HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds & Wings interested in Hemsky

Old
01-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Broom of the System

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I agree about what you're saying about Hemsky fetching a 1st rounder+ and that teams tend to overpay at the deadline which is a fact that seems to be lost among a lot of non-Oiler fans who ridiculously seem to think that Tambellini will trade Hemsky for a 2nd+.

However, didn't Poile give up a 1st rounder for Fisher at the deadline last year? He might be generally cautious in making trades but it's not like it's unprecedented for him plus there seems to be some pressure in Nashville to make it deep in the playoffs to try to entice Weber and/or Suter to re-sign so i can easily see Nashville being the team to pony up for Hemsky to give them some offensive punch.
He gave up a 1st plus another conditional pick. Fisher, however, was not a rental. He's signed through 12-13. I just don't see Poile being the highest bidder on Hemsky, unless he is forced to do so in some attempt to convince Suter/Weber to sign on.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:38 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He's on the block because he is a UFA. Reports are also out there stating that the Oilers are also re-negotiating with him for an extension. Sounds like they want to get rid of him to me.
Well believe that if you want.
Quote:
Hemsky is only on the way out if 1) the Oilers can't get a deal done with him (ie, he wants too much money), or 2) they get an offer that blows them away.
You're not paying attention, are you.
Hemsky is out BECAUSE THE OIL DON'T WANT HIM

Quote:
I don't expect Hemsky's agent has much to use for leverage in terms of getting a huge raise, so the Oil may just sign Hemsky. The 2nd and a second tier prospect will only get done if Hemsky tells Edmonton management to stick it, which probably won't happen because he likes Edmonton and apparently his gf doesn't want to leave here.
I can't find any evidence that the Oilers are actively trying to sign him. Do you have a link?

Quote:
There's nothing to "book" here, nobody knows how this turns out. But bet that if Detroit is going to get Hemsky, their first and a Ferraro type prospect, or a guy like Kindl and a later pick will be the return.
Ferraro and a second. Done deal.
I don't know if Detroit will be the team that does the deal.
But if it was Detroit, it would be for a second tier prospect like Ferraro and a second.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
You understand there are many reasons for trading a player, right? It's not always (and most often isn't) about trying to get rid of a player.

If he was part of the long-term plan for the franchise, they wouldn't be trying to dump him. You understand that right?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:53 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
He gave up a 1st plus another conditional pick. Fisher, however, was not a rental. He's signed through 12-13. I just don't see Poile being the highest bidder on Hemsky, unless he is forced to do so in some attempt to convince Suter/Weber to sign on.
That is why i think that he will make a strong play for Hemsky, to show Weber and Suter that he will do what it takes to make the team stronger.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:29 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
from detroit i would take abdelkader and a first for hemsky and peckham
oilers dont want ellis we have enough midgets

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:46 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
No. I am saying that you can get a very good player at 60 in the draft, and that if you lose Hemsky this year and get a mid level prospect and a 2nd, that this year, your team may lose a couple more games. Or are the oilers making a push for the playoffs and thats why they would be selling Hemsky. Also, I think most fans think they can get a lot more in return for their players, when they might not.
I think you're overestimating the value of a #60 pick. Would you honestly be happy trading away a highly skilled top 6 forward (28 year old UFA) for a #60 pick and a mid level prospect? Especially when there's a chance that he could be resigned. Is that even worth it? Maybe you would as a Detroit fan, since they have the best scouting staff in the league and always seem to find gems in late rounds...but we're talking about the Oilers here. lol

And if you're talking about dropping Hemsky to lose games THIS year...we don't need any help in that department. We already hold the 2nd worst record in the league. Losing a few more games won't change anything.

JJTopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:05 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
If he was part of the long-term plan for the franchise, they wouldn't be trying to dump him. You understand that right?
Or maybe...just maybe, he's available because EDM has major holes on D and can afford to move a top 6 forward to address it? Nah...that couldn't be it. He must be garbage. You're right.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
You keep saying "dump" with absolutely nothing to back it up. Please do.

If they were trying to dump him, he would have been gone a long time ago for nothing. It's pretty clear.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:31 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
from detroit i would take abdelkader and a first for hemsky and peckham
oilers dont want ellis we have enough midgets
I would love to do this, but Detroit places unreasonable amounts of value on Abdelkader because of his local roots and heroics at Michigan State. I also think if you get him it is only a second rounder, in part because of the value he carries to Detroit.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Peter Zezel

vCash: 50
Hemsky is 28 and a UFA after the season. He is probably looking at this being his second last or last contract he'll sign. The Oilers are rebuilding and a long-term contract probably isn't in the cards with the kids on ELC. The Oilers would love to sign Hemsky to a 1 or 2 year contract, but I'm sure Hemsky might not want that. Therefore, I don't think Edmonton is in no way trying to dump Hemsky, see ' LeBrun: Preds & Wings interested in Hemsky'.

As for his value, I honestly don't know but from most of what I see Detroit and Nashville fans throwing out there Edmonton doesn't bite. Not comparing Hemsky to Forsberg, but look at what injury riddled Peter got (1st & 3rd rounder, good prospect at the time Ryan Parent and Upshall). I don't think Hemsky's injuries deflate his value to a 2nd and a mid-level prospect.

Peter Zezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Lots of lulz in this thread from some people. You really think in the minds of Suter/Weber they would care enough about Hemsky making a massive impact on their team that they would consider staying in Nashville if they're leaning toward leaving just because Poile got him as a rental? Please.

Put yourself in Suter/Weber's shoes. This isn't the same Hemsky from 5-6 years ago. Some people are acting like Poile is acquiring the likes of Parise to show Suter/Weber he's serious about adding a major impact player to the team.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:46 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipee View Post
Thank goodness the Sens aren't in on the over payment that's going to occur for Hemsky.
I think its unbelievable how no one thinks they will have to pay to get Hemsky. He has been a very good player for quite some time and he is still relatively young. Id love if the sens made a pitch they could really use another top 6 player. He can create a ton and make game changing plays.

Its going to cost more then a 2nd I guarantee it, people forget what it costs to get a guy at the deadline?

Its probably going to be a first rounder or a blue chip prospect and possibly another pic.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:20 AM
dnicks17

LeBrun says the Preds want Hemsky.

Marty McSorley says Suter is going to EDM or DET at the deadline.

All the pieces are falling into place...

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:21 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I agree about what you're saying about Hemsky fetching a 1st rounder+ and that teams tend to overpay at the deadline which is a fact that seems to be lost among a lot of non-Oiler fans who ridiculously seem to think that Tambellini will trade Hemsky for a 2nd+.

However, didn't Poile give up a 1st rounder for Fisher at the deadline last year? He might be generally cautious in making trades but it's not like it's unprecedented for him plus there seems to be some pressure in Nashville to make it deep in the playoffs to try to entice Weber and/or Suter to re-sign so i can easily see Nashville being the team to pony up for Hemsky to give them some offensive punch.
Yes, but Fisher still had 2 years left. Huge difference.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:26 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

I don't believe that McSorley report for a second.

If Suter winds up in Detroit it will be in Free agency. The Preds wouldn't trade him to a potential playoff opponent and in division no less. On top off all that, I don't think the Wings want Brendan Smith and whatever other assets it takes to get him to be in their division/conference or whatever they come back up with in the future either. Even more perplexing is what does Suter going to Edmonton do? It just hurts their draft placement and then he walk in free agency.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:26 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Lots of lulz in this thread from some people. You really think in the minds of Suter/Weber they would care enough about Hemsky making a massive impact on their team that they would consider staying in Nashville if they're leaning toward leaving just because Poile got him as a rental? Please.

Put yourself in Suter/Weber's shoes. This isn't the same Hemsky from 5-6 years ago. Some people are acting like Poile is acquiring the likes of Parise to show Suter/Weber he's serious about adding a major impact player to the team.
The only people who think Hemsky as a rental will convince Weber & Suter to stay are the Hemsky fanboys. Us Nashville fans want bigger than Hemsky. However, there really isn't a huge name that is for sure on the market right now. Hemsky might be enough to help us into another 2nd round possible 3rd if everyone stays healthy. Say that does happen, then maybe the Preds and Hemsky sign a deal. Then Suter signs, then Weber. Then sign Parise in the offseason

It could be the first big domino. Nevermind that was Yip

Old
01-21-2012, 05:28 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

Who the hell is Marty McSorley? Sounds like a worse rumor than an Ek one. Edmonton as a UFA, yeah freaking right. Makes no sense for either team. And Detroit??? A division foe during a tight playoff race? He must be smoking crack, or some 13 year old Wings fan.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:45 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
The only people who think Hemsky as a rental will convince Weber & Suter to stay are the Hemsky fanboys. Us Nashville fans want bigger than Hemsky. However, there really isn't a huge name that is for sure on the market right now. Hemsky might be enough to help us into another 2nd round possible 3rd if everyone stays healthy. Say that does happen, then maybe the Preds and Hemsky sign a deal. Then Suter signs, then Weber. Then sign Parise in the offseason

You have run out of money to get Parise in that scenario. More likely while this whole scenario seems completely unlikely is that Radulov sees this four big re-ups (including Rinne resigning) and comes back across the Atlantic to fulfill his one year left on his contact.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Sens offer weircioch+ 2nd

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Rhinorage

Quote:
Who the hell is Marty McSorley? Sounds like a worse rumor than an Ek one. Edmonton as a UFA, yeah freaking right. Makes no sense for either team. And Detroit??? A division foe during a tight playoff race? He must be smoking crack, or some 13 year old Wings fan.
I guess you must be new to hockey. He only played 16 years in the NHL and won 2 Stanley cups. He must be a no name scrub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_McSorley

Rhinorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:58 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:

I agree. Bringing in Hemsky won't sway Suter. Would have to trade for/sign a few key guys up front and that's no easy task on a budget. That or go on a long playoff run. Feel bad for Preds fans right now. Tough position to be in.

Quote:
I think McSorley meant Edmonton, Detroit and a few other teams would offer him a contract in the Summer. Don't think it was via trade.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Borlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I don't believe that McSorley report for a second.

If Suter winds up in Detroit it will be in Free agency. The Preds wouldn't trade him to a potential playoff opponent and in division no less. On top off all that, I don't think the Wings want Brendan Smith and whatever other assets it takes to get him to be in their division/conference or whatever they come back up with in the future either. Even more perplexing is what does Suter going to Edmonton do? It just hurts their draft placement and then he walk in free agency.
Agreed. Detroit simply can not afford to give the pieces required to get Suter in a trade, or any of the other top defensemen for that matter.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:59 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinorage View Post
I guess you must be new to hockey. He only played 16 years in the NHL and won 2 Stanley cups. He must be a no name scrub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_McSorley
So this makes him an insider on what GM's are thinking?

Old
01-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassasin View Post
Sens offer weircioch+ 2nd
already gave away the second for turis.

01-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
So this makes him an insider on what GM's are thinking?
of course not, it just means his opinion is more valid than yours.

just like bill gates dosent know 100% whats going on over at Apple but he sure as he.. knows more about it then I do.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote