HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

rask vs price

View Poll Results: Well
Price 92 59.74%
Rask 62 40.26%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Let's see Rask play 70+ games a season before claiming he's better than Price. I just can't see how you can claim he's better than Price. A 3rd option "I first need to see Rask play as my team's #1" should be added to this poll just to filter some of the B's votes.
We already did, he lead the league in GAA and Save %age that year.

It's a toss up for long term value. I'll just take the homer pick on Rask but won't actually vote to keep the poll numbers more honest.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Price by far. It's a lot easier to have great stats when you play ~40 games a year with a Big Z in front of you.
Nah, Tuukka by far. It's funny you mention Chara, because Rask had his best game all season when Chara was not playing. So yeah, that's a fail on your part. Rask in his rookie season, stole the starting job from the reighning Vezna winner. Didn't Price lose his to Halak? Plus the numbers don't lie, It's Rask and it's not really close.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
Nah, Tuukka by far. It's funny you mention Chara, because Rask had his best game all season when Chara was not playing. So yeah, that's a fail on your part. Rask in his rookie season, stole the starting job from the reighning Vezna winner. Didn't Price lose his to Halak? Plus the numbers don't lie, It's Rask and it's not really
close.
Let's see him play likethat for 70+ games a year and without chara that'll be funny.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post

Rask could not of made such a bad team a playoff team (referring to last season with the habs).
This one really makes me laugh. Rask brought the lowest scoring team in the league, into a playoff position... as a rookie no less. He got them within a game of the conference finals.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
RaskY
GLG

Rask.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:18 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Let's see him play likethat for 70+ games a year and without chara that'll be funny.
Okay.. so should someone ask Chara to stop playing then
Seriously though, Rask-------------> Price to this point in their careers. Look it up, it's not that hard. If Tuukka wasn't hurt last year, this would be his 3rd straight year LEADING the league. What is that Price has ever done again?

Old
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Price based on the fact that the team infront of him absolutely sucks.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:42 PM
du5566*

Too many unknowns here. I am a Bruins fan and I love Rask but I feel like Price could be in similiar situation backing up Thomas playing for the Bruins. Cant really go wrong but I say Rask....

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
Okay.. so should someone ask Chara to stop playing then
Seriously though, Rask-------------> Price to this point in their careers. Look it up, it's not that hard. If Tuukka wasn't hurt last year, this would be his 3rd straight year LEADING the league. What is that Price has ever done again?
Price>task AINEC

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Rask did that two years ago when I put a non playoff Bruins team to the playoff, upsetting the Sabres in the process.
Rask has been in the NHL since 07-08 and has played a grand total of 95 games. He's currently playing his 5th season and has a career high of 45 games played.

Price also has been in the NHL since 07-08, but he played nearly three times the amount of games than Rask, on a much weaker team. Last year, he played 72 games.

Rask has great numbers as a back-up on a great team. Do you honestly think he would put up the same kind of numbers as a starter in Montréal? It's also interesting to see how much 16 games can change an opinion. This poll would have been laughable last year, with Price being in the Vezina conversation, and even Hart, at a time.

Anyway, if the Bruins rather have Rask, I, as a Habs fan, rather have Price, so there won't be much conflict here .

Case closed!

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Price plays 65+ games a year, rask barely manages to hit 40

Price AINEC

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Price for sure... but Rask is like a billion times better than Raycroft..****ing JFJ I hope he becomes the Habs GM.

I'd take Price because he easily has a much harder workload in a place like Montreal. Rask on the other hand pretty much plays half the games right now and I'm sure his games are also chosen to match ups in years before this.

Till Tim Thomas keeps playing, there is no way to judge if he's capable of handling those high # of games or if he can keep up the consistency he is right now.

Also, people pointing at Price's playoffs, don't forget Rask was the goalie that blew a 3-0 series lead and hasn't played a playoff game since then.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Montreal Shadow

Put it this way. Put Price as a Bruins backup, he would be able to have Rask's numbers. It's no coincidence he and Thomas have such ridiculous stats. Of course they play good, but they also play for the best defense in the league. It's pretty doubtful any of them would be nearly as good anywhere else.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:34 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Put it this way. Put Price as a Bruins backup, he would be able to have Rask's numbers. It's no coincidence he and Thomas have such ridiculous stats. Of course they play good, but they also play for the best defense in the league. It's pretty doubtful any of them would be nearly as good anywhere else.

I agree with that, Price would have better number with the Bruins. But you also have to look at where Price stat are this year (27th in save%), Rask wouldn't be 1st with the Habs, how can you say he would be worst than 27th ?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:42 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

equal potential, except price has the better attitude

i'd take price right now

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Tuomaz

Rask (Hasek) vs Price (Roy). I take Rask.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Rask (Hasek) vs Price (Roy). I take Rask.
I don't see how this comparison make any sense. Is it simply because one is an Euro and the other is a Canadian?

Old
01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
I don't see how this comparison make any sense. Is it simply because one is an Euro and the other is a Canadian?
Especially since Rask plays nothing like Hasek at all.

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Especially since Rask plays nothing like Hasek at all.
Nor is Price anywhere close to Roy, from his personality to his goaling style

Old
01-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Khris Creider

price

Khris Creider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Heimerdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
I agree with that, Price would have better number with the Bruins. But you also have to look at where Price stat are this year (27th in save%), Rask wouldn't be 1st with the Habs, how can you say he would be worst than 27th ?
27th in the league when half of that list didn't play half of the games of their team...

,912 save% with 2,45 GAA with that atrocious group of dman and two and a half line sucks big time night in, night out.

I'm surprised he isn't under ,900 with the way his team is playing.

Heimerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:46 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Let's see Rask play 70+ games a season before claiming he's better than Price. I just can't see how you can claim he's better than Price. A 3rd option "I first need to see Rask play as my team's #1" should be added to this poll just to filter some of the B's votes.
If I am reading this thread correctly, it isn't who is better now, it is who has the better potential in the future, that is quite a different thing.

You can't go wrong with either and I am taking Rask, I think he has the potential to be top 3 in the league if he isn't already.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:51 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Price for sure... but Rask is like a billion times better than Raycroft..****ing JFJ I hope he becomes the Habs GM.

I'd take Price because he easily has a much harder workload in a place like Montreal. Rask on the other hand pretty much plays half the games right now and I'm sure his games are also chosen to match ups in years before this.

Till Tim Thomas keeps playing, there is no way to judge if he's capable of handling those high # of games or if he can keep up the consistency he is right now.

Also, people pointing at Price's playoffs, don't forget Rask was the goalie that blew a 3-0 series lead and hasn't played a playoff game since then.
I don't see Rask as the goalie who blew that series, he had a lot of help.

There was a ton of injuries, Boston's top 3 centers were either playing hurt or were out of the lineup and when you end up having Trent Whitfield as your 2nd line center and Miro Satan as your biggest scoring threat you aren't going to win many games. It happens. Philly was the better team and should have won that series a lot easier than they did.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:02 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Habs defense can't clear the front of the net if their lives depended on it and the team usually collapses systematically whenever they have the lead. Price is often left alone yet he keeps the team in the game every night.

I mean look at this :

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Kaberle
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Weber

The pink players are soft as hell. The underlined are relatively strong players. Only Subban, Gorges and Emelin attempt to throw non-accidental hits. Pretty much the only ones winning battles too..

Combine that with the very visible fact that Price is overworked (he pretty much plays every game) and its pretty obvious why he doesn't have a .940 sv % or wtv.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Price plays 65+ games a year, rask barely manages to hit 40

Price AINEC
Yes because Rask not starting 65+ isn't totally out of his control or anything.

NUhockey is offline   Reply With Quote