HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaroslav Spacek: "I'm very happy to be gone from that circus in Montreal."

Old
01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/MAGodin

http://soundcloud.com/benraby31/spac...spacek-on-habs

Saw this posted in the Kostitsyn thread. Thought it was somewhat noteworthy and deserved its own thread.
He's 110% correct! Those clowns with the stupid French debates are killing the luster this organization once had!

Like anyone would want to sign here after this ****!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
This is a shock?

The French debate really hurt this team. I guarantee it. There is a small portion of fans and media who seem to have the loudest voices and these clowns are destroying this franchise. A respected franchise that has turned into the butt of every joke.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
he wasn't coming back as a 38 yr old Ufa.

He was respected in the room, so when he says this it carries weight .
I am not saying it's untrue, but I also think it carries a little bit of being POed about being traded.
It's not like the "circus" revolved around him, either.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
There is tons of teams that have circus around them and do well. The NY Giants, the Yankees etc.

Some players run from it (Spacek), some love it (Hamrlik). Playing for such teams is hard when the team is losing but it's also very rewarding when the team win.

It's a situation that will never change as long as fans in Montreal are so passionate. If it's a situation that you cannot handle i'd suggest you to support a new team. I heard that Columbus and Florida are looking for fans.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It would have been more succinct if you would have simply stated that Spacek loved the players and hated management.
It would also have been untrue, but why do we care about that?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This is a shock?

The French debate really hurt this team. I guarantee it.
who would think --a french debate in Quebec?? NOOO

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Hockeyfan68

Montreal needs to do what Boston did and that is to clean house of management and start over. Boston was stale, lost most of the time and went several years either not making the playoffs or losing horribly in the first round.

Brought in Claude Julien (one of the best Boston coaches ever) GM Chiarelli, Prez Cam Neely, Don Sweeney etc.

You gotta bring in new guys and fix this original 6 team of yours. It saddens me to see any original 6 team not managed well by getting the wrong parts for the machine whether it be coaches, players, management or whatever.

I know I am surprised, I look at the roster and see quality players, a world class goaltender and one of the best fan bases ever in the NHL.

Good luck anyway, I know it may sound strange from a Bruins fan but I am also an NHL fan and what is going on in Montreal is a disgrace to the original 6 teams and the game itself.

Just my opinion. How long would this go on in Detroit if it were happening there?

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:45 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
There is tons of teams that have circus around them and do well. The NY Giants, the Yankees etc.

Some players run from it (Spacek), some love it (Hamrlik). Playing for such teams is hard when the team is losing but it's also very rewarding when the team win.

It's a situation that will never change as long as fans in Montreal are so passionate. If it's a situation that you cannot handle i'd suggest you to support a new team. I heard that Columbus and Florida are looking for fans.
and old spacek is a good old runner- saw that many times when he was a HAb- fat old fart --

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Forsead

While probably true, a guy with class would not say that of any of one of his former team. I mean I lost some respect for Spacek and I actually liked the guy.

Then again perhaps if he wouldn't have been an underachiever with the team I would take less offense to his statement.

Last edited by Forsead: 01-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Montreal needs to do what Boston did and that is to clean house of management and start over. Boston was stale, lost most of the time and went several years either not making the playoffs or losing horribly in the first round.

Brought in Claude Julien (one of the best Boston coaches ever) GM Chiarelli, Prez Cam Neely, Don Sweeney etc.

You gotta bring in new guys and fix this original 6 team of yours. It saddens me to see any original 6 team not managed well by getting the wrong parts for the machine whether it be coaches, players, management or whatever.

I know I am surprised, I look at the roster and see quality players, a world class goaltender and one of the best fan bases ever in the NHL.

Good luck anyway, I know it may sound strange from a Bruins fan but I am also an NHL fan and what is going on in Montreal is a disgrace to the original 6 teams and the game itself.

Just my opinion. How long would this go on in Detroit if it were happening there?

I said in a earlier thread, Gauthier would never be hired as GM of a top 5 nhl team.

There is Montreal's problem ....

Would Detroit even interview him for the job?? NO

We got 2nd worst GM in NHL,what can we expect?

The Habs lost there dignity and pride....it's all gone ...

It became money over cups......any dummy can run it as long as suckers keep paying

This years club slogan was RISE TOGETHER.....

should be "ashes we all fall down "...

LOL

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
While probably true a guy with class would not say that of any of one of his former team. I mean I lost some respect for Spacek and I actually liked the guy.

Then again perhaps if he wouldn't have been an underachiever with the team I would take less offense to his statement.
He definitely isn't a "true guy with class" after having said that.

A classy person would have just made something up and said he enjoyed his time here or something even if it meant to lie about it.

Spacek lost a lot of points with that one.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
While probably true a guy with class would not say that of any of a former team. I mean I lost some respect for Spacek and I actually liked the guy.

He does'nt blame anyone in particular.

He just name many reasons why it was hard for him in Montreal. You can tell from his comments that he's someone much more happy when he's not getting attention like in Buffalo and Raleigh. He's probably quite a shy guy.

Actually i understand him. I'd probably be happier in a city where i can keep my privacy and not having too much pressure. I hate pressure at work so i'd likely be the same as a hockey player.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:52 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Hopefully those french newspapers can put that quote on the front of their papers headline. Nice,BIG and fresh for tomorrow morning.
Doubt it.........

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Right or not I still want him to ****.
I take it back now. Listened to clip and I agree with him. I first felt he just threw that out without context, but the clip shows otherwise.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Hopefully those french newspapers can put that quote on the front of their papers headline. Nice,BIG and fresh for tomorrow morning.
Doubt it.........

One player not liking pressure is headline material?? wtf???

Hamrlik pretty much said the opposite and it was'nt a big deal.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post

A classy person would have just made something up and said he enjoyed his time here or something even if it meant to lie about it.

I just added the comma thanks for being so respectful

Old
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
Good message, Habs are a mess / joke right now! Glad he was traded, but not for Kaberle...notha **** up by Big G. But Spacek has more chins then a chinese phonebook *Bada-Bing*
Yup, he was very sympathetic to the guys there, and understands the passion of the fans.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Doubt it.........
there probably hiding in SPACKMAN's closet right now ..lol

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post

I think we have to understand he never said he didnt like his time here. He probably meant in hindsight, he's glad he isn't part of the circus this year. There's a lot of negative press around the team and probably meant, out of all times, being out of playoff spot, french coach, subban trade rumours and yada yada he's like good time not to be there.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
One player not liking pressure is headline material?? wtf???

Hamrlik pretty much said the opposite and it was'nt a big deal.
Look how it's interesting, a guy that hasn't underachieving during his stay here and played an important role so he wasn't subject to many critics actually liked to play in Montreal while a guy that was underachieving in almost all of his tenure and was criticize by the fans and medias is glad to be out of the town. Moral of the story just don't think you're in a country club and don't underachieve.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
None of this would have happened if Gainey was still running the day to day operations. He commanded a certain level of respect and dealt with things. If he hired Cunneyworth and the media got upset he would have straight up told the media to suck it and they would have piped down. Gauthier seems afraid of the media. Spacek also would not have unceremoniously left Montreal the way Gauthier traded him and then rushed him out of the building as fast as possible. I remember at the deadline either last year or the year before where Burke made a bunch of trades and made sure he spoke to every departing player to let him know his time with the team was appreciated and that he wished him all the best. His exact quote was something along the lines of not send somebody onto a plane without offering the respect for his time of service.

Just look at Gauthier. Trades Spacek mid-practice and doesn't let him say goodbye to his teammates, doesn't even offer Wisniewski a contract or even thank him for helping the team. Just gave him the silent treatment all off-season. Didn't do anything special for Koivu's return to Montreal. Trades Cammelleri between periods and doesn't even tell him where. Fires Pearn and Martin right before a game in separate instances. Doesn't defend his choice for the interim replacement and then apologizes for him weeks later.

Gauthier has handled this team so poorly. Even disregarding the quality of the moves, the way he handles them has been totally unprofessional and it is obvious he has no respect for the players. No wonder Spacek was glad to be out.
Gainey was a champ. I like how he called out people several times to defend our players. His time has passed and this isn't a bring back gainey suggestion but Gauthier isn't very good. Everything he does seems off. Like, even in trades not everyone knows about the deal, or mid game trades and so on and so forth. I mean, for some stuff you give benefit of the doubt but there's so much smoke around this guy there's gotta be fire.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
HabsByTheBay

It all comes from the top.

It's not even about treating the press as an adversary, it's about making it clear that what they think will not influence how the organization is run.

Of course that does put your organization under immense pressure to do things correctly, and the Canadiens do not do that very well.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Gainey was a champ. I like how he called out people several times to defend our players. His time has passed and this isn't a bring back gainey suggestion but Gauthier isn't very good. Everything he does seems off. Like, even in trades not everyone knows about the deal, or mid game trades and so on and so forth. I mean, for some stuff you give benefit of the doubt but there's so much smoke around this guy there's gotta be fire.
IMO it look like Gauthier doesn't think that he is managing humans or just doesn't care about that part of his job.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Exactly! At least Bob backed his guys, stuck with them & talked to the press. Gainey made some errors, but was at least a man.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Et le But

How did this become another threat about Gauthier.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote