HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 12/31/05 Rangers at Penguins - 1 PM (MSG, WABC 770)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Use the private message feature to talk to me personally. Any posts that were replies to trolls or baiting were deleted.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
NYR2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Use the private message feature to talk to me personally. Any posts that were replies to trolls or baiting were deleted.
Just get rid of the fans that come in here lookin for trouble and there would be no problems. It's not possible to ban people from certain forums, is it?

Old
12-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Good things about tonight:

Pens back in the basement.
Tyutin looked VERY solid on the point tonight.
Moore and Ortmeyer and all of the penalty killers worked their ***** off.
Malik played solid as always.
Lundqvist ROBBED pens players quite a few times.

I wish they had a bit more drive 5 on 5, but the Rangers really didn't play that bad tonight.
Another thing to mention is that Jagr is getting back on the scoring train. 2 pts tonight and 4 pts the other night against the Isles? Keep it coming.

Oh, don't forget 3 powerplay goals.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:23 PM
shoothepuck

Tyutin looked good on point on the pp.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:32 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
i agree that tyutin looked great tonite on the pp, but poti has been very solid of late as well so its interesting what renney does...also a point ive got to bring up is niemenen...this guy just shouldnt be getting playing time over people like orr...say what you want that orr is a goon and what not but niemenen hasnt done much either, and everyone loves orr...niemenen takes bad penalties that put this team in a hole and he doesnt deserve to play

Old
12-31-2005, 03:34 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
what the league needs to do is have hearings on refs and evaluate them the way they do players! refs have been horrible all year! not just the rangers, alot of teams are feeling the heat from the striped idiots! it seems that they can't have any disciplinary hearings from their side? i can't believe the ortmeyer call and the non-call on that p@#$y crosby!! refs are deciding games all over the league!
Good point the refs are deciding games all over the league, but the rangers seem to get the short end of the stick WAY WAY to much.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Good things about tonight:

Pens back in the basement.
Tyutin looked VERY solid on the point tonight.
Moore and Ortmeyer and all of the penalty killers worked their ***** off.
Malik played solid as always.
Lundqvist ROBBED pens players quite a few times.

I wish they had a bit more drive 5 on 5, but the Rangers really didn't play that bad tonight.

Ill add some as well as repeat.

Good Things:
-Tyutin on the Point. This is just what he needs, he can gain confidence up there which hopefully will improve is overall game.
-Lundqvist was a beast again, no real surprise there. If Weekes was in net we would not have walked out of the game with a point.
-Hossa, he kinda looked good out there...but then there was that shift where he lost his stick and then all interest of the game went out of him as he took 10 seconds to slowly skate to the bench.
-Lundqvist. Yes i had to just bring his name up twice.
-You say Malik..and I add the name Strudwick...this guy has been so SOLID every game. He never messes up, never takes a penalty, sticks up for the team....GREAT GREAT pickup in the offseason.

Bad Things:
-Rosz, he cannot string a few solid games together anymore. Im not going to blame him for the loss because it was a lot of bad luck but he didnt didnt impress me in his overall game tonight.
-Drats, i've been a big supporter of him all season but today he played HORRIBLE. The trip to hartford didnt help, if he plays like that again next game I say send him down for a a week or 2. He really did look like an AHLer tonight.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
And we're closed. Happy New Year to all. I'm off to have my first scotch of the evening.