HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers

Old
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I'm not saying Philly would do it and I know Philly fans wouldn't...but to me that's a reasonable offer. Guys like him, Hodgson...that seems like the kind of talent that would be required.

I'm an Avs fan and I can tell you that although I personally would never do it...I wouldn't be insulted if Phoenix wanted a guy like Duchene or O'Reilly in return for Yandle.

They have no real reason to deal him unless they get a core stud back. To put it another way...I doubt St. Louis was actively hawking Erik Johnson last year for pennies on the dollar but the Avs gave them an offer they couldn't refuse and they knew they had the blueline depth after that deal to be comfortable with letting a prized asset go. Not saying Yandle will fetch that much but you get the idea...it hurt giving up that much...it hurt a lot...but in my mind anyways (no doubt partially because I am an Avs fan), I can justify it (especially as EJ is playing like a boss as of late).
It sucks that games in the west are so late in my timezone, i miss some great hockey.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Scott Gomez is really being valued worst has Langkow and hanzal on this board ?
Langkow 7g 12 a 19pts 4.5 million ufa at the end of the year

Hanzal 5g 14 19pts new contract 3.1 million cap hit 6 years. A little scary for length

Gomez 0g 5a 5pts (only played 17 games this year) (hasn't scored a goal in his last fifty) 7.357 cap hit for 3 more years and more actual dollar salary than either.

So yes Gomez has the worst value in the NHL right now without even trying to think about anyone else. Gainey really ****ed up and you guys get to watch Gomez do nothing for two more years. Enjoy him. I love that he's a hab. Your gm could go around to every team and say we'll give you Gomez and our 1st for your 7th and you might and I mean might get one or two gm's to think about it for a second. Even teams trying to get to the cap floor don't want to pay him even the 4.5 he's to get in actual salary in his last year or the 5.5 next year.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:46 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Gomez for Rozival.....or PHX can just wait for the summer and sign Gomez for the league minimum
You really think the Habs will buy him out this summer?

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Rangers don't need defenseman and OEL is untouchable in PHX but for ***** sake.... Stepan for OEL?

Stepan is on pace for nearly 60 points as 21 year old in his second season. Has 1st line center potential with 2nd line center as his floor.

01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I would be interested in a deal around these players. I'd prefer Caron, but I posted Hamill because Maloney does like to acquire former 1st rounders that haven't quite worked out. I know Hamill's been on waivers early in the year. Would the Bruins prefer Aucoin or Morris, particularly considering their different contracts?
I'd prefer Aucoin. If Morris was looking a little better this year I'd lean his way but with 2 yrs left on his deal IMO he'd have less value to the B's. I'd love to send Hamill to the Yotes simply because I'd like to see him get a legit chance to prove himself.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Beesfan

To Phoenix
Jeff Carter

To Columbus
Brandon Gormley
Mikael Boedker

This makes perfect sense. Phoenix gets a scoring center that can be the focal point of the offense for the next decade, while the team will still be based around defense.

Columbus gets a steady defenseman and a winger with potential. Their core becomes Nash, Johansen, Yakupov and Gormley, and then they can build around them the right way. They can play Brassard and Boedker together, and hope they can challenge each other to take the next step.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I'd prefer Aucoin. If Morris was looking a little better this year I'd lean his way but with 2 yrs left on his deal IMO he'd have less value to the B's. I'd love to send Hamill to the Yotes simply because I'd like to see him get a legit chance to prove himself.
Aucoin's been pretty good this year paired with OEL. He's been steady even though he hasn't been putting up the points like he has in the past, mostly because he's playing the defensive role on the pairing. About 15 games back there was a discussion about re-signing him for another year on the Yotes board, even though we're stacked at defense (although not many RHD). That said, I'd love to give Oakie a chance to capture the grail.

Would Aucoin for Caron be fair? Seems a little uneven, though not sure how to balance it out.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
phaneuffan

Joe Colbourn for chris Summers and a third.

phaneuffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuffan View Post
Joe Colbourn for chris Summers and a third.
who's colbourn?

Old
01-21-2012, 04:05 PM
bernmeister

I'm not saying it's a blank check, but what about

Anisimov + ______________ forYandle?

Maybe Anismov, Dubi + pick for Yandle + pick?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
OlliMackBjugStud

maybe this was covered already ... but why not just, you know, keep Kyle Turris and, you know, not trade him for another dman that you didnt need?

maybe it wasnt such a great idea after all to play tough guy GM with such an important asset.

who knew eh?

OlliMackBjugStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by They call me Tytan View Post
maybe this was covered already ... but why not just, you know, keep Kyle Turris and, you know, not trade him for another dman that you didnt need?

maybe it wasnt such a great idea after all to play tough guy GM with such an important asset.

who knew eh?
They got a great return for a player that never did **** in PHX. It's good he's turned a corner but really has nothing to do with PHX

Old
01-21-2012, 04:31 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

lombardi for a 5th.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Mizral

Count me in for Schlemko or Aucoin to the Canucks but I'm not sure if Aucoin can really play at a high level any longer.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Mrb1p

You guys are aware that they actually need to find players that are willing to sign in Phoenix for next season? Oh and they need to spend 33 millions BTW.

And yes i'm aware that Scott Gomez has the most ridiculous contract ever. (Chris Drury and Redden being out.)
But stop hating the guy... He really has more point than Langkow and any other Center on the team in the last three years. Hes a hard worker, great leader and his a potential value on the powerplay.

Your powerplay shouldnt be that mediocre with Yandle.
You need a offensive center. I also agree that Langkow's contract is much better than Gomers one... I also agree that Hanzal is really improving, but hes not there, yet.

So i know it hurts, but scott gomez is a cheap low risk/High Reward for this franchise. How will they get 33 millions on the UFA anyway?

If i was Phoenix i'd do it for a 4th-5th or something and maybe have some salary coming back.
Anyway salary isnt even in discussion if im phoenix.

And why should i even care about gomez ? He's not there next season anyway.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Kaibur

Another problem for the Yotes is the budget. It's conjecture, but we've pretty much spent close to the league mandated amount already so it would nearly have to be a dollar for dollar kind of deal, or we'd have to be able to move salary elsewhere. I think the most likely salary sacrifice on forward is Pyatt.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Stajan? lol

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Another problem for the Yotes is the budget. It's conjecture, but we've pretty much spent close to the league mandated amount already so it would nearly have to be a dollar for dollar kind of deal, or we'd have to be able to move salary elsewhere. I think the most likely salary sacrifice on forward is Pyatt.
I tought Phoenix had like 10 millions remaining ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
To Phoenix
Jeff Carter

To Columbus
Brandon Gormley
Mikael Boedker

This makes perfect sense. Phoenix gets a scoring center that can be the focal point of the offense for the next decade, while the team will still be based around defense.

Columbus gets a steady defenseman and a winger with potential. Their core becomes Nash, Johansen, Yakupov and Gormley, and then they can build around them the right way. They can play Brassard and Boedker together, and hope they can challenge each other to take the next step.
Its close I will give you that. I know Howson loved Gormley and if he had the chance to move up, he would have been the choice over Fowler. As for Boedker, always liked him but I'm not sure if hes the other piece that should be added. Personally, I rather go Carter + for Yandle. Maybe Carter + Vermette + Kubalik (good young hard nose player. think Umberger-lite) for Yandle.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Trade Morris, Aucoin, and Rozsival at the deadline for draft picks. Draft Mikhail Grigorenko.

01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Todds Chiropractory

Quote:
You guys are aware that they actually need to find players that are willing to sign in Quebec for next season? Oh and they need to spend 33 millions BTW.
Fixed

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:31 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Drewiskie and a conditional 7th rounder for Tikhonov???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:34 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Didn't read the whole thread, but didn't they just trade a center FOR a Dman? I have wondered since why they did that (aside from the fact that Rundblad is a great prospect).

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:39 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
You guys are aware that they actually need to find players that are willing to sign in Phoenix for next season? Oh and they need to spend 33 millions BTW.

And yes i'm aware that Scott Gomez has the most ridiculous contract ever. (Chris Drury and Redden being out.)
But stop hating the guy... He really has more point than Langkow and any other Center on the team in the last three years. Hes a hard worker, great leader and his a potential value on the powerplay.

Your powerplay shouldnt be that mediocre with Yandle.
You need a offensive center. I also agree that Langkow's contract is much better than Gomers one... I also agree that Hanzal is really improving, but hes not there, yet.

So i know it hurts, but scott gomez is a cheap low risk/High Reward for this franchise. How will they get 33 millions on the UFA anyway?

If i was Phoenix i'd do it for a 4th-5th or something and maybe have some salary coming back.
Anyway salary isnt even in discussion if im phoenix.

And why should i even care about gomez ? He's not there next season anyway.
They could start by re signing their captain. They could spend 4 million on a centre that has a goal and still be better off. Your post has so much fail in it it's incredible. How the **** does Gomez help any pp? He hasn't scored in 50 games and he's a centre. Of course he would come cheap. He's ****ing useless. There is zero low risk/ high reward to him. 5.5 million in actual salary for a guy that can't do anything. He's the habs cap nightmare and will be for two more years.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Aucoin's been pretty good this year paired with OEL. He's been steady even though he hasn't been putting up the points like he has in the past, mostly because he's playing the defensive role on the pairing. About 15 games back there was a discussion about re-signing him for another year on the Yotes board, even though we're stacked at defense (although not many RHD). That said, I'd love to give Oakie a chance to capture the grail.

Would Aucoin for Caron be fair? Seems a little uneven, though not sure how to balance it out.
That probably is fair but I really wouldn't want to move him for Aucoin. He's a winger though and not a centre so it doesn't seem to address your teams needs.