HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Our third has Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis. They have about 4 goals combined and only one is bigger than 6'-0". That line could use Gaustad or Moen's size.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I was going to propose on the main board. What do you say about:
Stoll
Martinez

To Chicago for:
Michael Frolik
2nd

Kings get a skilled winger who's stuck behind the depth of Hossa and Kane. They also get a pick to keep the farm healthy. Chicago gets center and defensive depth.

I know it's not gamebreaking talent, but Stoll is out of his element on the wing. The salary difference is negligible, and the Kings get value for two players who are victims of depth where the Kings are strongest.
That would be a good trade for the Kings.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Our third has Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis. They have about 4 goals combined and only one is bigger than 6'-0". That line could use Gaustad or Moen's size.
Gaustad would be a great pickup for the right price, especially if we move stoll. I quite like our third line, nice and fast, they buzz around like bees.

Old
01-20-2012, 11:55 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Stoll
Martinez

To Chicago for:
Michael Frolik
2nd

Kings get a skilled winger who's stuck behind the depth of Hossa and Kane. They also get a pick to keep the farm healthy. Chicago gets center and defensive depth.

I know it's not gamebreaking talent, but Stoll is out of his element on the wing. The salary difference is negligible, and the Kings get value for two players who are victims of depth where the Kings are strongest.
I like it.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Not arguing the success of the line. But putting either of those on that line kills everything that the line has going for it. That line just needs a winger thats speedy and just average hands, and said player would pot 20 no problem.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:45 AM
johnjm22

Frolik is one the most overrated players I've ever seen.

No way I'd give up Amart for him.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Agreed, Frolik isnt that good, Martinez could go for a better player than that

Old
01-21-2012, 04:53 AM
clumping platelets

Going by Matthew Barry's blog on Hockeybuzz where he mentioned Buffalo

How about:

F Dustin Brown and F Jarret Stoll (total cap $6.675) for C Derek Roy, RW Drew Stafford, and prospect and/or pick (total cap $8 million). Prospect and/or pick is comp for taking on the additional cap space and evening out the deal.

What say you Kings fans? I like Gaustad and hope he stays in Buffalo. What else other than scoring are looking for? Stay at home d-man? I don't think we can help ya much there.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:21 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Stoll
Martinez

To Chicago for:
Michael Frolik
2nd

I would tweak it to see if you can get Stahlberg out of there, they flat out stole him from the Leafs, the guy is big, fast, and goes to the net. He would look good with Richards.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:12 AM
deeshamrock

The trading has begun ,
The New Jersey Devils have acquired forward Alexei Ponikarovsky from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for minor-league defenseman Joseph Sova and a fourth-round pick in the 2012 NHL Draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=612799

Quote:
Eklund is saying that we are talking to Philly for Voracek. Which would be a good alternative to JVR since he is out with a concussion. Who knows...

Just guess somebody from Philly or SJ and you'll be in the hunt.
Voracek has played well, but JVR has a bigger upside, unfortunately, he's banged up now, not just the concussion, either a hip or sports hernia issue (Flyers are very mysterious when it comes to injury reports).
But I think the reason Voracek is being heard as bait is due to JVR's injuries. The flyers need a D man, preferably a veteran guy to suipport Kimmo. Be nice if they coudl find a good Dman with an attitude . And Voraceck could be packaged.
Not sure if LA has what Philly needs in terms of experience and age.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
lol i think Eklund read your post. Now he is tweeting that Isles and Kings talking.

Depends on the asking price, but i would be all for trying to get him in our top 6. Hell, i would kind of like to see him and Lokti can do on the same line. But he would inject some good skill and speed into the lineup.
Let's be realistic.

Grabner makes $1m this season,$2m next season.To a team with a tight,internal budget like the isles,24 yr old Grabner,on pace for 25-30 goals,isn't the forward to be shopped.

Parenteau-on pace for 60-70 pts,a ufa July,2012.No word on his wanting an extension.It makes sense that he'd want to test the market.It'll be a weak ufa market and he's never had a huge payday/contract.

Nielsen-a Danish poster put a article/link on the board yesterday.Frans is telling theDanish press that he and the team are working on his extension.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Moscowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Not arguing the success of the line. But putting either of those on that line kills everything that the line has going for it. That line just needs a winger thats speedy and just average hands, and said player would pot 20 no problem.
Sounds like Stalberg would solve this problem nicely.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Going by Matthew Barry's blog on Hockeybuzz where he mentioned Buffalo

How about:

F Dustin Brown and F Jarret Stoll (total cap $6.675) for C Derek Roy, RW Drew Stafford, and prospect and/or pick (total cap $8 million). Prospect and/or pick is comp for taking on the additional cap space and evening out the deal.

What say you Kings fans? I like Gaustad and hope he stays in Buffalo. What else other than scoring are looking for? Stay at home d-man? I don't think we can help ya much there.
Teams don't trade their captain when they're playing well. Brown isn't going anywhere.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Kingler

If the Kings don't put some good distance between them and the 9th seed in the next few weeks, i expect something major(s) to be going down...

DL and his safe approach most likely hopes he won't have to do anything major, but if we are border playoff team then he will be pushed to do something drastic. He's immediate future as Kings GM rest on how the team will do these next 3 months not how they will do in 2012-2013 season or beyond, which gives him incentive to pull something big (And perhaps very risky)

IMO, its not just going to be some minor moves like a Travis Moen. Assuming we remain where we are now with the playoff picture, i expect something that will either delight us or will leave us shocked

Old
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Kings are in need of........Gagne, any word? Is he done for good?

Old
01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I would guess he won't be back until next September, if ever.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I would guess he won't be back until next September, if ever.
Sadly, yeah I wouldn't put money on him coming back this year. And I definitely doubt him coming back with any effectiveness.

I feel like there HAS to be a move. I'm sure there's lots of negotiating going on. I just have a hard time thinking about what a fair upgrade is for this team that doesn't cause more damage than good.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
voynov26

What will Dean do? Who knows....

All I know and want is not to get Hemsky. If he does... he should get FIRED IMO.

Sorry to get worked up there...

Old
01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

i think he would become yet another forward for LA that didnt meet expectations. the fans here in CHI talk **** about him for the most part for lack of production. no reason for LA to walk down that street with another guy

Old
01-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
i think he would become yet another forward for LA that didnt meet expectations. the fans here in CHI talk **** about him for the most part for lack of production. no reason for LA to walk down that street with another guy
I'm still waiting for us to randomly pick up a guy who becomes a great player for us via waivers or small trade or out of nowhere. Where's our Grabner? Where's our Andrew Shaw?

Sorry for the digression, but the inability to have a positive surprise for some time now is a bit weird. You'd think by dumb luck we'd have one of these by now. I guess you could make a case for Quincey or to a lesser extent Simmonds or Clifford (though they were 2nd rounders), but we haven't had anyone really blow up and exceed expectations for a long while. Unless I'm just tired and not remembering properly right now, heh.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post

March. Book it!

Old
01-21-2012, 03:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Philly is looking to make a move for to bring in a talented young Dman who can QB a PP and be effective in both ends. We have at least two of those guys who could be expendable for the right price (one or the other).

Vorcek maybe but not really all too super special.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Philly is looking to make a move for to bring in a talented young Dman who can QB a PP and be effective in both ends. We have at least two of those guys who could be expendable for the right price (one or the other).

Martinez & a 2nd for Simmonds?

Old
01-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

I agree. Voracek is a nice piece, but he's definitely not any sort of solution for us.

I will say I *really* wanted him in that draft.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I'm still waiting for us to randomly pick up a guy who becomes a great player for us via waivers or small trade or out of nowhere. Where's our Grabner? Where's our Andrew Shaw?

Sorry for the digression, but the inability to have a positive surprise for some time now is a bit weird. You'd think by dumb luck we'd have one of these by now. I guess you could make a case for Quincey or to a lesser extent Simmonds or Clifford (though they were 2nd rounders), but we haven't had anyone really blow up and exceed expectations for a long while. Unless I'm just tired and not remembering properly right now, heh.
I'd say Loktionov has been a nice surprise. As has the development of Kozun. 5th and 6th rounders right there.

A-mart was a 4th as well.

It's all in how you look at it.

And you have to remember guys like Shaw, and Grabner...they only got their chances because A) Injuries and B) playing for an incredibly thin team in depth.

We haven't had to deal with any of that stuff in the last 2-3 seasons. We've remained relatively healthy and have had one of the deeper lineups in the league.

Grabner was a score for sure. But remember, I am sure he was on A LOT of teams radar when he got waived by Florida. NYI was dead last and had first shot and they picked him.

Maybe if we were dead last and didn't have the depth you would be seeing surprises like Vey or Kozun already in the NHL.

Until then I am satisfied with letting our guys develop games in the minors rather then "surprising" us on a part time fill in role during an injury call-up.

Closed Thread