HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens fans have stopped caring

Old
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
It's not about being smart or stupid, it's not some kind of strategic investment, I want season tickets. I know my chances are better of moving up the waiting list after a season like this than during good times and if I ever get the chance, I'm jumping on it.

Anyway, waiting until things turn around isn't exactly brilliant, it will be sold out again and impossible to get tickets.
It's a long road ahead once you lose the fans, ESPECIALLY with tickets priced PRIMO DOLLARS....Id be shocked if there's a waiting list next yr.

It will only get worse at Bell this yr.

Montreal won't be any better next year,and i think IMHO your only seeing the beginning of a crash and burn for next 5 years.(on the ice /in the stands)

Don't get me wrong , there will be bright spots, Pac, Subby,DD LL, Em etc...but she's a going down ...

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I guess I'm part of the minority here. I've watched every game so far, plan on watching all the way until game 82 and hopefully more after that. No matter how bad the team plays, I'll always watch. I put up with the dark years in the early 2000s. This is a walk in the park.
Things haven't changed for me either. I love watching hockey. I enjoyed the last game against the Caps. The team isn't THAT bad. We aren't the Oilers from last year or the Islanders from the past few years.

I try to catch as many games as my schedule will permit me (90% or so). I record them if I can't be there and I do my best not to know the score before I watch the game. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to Habs games .

I hope the team gets better. I'd be happy if we stack up on draft picks and quit on the season. I'd also be happy to watch the team do its best to make (and most likely fail) the playoffs.

I used to be more passionate and scream at my tv more... I will probably do that again once the team becomes more exciting.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Well, the hard work needed as you put it will take a few years... we're half way trough season ONE of being bad and fans are already fed up with the losing...

and since it cost over half a billion to buy the Habs well...

If there's one thing we can already notice though is that most of those who wish for the habs to tank and rebuild... well, (most, not all) they're full of sh**! took them 45 games to turn their back on the team they pretend to be a fan of!
I still follow most of their games.

Besides, watching young players grow and develop together is far preferable than a cap-busting team full of underachieving, moaning 30 year olds. I just hope that's the message, not I WANT 90 POINT SEASON NOW!!!

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

I didn't stop caring, I just wish I could speed time to the draft and just forget about this craptacular season.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:03 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
stand in line to watch the AHL in Montreal?

I think too many smart ppl seeing the same thing...

i.e - empty seats and ratings heading thru the floor.

When you look to the farm, where is there any hope?

Leblanc won't save it next yr .
What are you talking about? I said I hope the bandwagon fans that are on the waiting list drop off and I might get mine sooner. What does LeBlanc have to do with anything?

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
What are you talking about? I said I hope the bandwagon fans that are on the waiting list drop off and I might get mine sooner. What does LeBlanc have to do with anything?
I just took a look at the waiting list, it really isn't that long
will be interesting to see the offseason ,if Habs go back to pre 2004

Category Price per seat
2011-12 season # of people
waiting as of January 6, 2012

Red C - Half Season (23 games) $2,242 2,319 people
Club Desjardins B - Half Season (23 games) $3,191 1,522 people
Club Desjardins B - Full Season (46 games) $5,759 1,369 people
White - Half Season (23 games) $1,380 2,555 people
Grey - Half Season (23 games)$995 2,186 people

*Price before taxes.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

By the way, I know some of you will say that this doesn't mean anything, but despite only winning 17 times this season, the Habs' goal differential is -10. That is exceptional, everything considered.

That means that the team isn't a train wreck. This goal differential is better than a few teams ahead of us in the general standing (Colorado, Florida, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Minnesota, Calgary). The season hasn't been blow-outs after blow-outs. The Canadiens are a competitive team.

I'm not trying to defend Gauthier or Martin or Cunneyworth. All I'm saying is, to those who think this season is a complete waste, this team isn't even that bad. It is not unwatchable. You watch with the hope that they can win and most game, they are in it.

Compare that to last year's Oilers... Their fans weren't even hoping for a win when they tuned in a game; they were hoping for their team not to get destroyed.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I've stopped caring and I've never missed a game since we have had RDS.

At once it was enjoyable to watch and see the prospects develop.

It's not enjoyable to see Emelin and Eller on the bench during the PP while we try to prove worth out of Gomez and Kaberle.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Let just say that I used to adjust my things I had to do based on Habs games. Needless to say, I don't do that anymore. But completely stop caring? No way and will never do that. 'Cause I actually like the sport. And I do think that with appropriate management, we could turn this around.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

s'alright...

the fans will stop showing up because the product on ice suck donkey balls. so molson will pressure his GM to make the team better now so they can fill seats, thus perpetuating moves that only make us better in the present rather than the future.

i ain't even mad...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
s'alright...

the fans will stop showing up because the product on ice suck donkey balls. so molson will pressure his GM to make the team better now so they can fill seats, thus perpetuating moves that only make us better in the present rather than the future.

i ain't even mad...
Sad thing is, you're probably right. In order to appease the fans mgmt will make MORE short term moves to try to get things turned around quicker thus perpetuating more mediocrity.

Again, it's one thing to watch your team struggle. It's another to watch them struggle AND continue to make short term moves. No elite prospects in the system... not good.

We had better hope that PK, Price and Max continue to get better because if any of them fall off it's going to be dark years ahead.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Fans or the players? Fans show up for games, players can't say the same.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Fans or the players? Fans show up for games, players can't say the same.
well fans are showing up less and less

havent seen the BC this "empty" for awhile

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck the Bean View Post
well now, if i have to choose between Playing Halo Reach with my buddies or watching the habs play poorly, the choice isn't hard to make... Habs games used to be on the top of my list but now, it's fallen in 2nd place for sure.
Not to mention Reach is an extremely boring game, so this just proves how bad the Canadiens are, right? Agree 100% then.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I know I've stopped caring.... You know it's really bad when you give up 2 goals on 5 shots, getting shut-out & you flip to the Raptors game & end up finding it way more entertaining.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:15 PM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
We're simply not like leafs fans. We don't deal with crap product.
They had no choice, they kept losing and got used to it. I hope they miss the playoffs again, their fans got very cocky at the beginning of the season...scrubs have no respect or know nothing about principle, if you gonna miss the playoffs for a decade straight, make sure you don't talk shyt to us

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
smon

Article is absolutely right. The season has been dead in the water for so many fans it seems.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:20 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
By the way, I know some of you will say that this doesn't mean anything, but despite only winning 17 times this season, the Habs' goal differential is -10. That is exceptional, everything considered.

That means that the team isn't a train wreck. This goal differential is better than a few teams ahead of us in the general standing (Colorado, Florida, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Minnesota, Calgary). The season hasn't been blow-outs after blow-outs. The Canadiens are a competitive team.

I'm not trying to defend Gauthier or Martin or Cunneyworth. All I'm saying is, to those who think this season is a complete waste, this team isn't even that bad. It is not unwatchable. You watch with the hope that they can win and most game, they are in it.

Compare that to last year's Oilers... Their fans weren't even hoping for a win when they tuned in a game; they were hoping for their team not to get destroyed.
I did a GDT not too long ago and that stat really stood out. If anything, it shows with a half decent power play, the Habs would probably in a playoff spot.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post

Compare it to this year's Buffalo (-29), Islanders (-25), Tampa (-33), big tough Anaheim (-21) or everyone's favourite Columbus (-42). There are two teams currently in playoff spots - Florida and Colorado, with worse GDs than us.

This doesn't mean we don't need work. Being better than the worst shouldn't be good enough, I agree. There's been some games this year we've been completely outclassed in, like against Washington, but every team has those. The 1st place Rangers had one of those against us.

The Habs more of the time are competitive. Yes it doesn't matter if you keep losing, but when you aren't getting regularly blown out like Columbus and Tampa, or more recently Buffalo, Minnesota and Edmonton, it means you aren't that far off.

The NHL is very competitive. There's a few teams that are consistently good and a few that are consistently bad, most teams go from being mid tier playoff teams to lost seasons with one or two slight change. Look at the reverse roles of Tampa and Ottawa this year. The competition is so close that losing 1 player or 1 guy having an off year can turn everything around. If Toronto didn't get Lupul out of nowhere, what do you think they would look like right now? They've been carried by him and Kessel since their hot start ended. If the Habs had an average power play instead of the worst power play I have ever seen...

This is why blowing up doesn't make any sense to me. This team needs work, but I don't see a hopeless team. Call me crazy if I think it's better to build around what we do have rather than gamble on redoing everything. The closest thing to a blow up in recent memory is what Gainey did in 2009. It paid off for 1 year, since then I've heard nothing but nostalgia for Koivu and Kovalev.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Habs Junkie

Personally I think the players stopped playing for the fans. Because 80% of you are disgrace!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Personally I think the players stopped playing for the fans. Because 80% of you are disgrace!

This has to be it...

Never mind the fans who fork over 10-20 k a year ,. just sit there and shut up ....

lol

OK

The fans if they were getting in for free or 5 bucks head, i agree, but there being ASKED to pay extortion in ticket prices to watch , SO how can't you expect the fans to react ?

The only DISGRACE i seen was the GM letting his player take a beating nightly playing a dead hockey style...

It was all down hill ...they waited for SUPPORT, never got any....

All the bodies were hitting the floor ,old GM claiming boys your heart's are big....

Couple that with a coach who played NJ style hockey...lol down she goes , like your seeing now , damage done .

When the house is still on fire is not the time to be moving in your new furniture...

Old
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Wait a minute...

The team is showing only a hint of wanting to become sellers this year, and already the fans are losing interest?

I thought the fans in Montreal were 100% loyal. I thought the franchise was a cash cow no matter the performance on the ice. Now you are saying the Molsons may actually be on something for not wanting to tank for fear of losing their investment? OMG! Because if there's a problem now, imagine how it would turn if the team would try to tank for a few years, like some jokers on this board have been harping again and again?

So, all this talk about management being simply incompetent for now wanting to tank, said by people who have absolutely no clue of what they are talking about, it was all crap?

What a surprise!

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Andy

As I thought. The bandwagoner fans willing to jump at the sight of struggle.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Wait a minute...

The team is showing only a hint of wanting to become sellers this year, and already the fans are losing interest?

I thought the fans in Montreal were 100% loyal. I thought the franchise was a cash cow no matter the performance on the ice. Now you are saying the Molsons may actually be on something for not wanting to tank for fear of losing their investment? OMG! Because if there's a problem now, imagine how it would turn if the team would try to tank for a few years, like some jokers on this board have been harping again and again?

So, all this talk about management being simply incompetent for now wanting to tank, said by people who have absolutely no clue of what they are talking about, it was all crap?

What a surprise!
It's the Gazette, they're the "drive time radio" of newspapers. I haven't seen a single good column, article or news story out of that dying rag in years. The Sports section is merely another insult to journalism.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
As I thought. The bandwagoner fans willing to jump at the sight of struggle.
And then when we're back in black, they'll be singing high praises.

**** them.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote