HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXIV | A treatise on Shark board nerdiness (at least the last one was)

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 04:41 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Man you've dated some girls who are cold as ice.
Some people have zero social skills, I would say she is one of them. The thing is, I would have been fine getting rejected I didn't particularly like the girl in question. I just wanted to try out dating with someone. As you know, didn't go too well.

Old
01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Man you've dated some girls who are cold as ice.
My first major relationship was just after high school. She hung around my house for weeks, kept wanting to go swimming (we had a pool) apparently so she could put a swimsuit on around me. Problem was she was dating my best friend at the time.

Eventually she goes "Are you ever going to ask me out?" and I said "No, your dating my best friend, your awesome, but I wouldn't do that to a friend".

Come to find out eventually that a business plan I had come up with my friend had stolen, had all my friends sign NDA's so I wouldn't know, and was trying to sell the idea to Diamond Multimedia. I found out because I started telling her about it, and shes like "uhm...". Suffice to say, I was PISSED, and so was she (she was trying to break up with him at the time anyway).

I called up my 'friend' right on the spot, confronted him about the situation to which he just stammered. Then I told him "I don't care, your too big an idiot to make that work anyway so they'll just steal it from you (which they did btw), and you'll be down a friend with nothing to show for it. Oh, and a girlfriend, because she's with me now too" And she actually grabbed the phone and told him to go to hell. It was glorious.

Anyway, we were together for about 2 months I think, was going great, but she had to move for college. I was finishing up school and planned to follow her (San Diego) two months later. We spent about a month talking on the phone literally like 4 hours+ a day (and these were R rated conversations often). So obviously I'm pretty hyped to see her again. I talk to her the day before the flight out, she acts totally normal, can't wait for me to get there, etc.

I get there, and WHAM, she's cold as ice. I ask her what's wrong, she says nothing. Obviously something is, but I try to drop it. Next she doesn't want me sleeping at her place (dorm) so I have to get a hotel spur of the moment... ooook. She'll make out with me, but nothing more (we had already done more prior to her leaving). So I'm highly, highly confused at this point, and absolutely freaking out. She keeps insisting nothing is wrong the whole weekend, I'm literally going a little insane because I don't know what is going on so at this point I'm kind of acting pretty bizarre cause I don't know how to handle it.

I get home, she calls me a few days later and dumps me, for no particular reason she can give me. She says she didn't want to tell me over the weekend because she had some important tests at school and stuff. I go "I have my COLLEGE FINALS TOMORROW!" and shes like "oh i forgot, sorry".

I still to this day have no freaking clue what went on there. Messed me up big time for quite awhile. I met my wife soon after though, and she also asked me out and I accidentally accepted (I didn't realize she was asking me out) and decided to go anyway so as not to hurt her feelings. Glad I did.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I met my wife soon after though, and she also asked me out and I accidentally accepted (I didn't realize she was asking me out) and decided to go anyway so as not to hurt her feelings.
Don't tell her that.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
param

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
You may proceed.

Age of consent in most of the world is 16. Even in the US. 13 in Vatican. And Spain; wow, what creeps!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe
Vatican is actually 14, same as Italy.

Speaking of Italy, what do Silvio Berlusconi and The Vatican have in common?

They're both lifelong members at:

Old
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
I still to this day have no freaking clue what went on there. Messed me up big time for quite awhile.
Where have I heard this before.. Oh, my lovely ex. I feel you bro.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:04 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Don't tell her that.
Haha, she knows, we joke about it a lot. My wife's awesome. We rarely ever fight (and never about anything important), and she isn't the jealous type at all. We have almost nothing in common, but it works.

That ex i was talking about was a total geek (and really hot to boot, a rarity) like me and that didn't work out obviously.

Old
01-20-2012, 05:58 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Alright EB Games, you can go to hell...

I want to get a game (Dragon Quest V, an older DS game) and it's only available used from a store that's like 2 hours away from me. But I was in the local store this morning and asked about whether or not they would send a game from one location to another and the woman said "yeah, no problem. Just phone the other store and ask them to send it out here."

So I phone the other store and ask about sending the game out and the clerk there says that they won't send anything out unless it's a certain value on the order, which I was apparently "far" below. By the time I asked about them sending stuff out, I had like $60 on the order, which isn't even unreasonable for a new console game.

so what the hell, EB? You expect people to buy like $100+ of merch before you'll send between stores? Meanwhile when I went to a music/movies store in the mall last year, they sent stuff from one store to another across the freaking country even on a minimal order of like $20-$30.

Jerks.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
this is why I buy online only

Old
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

I want to get a game (Dragon Quest V, an older DS game) and it's only available used from a store that's like 2 hours away from me. But I was in the local store this morning and asked about whether or not they would send a game from one location to another and the woman said "yeah, no problem. Just phone the other store and ask them to send it out here."

So I phone the other store and ask about sending the game out and the clerk there says that they won't send anything out unless it's a certain value on the order, which I was apparently "far" below. By the time I asked about them sending stuff out, I had like $60 on the order, which isn't even unreasonable for a new console game.

so what the hell, EB? You expect people to buy like $100+ of merch before you'll send between stores? Meanwhile when I went to a music/movies store in the mall last year, they sent stuff from one store to another across the freaking country even on a minimal order of like $20-$30.

Jerks.
go though amazon.ca and save yourself the hassle.

Old
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Just got back from the store... Saw the girl I talked about earlier.

Old
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Please tell me you guys made a GDT using SensSharksGirl's anime players
As far as I know, we haven't done that.

Old
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
That ex i was talking about was a total geek (and really hot to boot, a rarity) like me and that didn't work out obviously.
Man hot geeks are rare but most of them are also crazy and do the nuttiest things. My ex had this love for anime. Which was whatever but I dunno what happened and she got more and more obsessed with it to the point where she'd be skipping out on classes to go to conventions where all people do is play dress up as anime characters and stuff, then out of nowhere randomly bought a dog (even though she was in an apartment which didn't allow pets and she didn't really have the extra money or time to take care of it well enough), never got her license, etc etc. In the end she broke up with me on my birthday because I guess she fell in love with some guy she met at the dress up convention and felt texting me was the best way to do it. Oh and to go be with the guy she dropped out of college and moved to LA.

Looking back I'm glad that I most likely dodged a bullet. All of my friends who knew her agree lol. Especially since she tried to get back in contact because I guess dropping out of college and moving on impulse far away isn't the best of ideas.

And then I think I've told you guys about my friend who's now ex stabbed him in the thigh with a knife because she saw him kiss some other girl on the cheek and give her a hug. In case you're wondering, that girl was his older sister who had just returned from studying abroad in spain.

Hot geeks be cuh-ray-zay.

Old
param

Quote:

Jerks.
That is a dick move on their part. They should have you pay the ~$1 shipping from one location to another, and the normal price for the game. Horrible business model by EB games.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
this is why I buy online only
amazon FTW.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

Jerks.
EB/Gamestop is terrible terrible terrible.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-H.../dp/B001NJMMHG

Amazon is the best. Also they reprinted the **** out of DQV so it should be like everywhere.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
EB/Gamestop is terrible terrible terrible.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-H.../dp/B001NJMMHG

Amazon is the best. Also they reprinted the **** out of DQV so it should be like everywhere.
Amazon.com gouges the **** out of me on shipping costs to get it across the border. I once ordered a Godzilla movie from there once and had to pay like $20 shipping because the free shipping isn't cross-border and they used some stupid international shipping scheme that was like $12-15 base for the order, then $5-8 per item in the order (including the first one)

and Amazon.ca is selling the game through a 3rd party vendor (not the marketplace) for the low, low price of $48. I might as well just make the damn trip out to Richmond to get the game from that EB. Strange that for a game which should by all rights be everywhere based on printing run, this one in Richmond is the only one in the province.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Did she see you? Should've walked right past her with as much swag as possible.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Did she see you? Should've walked right past her with as much swag as possible.
She did, I flashed the few $100 bills I had in my wallet. **** that *****. She put the nail in my coffin for dating girls, I got screwed over in my HS sweetheart and she screwed me over royally. I have disdain for women.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
She did, I flashed the few $100 bills I had in my wallet. **** that *****. She put the nail in my coffin for dating girls, I got screwed over in my HS sweetheart and she screwed me over royally. I have disdain for women.
*bro fist*

You'll find a good girl, I'm sure. I'll be your wingman if you need me. But you have so many female friends, I don't see why can't they hook you up with their friends.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Friday - the night of the living drunk.

My mates were pretty gazeboed, same goes for her friends. She was drunk, but not that drunk. But drunk enough to try and lure me to stay in for the night at her place with some convincing words. KM is probably gonna hang me after reading this for not staying.

But ye, I made sure she got home safely. I don't take advantage of drunk people, and I didn't really want it to ruin what we already have. I mean, what if she woke up in the morning thinking what the **** am I doing there and how did I get there.
Quote:
The one who didn't call/text you at all? That *****.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Amazon.com gouges the **** out of me on shipping costs to get it across the border. I once ordered a Godzilla movie from there once and had to pay like $20 shipping because the free shipping isn't cross-border and they used some stupid international shipping scheme that was like $12-15 base for the order, then $5-8 per item in the order (including the first one)

and Amazon.ca is selling the game through a 3rd party vendor (not the marketplace) for the low, low price of $48. I might as well just make the damn trip out to Richmond to get the game from that EB. Strange that for a game which should by all rights be everywhere based on printing run, this one in Richmond is the only one in the province.
Find one in Reno and I'll go get it and ship it to you. Seriously, I do that for a friend in France all the time.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
My mates were pretty gazeboed, same goes for her friends. She was drunk, but not that drunk. But drunk enough to try and lure me to stay in for the night at her place with some convincing words. KM is probably gonna hang me after reading this for not staying.

But ye, I made sure she got home safely. I don't take advantage of drunk people, and I didn't really want it to ruin what we already have. I mean, what if she woke up in the morning thinking what the **** am I doing there and how did I get there.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Great, so now that we've established that none of us are date-rapers, what else is new?

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Find one in Reno and I'll go get it and ship it to you. Seriously, I do that for a friend in France all the time.
Nah, that's alright. For all the trouble it'd be for you I might as well just go get the one that's near here. It's just a boring trip.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:57 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
.gif
I knew it that you would counter with a gif!

Closed Thread