HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part III)

Old
01-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
The examples you gave where all done by a different GM (except for Kostitsyn) , the problem with Sergei was that his unhappiness with the coach was affecting Andrei as well and the GM thought it would be easier to trade then deal with which I kind of disagree with because you could see the talent oozing from Sergei and the return was terrible. However in the Pierre Gauthier era you can see a small change in philosophy , acquiring bigger players to complement our smaller skill players (Cole , Eller , Bourque). I personally have no problem with the recent history of Pierre Gauthier I often find he is blammed unfairly for issues caused by Gainey (not justifying his mistakes but the tragedies involving his family were quite evidently bothering his work life). Kaberle his a high risk / high reward the kind of player that works well in a system , yes he sucked in Carolina however how many of our fan base would have cried if he would have been picked up by someone else and regained his form (it's just what we needed to kick start our pp they would cry).

The point I'm clearly trying to make is that Gauthier isn't so bad and that some of the criticism is just unfair. I believe without a doubt that with Markov in the line-up we would be where Ottawa is right now if not better.

Imagine this

Cole-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Bourque-Gomez-Gionta
A.K-Eller-Moen
Blunden-Noki-White

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Diaz-Gill
(Weber).

This line-up would be playoff worthy , but injuries will happen (part of the game) and this year we just don't have that luck factor in regards to injuries. (see : Penguins , Buffalo , Edmonton , Flyers , list goes on...).
Gomez over Desharnais is hilarious.

Gill over Emelin is equally as disgusting although playoff Gill is good.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Not if you travelled the time-space continuum and teleported the Gomez from 5 years ago.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:49 AM
firewagon77*

some people on here no nothing about hockey saying dallas would never trade alex chiasson and 1st rounder for cammalleri well they traded jerome iginla who was a 1st round pick for joe niewendyck learn your history people.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Not if you travelled the time-space continuum and teleported the Gomez from 5 years ago.
If we could travel in time, there are a lot better players we could bring back than Gomez.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:55 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloffame44 View Post
some people on here no nothing about hockey saying dallas would never trade alex chiasson and 1st rounder for cammalleri well they traded jerome iginla who was a 1st round pick for joe niewendyck learn your history people.
That was Gainey who made that trade lol. Kind of ironic

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
HCH

I like a lot of the moves that Gauthier has made. The bad ones seem to be linked with a desire to appease Jacques Martin but most of them are not so bad that they are completely horrible. Sergei Kostitsyn may be the worst.

Others that some people hate include Campoli (who cost us nothing except cash) and Kaberle (who cost us only Spacek). Campoli was simply a fall back plan with a one year contract. The salary we took on hasn't hurt our roster flexibility in the short term and in the longer term we will have a new CBA.

The one that really hurt was Markov and while he perhaps should have known better, the human body is a complex piece of machinery. Had Markov returned to the lineup, Gauthier would have looked like a genius. What irritates me is the posters who wanted Markov re-signed and now gripe about it.

Slowly but surely, Gauthier has been changing the face of the team. Nokelainen for Trotter is another example. While Nokes doesn't play much, he has a role on this team. Trotter didn't.

The media can take some blame for this firestorm. They have completely failed to recognize that there has been a subtle change of direction over the past couple of years. Even our drafting looks different.

But I still think Gauthier would be better suited to a role as an advisor. He has set the course for the team and taken a lot of heat. He doesn't deflect blame but he doesn't handle the media well either.

Bring in a GM who can work with Gauthier and Molson. We all know the attributes he needs. Allow him to have input into who will be on the coaching staff. There is a lot of knowledge he could draw on.

This organization isn't as bad as it looks.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I like a lot of the moves that Gauthier has made. The bad ones seem to be linked with a desire to appease Jacques Martin but most of them are not so bad that they are completely horrible. Sergei Kostitsyn may be the worst.

Others that some people hate include Campoli (who cost us nothing except cash) and Kaberle (who cost us only Spacek). Campoli was simply a fall back plan with a one year contract. The salary we took on hasn't hurt our roster flexibility in the short term and in the longer term we will have a new CBA.

The one that really hurt was Markov and while he perhaps should have known better, the human body is a complex piece of machinery. Had Markov returned to the lineup, Gauthier would have looked like a genius. What irritates me is the posters who wanted Markov re-signed and now gripe about it.

Slowly but surely, Gauthier has been changing the face of the team. Nokelainen for Trotter is another example. While Nokes doesn't play much, he has a role on this team. Trotter didn't.

The media can take some blame for this firestorm. They have completely failed to recognize that there has been a subtle change of direction over the past couple of years. Even our drafting looks different.

But I still think Gauthier would be better suited to a role as an advisor. He has set the course for the team and taken a lot of heat. He doesn't deflect blame but he doesn't handle the media well either.

Bring in a GM who can work with Gauthier and Molson. We all know the attributes he needs. Allow him to have input into who will be on the coaching staff. There is a lot of knowledge he could draw on.

This organization isn't as bad as it looks.
What was the alternative with SK?

Non tender him or keep him on a team where the coach and playes want him gone?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
But he was on the ice for the first two LA goals the second one he was standing around as usual.
So were 4 other guys, like almost every goal scored in the NHL

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
If we could travel in time, there are a lot better players we could bring back than Gomez.
If i could turn back time i would bring cher.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If i could turn back time i would bring cher.
Yuck. What about Freddy Mercury?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Yuck. What about Freddy Mercury?
huh, Cher sing one called "If I could turn back time" or something

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What was the alternative with SK?

Non tender him or keep him on a team where the coach and playes want him gone?
Prove it.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:38 PM
habitue*

Cammy must be happy like a little girl on X-Mas morning . He scored a goal !!!!

The team lost anyway. Doesn't matter...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Chet-Nick

Short piece on Cammalleri.

Taken from Steve Simmons' column in today's Toronto Sun >

The nickname going around about Mike Cammalleri tells you all you need to know about the traded Canadien. He was known as ‘Me, Myself and Mike,’ which is how a lot of underproducing goal scorers are perceived on teams. They find self worth in scoring and when they don’t deliver, they don’t tend to take it well. See Jason Blake as a Leaf.

Very disturbing. I knew "Cammy" had issues in the past (e.g. Kings). Didn't realize he hasn't grown up yet.

There were other recent hints/stories he wasn't a quality dressing room guy.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:47 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post
Taken from Steve Simmons' column in today's Toronto Sun >

The nickname going around about Mike Cammalleri tells you all you need to know about the traded Canadien. He was known as ‘Me, Myself and Mike,’ which is how a lot of underproducing goal scorers are perceived on teams. They find self worth in scoring and when they don’t deliver, they don’t tend to take it well. See Jason Blake as a Leaf.

Very disturbing. I knew "Cammy" had issues in the past (e.g. Kings). Didn't realize he hasn't grown up yet.

There were other recent hints/stories he wasn't a quality dressing room guy.
He seemed to start the sooking process, when Gio was given the C

Time to move on, he will score some nice goals for Calgary, but in no way can he be a PPG type of guy anymore, his 5 on 5 play is terrible and he will no longer go to the dirty areas on a regular basis....Dairy Queen soft serve is his game now...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I believe the 5th round pick is Columbus pick

http://www.prosportstransactions.com.../Canadiens.htm

We have no 5th and 7th in this upcoming draft as of now

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He seemed to start the sooking process, when Gio was given the C

Time to move on, he will score some nice goals for Calgary, but in no way can he be a PPG type of guy anymore, his 5 on 5 play is terrible and he will no longer go to the dirty areas on a regular basis....Dairy Queen soft serve is his game now...
and we got Bourque

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:21 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
and we got Bourque
Interesting, my good Friends dad recently went golfing with Dale Tallon in Florida after the Cammalleri trade. He said we got a very good deal in this trade and was surprise that Calgary was willing to pay so much for a "useless" player as he called Cammalleri. He also said that the Habs biggest problem is Pierre gauthier which I was surprised to hear and that he himself would never make a deal with him.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Interesting, my good Friends dad recently went golfing with Dale Tallon in Florida after the Cammalleri trade. He said we got a very good deal in this trade and was surprise that Calgary was willing to pay so much for a "useless" player as he called Cammalleri. He also said that the Habs biggest problem is Pierre gauthier which I was surprised to hear and that he himself would never make a deal with him.
The last statement is a bit contradictory no?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:02 AM
HCH

Quote:

Gill over Emelin is equally as disgusting although playoff Gill is good.
Gill was good in the playoffs... but we aren't making the playoffs and he has slowed down even more.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
The last statement is a bit contradictory no?
That's why i mentioned I was surprised to hear that.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I believe the 5th round pick is Columbus pick

http://www.prosportstransactions.com.../Canadiens.htm

We have no 5th and 7th in this upcoming draft as of now
Which, unless something drastic changes, will be around #121 overall, or basically equivalent to a low 4th rounder.

Sucks that we lost our 5th rounder to the Islanders since we made the playoffs last year and Wiz played over 50% of the games. In the end, we gave up a 2nd and a high 5th for 49 games of the Wiz.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Which, unless something drastic changes, will be around #121 overall, or basically equivalent to a low 4th rounder.

Sucks that we lost our 5th rounder to the Islanders since we made the playoffs last year and Wiz played over 50% of the games. In the end, we gave up a 2nd and a high 5th for 49 games of the Wiz.
It was a good move for Wiz at the time we needed him, just sucks we don't have a 5th and 7th this year. Hopefully we stock up a little in the next couple of weeks

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote