HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger: Canadiens interested in Roy

Old
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Montreal fans overvaluing of Lars Eller has always baffled me. I would hope that Darcy would be able to wrangle at the very least, a high round pick on top of Eller for a player like Roy.
And we are doing this because ? We have no need for Roy....and if we think so much of Eller it's because we see the potential. It was amazing seeing this kid score 4 goals the other night. And if you think he is that bad, why the **** do you want him ? Im confused.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozzwald View Post
Your obviously losing your mind if you think Montreal would be stupid enough to trade Eller plus a 1st or Leblanc for Roy. I wouldn't trade Eller for Roy straight up.
Well I feel bad for the future of your team then. All of Roys career averages > Plekanecs averages

So I guess in trade value Eller>Roy>Plekanec?

Sorry bud, Ellers not that impressive... At Ellers age (22) Roy had a 2.5 PPG average in the AHL and scored 18-28-46 in only 70 gp while the last 2 seasons Eller has 34 points in 120 games so yes please keep Eller, I wouldn't trade Roy straight up for Eller even if Roy was an upcoming UFA (which he's not btw, so keep Eller)

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

pffft they are going to want to unload Gomez probably lol

they have nothing to offer that I want.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
And we are doing this because ? We have no need for Roy....and if we think so much of Eller it's because we see the potential. It was amazing seeing this kid score 4 goals the other night. And if you think he is that bad, why the **** do you want him ? Im confused.
I have no idea why you are doing this. I personally don't get it but if you are going to acquire Roy, the Sabres should get full value + for him considering you are a division rival.

I don't think he is BAD but some Hab fans are talking about him for Roy straight up being fair value. I'm not seeing that. I think the Habs need to add more to get it done. I would actually have far more interest in a first round pick than Eller.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I have no idea why you are doing this. I personally don't get it but if you are going to acquire Roy, the Sabres should get full value + for him considering you are a division rival.

I don't think he is BAD but some Hab fans are talking about him for Roy straight up being fair value. I'm not seeing that. I think the Habs need to add more to get it done. I would actually have far more interest in a first round pick than Eller.
Contract and age wise, trust me its fare. Besides i have no idea where he gets this **** ( DD ) but it is in NO way true. The Habs don't need another small center. PG just gave a tv interview saying we will get bigger. He looks stupid enough without making a stupid move.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Contract and age wise, trust me its fare.
Trust me, it isn't fair in any measurable form. One is arguably overhyped youngster that scored 4 goals in one game and carries bigger body while the other is proven #2, borderline #1 center with over 70 points average for a long time now.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Be it as it may and while I don't think you're wrong for saying it at all...the habs first round pick is currently 6th overall and we played more games. We could end up 2nd last if the teams below us win a 1-2 games. So really...it's essentially as close as it gets to a lottery pick and with long term injuries to markov, gionta and others underperforming, that is a a dinstinct possibility. So ask yourself, would you rather a spot at a potential first overall pick with a lottery pick, or Derek Roy, UFA in a year and a half? That's essentially the problem. Again, don't blame you, but the habs first round pick is too low to be considered fair value for Roy.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
Trust me, it isn't fair in any measurable form. One is arguably overhyped youngster that scored 4 goals in one game and carries bigger body while the other is proven #2, borderline #1 center with over 70 points average for a long time now.
Out of curiousity, I like Roy, I really do but why would you welcome a trade for Roy knowing you're gonna lose a 1B center? A position in which the sabres aren't particularly deep.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Be it as it may and while I don't think you're wrong for saying it at all...the habs first round pick is currently 6th overall and we played more games. We could end up 2nd last if the teams below us win a 1-2 games. So really...it's essentially as close as it gets to a lottery pick and with long term injuries to markov, gionta and others underperforming, that is a a dinstinct possibility. So ask yourself, would you rather a spot at a potential first overall pick with a lottery pick, or Derek Roy, UFA in a year and a half? That's essentially the problem. Again, don't blame you, but the habs first round pick is too low to be considered fair value for Roy.
You may end up being right depending on where the Habs pick lands but even if it ended up being #20, I'd rather have that than Eller. That's all I'm saying. That I've never understood the Eller hype.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Jagemon

Quote:
Out of curiousity, I like Roy, I really do but why would you welcome a trade for Roy knowing you're gonna lose a 1B center? A position in which the sabres aren't particularly deep.
The "core" is not cutting it and retooling is needed. Roy is one of the most valuable assets and despite the fact that he usually produces, Sabres need to move on.

Besides, it's not just Roy who would be shipped out. That includes Boyes, Stafford and few others as well.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post

well Pegula basically paid $3 million (kotalik's salary) for a 2nd round pick, Gomez is 7.5 million, 5.5 then 4.5 for the next three years...I wonder how many picks that is worth

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Zippster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post

x2 junk

Zippster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
You may end up being right depending on where the Habs pick lands but even if it ended up being #20, I'd rather have that than Eller. That's all I'm saying. That I've never understood the Eller hype.
In your position, I'd MUCH rather Roy than a 20th pick, no question about it. I'm not the biggest Eller fanboy but hype aside he's got potential. If he improves again he could easily be a 40 point center as soon as next year. The question is if he peaks at 40 points or does he hit 50 or 60. I don't see Roy numbers in his future but I wouldn't dismiss 50-55 points a year, but I see more of a 40 point 3rd line guy like a weaker Jordan Staal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
well Pegula basically paid $3 million (kotalik's salary) for a 2nd round pick, Gomez is 7.5 million, 5.5 then 4.5 for the next three years...I wonder how many picks that is worth
A couple firsts at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
The "core" is not cutting it and retooling is needed. Roy is one of the most valuable assets and despite the fact that he usually produces, Sabres need to move on.

Besides, it's not just Roy who would be shipped out. That includes Boyes, Stafford and few others as well.
As others have pointed out, habs and sabres are very similar. Talented guys but lacking a Getzlaf type forward(like a lot of teams mind you). I think if you're willing to give up Stafford and Roy, you could make a case for Bobby Ryan. A guy I feel would tear the league up with Vanek. Only problem is the hole at center after.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Slapshot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
The Habs are probably looking into it to see if they can get him for pennies on the dollar, which they almost certainly won't be able to. I doubt it amounts to much more than that. Roy is a very good player and Montreal isn't really in a position to logically trade fair market value for him.
What do you define as fair market value? (Darcy has a rep for overvaluing his players.) I don't think he would be worth a "lottery pick" from Montreal's standpoint; though a bottom-half first round *could* be interesting. Looking at the cap situation, isn't Montreal up against the cap as it is?

Quote:
I agree with you except Roy is not overpaid. 4 mil a year is a good deal.
He's only got a year left on that deal though.

Slapshot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
What do you define as fair market value? (Darcy has a rep for overvaluing his players.) I don't think he would be worth a "lottery pick" from Montreal's standpoint; though a bottom-half first round *could* be interesting. Looking at the cap situation, isn't Montreal up against the cap as it is?

He's only got a year left on that deal though
Habs aren't against the cap(well 2 mil space now, 10 mil+ for deadline acquistions this year)...and many speculate Gomez will be bought out or burried in minors next year.

As for Roy. He's worth a mid-late first and a mid prospect for sure. I mean, this at the minimum. I would say less than Richards and Carter got but more than say Camalleri got.

I'm aware, and UFA afterwards. I don't think he can command 6+. Probably a Plekanec like deal which is still fair.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Looking at the cap situation, isn't Montreal up against the cap as it is?
http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=2

Montreal's cap is in pretty good shape.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

He's only got a year left on that deal though.
nope, cleared 3Mil with Cammy`s trade, Gionta and Markov on LTIR. Habs have a ton of cap space....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Slapshot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=2

Montreal's cap is in pretty good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
nope, cleared 3Mil with Cammy`s trade, Gionta and Markov on LTIR. Habs have a ton of cap space....
Thanks. I need to use that site, it seems to be more up-to-date.

Slapshot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I'd consider Eller + 1st or maybe Eller + Leblanc

but again, i think moving Roy is a positive step even at 75 cents on the dollar.

I Like Eller, in a young Jochen Hecht kind of way...
I like this. Great depth move. Gives us some size too....Eller is a big human. Only 6'2 but the kid has shoulders that you could show a movie on...

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Kassian54

Regier just trying to pump up the value of Roy by this imo.

Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian54 View Post
Regier just trying to pump up the value of Roy by this imo.
Or dreger is just trying to drive traffic.

Love that Eklund came out with this as an E3 after Dreger mentions it.

Love that montreal traffic push

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Kassian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Or dreger is just trying to drive traffic.

Love that Eklund came out with this as an E3 after Dreger mentions it.

Love that montreal traffic push
Damn, my mistake. Mixed Dreger and Regier.

I need

Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I read on another board, Carter for Roy+?

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I read on another board, Carter for Roy+?
I think you can make a case for Roy+ for Ryan. I don't think they'd trade Getzlaf.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Girgenburger

Roy and Gragnani for Desharnais and Gorges

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote