HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wager: When is Jagr going to explode in Philly?

View Poll Results: When will Jagr implode?
5 games 1 6.67%
10 games 0 0%
15 games 2 13.33%
20 games 2 13.33%
25 games 0 0%
30 games 1 6.67%
35 games 0 0%
playoffs 4 26.67%
off-season 2 13.33%
already has 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2012, 01:26 AM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

vCash: 500
Wager: When is Jagr going to explode in Philly?

read this: http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...nd-a-lot-more/

In some weird way, I think this article brings closure to the Jagr episode. This sounds like a foreshadowment of "Dying Alive v. 2012".

edit: title should say implode, typo.

Last edited by theicebox: 01-20-2012 at 01:35 AM.
theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:04 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

That's a terrible interview IMO. But its funny how he thinks that since sid and geno made so much he wouldn't be on the top line if he made 1.8.

btw 1.8 was a ****** offer if true. Like real ******

OnMyOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

I think the article was written in a way to portray him poorly. I don't think he's going to freak out, honestly. As much as I and the rest of us would love for it to happen, I just don't see it happening. Holmgren proved with the Richards and Carter deals that he won't tolerate anything but a team mentality and atmosphere in the locker room, and I don't think Laviolette would stand for it either.

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Jagr's mentality really, really wouldn't have fit in with this team.

His "me-first" attitude is pretty much the polar opposite of Sid and Geno.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
clefty
What?

Other: Don't care.

Whats done is done, its finished. He's been gone for over a decade - gone for basically as long as he was here. I'm over it.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
JWells16

I don't think he will.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
NastyNick

If the Flyers go on a bad losing streak like the Penguins, i think you'll see that team start to crack. Jagr is a great teammate when things are going well..

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:45 AM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

More Jagr trollolololololing with his Pittsburgh comments.

Yes, Jaromir, you would be playing on the 4th line here, behind Neal, Dupuis, and Kennedy.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:11 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Who gives a ****?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
sina220*

He won't...because they're gonna re-sign him.

sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Lim Ran

Nobody cares. Jagr isn't a Penguin anymore. He threw his legacy away for a million bucks.

He genuinely doesn't care about you, so stop caring about him. He'll be washed up soon.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

There have been rumblings in the last couple of days about him resigning, despite his statement in the off season about only wanting one more year in the NHL before focusing on his team in Czechoslovakia. Jagr is gonna Jagr.

The saner posters pointed out that he would still produce but would probably wind down as the season progressed. And that seems to be happening. Whether or not he releases his inner diva is, thankfully, Philly's problem and not ours.

Personally, my only interest is in the overall picture of the Flyers as an opponent and what the Pens need to do to beat them. Jagr is only one of the issues they're having, along with goalie and defense situations.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
SkullSplitter

Jagr's so full of ****. Of course money was an important factor to him. It wasn't the most important factor to him because he wants to play in the NHL, but it was an important factor to him.

I don't really buy him being that stupid, not understanding the salary cap, not understanding that Pascal effing Dupuis would be on the top line if everyone was healthy who makes less than 1.8

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Pengo

I hope he signs here in the offseason. One my favorite Penguins and one of the greatest players ever in the NHL.

I would be sad if Philly fans end up insulting him or whatever if he signs somewhere else.

This line is fairly obvios, but it's true:

Quote:
“I’m telling you one thing. They don’t have to worry. If I’m going to play good, I’m probably going to be here. If I’m going to play bad, what am I going to do here? I just don’t want to sit around.”
If he remains plaing well and/or has a good playoffs, he isn't going to "implode" in Philly. If he doesn't, he basically says he isn't going to retire. And another team will most likely sign him.

Last edited by Pengo: 01-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Sotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeganX View Post
There have been rumblings in the last couple of days about him resigning, despite his statement in the off season about only wanting one more year in the NHL before focusing on his team in Czechoslovakia. Jagr is gonna Jagr.

The saner posters pointed out that he would still produce but would probably wind down as the season progressed. And that seems to be happening. Whether or not he releases his inner diva is, thankfully, Philly's problem and not ours.

Personally, my only interest is in the overall picture of the Flyers as an opponent and what the Pens need to do to beat them. Jagr is only one of the issues they're having, along with goalie and defense situations.
That could become a little difficult.

Sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEC View Post
That could become a little difficult.
Sorry. Czech Republic.

You'll have to forgive me. Since I completed my education countries are no longer countries, centrifugal force isn't really a force, Pluto isn't a planet, the Stegosaurus isn't actually another dinosaur ... It's hard to keep up sometimes

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
edog37

Jagr is still an ass....I seriously think the guy is brain dead....

edog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Don't care about Jagr, he's a Philadelphia player now. I hope he doesn't "explode" though and starts to decline, would be nice to see in an unfair way.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
smetana

I'm going to enjoy watching that whole team "implode." **** Jagr and the rest of 'em, too.

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Why is this even a thread? Am just honestly wondering?

He's not a Penguin anymore and he sold any chance maintaining of his legacy with us for a cool extra million last summer. And given his "stir the pot" media bull****tery he has the mentality of an ant it seems like, with his constantly still yammring about us everytime he gets a chance.

Rehashing threads about him just seems like we're still pining for him back/are secretly jealous that he chose Philly instead of us. Just be happy that that idiot manchild is their problem and not ours.

Personally, I'll stick to watching Beast Mode Geno thank you.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Dan Barr

He doesn't sound too unreasonable in this particular interview. His comments about Miller and Hrdina were pretty funny though...

Also, this stuff:

You never tasted beer in your life?
“I tasted beer, but I don’t like that taste. That’s why I don’t drink it. That’s a huge advantage for me.

Did you ever smoke?
“No.”

Is there a soda that you drink?
“I like Diet Coke. I even drink it during a game. I like Diet Coke. No vitamins, nothing … Diet Coke.”

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Pengo

I think it's sad that there are so many Jagr haters here.

After being traded to Deroit, Hasek said "I am a Red Wing" or something like that and people in Buffalo were angry at him (also for his ego). But recently Hasek has gotten back with Buffalo, and it makes no sense to say he isn't a Sabre.

Jagr is the same way. What about when he retires and isn't playing for any team? To me he definitely is a Penguin and should have his number retired, be in the Pens HoF, and all the other honors (not sure how many fans agree or disagree with that).

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
SirBrad

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
I think it's sad that there are so many Jagr haters here.

After being traded to Deroit, Hasek said "I am a Red Wing" or something like that and people in Buffalo were angry at him (also for his ego). But recently Hasek has gotten back with Buffalo, and it makes no sense to say he isn't a Sabre.

Jagr is the same way. What about when he retires and isn't playing for any team? To me he definitely is a Penguin and should have his number retired, be in the Pens HoF, and all the other honors (not sure how many fans agree or disagree with that).
It's sad you're right, but alot of the hate he brought on himself really. Be it with his attitude/hypocritical-ness, among other things.

Personally I'm still steamed at his “It’s not about the money. I would play for the league minimum just to have a chance to join Mario Lemieux’s team once again.” comment. We all know how that panned out this summer, and I'm sorry but you do not, I repeat do not betray Sir Mario like that. I mean Jagr strung us along for what, 3 years with that nonsense? Only to spit in our organization's face for some extra cash at the last minute.

He cares about himself and as far as I'm concerned... screw him. Our team doesn't need that narcissistic puddinghead corrupting Sid and or maybe Geno...with his attitude. We have a great young and humble core and I would think we want it to stay that way.

Plus it's pretty sad when both the Pens and the Caps fanbases agree that he's a putz.

Last edited by MetalheadPenguinsFan: 01-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Jaded-Fan

I really could give a damn about Jagr, except to boo the hell out of him (never did that before but would this year) when he comes to town. I doubt most here think of him at all except for those dates. Honestly, Jagr is more important in his own mind than on the ice. He has 34 points, which is Kunitz level. He is no longer all that relevant, except in name. And is like the GF who jilted you and keeps asking how much you miss her to stroke her own ego.

If you look at the stats, whipping boy Steve Sullivan is exactly where I said he would be, a dozen points lower than Jagr, with 8 goals and 14 assists. Tells you a lot. And I said at the time of the signing, and definately believe, that his stats go down as the season continues and the wear of 40 years is being felt in an 82 game season.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote