HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev Recalled From Hartford

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2005, 02:45 PM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Kondratiev Recalled From Hartford

i guess they only wanted him to play one game down there.

Old
12-30-2005, 02:52 PM
NYRangers

Might be to send a message to him, give him a taste of what he's getting himself into if he doesn't step up.

Old
12-30-2005, 02:53 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

***! That's stupid

Old
12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Good news. Maybe they are ready to give Rozs that benching that he's had coming for the past month.

Poti has the flu but he should play tomorrow.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
***! That's stupid
Tom Renney did allude to that

Quote:
"And thirdly, you might go there and say, I kind of like it up top," Renney said
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/59675.htm

The Rangers hope sending Kondratiev down will have the same effect that an early-season demotion had on rookie phenom Petr Prucha

As Jagr said "He's(Prucha)scared to go back again,"

Old
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
As Jagr said "He's(Prucha)scared to go back again,"
doesn't say much for the city of hartford, does it?

Old
12-30-2005, 03:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
doesn't say much for the city of hartford, does it?
Have you ever been to Hartford? It's rather self-explanatory.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
SML

I believe Prucha is approaching this whole thing from a different place than most guys. I don't know if you guys caught the Islanders broadcast of the game the other night, but they couldn't stop raving about Prucha. Anyway, I heard something I had never heard about him before, that his Father had passed away when he was 15 and he was the oldest of I think it was 4 kids. I would think that would put alot of pressure on you to mature quickly. He may realize what a tremendous opportunity he actually has, that if he busts his butt here he can provide for his whole family. If only you could bottle maturity... So it may not be the actual city of Hartford, but the size of the paycheck you get playing there that he actually is terrified of.

Old
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
i've driven past it...as fast as i could.

Old
12-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I believe Prucha is approaching this whole thing from a different place than most guys. I don't know if you guys caught the Islanders broadcast of the game the other night, but they couldn't stop raving about Prucha. Anyway, I heard something I had never heard about him before, that his Father had passed away when he was 15 and he was the oldest of I think it was 4 kids. I would think that would put alot of pressure on you to mature quickly. He may realize what a tremendous opportunity he actually has, that if he busts his butt here he can provide for his whole family. If only you could bottle maturity... So it may not be the actual city of Hartford, but the size of the paycheck you get playing there that he actually is terrified of.
Definately. I hadn't heard that about him. I've been thinking of that ever since. I think someone's going to have to kill Prucha before he relents. Once something like that happens to you, your mindset never changes. And that mindset is making a hell of a hockey player. He's a self made man, keep it up Petr. Boy, does this reinforce how much parent influenced, spoiled hockey players piss me off. Lindros etc can all kiss Prucha's ***.

Old
12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Might also be all the legal problems his old team hit him with too. Rodent I think mentioned in one of his recent columns that Prucha says the reason why he jumps up everytime he gets really clobbered is he's afraid his mother will be watching the game and he doesn't want her to be worried that he might be hurt.

Old
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Miserable place. Home games are so horribly attended, I'm sure players don't want to go back. I've been to P-Bruins games at Pepsi Arena that were packed with an excited crowd, so I can't just chalk it up to the AHL-average.

Glad for Drats. Does his recall mean he's going to play tomorrow?

Old
12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

So does that mean that there is rebirth of the youth movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
i guess they only wanted him to play one game down there.
I sure hope so, I was worried. Everything hinges on this one young player to make our youth movement legit!

Old
12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
shoothepuck

It should wake him up. It looks like it woke Tuytin up.

Old
12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
ArtVandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
I sure hope so, I was worried. Everything hinges on this one young player to make our youth movement legit!

Old
12-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Good take. When you revisit some of the things Jagr said as to why he had Prucha living at his place, well there were economic considerations involved. JJ definetly mentioned the econ angle and Prucha's concerns about that. Especially since PP has to pay for all the legal bills from the law suits Kusy filed. It's not the whole story, but certainly a part of it.

Old
12-30-2005, 09:14 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Excellent point.

What is all this about legal problems with his old team? I've never heard news about this before.

Old
12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I'm sure the intention was o have him there for 4-6 games, he probably *****ed and whined and threatened to go to Russia.

Old
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tom Poti didn't skate again today(Friday).That is why Maxim Kondratiev was brought back

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Steve Rucchin(ankle)did not skate again today either

Old
12-30-2005, 10:10 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
I'm sure the intention was o have him there for 4-6 games, he probably *****ed and whined and threatened to go to Russia.
Or with Poti suffering from the flu today they wanted to make sure they would be able to go with 6 defensemen. I am pretty sure there were reports earlier in the year, during the preseason, that Kondratiev would report if sent to Hartford.

EDIT: Rangerboy beat me to it, well said Rangerboy!

Closed Thread