HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds & Wings interested in Hemsky

Old
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Gusher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
whats his salary this year?
Cap Hit is $4.1 million. Actual salary is $5 million. UFA July 1st.

That last proposal from the poster above was absolutely ridiculous.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
Cap Hit is $4.1 million. Actual salary is $5 million. UFA July 1st.

That last proposal from the poster above was absolutely ridiculous.
hmm at best I think he could fetch a mid-level prospect + mid rounder (2nd or 3rd)..

what do you think he could return?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
umwoz

Roman Josi + a 2nd 2012

That's my suggestion at least.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
blackwater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A player who has 348 Points in 393 Games since the '04 Lockout needs pumping up?

That is 0.89 PPG Avg. Pretty decent for a player going in to the Trade Deadline.

Sure, he's had his injury troubles the past couple seasons but he still has value. He's not very old at 28 either.
i agree. the past 3 years he's had shoulder problems, but all indications are that is behind him now. people forget his first 5 years in the league he was relatively injury free, and was actually known for his durability and ability take hits and keep going.

hemskys' been nearly a point a game player his entire career on some very bad oiler teams, i have no idea where people are getting this idea that he's a big pile of crap all of a sudden. usually those ideas come from people who don't watch the oilers, and assume because he's had some injury troubles that he's washed up now. he's a very skilled offensive player who would help any playoff bound team. i actually hope the oilers re-sign him, personally i don't want to see him traded.

blackwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Roman Josi + a 2nd 2012

no offense.. but every fan in pred nation will shoot this down and be insulted.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
hmm at best I think he could fetch a mid-level prospect + mid rounder (2nd or 3rd)..

what do you think he could return?
If he can keep up the pace until the Trade Deadline he might squeeze out a late 1st Round Pick or a decent prospect on Defence.

I know the situations are different put Penner was traded for a 1st Round Pick + Colten Teubert at last year's Deadline. Hemsky is better than Penner, but Hemsky probably won't get that kind of return because of his injury history. Just throwing that out there because some people think it's ridiculous to think Hemsky can get anything of value.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Hemsky is an interesting option.

I have watched alot of him in the NW division. Couple years ago he was told to avoid some of the big hits he took to make plays. His toughness impressed me then.

Him being a little careful this year is no big deal imo. Put him in the playoffs or meaningful games and i think that fire would come back.

Def a good option for nashville bacause of two reasons. because of his injuries i think he might be gotten for cheaper than his ppg average would usualy demand.

Getting him might get you suter singed which might get you weber signed.

Then if he pans out you sign him for 3- 4 yeas hopefuly @ 3-4 mill and then get a shooter for one of your D prospects.
You think Nashville can afford to sign Hemsky(4-5M)+Weber(8M)+Suter(7M)?

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
NoNecksCurse

I think blum + 3rd/4th is what I would consider from NSH. still probably pass

Old
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Ishad

Quote:
If he can keep up the pace until the Trade Deadline he might squeeze out a late 1st Round Pick or a decent prospect on Defence.

I know the situations are different put Penner was traded for a 1st Round Pick + Colten Teubert at last year's Deadline. Hemsky is better than Penner, but Hemsky probably won't get that kind of return because of his injury history. Just throwing that out there because some people think it's ridiculous to think Hemsky can get anything of value.
Penner also wasn't a pending UFA.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Roman Josi + a 2nd 2012

Not a chance of this happening.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
Penner also wasn't a pending UFA.
Hence why I said..."I know the situations are different"

Old
01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
bretzky15

I'm sick and tired of all these you will get a 2nd or maybe a decent prospect proposals. The Oilers are just gonna keep Hemsky unless a team is going to overpay for him. Hemsky likes Edmonton, and I'm very certain he would resign here. He is a top six forward and unless someone is gonna give him that value, we are not trading him

bretzky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

in b4 Weber! or am I too late?

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 50
Don't see Poille doing anything risky. Last time he took a risk was the Forsberg trade.

If Nashville does want him though, I'd do Blum and a conditional draft pick (based on how deep Nashville goes in the playoffs). Josi and Ellis are pipedreams...Blum has huge upside but is lost in the shuffle because of how deep the Preds defensive core is.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky15 View Post
I'm sick and tired of all these you will get a 2nd or maybe a decent prospect proposals. The Oilers are just gonna keep Hemsky unless a team is going to overpay for him. Hemsky likes Edmonton, and I'm very certain he would resign here. He is a top six forward and unless someone is gonna give him that value, we are not trading him
Thank god you are not running the team. The guy has worn out his welcome here and I really can't wait until we ship him out.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
You think a guy wants to stay with a team who has dangled him as trade bait for two years, and where his ice time is likely to decrease with the kids getting more and more?

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Spice Trader

i said 3-4 mill for hemsky which for a 60 - 80 point guy is pretty good value.

Hopefully suter and weber will take a discount to stay in nashville.. 6 - 6.5 for both is fair to them and the team.

Pred nation have 2 choices spend that 20 mill in cap space you have or take the proposals you hate for your d studs. Because if they wont sign players why would they stay?

The whole thing is be a contender or we are going to go to one. to contend in the NHL you really need to spend.

Hemsky would help this. i dont think you will get him for second tier prospect tho. i think he will demand either a good prospect or a 1st.

Penner whos value id say is roughly = to hemsky got 2 mid range 1st in value. hemsky for 1 is fair.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Don't see Poille doing anything risky. Last time he took a risk was the Forsberg trade.

If Nashville does want him though, I'd do Blum and a conditional draft pick (based on how deep Nashville goes in the playoffs). Josi and Ellis are pipedreams...Blum has huge upside but is lost in the shuffle because of how deep the Preds defensive core is.
pretty good analysis from an oilers fan

Old
01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
JayQueensNY88*

As a Ranger fan,i know Ill pass on this disaster of a hockey player and I'd say let Edm keep him...

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
OilerFan4Life

As for fitting in with the Preds, honestly I think Hemsky would be a great fit there. Contrary to popular belief, he is at his best when playing with a defensive C and gritty winger on the opposite end. Stick him with Fisher and let him run your powerplay on the half-wall and I think Nashville's offense becomes dangerous.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
GeoSacks

Quote:
He'll be a UFA. If you're not making the playoffs you take what you can get for a player like that. I doubt anyone overpays for him given his performance this season and his history of injuries.

Or you can hold onto him and harm the team to spite others for not offering enough.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSacks View Post
He'll be a UFA. If you're not making the playoffs you take what you can get for a player like that. I doubt anyone overpays for him given his performance this season and his history of injuries.

Or you can hold onto him and harm the team to spite others for not offering enough.
Yeah but at the end of the day he's the most talented forward available. A bidding war could easily ensue deadline day. I do think he'll get a late first and decent prospect.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
GeoSacks

I'd rather have Doan or Selanne if they're available. I know Doan probably stays put but a man can dream...

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

I see some people still think Hemsky's been cured of his shoulder problems. I've said it before and I'll say it again: that's not how these things work. Shoulder injuries, particularly of the torn labrum variety, cannot be 100% cured through surgery. A player will always be at a higher risk of reinjury, regardless of how many surgeries they have. Eric Fehr is a great example. He's had 4 separate shoulder surgeries due to labrum tears, including surgery on both shoulders a couple off seasons ago. We were told he would be better than every, and he was now at less risk than a typical player. One year later, and he's bring shipped to Winnipeg for a 4th and about to undergo another surgery. Hemsky is in the exact same situation. Unless he drastically changes his game and essentially becomes a floater, he will continue to have shoulder issues until he gets knocked out of the league. Sorry to burst your collective bubble, but it had to be said.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:06 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSacks View Post
I'd rather have Doan or Selanne if they're available. I know Doan probably stays put but a man can dream...
Selanne will only play in Anaheim or Winnipeg if they're in the hunt according to his agent.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote