HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Montreal

Old
01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Okay, so make it Marcus Kruger, 1st rd pick from 2012 & 2013. We need a center man.
Hawks probably value Kruger more than Morin. Maybe they'd sub him for Morin since we'd be set up really good at C for awhile, but you're not getting Kruger + 2 1sts, picks would stay the same as OP. I love Plek but if I'm giving up Kruger and 2 1sts, I'm going after Getzlaf.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
If the Habs were dead set on rebuilding then i would do this deal but i would ask that the 1st round pick be in 2013.

FanHabtic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
If the Habs were dead set on rebuilding then i would do this deal but i would ask that the 1st round pick be in 2013.
Wouldn't have any objection to that. Spreads out the damage a bit for us.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Hawks probably value Kruger more than Morin. Maybe they'd sub him for Morin since we'd be set up really good at C for awhile, but you're not getting Kruger + 2 1sts, picks would stay the same as OP. I love Plek but if I'm giving up Kruger and 2 1sts, I'm going after Getzlaf.
I can see you're a better GM than our Mr. Gauthier. Many of your fellow Hawks don't want to trade Morin. So let's go with your original 1st in 2012, 2nd in 2012 and Kruger instead of Morin.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Chicago
Plekanec

Montreal
Jeremy Morin
1st round pick 2012
2nd round pick 2012
Value is fine but i dont want to see the Habs go into a complete rebuild so i'd pass.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Why? The 2013 draft pool isn't projected to bring as much depth as this year. We need picks this year.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'd make that deal if we can add Frolik and take a decent prospect back. We need Frolik's salary going the other way or else Pleks just puts us in another cap bind going forward.

Plekanec
Tinordi

for

Morin
Frolik
1st
2nd

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:34 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I'd make that deal if we can add Frolik and take a decent prospect back. We need Frolik's salary going the other way or else Pleks just puts us in another cap bind going forward.

Plekanec
Tinordi

for

Morin
Frolik
1st
2nd
No go, we are expecting him to be an anchor for our blueline for years to come. How about a forward lets say Kristo?

Plekanec
Kristo

for

Morin
Frolik
1st
2nd

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Clipitar

Quote:

Plekanec
Tinordi

for

Morin
Frolik
1st
2nd
Tinordi cost the Habs a 1st & 2nd rounder. So this deal amounts to Plekanec for Morin & Frolik. No deal, obviously.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Why? The 2013 draft pool isn't projected to bring as much depth as this year. We need picks this year.
That was what I figured. Normally I'd have done 1st in 12, 2nd in 13 but you guys aren't in a rush to move Pleks and if you did, you'd want as much help as you could get fairly soon. And I don't think this signals a full rebuild for the Habs, you guys would own the deep 2012 draft. I have to think you guys end up with a couple guys that would be close to joining the league. You guys could also possibly package picks and move up to get one of the top guys, maybe even Yakupov depending on how you finish and what other teams want to do. It seems to me that the Habs are kind of stuck in the mud right now. Bringing in a boat load of prospects + freeing up some cap space to replace some of the departed talent puts them in a much better position than they are in now IMO.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
brtriad

We need shut down defensive prospects. Don't even need to be offensively talented. Just play a solid, physical game in their own end. What about Emelin?

Old
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Frolik isn't complete dead weight. I have no doubt he could be moved for a mid to late pick fairly easily in the offseason if not at the TD. He doesn't necessarily have to go to the Habs in this deal and he also doesn't necessarily have to be moved this year, although it would be the most logical thing to do given the makeup of the roster.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:39 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
We need shut down defensive prospects. Don't even need to be offensively talented. Just play a solid, physical game in their own end. What about Emelin?
I tried to get him out of Montreal, they wouldn't even deal him for a 1st, which would obviously be overpayment, so they like him as much or more than other teams do.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
brtriad

He's far from dead weight. He's a creative option who plays shut down defense. The thing is we've got a few cheaper options who can fill that role. So if we're picking up salary, sending his the other way still leaves us room for another defenseman and to fill out our bottom six with veterans in the offseason.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
That was what I figured. Normally I'd have done 1st in 12, 2nd in 13 but you guys aren't in a rush to move Pleks and if you did, you'd want as much help as you could get fairly soon. And I don't think this signals a full rebuild for the Habs, you guys would own the deep 2012 draft. I have to think you guys end up with a couple guys that would be close to joining the league. You guys could also possibly package picks and move up to get one of the top guys, maybe even Yakupov depending on how you finish and what other teams want to do. It seems to me that the Habs are kind of stuck in the mud right now. Bringing in a boat load of prospects + freeing up some cap space to replace some of the departed talent puts them in a much better position than they are in now IMO.
This is well-thought of. I just happen to think Plekanec is a valuable vet Habs should keep around. I don't think Habs are anywhere close to commit to a full rebuild (Oilers, Chicago, Pittsburgh-style), and they probably don't need to anyway considering the majority of their best current players are under 26.

A re-tool Philly-style might be just what the doctor ordered. If there's one year to suck and stockpile the picks, it has to be 2012. This could really be a blessing in disguise. I'm just not sure Gauthier is the guy to do this considering the current uncertainty of his position. I guess his next move should tell us what to expect...

Quote:
Not available. Essential part of the young core moving forward.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:44 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
Do the Hawks really need another $5M player for the next 4 years? With upcoming contracts to Leddy and other players along with Sharps raise next year, is it the smart thing to do?

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:44 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:

Plekanec
Tinordi

for

Morin
Frolik
1st
2nd
I think thats too much coming from the Habs

Im accually suprised that most seem to like this deal..

How about- Morin, Pirri, 1st 2012 for Plekanec + Gill + mid level prospect

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
I tried to get him out of Montreal, they wouldn't even deal him for a 1st, which would obviously be overpayment, so they like him as much or more than other teams do.
Emelin is not on the table. AT. ALL. Retarded overpayment would be required.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
brtriad

If not Tinordi or Emelin, there's not a defensive prospect we need. What about add Frolik and remove the second round pick?

Old
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
His game is getting better and better with time, the skill is there, just needs to adjust, he is still working on his positioning, which IMO is the only weakness. And while his stats don't show it, he has a great first pass, and has some offensive skills.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
If not Tinordi or Emelin, there's not a defensive prospect we need. What about add Frolik and remove the second round pick?
To me, a 2012 2nd round pick is MUCH more desirable than Frolik.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:52 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
His game is getting better and better with time, the skill is there, just needs to adjust, he is still working on his positioning, which IMO is the only weakness. And while his stats don't show it, he has a great first pass, and has some offensive skills.
For sure. Emelin is a player any team would want to add and not only add but put into their core catagory. He's a very effective and unique player as is and like you said, there is a lot of untapped offensive potential. If you guys can bring that out, you're talking about a Scott Stevens type D-man. Needless to say, MaxPac or anyone else shouldn't be getting run anymore.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Okay, so make it Marcus Kruger, 1st rd pick from 2012 & 2013. We need a center man.
Take out the 2nd 1st round pick and make it a 2nd f it's Kruger instead of Morin.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
For sure. Emelin is a player any team would want to add and not only add but put into their core catagory. He's a very effective and unique player as is and like you said, there is a lot of untapped offensive potential. If you guys can bring that out, you're talking about a Scott Stevens type D-man. Needless to say, MaxPac or anyone else shouldn't be getting run anymore.
I think the best comparison might be Darius Kasparaitis but with a little more offence. But like you said, he is a type that you add to your core. And a 1st would be a huge overpayment, but his true value on the market wouldn't be enough for the Habs to trade him.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:01 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
Do the Hawks really need another $5M player for the next 4 years? With upcoming contracts to Leddy and other players along with Sharps raise next year, is it the smart thing to do?
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)
Ben Smith ($0.812m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jamal Mayers ($0.550m)
/ / Bryan Bickell ($0.541m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Nick Leddy ($1.116m)
Tim Gleason ($2.750m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)
Dylan Olsen ($0.870m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.666m) / Alexander Salak ($0.612m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,873,462; BONUSES: $647,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,426,538

Trade Frolik for whatever
Sign gleason in the offseason for around what he made last year maybe a little more
Promote salak
Promote Olsen
Have 1.5 left on the cap plus whatever it goes up in the offseason.

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote