HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Dreger: Canadiens interested in Roy

Old
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Make a deal, if possible, Roy for Carey Price. Maybe other parts or picks need to be involved.

Then, have another seperate deal where we find a trade partner for Ryan Miller.
Won't ever happen. Montreal isn't trading Price, especially for Roy.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Won't ever happen. Montreal isn't trading Price, especially for Roy.
Just as I'm about to rip Habs fans about unfair or unrealistic proposals… you go out there and do something like this?

AND TOOOOTTTTTALLLLLLLLYYYYYY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Just as I'm about to rip Habs fans about unfair or unrealistic proposals… you go out there and do something like this?

AND TOOOOTTTTTALLLLLLLLYYYYYY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!
I was going to comment on the initial post, but I'd rather praise your Dumb and Dumber reference.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I was going to comment on the initial post, but I'd rather praise your Dumb and Dumber reference.
I had low expectations when I came into this thread again. Now...not so much.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
5 Minute Major

I know reading comprehension isn't a real big thing for some, but I did indicate maybe other parts or picks would be necessary for a deal like that.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
BuzzKillington90

Sooooo much venom on the Habs board. I think, and I sound crazy for saying it, they are even more insane about things then we are O.o

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jagemon

Quote:
I know reading comprehension isn't a real big thing for some, but I did indicate maybe other parts or picks would be necessary for a deal like that.
Still incredibly stupid to even suggest that.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
If by other parts you mean Thomas Vanek or Tyler Myers, then yeah, sure. Montreal has zero reason to trade Carey Price unless it's for a severe overpayment. Derek Roy isn't even a starting point. Who are they going to play, Budaj? Right.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
Sooooo much venom on the Habs board. I think, and I sound crazy for saying it, they are even more insane about things then we are O.o
The Habs finally have a good, young, centre who is over 6' tall. A former 13th overall pick who has shown that he can take over a game at times (and not just talking about his four goal game). We're obviously going to want to hold onto the kid.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
With the amount of teams looking for top-6 forwards, and the dearth of sellers, Buffalo can, should, and will get good value if they decide to trade Stafford and/or Roy. No point in selling low and keeping Roy in the division--and I'm guessing Darcy would want a clear overpayment to send a top-6 forward to a division rival.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Yeah why would a Mtl team in obvious need for a rebuild think trading a 22 year old Lars Eller for an almost 30 Derek Roy is bad idea. They must be a bunch of homers. Except for the whole part where a still develloping Eller only has 4 less ES points than Roy while playing an ultra defensive role with mostly grinders.

Now back to being polite and non sarcastic.

Having your team be so bad when you tought they would, at the very least, be respectable can make you go crazy. Especially if you don't know wich direction the organisation even want to take. Like I said earlier, I feel for you, we are in the same situation.

Like I said earlier two teams in need of a rebuild-retool don't make good trading partners.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:33 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
I hope the venom is Habs fans wondering why their GM would have any interest in Roy given the current state of their team.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:34 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
hello all!

Habs fan here in peace, and to shed a light from the Habs perspective in term of a return for Roy. I can tell you the Habs do not acquire Roy without giving up Desharnais. Simply for the fact that there is no way in hell they go with 5'9/5'9/5'11/6'2 up the middle. Also they will not deal Eller (our only centre over 6 feet) unless its part of a bigger package including desharnais and some of your other players.

It sounds foolish but i dont see this trade happening unless desharnais is going the other way without eller going with him.

Desharnais
Kostitsyn
1st round pick

for

Roy

Sorry but that is just terrible from a Habs perspective. I doubt any deal will ever come out of this.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I hope the venom is Habs fans wondering why their GM would have any interest in Roy given the current state of their team.
It is.
Just like I wouldn't blame any of you guys for not wanting to give any promising young player for Plekanec. I mean you would technically get the best current player in the deal but, all habs fan clearly remember a deal in wich Scott Gomez was the best player. Don't know if you ever heard of that one, but it didn't work out that well.

Also go look at the list of habs draft picks in the last few years, now see how many of these guys were traded because of a lack of patience by the organisation and you'll see why the majority of habs fan don't want to give up on any young players.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Chris G

It's speculation from DD, but nothing will come of this. It has been addressed that the Canadiens get bigger directly from the GM. If he gets another midget like Roy, then its game over for him we already have Desharnais who is having a better year @ a fraction of the price.

Overall, forget about it guys it ain't gonna happen!

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I think I know why the Habs might be interested in Roy.

They are trying to pick up a bunch of Anglophone players who have names that sound like they French.

First it was Rene Bourque.

Next it's Derek Roy.

Who knows who they go after beyond that.'

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:00 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I think I know why the Habs might be interested in Roy.

They are trying to pick up a bunch of Anglophone players who have names that sound like they French.

First it was Rene Bourque.

Next it's Derek Roy.

Who knows who they go after beyond that.'

Derek will soon change the pronunciation of his last name to [ʁwa].

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

I don't want anything from the Habs period besides their first. Good for Eller that he finally scored some points After an amazing 17 in 77 games last season ... 17 in 43 this year is a big improvement for him!! I don't care that Roy only has 6 more ES points this year or whatever arbitrary and dumb stat it is because Roy has been a 70+ 2 way center the last 5 seasons prior to this one, so keep your average prospects Roys not going to be given away.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Chris G

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
I don't want anything from the Habs period besides their first. Good for Eller that he finally scored some points After an amazing 17 in 77 games last season ... 17 in 43 this year is a big improvement for him!! I don't care that Roy only has 6 more ES points this year or whatever arbitrary and dumb stat it is because Roy has been a 70+ 2 way center the last 5 seasons prior to this one, so keep your average prospects Roys not going to be given away.
MTL has done the Midget/Overpaid forward experiment...hasn't worked they have no need in hell for Roy...his skill is amazing when he's on...but his size is not there...MTL is too small at center. Buffalo is along the same path as MTL, overpaid for useless free agents...and its biting them in the ass now. Both teams are not viable trade partners due to the similarities.

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:18 AM
LyricalLyricist

Habs fan here. I like Roy, think he's a talented player but at end of the day, you gotta ask yourself. Does Roy for Plekanec make montreal better? Not really. At best, they are equal and it's lateral. Plekanec signed a long term extension as well, Roy is UFA next year and even smaller than Plekanec. Now...our first, it's likely a lottery pick, so obviously, no thanks. Just a while since we had a top pick excluding getting lucky 2005 getting 5th overall. We'll take it and draft a center if possible. As for Eller, he's our ONLY big center and will likely end up a 50 point 2B or great 3rd line center who can fill in in top 6. I don't see Eller as the big amazing center other habs fans do, but the reality is probably in the middle and he easily has top 6 upside but I personally don't see him as one. At the end of the day, I like Roy, think he's a great player but for the habs it doesn't make sense. We won't make the playoffs anyway and we just will waste our time getting smaller. The habs have a bunch of 2nd line forwards, some better than others but: Plekanec, Cole, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Kostitsyn, Bourque...We don't need another 1B or 2A line forward like Cole and Plekanec are. We need a top 3 guy and Roy isn't what we need right now. That's my POV really, not sure if you guys would agree.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

A big no thanks from me.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Phozzwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I'd consider Eller + 1st or maybe Eller + Leblanc

but again, i think moving Roy is a positive step even at 75 cents on the dollar.

I Like Eller, in a young Jochen Hecht kind of way...

Your obviously losing your mind if you think Montreal would be stupid enough to trade Eller plus a 1st or Leblanc for Roy. I wouldn't trade Eller for Roy straight up.

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
MTL has done the Midget/Overpaid forward experiment...hasn't worked they have no need in hell for Roy...his skill is amazing when he's on...but his size is not there...MTL is too small at center. Buffalo is along the same path as MTL, overpaid for useless free agents...and its biting them in the ass now. Both teams are not viable trade partners due to the similarities.
I agree with you except Roy is not overpaid. 4 mil a year is a good deal.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Buffalo built something like Montreal....small, fast forwards with a big name goalie. Look where it got each team? Habs say no to these kind of players

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Montreal fans overvaluing of Lars Eller has always baffled me. I would hope that Darcy would be able to wrangle at the very least, a high round pick on top of Eller for a player like Roy.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote