tie... unless you lose more than two-thirds of the time in OT.

Make it happen, NHL.
I agree, get rid of the shootout. Never wanted it to begin with. What sport plays a team game for 65 minutes, then lets individuals win the game? It'd be like the NFL having a time game so they allow the field goal kickers to keep kicking field goals until one missed.

I'd rather see the NHL go with a 15 minute overtime and see who wins. If it's still tied after 15 more minutes, then call it a draw. Water the ice if you have to midway through, just go simple and allow the teams to continue play until they score.

Quote:
Guess what also might not be in the playoffs at this rate? The Kings...

These loser points they are getting are also giving points to other teams that are chasing them and that's bound to catch up to them sooner or later.
As I said above, we are winning at a.733 pace under Sutter. If even one team catches us at that pace, nevermind two, all the power to them. They clearly deserved it.

Quote:
We got rid of him because the guy basically he sucked and had no support from even the fan base, and now he's the answer to our woes? He has 15 points in 48 games and sucked here last year under nearly the same coaching system. He's not the solution.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
cant we just trade Stoll already, he has a decent chunk of trade value as a solid 3rd line c who can fill in as #2, and if we are using him as a winger, we may aswell trade him for 1
Who needs a poor man's 2nd line center and has extra wingers? Who would trade for an UFA to be for anything but prospects/picks?

Old
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Then we'd have to add a 1st and maybe a prospect who hasn't bolted to Europe.
If it'll cost a first then forget it...

Dear DL here is how the off-season and next year should go:

1.Sign Gleason, Ruutu, and Poni
2.Force Sutter to play Poni with Loki and Lewis, give Gleason Mitchell's minutes(since he'll be leaving, ) and play Ruutu on Richards wing.
3.Raise Stanley Cup

Old
01-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I'm fine with it, especially considering the fact we have no idea how those 10 no-decisions would have played out. The Kings are used to playing tight-checking, low scoring hockey. If that's who it'll be in the playoffs, I'll take my chacnes with this team for sure. Obviously the run and gun playoffs we've had the past two years didn't work out to well did they?
This is the biggest thing that Sutter will fix in the playoffs. He actually keeps the pressure up on the other team no matter what the score is. Murray's teams just sat back and let the other team dictate the style and couldn't adjust during games.

I like the Kings chances in the playoffs with Sutter way more than with Murray.

Last edited by Sydor25: 01-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

We got rid of him because the guy basically he sucked and had no support from even the fan base, and now he's the answer to our woes? He has 15 points in 48 games and sucked here last year under nearly the same coaching system. He's not the solution.

He only "appeared" to suck because our previous coach failed to utilize all four lines correctly. He's collecting points at almost twice the rate this year than last & his cap hit is cut in half. He's excellent on the PK, too.

Is Poni the answer to the Kings woes? Unknown, but he'd be a definite upgrade on Loktionov's wing considering who we have there now.

Last edited by Capn Brown: 01-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Not sure what's more uneventful...watching the Kings or the sleep it induces.
Last night I dreamed we signed a free agent to replace Stoll...Ziggy Palffy!

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
He only "appeared" to suck because our previous coach failed to utilize all four lines correctly. He's collecting points at almost twice the rate this year than last & his cap hit is cut in half. He's excellent on the PK, too.

Is Poni the answer to the Kings woes? Unknown, but he'd be a definite upgrade on Loktionov's wing considering who we have there now.
Unreal.

He "appeared" to suck? He sucked! Constant 20 goal threat prior to coming here, he managed five goals in LA. He has seven now. 14 goals in 125 games since leaving Toronto. Misused or not, and he was misued because he stank in the first place and earned a ticket to the fourth line, he still shouldn't be scoring just five goals.

Also, he has a points per game average of .246 here. In Carolina it is .313. That is not even close to twice the rate.

Finally, Darryl Sutter hasn't changed the system in LA much, even the players have said as such. Just changed a few things and changed the mentality. Poni sucked in our system and he will suck again, just as he has sucked everywhere but Toronto in his career.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Unreal.

He "appeared" to suck? He sucked! Constant 20 goal threat prior to coming here, he managed five goals in LA. He has seven now. 14 goals in 125 games since leaving Toronto. Misused or not, and he was misued because he stank in the first place and earned a ticket to the fourth line, he still shouldn't be scoring just five goals.

Also, he has a points per game average of .246 here. In Carolina it is .313. That is not even close to twice the rate.

Finally, Darryl Sutter hasn't changed the system in LA much, even the players have said as such. Just changed a few things and changed the mentality. Poni sucked in our system and he will suck again, just as he has sucked everywhere but Toronto in his career.

....and he's also a huge upgrade over Richardson & Lewis.

He's got more points than both those guys combined. Plus he's large and can screen the goalie more efficiently than those guys.

If Poni "sucks", I'd really hate to hear your assessment of Richardson & Lewis.

Last edited by Capn Brown: 01-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
DaAnimal

Seriously guys, Penner has been playing really well and I honestly mean it. I dont know why there are so much hate for this guy.

Pre Sutter, I felt DD was the issue for this team. Now that sutter has stepped in, DD seemed more poised and he is having fun out there. I love it when DD smiles, its all about having fun, sure they are professionals but if they love what they do, then they will be successful at it.

The biggest headache at the very moment is Stoll. The guy is just completely useless........ I have no idea why we use him on the PP. I have no idea why he is playing on the 2nd line with Richards. He really needs to be shipped out while his value is still high. He can do well for teams that are struggling to win faceoffs. Lets be honest with ourselves, stoll is no longer the sniper we hoped.

Theres no point for Sutter to change the system. Our system is fine, this is a defense first team and dump n chase offense. Ultimately, Sutter brought the confidence that the players needed. He brought back the fun mentality and most importantly he's motivating players. That's so important as a coach (imo).

As for trade, im all in for keeping penner till the end of the season, but I really REALLY want to get rid of Stoll.

Stoll+Martinez+pick or Stoll+Bernier+pick/Martinez or Stoll+Voynov+pick or Stoll+JJ (i would hate and I MEAN HATE to get rid of JJ, but sometimes when you want another core player, you have to get rid of one of your core players): package them for a really nice star winger.

Last edited by DaAnimal: 01-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.
DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

It sure would be nice to put Gagne on the second line with Richards, and move Stoll down to the Hunter's spot (or trade him). I wonder when we'll get an update on Gagne's status.

Seventyx7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Seriously guys, Penner has been playing really well and I honestly mean it. I dont know why there are so much hate for this guy.

Pre Sutter, I felt DD was the issue for this team. Now that sutter has stepped in, DD seemed more poised and he is having fun out there. I love it when DD smiles, its all about having fun, sure they are professionals but if they love what they do, then they will be successful at it.

The biggest headache at the very moment is Stoll. The guy is just completely useless........ I have no idea why we use him on the PP. I have no idea why he is playing on the 2nd line with Richards. He really needs to be shipped out while his value is still high. He can do well for teams that are struggling to win faceoffs. Lets be honest with ourselves, stoll is no longer the sniper we hoped.
I agree about Penner, I just think that if another player is brought in his contract has to be the first to go. Stoll can at least win faceoffs so he has some value (just not as a wing) come playoff time. Stoll on the PP has to end, but I really don't know who else you can use in his place... Other issue is you can't really trade Stoll (or Penner for that matter) for much than picks as rental players unless another deal happens because both right now are better options where they are at than anyone else would be.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
....and he's also a huge upgrade over Richardson & Lewis.

He's got more points than both those guys combined. Plus he's large and can screen the goalie more efficiently than those guys.

If Poni "sucks", I'd really hate to hear your assessment of Richardson & Lewis.
I've said my assessment like 20 games ago. Trade them if you can. I'd be ok with waiving them.

Granted, they have looked a bit better under Sutter and with Loki, but not much. Lewis really needs to go IMO.

Saying that Ponikarovsky is better than Lewis and Richardson is like saying MacDonald's is better than Taco Bell. Neither is good for your system.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Teams that the Kings gave a "loser" point to, Kings got 2 points:

Toronto (Pre-Sutter)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Vancouver

Vancouver is going to get a top 3 seed no matter where the Kings finish, not a big deal to give them a point. Phoenix is the only one on this list that really matters. Are you really worried about Anaheim catching the Kings? Toronto doesn't matter at all.

Teams that gave the Kings a "loser" point and got 2 points

Winnipeg
Colorado
San Jose
Dallas
Edmonton
Calgary

Kings aren't going to catch San Jose anyways and Dallas is the only team that really matters from this list, being in the pacific division. I'm not worried about any teams in this list.

I guess we should just go back to the Murray days when the Kings lost in regulation more often.

Teams that the Kings beat in regulation under Sutter:
Vancouver
Chicago
Phoenix
Calgary
Washington

Team that beat the Kings in regulation under Sutter:
Columbus

While I disagree that we won't catch Dallas I think that you are right on and I hadn't considered this at all. Way to go 25.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
He is paid to produce and he hasn't. it is simple as that. I know other players are underachieving but none or close to Penner's futility. And I don't care if he goes and scored 50 goals on another team. I want the Kings to do well and if he isn't in the equation then good riddance.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Last night I dreamed we signed a free agent to replace Stoll...Ziggy Palffy!
Last night I dreamt Stoll didn't cause the FAA to declare the Staples Center a no fly zone during Kings games.

Oh dreams....

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Also that Colorado game on Saturday is HUGE.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I really don't care about all the negative crap some of you guys write on here, I believe in this team again. Games like last night are brutal to watch, but the Kings keep grinding away.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:29 PM
DeeMeck

I try not to complain about officiating....but...

You know how a crap team like the Flames can beat the Kings?

Let them hook and hold all night.

Lewis was mugged twice in the neutral zone. The picture up on Lakings insider view from Calgary is an uncalled hook on Cammalleri. Brown was pounced on by Iginla, and was tripped blatantly but I'll let that one slide due to his reputation. I am sure we did some too, but not to the extent the Flames did.

Calgary defenders were using their free arm all night behind the net. Yet when Fraser used his free arm for a split second he got called.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote