HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers

Old
01-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Scott Gomez is really being valued worst has Langkow and hanzal on this board ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I don't think there is a team in the league that would want Gomez for anything less than a 1st round pick coming their way as well. Even then, you are dealing with the cap floor teams exclusively.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Mrb1p

Assuming it's Phoenix...

They need the pour team friendly contract gomer has and why should we even give something in return?

He can play every situation and is a obvious offensive weapon for Phoenix.

And the contract is done in 2 years !

100 point in 160 games played isnt all that bad !

59 point two seasons ago.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Yandle for Couturier, Carle, 1st
I'll admit i don't know alot about Yandle, but i do know Couturier, if Yandle garners this kind of return he must be awesome. I say no if i'm Philly.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Assuming it's Phoenix...

They need the pour team friendly contract gomer has and why should we even give something in return?

Then keep him. Montreal fans just do not seem to understand this and fans from all 29 other teams do. It's probably the worst contract for production in the NHL. If you want to rid yourself of it, you're going to have to give up something very good or your ownership is going to have to bite the bullet, whether that's paying half on re-entry or the whole thing.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
hbk

Quote:
Assuming it's Phoenix...

2 years and over $9 million in salary for a player who hasn't scored a goal in over 50 games. He had what 38 points last year and is on pace for 15 points this year.

Even at a reduced salary going forward he's not worth acquiring.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:33 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
you doubt Montreal moves him? hilarious.

Maloney would likely just hang up as soon as the words "Keith" were uttered.

Hal Gill is a UFA. Plekanec is a good option at C don't get me wrong but I wouldn't move Yandle for him straight up. Not a chance. The suggestion of Phoenix adding a 1st (which right now is a Top 10 pick) is outright lunacy.
Good option? He's one of the best two way centres in the game. Put him with Whitney, he's putting up 70-points.

As far as the 1st Round Pick goes... I don't know what I was thinking. I thought Phoenix was like 3rd in the West and would be picking like 25th.

Also why I added Hal Gill (who is basically a Top-2 defenseman when Playoff time comes... for some strange reason).

Quote:
Is this a joke? Hanzal has about 240820852085802508 times the value of Gomez. Hanzal is a great two way forward who is only getting better.

As far as Langkow goes.. I'd take Langkow over Gomez in a heartbeat. Langkow makes $3M less and, pro-rated, he's on pace for double the points that Gomez is. Plus, he's a UFA in a few months.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Then keep him. Montreal fans just do not seem to understand this and fans from all 29 other teams do. It's probably the worst contract for production in the NHL. If you want to rid yourself of it, you're going to have to give up something very good or your ownership is going to have to bite the bullet, whether that's paying half on re-entry or the whole thing.
This,on a lesser scale, is how the Leafs got Cody Franson. Nash tossed him in to rid thenselves of Lombardi's contract. Same way the Leafs got Jake Gardiner, Ducks added him so the Leafs would take Lupul. The Habs will need to add something quite enticing for ANY team to take an underperforming Gomez with that contract.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Good option? He's one of the best two way centres in the game. Put him with Whitney, he's putting up 70-points.

As far as the 1st Round Pick goes... I don't know what I was thinking. I thought Phoenix was like 3rd in the West and would be picking like 25th.

Also why I added Hal Gill (who is basically a Top-2 defenseman when Playoff time comes... for some strange reason).

Is this a joke? Hanzal has about 240820852085802508 times the value of Gomez. Hanzal is a great two way forward who is only getting better.

As far as Langkow goes.. I'd take Langkow over Gomez in a heartbeat. Langkow makes $3M less and, pro-rated, he's on pace for double the points that Gomez is. Plus, he's a UFA in a few months.
Plekanec is a good player. I don't think I quite communicated that. Worth acquiring definitely. I would want something else if Yandle was heading the other way.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Halifaxhab*

Gomez for Rozival.....or PHX can just wait for the summer and sign Gomez for the league minimum

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Foppa

I would suggest that if you want an asset like Yandle...be prepared to give up somebody you consider untouchable. Somebody who's best years are ahead of them and who doesn't require 3 extra 2nd round picks attached to make it seem more fair. Be prepared to give up somebody whom it makes you sick to your stomach to give up. So sick that although you think it's plausible and fair, you probably wouldn't do it because the player you would be giving up has so much talent and potential.

That's when you can tell it's a reasonable offer. When it hurts so bad you wouldn't do it personally...but if it happened in real life, as a fan, you could start to justify it because you just got a hugely dynamic and explosive, first pairing defenseman who is only 25 and signed to a great contract for 4 more years.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I would suggest that if you want an asset like Yandle...be prepared to give up somebody you consider untouchable. Somebody who's best years are ahead of them and who doesn't require 3 extra 2nd round picks attached to make it seem more fair. Be prepared to give up somebody whom it makes you sick to your stomach to give up. So sick that although you think it's plausible and fair, you probably wouldn't do it because the player you would be giving up has so much talent and potential.

That's when you can tell it's a reasonable offer. When it hurts so bad you wouldn't do it personally...but if it happened in real life, as a fan, you could start to justify it because you just got a hugely dynamic and explosive, first pairing defenseman who is only 25 and signed to a great contract for 4 more years.
If this is true, then i guess the Couturier deal might not be bad. Philly is looking for a D man i believe.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
If this is true, then i guess the Couturier deal might not be bad. Philly is looking for a D man i believe.
I'm not saying Philly would do it and I know Philly fans wouldn't...but to me that's a reasonable offer. Guys like him, Hodgson...that seems like the kind of talent that would be required.

I'm an Avs fan and I can tell you that although I personally would never do it...I wouldn't be insulted if Phoenix wanted a guy like Duchene or O'Reilly in return for Yandle.

They have no real reason to deal him unless they get a core stud back. To put it another way...I doubt St. Louis was actively hawking Erik Johnson last year for pennies on the dollar but the Avs gave them an offer they couldn't refuse and they knew they had the blueline depth after that deal to be comfortable with letting a prized asset go. Not saying Yandle will fetch that much but you get the idea...it hurt giving up that much...it hurt a lot...but in my mind anyways (no doubt partially because I am an Avs fan), I can justify it (especially as EJ is playing like a boss as of late).

Last edited by Foppa: 01-21-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Kaibur

Spot on about Yandle. It's just not likely that he's moved and kind of a waste of time to even talk about him.

I'd rather focus on a more modest move. I'm thinking a younger center that still has some room to grow that might need a fresh start, change of scenery, something like that. Or a veteran that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to acquire but that could fit pretty seamlessly into Tippett's system.

Bailey from the Isles, Brassard from the Jackets. Hamill from the Bruins.

Maybe Lombardi from the Leafs. If Habs fans want to talk Gomez though, they better be able to stomach talking about paying half his salary or their 1st or Leblanc. If not, don't even bring him up. You might think it's trade r*a*p*e but that's the ugly position that contract has got you in. And $9M over 2 years is a ton when you're as broke as Phoenix is, not matter what the caphit.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:24 AM
ducky

Yandle is a better player than Erik Johnson.

I cannot see Phoenix trading him. He is a draft pick that has re-signed at a good contract.

It would take a legit #1 proven centre, no more than 28 years old ie entering prime.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
Peverley, Seidenberg, Knight, 3rd

for

Yandle, Gormley, Whitney and Aucoin
Yandle > Seidenberg
Gormley > Knight + 3rd
Peverly > Whitney (in trade value since Whitney is likely done at the end of the season)
Aucoin > nothing

Horrible deal for Phoenix.

Last edited by Dr Quincy: 01-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Dr Quincy

Wouldn't mind seeing Aucoin or Morris in Boston, but the only thing we have to offer are futures, not roster players (unless you count guys like Caron or Hamill roster players).

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing Aucoin or Morris in Boston, but the only thing we have to offer are futures, not roster players (unless you count guys like Caron or Hamill roster players).
I would be interested in a deal around these players. I'd prefer Caron, but I posted Hamill because Maloney does like to acquire former 1st rounders that haven't quite worked out. I know Hamill's been on waivers early in the year. Would the Bruins prefer Aucoin or Morris, particularly considering their different contracts?

Old
01-21-2012, 10:51 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

3rd + Bobby Butler
for
Adrian Aucoin

I still have confidence that Bobby could evolve into a 20-25 goal, 20-25 assist winger. I think he's learnt a lot over the process of this year and while we soon might not have room for him, he's a good enough player on many teams... plus he still has a lot of development.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:54 AM
ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Yandle > Seidenberg
Gormley > Knight + 3rd
Peverly > Whitney (in trade value since Whitney is likely done at the end of the season)
Aucoin > nothing

Horrible deal for Phoenix.
IMO Yandle > Seidenberg, Peverly + Knight

For Yandle to the Bruins it starts with one of Krejci, Bergeron or Marchand.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Oshie for Gormley 1 for 1?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
MessierII

Seriously Shawn Horcoff for whatever you want. Even if that's nothing. He's a lot better than Gomez and cheaper.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Delete post

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-21-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:32 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
to :

B. Schenn

to :

OEL

Yes, I realize he wasn't listed in the OP. Thoughts on value?
Did you read through the thread?

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Did you read through the thread?
Not closely enough, apparently.

DELETE POST

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote