HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Jordan, yes. Eric, not so sure. Eric is almost 28 and Jordan is only 24 coming into himself as a player.
Is this serious?

Old
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Price is Right View Post
Would you guys trade a deal package which would include PK and Staal?
Pierre stop trying to float ideas, just step down now .

Old
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Trading Subban for a #2 center regardless of if he is 6'3" makes no sense.
Why do you suppose Jordan is only a 2nd line centre? I think he can be a one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Is this serious?
Yes. Habs fans greatly overrate Subban. It's like people last year saying they wouldn't trade Subban for Doughty.

That being said, I really like PK.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-20-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: merge
Old
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yes. Habs fans greatly overrate Subban. It's like people last year saying they wouldn't trade Subban for Doughty.

How do they greatly overrate him. He has huge upside. Myabe he won't fulfill it, but I'd rather keep him and see how good he gets. Name me a young d-man with as much upside.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Bathroom Stall?
Car Stall perhaps?

Old
01-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Motoki18
Rookie User

Kobe for PK

Old
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
LesHabsRock

Yeah let's trade one of our top young players in PK Subban for a player who is already on the decline in his career. Isnt this the sort of trade you guys all complain about? By that I mean, you all complain that we let go of prospects for washed up vets with huge contracts. Now that we actually have a few great young players (Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Desharnais) you want to trade them and get older and more expensive. Way to go.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
neofury*

Habs fans might overrated Subban, the rest of the league underrates him though.

As for Eric Staal, he's having an off year, calling him a 2nd line center makes you just about the biggest noob on earth. He's not a 2nd line center he's a clear cut 1st line center having an off year. He's never put up below 70. Last number of seasons: 100, 70, 82, 75, 70, 76,

This year on the worst team in the NHL that barely has enough top sixers for one line... yeah he's been terrible. Put him on a competent line for example Bourque-Staal-Cole and he'll do fine. Maybe switch Bourque for more of a playmaker like DD. Saying you wouldn't trade Subban for Staal is fine but don't be absurd, he's a 1st line C.

@Nittany On one hand you say you would trade Subban for Jordan Staal but not Eric. Then on the other hand you say people are stupid for not wanting to trade PK for Doughty. Eric Staal is on the same level as Doughty if not even better. Jordan isn't even close. For you to call people idiots for one thing and then basically go and do it yourself, it's laughable. And don't tell me age or a decline is the concern when Eric is on the worst team in the NHL (bordering on anyways) and Jordan plays for one of the more elite teams in the league year in and out. If you would trade Subban for Doughty you most certainly would have to for Staal, both have a high price tag maybe Doughty is younger but the point of dealing Subban would be to get the elite #1C. Otherwise no way it ever happens.

Last edited by neofury*: 01-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

As for Eric Staal, he's having an off year, calling him a 2nd line center makes you just about the biggest noob on earth. He's not a 2nd line center he's a clear cut 1st line center having an off year. He's never put up below 70. Last number of seasons: 100, 70, 82, 75, 70, 76,

This year on the worst team in the NHL that barely has enough top sixers for one line... yeah he's been terrible. Put him on a competent line for example Bourque-Staal-Cole and he'll do fine. Maybe switch Bourque for more of a playmaker like DD. Saying you wouldn't trade Subban for Staal is fine but don't be absurd, he's a 1st line C.

@Nittany On one hand you say you would trade Subban for Jordan Staal but not Eric. Then on the other hand you say people are stupid for not wanting to trade PK for Doughty. Eric Staal is on the same level as Doughty if not even better. Jordan isn't even close. For you to call people idiots for one thing and then basically go and do it yourself, it's laughable. And don't tell me age or a decline is the concern when Eric is on the worst team in the NHL (bordering on anyways) and Jordan plays for one of the more elite teams in the league year in and out. If you would trade Subban for Doughty you most certainly would have to for Staal, both have a high price tag maybe Doughty is younger but the point of dealing Subban would be to get the elite #1C. Otherwise no way it ever happens.
I never called anyone an idiot - first off.

The issue with Jordan over Eric is age. Same with Doughty. Age.

Eric is almost 28 and I think Tinordi and Beaulieu will be factors when Jordan is 26-27 as opposed to when Eric is 31-32.

That being said, this deal won't happen. Pens don't need Subban with Letang and Niskanen around.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:40 PM
axman88

A few days before the habs picked up Kaberlei I heard from a friend that the habs were working on a package of Kaberlei and Stall.....the problem was that they needed to get rid of Gomez and noone at the time wanted to take him because of injuries....also I think it was suppose to include Eller (i have no sources so take it for what it's worth)....if Subban is truly included in any potential deal for Stall then it would also include Eller and the habs would be getting back someone of value from Carolina (and no, not Skinner)....but again they would need to let Gomez off somewhere....unless they end up keeping him (because they have the cap room this year) and try to trade him in the summer....AGAIN....i heard it from a friend so don't take this too seriously

Old
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Exactly Huberdeau and Erik Gudbranson at least the deal would be in the ballpark without the #1st round pick.Petrovic sucks at least Gudbranson stands up for teammates and plays great defence and he's a Habs fan.
Do you really think that the Panthers will give the Habs Huberdeau and Gubranson for Pleks and PK? Where do I sign?

And why is it exactly that Petrovic sucks? And how is it that he doesn't stand up for teammates? Have you seen him play or are you pulling this out of your ass or what?

This from November 27, 2011:

"Petrovic flies a little under the radar, but I talked to a rival coach who said that he thinks Petrovic is the best player he’s seen this year in the league, and he was told that Petrovic nearly made the Florida Panthers. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Petrovic has two goals, 22 points in 24 games this season, after putting up seven goals, 57 points in 69 games last season."

link

Last edited by Sam I Am: 01-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Why do you suppose Jordan is only a 2nd line centre? I think he can be a one.

Maybe he can but I wouldn't trade for him assuming he can go from a #3 to a #1. He hasn't shown any more upside than a guy like say Plekanec.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Do you really think that the Panthers will give the Habs Huberdeau and Gubranson for Pleks and PK? Where do I sign?

And why is it exactly that Petrovic sucks? And how is it that he doesn't stand up for teammates? Have you seen him play or are you pulling this out of your ass or what?

This from November 27, 2011:

"Petrovic flies a little under the radar, but I talked to a rival coach who said that he thinks Petrovic is the best player hes seen this year in the league, and he was told that Petrovic nearly made the Florida Panthers. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Petrovic has two goals, 22 points in 24 games this season, after putting up seven goals, 57 points in 69 games last season."

link
After Dylan McIlrath smoked him in the WHL every scout went south on Petrovic,it was said he lost his nerve to fight after that encounter.Pull that outta his ass!

Old
01-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Drive425

The only guy i would consider trading pk for would be getzlaf. That would be your beast centre franchise guy. Bury Gomez in the minors and sign away in offseason.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
The only guy i would consider trading pk for would be getzlaf. That would be your beast centre franchise guy. Bury Gomez in the minors and sign away in offseason.
Only problem with that plan is he is a UFA in 2013. Better know what he wants and have him agree to a deal before the trade. Trading Subban for Getzlaf then having him walk a UFA would be a massive **** up.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:15 AM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

I know the Staal family, and they are "LAFFS" fans, who don't like Les Canadiens. No Staals, should be allowed on this team.(These boys shouldn't be playing for a team they used to state, that they flat out didn't like, just because they are being paid) Rick Nash, or Getzlaf, and a few others would be better. Not for Subban, however. Use some other players to acquire a big, strong, mobile center(Desharnais, Gallagher, Palushaj...other short, insignificant guys, Gomez, etc). Use Subban, and others to acquire Weber(who is a definite Canadiens fan, and good pals with Josh Gorges). Now you have yourselves a bonafide steal!!

Old
01-21-2012, 01:24 AM
vanejorg*

By the way, did you see Mr. Subban arguing it out with the coaches tonight after he made that massive error, that allowed the Penguins back into the game. I think it might have been a portent of things to come. Get Weber now, before Nashvile realizes this guy is a problem child, who isn't going anywhere but in the corner, or detention.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanejorg View Post
By the way, did you see Mr. Subban arguing it out with the coaches tonight after he made that massive error, that allowed the Penguins back into the game. I think it might have been a portent of things to come. Get Weber now, before Nashvile realizes this guy is a problem child, who isn't going anywhere but in the corner, or detention.

Error? The guy was left all alone by his teammates. What the hell was he supposed to do?

Old
01-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Habitant le colon

Guys shoped by PG :

Moen
Gill
Subban
Plekanec

Weber
Campoli

GEOFF MOLSON want a new team and a fresh air for is core. apparentyl he has enough of all perturbation around and into the room. Can we build a team without Plekanec and Subban ... ?

Old
01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
habsrule22

I don t think Subban is going anywhere, you can add AK if not signed soon. I think Eller is being groomed to take over for Plekanec.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
why were there 3 forwards along the opposite boards huddled together knitting behind two Pens? Why didn't one go to the other side to offer up an outlet pass for PK? PK did lose the puck, true, but if he held onto it he would have been hit and lost the puck....still no change.

Arguing with the coach? Looked to me like he was telling him he didn't think it was all his fault and RL telling him to relax your doing fine, etc, etc.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:29 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
I know the Staal family, and they are "LAFFS" fans, who don't like Les Canadiens. No Staals, should be allowed on this team.(These boys shouldn't be playing for a team they used to state, that they flat out didn't like, just because they are being paid) Rick Nash, or Getzlaf, and a few others would be better. Not for Subban, however. Use some other players to acquire a big, strong, mobile center(Desharnais, Gallagher, Palushaj...other short, insignificant guys, Gomez, etc). Use Subban, and others to acquire Weber(who is a definite Canadiens fan, and good pals with Josh Gorges). Now you have yourselves a bonafide steal!!
What are you smoking? Maybe we should get Crosby since he grew up cheering for the Habs. DD + 2 1sts

Old
01-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
What are you smoking? Maybe we should get Crosby since he grew up cheering for the Habs. DD + 2 1sts
no way! Crosby is always hurt

Old
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Protest the Hero

Don't let Gauthier trade away any young guys unless he's going to be the guy making the decisions 2-3 years from now.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:34 PM
vanejorg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
If a player had said to you that they hated the Boston Bruins, and you new that, and you were either a fan, or management of Boston.....you would want that player? They are being paid to play in the NHL, this is true. However, you may notice that once someone has signed his big contract, that they essentially begin to tank it(see Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Staal, most Russian and European players, etc). The only incentive is to maybe play for a team which you were a childhood fan of, then there would be interest in getting them their next Stanley Cup. I'm not signing players to my team that I know will be pleased to be here to get paid, but couldn't give a f...k if the team wins the Stanley Cup or not. Emphasis on the word NOT. Given the knowledge that I have about this entire family, and their true feelings(because one can say all of the right things to the press...see Gomez p...k) towards Les Canadiens, I would have to say that they would be prime candidates for what I have just described above. Prove me wrong!! Let's get a Staal, and win the Stanley Cup in 2012. I will then come back and change my statement. Don't hold your breath on that one, because the ganja is being inhaled all by you.

Closed Thread