HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Equipment Licensing

Old
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Equipment Licensing

I have been looking into what exactly it takes for an equipment company to become a licensed equipment provider to NHL clubs, but I have had trouble finding pertinent information. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the process, or at least where I could find information? I have searched the CBA but I haven't found anything specific to the actual process and what goes into determining whether or not a company will become a licensed equipment provider/distributor.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Licensing the logos of league and/or teams to use on equipment -- contact the NHL HQ in NYC (or Toronto).

Now, if you want to supply equipment to the league (ice resurfacers to gloves), start by contacting the league. Player equipment has to be certified before it can be used.

(It would not be in the CBA)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
leoleo3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I have been looking into what exactly it takes for an equipment company to become a licensed equipment provider to NHL clubs, but I have had trouble finding pertinent information. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the process, or at least where I could find information? I have searched the CBA but I haven't found anything specific to the actual process and what goes into determining whether or not a company will become a licensed equipment provider/distributor.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
http://retail.nhl.com/~retailn/asset...see_Policy.pdf

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

If your product/service transcends individual team sponsorships & marketing elements, try NHL Enterprises based in New York as per the link above. Again, depending on what your offering, the NHLPA has several programs that provide for creative marketing solutions, along with Hockey Canada & USA, NCAA, the CHL etc....

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:07 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
Thanks a ton. This is awesome.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote