HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger: Canadiens interested in Derek Roy

Old
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Imagine the return for 'selling' Plekanec.
Oh boy.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I wonder when is the last time Dredger was relevant? He is good at receive the news after the fact, but rumor wise he isn't reliable.
Exactly

He's being groomed to become the next Mckenzie but he is far from it. The only thing I'll believe from Dreger is when he announces that a trade has already taken place and an announcement will be made later. If its a rumor or speculation...I never listen to Dreger.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I seriously hope he's not that crazy.

How is tying yourself to a dumb contract like Thomas Kaberle's selling?

As for Cammy... that's not selling dude. That is exchanging one 30 year old for another. The contract hit is a little better? So what. We didn't get any kind of impact prospect or 1st round pick out of it. It was basically Cammy for Bourque. That's not selling.
We still had a chance at the playoffs when we traded for Kaberle, its not like we tried trading for Kaberle when we were 10 points out of the playoffs. If our powerplay improved we could've been in a playoff spot or close to one by now, it didn't and we are where we are largely because our PP is the worst in the league.

I love how when we trade a second round pick away people freak out, but when we acquire a second round pick its not considered an asset. Also, the contract hit isn't a "little better" we save $2.7 million, pretty sure $2.7 million is a big deal for a team close to the cap ceiling.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Patty Roy

Quote:
Roy is a very good player but with the way our team is now I wouldn't trade futures for him.
Roy's a good player no doubt...but he's just the exact opposite of what we need right now.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I seriously hope he's not that crazy.

As for Cammy... that's not selling dude. That is exchanging one 30 year old for another. The contract hit is a little better? So what. We didn't get any kind of impact prospect or 1st round pick out of it. It was basically Cammy for Bourque. That's not selling. It was the move of a desperate man trying to save his job.
It's selling when you gain 2.7 mil in cap room, a 2nd round pick and a prospect plus get bigger, best of all worlds.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Le depisteur

Confirmed by an other source...

Derek Roy to Habs (e3)

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
since when Gauthier was in selling mode when he traded or Kaberle?

At the time, we were still hopeful to make the playoff. Don't rewrite history into a version friendly to your mindless rants.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Roy's a good player no doubt...but he's just the exact opposite of what we need right now.
So we want big guys that are lazy and have no skill?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I wonder when is the last time Dredger was relevant? He is good at receive the news after the fact, but rumor wise he isn't reliable.
Exactly, his potential GM list for the habs was an absolute joke.

Posters on this board have better knowledge on who the habs should be targeting then he apparently does.

Makes you wonder what it takes to be an "insider".

Bob Mckenzie is the only hockey personality I'll listen too.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
couris

keep desharnais, trade plekachu for something. he has the vision of a third liner.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
We still had a chance at the playoffs when we traded for Kaberle, its not like we tried trading for Kaberle when we were 10 points out of the playoffs. If our powerplay improved we could've been in a playoff spot or close to one by now, it didn't and we are where we are largely because our PP is the worst in the league.
I don't care. We tied ourselves to a one dimensional player with a bad contract in a desperate attempt to make 8th place. Why hurt yourself for the future so you can get the last playoff spot?

You don't do this if you have any kind of long term plan.

Quote:
I love how when we trade a second round pick away people freak out, but when we acquire a second round pick its not considered an asset. Also, the contract hit isn't a "little better" we save $2.7 million, pretty sure $2.7 million is a big deal for a team close to the cap ceiling.
Who gives a crap? Seriously man. So we save on the cap space... we still wasted a valuable asset on a lateral move. Again, this was a desperate trade by a guy trying fruitlessly to save his job.

As for the 2nd, sure it's an asset. But it's not something we should be happy with when we're giving away Mike Cammaleri. That 2nd rounder has about a 25-30% chance of even becoming an NHL player. That's fine if you're trading away Hal Gill but not Cammy.

Old
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
onice

Quote:

As for the 2nd, sure it's an asset. But it's not something we should be happy with when we're giving away Mike Cammaleri. That 2nd rounder has about a 25-30% chance of even becoming an NHL player. That's fine if you're trading away Hal Gill but not Cammy.
Did i miss something. Did Rene Bourque retire?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

This is what one Sabres fan thnks he can get for Roy !

"Make a deal, if possible, Roy for Carey Price. Maybe other parts or picks need to be involved.

Then, have another seperate deal where we find a trade partner for Ryan Miller."

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Protest the Hero

Derek Roy has been described as a locker room cancer by Sabres fans, and their record without him in the lineup is way better than when he's in the last two seasons. Keep him away from this team please.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Did i miss something.
Yeah, you did.

Old
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I really see no use in adding a guy like Roy to an already small team that has a minimal chance of making the playoffs. Gauthier would be again be showing how desperate and out of touch with reality he really is.

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-20-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: qdp
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Who gives a crap? Seriously man. So we save on the cap space... we still wasted a valuable asset on a lateral move. Again, this was a desperate trade by a guy trying fruitlessly to save his job.

Its funny how you complain about the Habs taking on the contract of a one-dimensional player with a big contract when that's what we got rid of with Cammalleri.

Cammalleri's value keeps declining as he's been injured parts of the past 3 years, has decreased production the past 3 years and his reputation around the league has made him known as a selfish player. When Cammalleri was with us he was a small one dimensional player with a big contract, now he gets traded away and apparently he's a valuable asset despite making $6 million a year and being on pace for 18 goals.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
I don't care. We tied ourselves to a one dimensional player with a bad contract in a desperate attempt to make 8th place. Why hurt yourself for the future so you can get the last playoff spot?

You don't do this if you have any kind of long term plan.

Like I said in another thread, I think your expectations on the returns our players will garner is too high. You have to keep in mind we're selling low. If the Sabres trade Roy now they are also most likely going to be selling low.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
onice

Quote:
Yeah, you did.
Or maybe you did. The trade was Cam + 5th for Bourque & a 2nd, not like you tried to make it seem. Ramo & Holland were a wash.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Protest the Hero

Go Look at the Sabres board, they want Eller+ prospects, and/or our first round pick.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Go Look at the Sabres board, they want Eller+ prospects, and/or our first round pick.
I want what they're on.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Its funny how you complain about the Habs taking on the contract of a one-dimensional player with a big contract when that's what we got rid of with Cammalleri.

Cammalleri's value keeps declining as he's been injured parts of the past 3 years, has decreased production the past 3 years and his reputation around the league has made him known as a selfish player. When Cammalleri was with us he was a small one dimensional player with a big contract, now he gets traded away and apparently he's a valuable asset despite making $6 million a year and being on pace for 18 goals.
The morning after his rant, analysts from every station talked about how a guy like him would be in high demand for teams trying to make a cup run. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that he had no trade value. It may not have been as high as it once was but he's still a very good sniper.

There's nothing wrong with taking salary back either. That's fine. But if you're going to trade away a guy like Cammy, you'd better be getting at least a 1st rounder out of it. Otherwise what's the point? We're sitting way out of a playoff spot and should be selling for prospects that we can build with.

Instead, PG tried to save his job. He makes a lateral trade for Bourque that he hopes will spur the team forward. A 2nd is nice so is Holland but they are afterthoughts and aren't likely to add any real value to our future. This was a lateral move that PG gambled would help spur us into 8th. It was a waste of a valuable asset in the name of short term gain.

We continue to make moves like this and then wonder why we are where we are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Or maybe you did. The trade was Cam + 5th for Bourque & a 2nd, not like you tried to make it seem. Ramo & Holland were a wash.
Nope, you did. I can't help you with reading comprehension though. Please don't waste my time with this stuff.
Quote:
Like I said in another thread, I think your expectations on the returns our players will garner is too high. You have to keep in mind we're selling low. If the Sabres trade Roy now they are also most likely going to be selling low.
I don't see how Cammy doesn't garner at least a 1st. We'd probably have to take salary back but there are too many teams in a playoff race right now. Washington and Pittsburgh (two teams that Cammy destroyed in the playoffs) are both in that group. You're not going to be able to convince me that Bourque + spare change is the best we could do. And if it was, then we should've just held onto him for another year and sold higher next season.

As for Roy, yeah you're right they're selling low. But why should we be even looking at this kind of move right now?

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old
01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
PATCHESx67

i lol'd at the sabres boards

Roy for Carey

Roy for Eller + MTL 1st 2012

i woudlnt give Eller alone for Roy

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
i lol'd at the sabres boards

Roy for Carey

Roy for Eller + MTL 1st 2012

i woudlnt give Eller alone for Roy
If they want Eller so bad they can have him for their 1st rounder!!!! Those fans are delusional, not easy being a Sabres and Bills fan

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If they want Eller so bad they can have him for their 1st rounder!!!! Those fans are delusional, not easy being a Sabres and Bills fan
Eller for their first is just as bad a proposal as them asking for Eller straight up for Roy.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote